planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:22 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:46 pm 

Flash2k11 wrote:

Made me chuckle (source appears to be Facebook judging by the link, stole it myself from someone on Autosport)

I think after todays race we could put a second album together (Palmer Karma haha)

That is funny and has cheered me up a bit tonite. :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:15 am 

F1_Ernie wrote:
Vettel had a problem with his steering wheel which was tiliting left in the final phase of the Grand Prix.

That's because he went off the track and damaged it, similar to what he did in Hungary when he hit a kerb too hard.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place

Wins: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: 2nd Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:17 am 

Flash2k11 wrote:

Made me chuckle (source appears to be Facebook judging by the link, stole it myself from someone on Autosport)

I think after todays race we could put a second album together (Palmer Karma haha)

I find it somewhat ironic that Alonso believes in Karma. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:22 am 

Caserole of Nonsense wrote:
dont know if this has been mentioned but ferrari seemed to be way down on power to merc at this race. it looks like the oil buring rules have hit them more as early in the season it seemed they were pretty evenly matched. that or merc have made a step. the way bottas breezed past kimi down to parabolica way more reminisent of 2015. hamilton is definately favorite now in my book.

They're still running to the old oil burning rules until they bring out the next engine, it seemed to me they ran too much down force which exaggerated their lack of straight line speed plus also made them slow for the track, Red Bull ran with little down force and they were flying.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:25 am 

Lotus49 wrote:
LBET wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:
zaar wrote:
Alonso is a great driver, but from time to time his temper is ridiculous.

How well would Hamilton or Vettel act if they were flailing around in 15th place every single race?

They'd probably make sure their next career move was in their own best interest. Alonso need to do the exact opposite of what he wants to do the next time he signs a contract. Oh and a better attitude would help.

Help what?. It doesn't make your car go faster and he could have the best attitude on the grid and it won't help him get put alongside Seb or Lewis, he's too talented and that leads to headaches top teams don't want if they've already got the top talent already there.

With the absence of top tier talent a good attitude and ability to take a beating and smile can get you a good seat of course but if you're also a top tier talent it will get you nowhere but the lead role in another team rather than the chance of being put alongside another top tier talent in their team.

How often does that happen?. Only Red Bull by way of their junior programme paying off and forcing them to pit them together are the biggest team with equal(ish) talent.

The other 2 simply don't want to yet and won't until they can't beat another line up to the WCC (like Red Bull).

It's his personality that can be a headache, by all accounts he burnt his bridges with Mercedes in 2007 and Ferrari in 2014 because of his attitude.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:29 am 

j man wrote:
Lots of booing for Hamilton

Typical classless Ferrari fans :thumbdown:

Sebastian Vettel got booed halfway around the world in 2013. It isn't just a Ferrari/Tifosi thing

FA#14

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:43 am 

_Rogue_ wrote:
Zoue wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:
TedStriker wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:

Exactly right. Hamilton was already the winner, he didn't need to provoke more anger and hostility by making dumb comments in front of a Ferrari home crowd.

This illustrates perfectly why Hamilton has a lot of haters. It has nothing to do with the color of his skin, it has everything to do with the way he behaves and handles himself in public.

Oh FFS, can't you just give it a break? I saw in an earlier post you say you are 41... I seriously doubt that.

Lewis was perfectly entitled to respond to the light hearted booing with a light hearted dig. Just because you have an irrational hatred of someone doesn't mean that everything they do is bad.

I don't think everything Hamilton says or does is bad, but what he did today really angered me. I did not say one negative word about him until he decided to act like a brat on the podium. As far as I was concerned, he had done his job, won the race easily, and put himself in the lead of the championship. A good day for him. It's ashame he had to act like that in front of the TV cameras.

Oh, come on. I'm not Hamilton's biggest fan but I fail to see what he did wrong here. It was a light hearted jab back at those who were booing him simply because he won. I thought he did quite well tbh

It makes a change for us to completely agree on something Zoue :)

Just checked. It's not even a full moon!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:37 am 

pokerman wrote:
dont know if this has been mentioned but ferrari seemed to be way down on power to merc at this race. it looks like the oil buring rules have hit them more as early in the season it seemed they were pretty evenly matched. that or merc have made a step. the way bottas breezed past kimi down to parabolica way more reminisent of 2015. hamilton is definately favorite now in my book.

