planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:12 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:23 pm 

Robbo-92 wrote:
Schumacher forever#1 wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
Polyphony sure do love supporting their games, been out nearly two weeks and it's had around 2.5gb over 3 patches, two weighing in at 1.2gb +.

Don't get me wrong as it's great to see a developer actually fix any problems with the game, on,y problem being I haven't found many so wonder what the huge patches have been for. I presume the initial 1.2gb will have been enabling the online side of things.

That's going to take me days to download! :(

I thought that but it wasn't so bad, 45 mins to download and a few to install, internet allowance will take a hit this month though!

You don't understand! It takes half an hour to download 50mb... I have the slowest internet ever! :?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:40 pm 

RaggedMan wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
So GT6 has been out for a whole day now, can anyone give me a stellar reccomendation to go and buy the game rather than wait for the complete version which I presume will release in a years time? (roughly anyway). Honestly I think the graphics look superb, makes me think developers can't do much more no matter what the hardware is like, first time I saw footage of the moon stages I joked with a family member that they had sent a rover to the moon, they were shocked when it turned out to be a game.

Can anyone comment on the major changes from GT5 which I thought was a great game, but still had room for improvements, mainly a fast forward function for b-spec races.

- The UI is much better, thank god.
- The only car you're allowed to buy initially is a 2010 Honda Fit.
- The license tests aren't available to you at first, and you unlock them by working your way through the races. Like half way through the Novice races unlocks the B-license tests, half way through the B Series races unlocks the A Series tests.
- The lunar rover missions are unlocked after completing the first few series in the B racing series, and they're kind a fun diversion. Managed to somehow barrel roll when I crested a hill too fast while also hitting a rock with the left side wheels.
- Lots of new tracks, some where available via DLC before but are now part of the game. Everybody here in the states are creaming their pants over Willow Springs being included.
- At first I was thinking that the AI drivers were much better, but they're really not. They seem to be more aware if you're inside them at the apex but not always, and they still always brake mid-corner and sometimes on corner exit. So a little better but not much.

That's my experience so far. I haven't seen (or bothered looking for) the B Spec stuff yet. I'm not really bothered about that until I can start getting into the endurance races where I'm hoping that you can use those drivers to drive stints like in GT 4.

Almost forgot. The car you can use in a race is now based on the PP rating as well as the car type. So it'll say limited to cars of 400 PP and FF drive train. So now it's not as hard to find an evenly matched car in your garage so that you're not getting totally dusted, or have a Vettel like lead after the second corner. I was hoping they'd bring back qualifying so you could have a better chance with a lesser car but it seems that it's not to be.

Very nice review by both of you. Don't ask me why but I am looking forward to this eco drive thing sounds interesting.

Item has been dipatched by Amazon but because of Xmas I am still waiting :(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:44 pm 

Well finally unlocked online play, you have to do the receive the national A licence which is opened up when 20/90 stars are acquired on national B races/cups.

If anyone wants to play online PM me and we can exchange PSN's.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:55 am 

I'm getting my copy today :)

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:56 pm 

Robbo-92 wrote:
Well finally unlocked online play, you have to do the receive the national A licence which is opened up when 20/90 stars are acquired on national B races/cups.

If anyone wants to play online PM me and we can exchange PSN's.

Will be doing that when I have my copy. Fingers crossed today!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:57 pm 

Covalent wrote:
I'm getting my copy today :)

E-N-V-Y

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:58 pm 

JUST GOT MY COPY!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:49 pm 

Won't spoil the car you get to drive but the last round of goodwood is immensely addictive, at least I presume its the last round considering the car.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:41 am 

I'm liking it so far, but IMO it has the same problem as GT5. It's too easy. I'm halfway through the novice series and I've had 3 stars from all the races and challenges so far, practically all from the first try. This means since buying the first car I've had to spend exactly 0 credits and as I've only used the gift cars and I haven't even had to tune them to win the races. Even though I'm miles away from the PP max for each race. This means the credits have no real value. Sure I could use them to buy better cars and tune them, but that would just make it even more easy. But I guess it'll start getting more difficult!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:25 pm 

Anyone did the Mercedes Vision / BMW M4 glitch? I did and I'm very proud of doing so. Otherwise you would spend an insane amount of time collecting enough money to buy all the most expensive cars.

If you haven't, bad luck, because it has been fixed already in the latest patch.

Covalent wrote:
I'm liking it so far, but IMO it has the same problem as GT5. It's too easy. I'm halfway through the novice series and I've had 3 stars from all the races and challenges so far, practically all from the first try. This means since buying the first car I've had to spend exactly 0 credits and as I've only used the gift cars and I haven't even had to tune them to win the races. Even though I'm miles away from the PP max for each race. This means the credits have no real value. Sure I could use them to buy better cars and tune them, but that would just make it even more easy. But I guess it'll start getting more difficult!