They're still running to the old oil burning rules until they bring out the next engine, it seemed to me they ran too much down force which exaggerated their lack of straight line speed plus also made them slow for the track, Red Bull ran with little down force and they were flying.

Doesn't really explain why if Ferrari ran too much downforce they were then nowhere really in Q3 in the rain. Fast on inters, lost on full wets, all in the rain. That seems like it's tyre and set up related. Nor does it explain how Redbull in turn were flying in the rain with 'little downforce'

I think personally it's something to do with set up and the car. Maybe with development their car has inherited a bit of Mercedes diva problem. I certainly think the Ferrari has the potential in the car to have been much faster in Monza. At Spa they got it right, and it's a high powered circuit also. In Monza they were relatively lost. If you even think back to their last dominant victory in Hungary in the first day of practice they were really lost. Not sandbagging at all. Then spent hours into the night with their test driver working night out in the sim as well. Found a good set up and they were flying come Qualifying.

I don't think Ferrari have anything to fear from power hungry or high or low downforce tracks. But it seems track by track they will need to get it 'in the zone'

Just to add, a total lack of practice 3 running due to rain may have cost them significantly more than others. Everyone went straight from P2 into quali then race. Maybe they didn't find their right window

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:52 am 

MasterRacer wrote:

I don't think everything Hamilton says or does is bad, but what he did today really angered me.

Yes, I' be quite annoyed if a driver I despise dominated a race in front of my chosen one's home crowd :)

Out of interest, what do you think of Seb's single finger gesture when he wins? It's know to annoy/anger people but he keeps doing it.

Me, I have no problem with it but I'd say it's more provocative than stating the fact that Mercedes power is better than Ferrari power. Note that he said nothing about the cars themselves.

In Singapore Seb may well be able to come back with 'Yes, but the Ferrari car is better than the Mercedes car', and he'd probably be right.

I'd suggest you never go to a football (soccer) match and hear the after match taunts from the winners!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:57 am 

Looking at Ferraris last four races vs Merc, relatively lost in Silverstone (high power high downforce), lost in early practice in Hungary (low power very high downforce) then very fast in P3, quali and race, Very very strong in Spa (very high power and high downforce) race and Vettel suprisingly fast in quali, then Monza (very high power low downforce) very fast on one tyre, lost on the other all in same conditions (rain) relatively lost in race (dry)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:35 am 

TedStriker wrote:

Out of interest, what do you think of Seb's single finger gesture when he wins? It's know to annoy/anger people but he keeps doing it.

Me, I have no problem with it but I'd say it's more provocative than stating the fact that Mercedes power is better than Ferrari power.

I have never, never understood why Seb's celebration offended people. How is it provocative? It's just a winning gesture ffs. It's like pumping your fist in the air. Do we hate that too? Did we hate the Schumacher-jump?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:50 am 

justmoi wrote:
pokerman wrote:

Doesn't really explain why if Ferrari ran too much downforce they were then nowhere really in Q3 in the rain. Fast on inters, lost on full wets, all in the rain. That seems like it's tyre and set up related. Nor does it explain how Redbull in turn were flying in the rain with 'little downforce'

I think personally it's something to do with set up and the car. Maybe with development their car has inherited a bit of Mercedes diva problem. I certainly think the Ferrari has the potential in the car to have been much faster in Monza. At Spa they got it right, and it's a high powered circuit also. In Monza they were relatively lost. If you even think back to their last dominant victory in Hungary in the first day of practice they were really lost. Not sandbagging at all. Then spent hours into the night with their test driver working night out in the sim as well. Found a good set up and they were flying come Qualifying.

I don't think Ferrari have anything to fear from power hungry or high or low downforce tracks. But it seems track by track they will need to get it 'in the zone'

Just to add, a total lack of practice 3 running due to rain may have cost them significantly more than others. Everyone went straight from P2 into quali then race. Maybe they didn't find their right window

at spa i think hamiton was struggling with his car during the race hence why vettel could keep him honest. in sector 1 they were a good chunk faster then ferrari. in monza maybe ferrari did run too much downforce but still to me there is no way the ferrari would have blasted past a merc like that with the roles reversed. it may be purely downforce but just looking at the cars during the last few races it seems ferrari has dropped back to me. one of the reasons merc have been so fast since 2014 is that they have had the power to run more downforce then anyone else. ferrari are clearly nowhere near that level at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:52 am 

mds wrote:
TedStriker wrote:

Me, I have no problem with it but I'd say it's more provocative than stating the fact that Mercedes power is better than Ferrari power.

I have never, never understood why Seb's celebration offended people. How is it provocative? It's just a winning gesture ffs. It's like pumping your fist in the air. Do we hate that too? Did we hate the Schumacher-jump?

Yes. Smug b*stard.

FA#14

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:57 am 

Zoue wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:
TedStriker wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:

Exactly right. Hamilton was already the winner, he didn't need to provoke more anger and hostility by making dumb comments in front of a Ferrari home crowd.

This illustrates perfectly why Hamilton has a lot of haters. It has nothing to do with the color of his skin, it has everything to do with the way he behaves and handles himself in public.

Oh FFS, can't you just give it a break? I saw in an earlier post you say you are 41... I seriously doubt that.

Lewis was perfectly entitled to respond to the light hearted booing with a light hearted dig. Just because you have an irrational hatred of someone doesn't mean that everything they do is bad.

I don't think everything Hamilton says or does is bad, but what he did today really angered me. I did not say one negative word about him until he decided to act like a brat on the podium. As far as I was concerned, he had done his job, won the race easily, and put himself in the lead of the championship. A good day for him. It's ashame he had to act like that in front of the TV cameras.

Oh, come on. I'm not Hamilton's biggest fan but I fail to see what he did wrong here. It was a light hearted jab back at those who were booing him simply because he won. I thought he did quite well tbh

It was also a jab at the entire Ferrari community, of which only a tiny portion booed.

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:09 am 

mcdo wrote:
mds wrote:

Yes. Smug b*stard.

:lol:

I don't think Seb's gesture is provocative, seeing as it's a 'number one' finger and he only does it when he's number one. I do find it somewhat annoying, but no more so than when Nico used to punch the camera after every race; that actually got on my nerves a lot more.

In all honesty, I think anyone who complained about it was just tired of seeing it. Much like me and Rosberg's camera punch.

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #3)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:20 am 

Superb weekend for Hamilton. Alltime record poles, win, and WDC lead! Get in there Lewis!!!

He completely schooled the field on saturday.

Alot of master racers in the crowd.

Lewis Hamilton 4 x WDC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:39 am 

justmoi wrote:
pokerman wrote:

at spa i think hamiton was struggling with his car during the race hence why vettel could keep him honest. in sector 1 they were a good chunk faster then ferrari. in monza maybe ferrari did run too much downforce but still to me there is no way the ferrari would have blasted past a merc like that with the roles reversed. it may be purely downforce but just looking at the cars during the last few races it seems ferrari has dropped back to me. one of the reasons merc have been so fast since 2014 is that they have had the power to run more downforce then anyone else. ferrari are clearly nowhere near that level at the moment.

Lewis race time in Spa doesn't suggest he was struggling. I think his fastest lap as well was just fractionally shy of Vettel's, which was extremely fast. And there was another Mercedes in the race who Seb beat comfortably. Seb being close doesn't mean Lewis was struggling. I think the ferrari was a bit faster all in all in race trim.