Of course the novice series are too easy, but you can always get a slower car. You can see some of the rivals that will be in the race before you start, so you get an idea.
It's all about what car you use for each race and what cars you race against. For example the 125 karting races aren't that easy as you have exactly the same vehicle.

Anyway, the real challenge in this game is not playing against the machine, but playing online against other players.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:40 pm 

BIG DILEMMA: I have GT6, f1 2013 and dirt 3 ready to play, but my steering wheel has not arrived and I'll be gone from Xmas to the 6th. Should I start them now or wait... :/ :L

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:28 pm 

BIG DILEMMA: I have GT6, f1 2013 and dirt 3 ready to play, but my steering wheel has not arrived and I'll be gone from Xmas to the 6th. Should I start them now or wait... :/ :L

I think if you play with the controller you won't die or something like that

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:49 pm 

@RacingFan1, gave the glitch idea a glancing thought then decided on a firm no. With the latest update it added a consecutive play bonus, where if you signed in with your psn for 5 days in a row you get 200% prize money! for example on the Red Bull X challenge, in the cart race championship the Eiger Nordwand corse is very easy to win, and you get 137,000 credits for that one event, for some of the online events a friend told me he got 1.3 million for one event and that wasn't with 200% bonus! think he was at 150% so money isn't an issue on this game, I presume they included the bonus scheme so people who can afford and want to pay real money for credits can do that, but if you don't want to then money is still very easy to come by.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:20 am 

RacingFan1 wrote:
Anyone did the Mercedes Vision / BMW M4 glitch? I did and I'm very proud of doing so. Otherwise you would spend an insane amount of time collecting enough money to buy all the most expensive cars.

If you haven't, bad luck, because it has been fixed already in the latest patch.

Covalent wrote:

Of course the novice series are too easy, but you can always get a slower car. You can see some of the rivals that will be in the race before you start, so you get an idea.
It's all about what car you use for each race and what cars you race against. For example the 125 karting races aren't that easy as you have exactly the same vehicle.

Anyway, the real challenge in this game is not playing against the machine, but playing online against other players.

Typo, I meant the National B series (including the karting races). Now I'm almost done with all the national b races (and the goodwood ones) and still the same issue. But it's enjoyable if you have a car that's at least 100PP down.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:12 am 

RacingFan1 wrote:

I think if you play with the controller you won't die or something like that

Is suppose, but it is going into the deep end... 8O

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:58 pm 

Covalent wrote:

Yes you are right.

I don't understand why it is so easy. I have actually purchased few cars for my linking and it is quite easy using them with no tuning.

PD really need to buck up if they want the "real driving simulator" to live up to it's name.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:02 pm 

Robbo-92 wrote:
Won't spoil the car you get to drive but the last round of goodwood is immensely addictive, at least I presume its the last round considering the car.

If you're talking about the Mercedes GT3 car there are more. Every time I do a series of Goodwood they add another series of three challenges.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:06 pm 

ScuderiaFerrari wrote:
Covalent wrote:

Yes you are right.

I don't understand why it is so easy. I have actually purchased few cars for my linking and it is quite easy using them with no tuning.

PD really need to buck up if they want the "real driving simulator" to live up to it's name.

I'm finally finding things a bit more challenging in the International A series. I still do most races with a car that's 30-40 down from the PP limit but it's still not hard.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:39 pm 

RaggedMan wrote:
ScuderiaFerrari wrote:
Covalent wrote:

Yes you are right.

I'm finally finding things a bit more challenging in the International A series. I still do most races with a car that's 30-40 down from the PP limit but it's still not hard.

Yes, I have just started the A Series too. I reckon you should use something at least 50 PP down from the limit, depending on how challenging you wish to have the races.

Does anyone know if you can repeat any races to gain the same amount of Cr.'s or has this been patched?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:12 pm 

RaggedMan wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:

If you're talking about the Mercedes GT3 car there are more. Every time I do a series of Goodwood they add another series of three challenges.

I don't think that's what he's talking about... I assume it's the
Spoiler: show
Red Bull X2010

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:56 pm 

Covalent wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:

Red Bull X2010

Have you completed good wood then Covalent? If so what time have you got, I'm down to a 25.5, can't seem to improve any more though!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:01 am 

Robbo-92 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:

Red Bull X2010

Have you completed good wood then Covalent? If so what time have you got, I'm down to a 25.5, can't seem to improve any more though!

25.5? I haven't broken 30 yet. Then again once I got the gold I had to take a break from it, that car is exhausting.

Is it just me, or is the Aston-Martin One-77 an under steering pig? That is the one that took me the most tries to get the gold trophy on.