And we know the Mercedes ran less downforce to be fast on the straights in Spa. Toto and others from the team have said they set up the car for more speed on the straights, compromising their S2 somewhat. So yes it would have been very hard for anyone to blast past them on the straights. The cars are so close it has come to tyre, set up management track to track. It wouldn't surprise me if Ferrari are very fast in Singapore

Even now it's hard to say who will win the title. If we knew we'd all just go lump on the winning driver and get very rich

edit

Apparently you're talking about blasting past the Merc at Monza. Yes i agree obviously the Mercs were stronger at Monza. But I think that gap was more about Ferrari not getting it right. I'm sure that car has the speed for Monza. Certainly not to be so far back or behind redbull

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:45 am 

pokerman wrote:
Flash2k11 wrote:

Did I not fully what Alonso said correctly? I thought he said "Calmer". Meaning He's calmer and he can stop shouting now Palmer has gone. How do we know which one of these he meant since they both sound the same?

Last edited by TheGiantHogweed on Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:04 am 

Calmer Palmer Karma.
What a charmer.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:28 am 

mcdo wrote:
mds wrote:
TedStriker wrote:

Yes. Smug b*stard.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:32 am 

TheGiantHogweed wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Flash2k11 wrote:

Did I not folly what Alonso said correctly? I thought he said "Calmer". Meaning He's calmer and he can stop shouting now Palmer has gone. How do we know which one of these he meant since they both sound the same?

I didn't hear the message, but Karma is a much funnier response so in the interests of laughing I'm going to believe that one to be true.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:24 pm 

justmoi wrote:
pokerman wrote:

Ferrari have more down force than Mercedes but as a consequence are slower on the straight, I think it's inherent in the designs of the cars, in Singapore Ferrari are favourites, high down force, no straights.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:27 pm 

pokerman wrote:

Thats the thing, they dont have to. Everyone else will have to use the engine with reduced oil quota, Mercedes introduced all their 4 engines and can cycle through them for rest of the season while burning more oil.

Whole thing is farcical by FIA. Should have never happened in the first place, but when they were caught ofguard, this change should not have been mandated mid season or should have been enforced on existing engines as well with manufacturers allowed to carry out minor upgrades to already used power units.

But they didnt. And Mercedes cleverly used their last high oil burn engine last race. So provided one of their engines dont blow up, they dont have to introduce new engine for rest of the season.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:31 pm 

TheGiantHogweed wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Flash2k11 wrote:

Did I not fully what Alonso said correctly? I thought he said "Calmer". Meaning He's calmer and he can stop shouting now Palmer has gone. How do we know which one of these he meant since they both sound the same?

They mentioned Karma to Alonso when he was interviewed after the race and he didn't correct them, also why would he say calmer, you think he was self meditating?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:31 pm 

DirtyMike wrote:
Clarky wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:
Clarky wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:
Hamilton deserved to be booed with his comments about Mercedes power over Ferrari.

He said it because he was booed.

Bye bye!

I doubt the FIA will accept that as an excuse. He could have started an ugly bloody and brutal riot.

Drivers have a contractual responsibility to behave themselves.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Surely a joke

Gotta lova bloke with a flair for the dramatic. I guess Mt. Etna was heard to rumble as well? The skies darkened and the water buffalo stopped giving milk too?

:twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:33 pm 

TedStriker wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:40 pm 

Flash2k11 wrote:
F1_Ernie wrote:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alonso-palmer-monza-incident-heineken-948890/?s=1

"Usually that's something that's very clear in the rules: when two cars are side-by-side at the chicane and one gets to take it and one doesn't, you give back the position, but this time the FIA must have been having a Heineken."

Consummate professional, even when having a whine about something he still managed to get the product placement in... got a feeling a crate or 2 of the stuff might turn up on his doorstep in the near future

LMBAO :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:46 pm 

Lotus49 wrote:
LBET wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:
zaar wrote:

How well would Hamilton or Vettel act if they were flailing around in 15th place every single race?

They'd probably make sure their next career move was in their own best interest. Alonso need to do the exact opposite of what he wants to do the next time he signs a contract. Oh and a better attitude would help.

Help what?. It doesn't make your car go faster and he could have the best attitude on the grid and it won't help him get put alongside Seb or Lewis, he's too talented and that leads to headaches top teams don't want if they've already got the top talent already there.

With the absence of top tier talent a good attitude and ability to take a beating and smile can get you a good seat of course but if you're also a top tier talent it will get you nowhere but the lead role in another team rather than the chance of being put alongside another top tier talent in their team.

How often does that happen?. Only Red Bull by way of their junior programme paying off and forcing them to pit them together are the biggest team with equal(ish) talent.

The other 2 simply don't want to yet and won't until they can't beat another line up to the WCC (like Red Bull).

You're right. True team leaders, pillars of the sport and examples to one and all whine loudly and continually in the face of adversity. It's widely believed that that's the best approach when you need to rise above challenges not completely of your own making.

I call the "maturity diminuendo" and is bound to lead him even closer to his rightful destiny don't you think?

Last edited by LBET on Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:53 pm 

justmoi wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
LBET wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:
zaar wrote:

NO. It will help get you a good job. He can be a top talent AND have the right attitude, no? Repeatedly dumping on Ferrari after leaving and then pleading to go back when they're competitive I found shocking. His attitude is super unprofessional. Why on earth would they take him back. None of the top teams taking him is surely not because of his abilities to drive a car. Mercedes even flirted with Vettel (another top and very expensive even talent) and if we're to believe Lauda contemplated pairing him with Lewis.

A different top talent and Kimi and Valteri's seats were there to be had. I mean this guy has blackmailed his boss and ended up costing them 100 million USD and constructors points, totally dumped on his previous employer and is now doing the same to his current ones. At least be professional? His attitude is certainly NOT making the cars go faster.

Top talent though, no doubt

Exactly. How in the name of all that is holy could anyone thrive, working with someone who literally sucks the Chi out of every member of the organization. The natural result of such behaviour was embodied in comments by Sergio Marchionne. Just try working with someone like that and see how slowly, and horribly, time passes.

http://en.f1i.com/news/273155-alonso-no ... ionne.html

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:58 pm 

MasterRacer wrote:
Zoue wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:
TedStriker wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:

Well I really hated it, and my opinion hasn't changed one iota some 8 hours later.

Way to hang on to the hate. You're amygdala must be working overtime.

In the immortal words of Luba...
https://youtu.be/NK3L6ccMQ4U?t=1m

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:04 pm 

Covalent wrote:
Zoue wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:
TedStriker wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:

It was also a jab at the entire Ferrari community, of which only a tiny portion booed.

Well, he could have done an Eriksson and said "suck my 8@!!$" on live tv. Gotta givim that. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:10 pm 

pokerman wrote:
TheGiantHogweed wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Flash2k11 wrote:

They mentioned Karma to Alonso when he was interviewed after the race and he didn't correct them, also why would he say calmer, you think he was self meditating?

He was clearly practicing his mantra.
https://youtu.be/pS-2EotSwb0?t=1m18s

All caught up now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:43 pm 

LBET wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Zoue wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:
TedStriker wrote:

Well, he could have done an Eriksson and said "suck my 8@!!$" on live tv. Gotta givim that. ;)

That was Magnussen, you got the wrong Scandinavian. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:38 pm 

LBET wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Zoue wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:
TedStriker wrote:

Now that would have been funny!

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:44 pm 

one thing I did notice when the crowd were booing lewis. seb did not register a flicker of distain and said nothing , I truly believe if it happened at Silverstone lewis would jump in and tell the English fans to not behave like that
and that says a lot about seb , and would he honour an agreement with kimi , like the 2 merc teammates did , and then my thoughts wander back to the banger cars incident , all very sporting and honourable-its hard to like a sore looser

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:03 pm 

justmoi wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
LBET wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:
zaar wrote:

NO. It will help get you a good job. He can be a top talent AND have the right attitude, no? Repeatedly dumping on Ferrari after leaving and then pleading to go back when they're competitive I found shocking. His attitude is super unprofessional. Why on earth would they take him back. None of the top teams taking him is surely not because of his abilities to drive a car. Mercedes even flirted with Vettel (another top and very expensive even talent) and if we're to believe Lauda contemplated pairing him with Lewis.

A different top talent and Kimi and Valteri's seats were there to be had. I mean this guy has blackmailed his boss and ended up costing them 100 million USD and constructors points, totally dumped on his previous employer and is now doing the same to his current ones. At least be professional? His attitude is certainly NOT making the cars go faster.

Not if you've got the same level of talent as the top guys already at the team it wont. They don't want the headache of another Rosberg never mind an Alonso. Bottas and Kimi are two drivers comfortably slower than the big boys but are happy to take it and smile. That's where having a good attitude helps, but because headaches arrive when team mates are competitive it doesn't matter what Alonso does/did he wouldn't be getting the call because he's too competitive and why give yourself that problem again but even worse.

He answered repeated questions about regretting leaving Ferrari and having his nose rubbed in their turn around and Honda's failure at every weekend during 2015. Of course he responded with why he left, nothing wrong with those comments and he also praised them too don't forget.

You can believe Ferrari and Mercedes are basing who they sign on talent and it's Alonso's history that precluded him all you want, I'm not buying it for a second. Neither made any attempt to tempt Red Bull to part with one of their drivers and that tells me everything about what they were looking for this time.

You would think Alonso currently driving for McLaren would be a hint as to what teams are like given the right circumstance but apparently not.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:07 pm 

Lotus49 wrote:
justmoi wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
LBET wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:

Not if you've got the same level of talent as the top guys already at the team it wont. They don't want the headache of another Rosberg never mind an Alonso. Bottas and Kimi are two drivers comfortably slower than the big boys but are happy to take it and smile. That's where having a good attitude helps, but because headaches arrive when team mates are competitive it doesn't matter what Alonso does/did he wouldn't be getting the call because he's too competitive and why give yourself that problem again but even worse.

He answered repeated questions about regretting leaving Ferrari and having his nose rubbed in their turn around and Honda's failure at every weekend during 2015. Of course he responded with why he left, nothing wrong with those comments and he also praised them too don't forget.

You can believe Ferrari and Mercedes are basing who they sign on talent and it's Alonso's history that precluded him all you want, I'm not buying it for a second. Neither made any attempt to tempt Red Bull to part with one of their drivers and that tells me everything about what they were looking for this time.

You would think Alonso currently driving for McLaren would be a hint as to what teams are like given the right circumstance but apparently not.

Both Red Bull drivers are under contract, let's see what happens in 2019 and 2020.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:14 pm 

pokerman wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
LBET wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:
zaar wrote:

It's his personality that can be a headache, by all accounts he burnt his bridges with Mercedes in 2007 and Ferrari in 2014 because of his attitude.

I'm sure it can, but so can Lewis and Seb's. The good doctor can't even shower in peace and answer a call from Toto without thinking it's about Lewis having a fit and Seb got his knuckles rapped last year and told to shut up and focus on driving by Sergio.

Which is exactly the problem, they don't want to double those headaches. Kimi and Bottas offer no such headaches of their own and don't increase the headaches caused by Lewis and Seb. Alonso would do both.

(Burnt bridges don't matter for Ferrari anyway as you believe Seb has an Alonso shaped clause in his contract remember.)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:15 pm 

LBET wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
LBET wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:
zaar wrote:

You're right. True team leaders, pillars of the sport and examples to one and all whine loudly and continually in the face of adversity. It's widely believed that that's the best approach when you need to rise above challenges not completely of your own making.

I call the "maturity diminuendo" and is bound to lead him even closer to his rightful destiny don't you think?

:?:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:20 pm 

LBET wrote:
justmoi wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
LBET wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:

Exactly. How in the name of all that is holy could anyone thrive, working with someone who literally sucks the Chi out of every member of the organization. The natural result of such behaviour was embodied in comments by Sergio Marchionne. Just try working with someone like that and see how slowly, and horribly, time passes.

http://en.f1i.com/news/273155-alonso-no ... ionne.html

McLaren don't seem to agree.

Boullier wrote:
“This is a great quality but it might have led to some misunderstanding about what his expectations are. Fernando has had a reputation for being quite a handful to manage when really he is not. Once you’ve understood his hunger for performance, it’s quite easy to deal with this character trait. Of course, you can imagine that he is quite chagrined in light of our recent results. Fernando might have his character, expectations, and conditions but he is not like the guy he is sometimes portrayed.

http://en.f1i.com/magazine/magazine-fea ... ers.html/2