Last edited by RaggedMan on Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:04 am 

Robbo-92 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:

Red Bull X2010

Will have to check the exact time but I don't think it was anywhere as good as yours, IIRC my time was a 29. Gave up as soon as I reached the gold level, that car is not fun to drive IMO :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:47 pm 

Covalent wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:

Red Bull X2010

Will have to check the exact time but I don't think it was anywhere as good as yours, IIRC my time was a 29. Gave up as soon as I reached the gold level, that car is not fun to drive IMO :lol:

Haha, I love that car. What I found was, when I actually reached the finish line, it was quicker than my previous, getting it to the line was the real problem. :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:23 am 

Robbo-92 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:

Red Bull X2010

Haha, I love that car. What I found was, when I actually reached the finish line, it was quicker than my previous, getting it to the line was the real problem. :)

Yeah I know, I only reached the line twice :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:01 pm 

I've been intrigued with the Deltawing car ever since it was one of the proposed designs for the new Indy car chassis, followed it through the whole Garage 56 year at Le Mans and it's subsequent iterations to present day so I was excited when I saw that it was going to be in GT6.

Last night bought one from the dealership ran it in the IA Dream Car Championship just for kicks, and found that (in game at least) it has some funky characteristics. One is that the back end is really planted through long sweeping curves right up to the point it isn't, at which point it's gone and you're just a passenger. Two is that if one of the IA drivers push you against the wall such that the side of the car is touching the wall at both the front and back, then you're wedged in there and have to reverse out and away from the wall to get going again. There really is no glancing off of a wall and going about your merry way with this car.

Once you get use to its quirks it's fun to drive, but doesn't have a lot of top end speed, or quick acceleration, so you really have to out drive the competition through the curvy bits so as not to get run down on the straights.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:15 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESGXTFFZXM

Really interesting documentary about Gran Turismo and it's creator Kazanori Yamauchi

One thing I found interesting was that they reveal how the tracks are made (laser scanning, aswell as camera mounted vehicles and sky shots), I suspected it to be the case as some of the tracks are unbelievably accurate but some people have used the lack of this knowledge to put down the game in the past.

Personally I've always thought that Gran Turismo had excellent track quality, Brands Hatch, Silverstone and Bathurst in the recent Gran Turismo 6 are prime examples. I have my issues with the series and I don't consider it the best racing/driving simulator by any stretch but have always been a fan of the series, the Nordschleife Nurburgring in GT5/6 is nothing short of spectacular.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:05 pm 

Does anyone still play Gran Turismo? It seemed to be unbelievable at the start and then, slowly, I begun to find all the little problems with the game, and, to be honest, I think GT5 was better, simply because of the grid starts, makes such a difference IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:19 am 

Does anyone still play Gran Turismo? It seemed to be unbelievable at the start and then, slowly, I begun to find all the little problems with the game, and, to be honest, I think GT5 was better, simply because of the grid starts, makes such a difference IMO.

I very rarely had grid starts in GT5 though, maybe just want playing the right events though. But I wish they would have an option for the race starts ie you can choose grid or rolling, I would choose grid any time though!

Also I still do play it from time to time, nothing like when I first got GT6 though, kind of addicting to start with.

If anyone wants to play online, send me a PM and we can exchange PSN's :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:35 pm 

I miss qualifiying! They've done away with it in the last 2 versions which really disappionted me.
On longer races it isn't such a big deal, but in the 3-5 lap races if you don't have a much better car than the competition you almost have to revert to ramming into everyone to get to the front.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:44 pm 

RaggedMan wrote:

I miss qualifiying! They've done away with it in the last 2 versions which really disappionted me.
On longer races it isn't such a big deal, but in the 3-5 lap races if you don't have a much better car than the competition you almost have to revert to ramming into everyone to get to the front.

Yeah, the fact that you have to be around 6 sec a lap faster than the 1st placed car because of starting several seconds later than the lead car really bugs me. It makes for terrible racing that leads to breezing passed people. It should be the case that every car is on par with each other, that we have to attack and defend your position. I'm sorry, but it's not real racing!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:35 pm 

RaggedMan wrote:

Yeah, the fact that you have to be around 6 sec a lap faster than the 1st placed car because of starting several seconds later than the lead car really bugs me. It makes for terrible racing that leads to breezing passed people. It should be the case that every car is on par with each other, that we have to attack and defend your position. I'm sorry, but it's not real racing!

I agree, its so annoying as if your car isn't stupidly quick, its next to impossible to catch the lead car

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:41 am 

Anyone put in some laps in the first session of the 2014 GT Academy? My best time is a 1:03.9 which is a second off the best and puts me in about 5000th place. But I've only tried it with the controller yet so I should be able to improve somewhat with a wheel.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:41 pm 

Covalent wrote:
Anyone put in some laps in the first session of the 2014 GT Academy? My best time is a 1:03.9 which is a second off the best and puts me in about 5000th place. But I've only tried it with the controller yet so I should be able to improve somewhat with a wheel.

Can't remember my time at Brands, but given the Leaf's pathetic speed and if you make the slightest correction it's game over for another lap.

Had a go in the 370Z yesterday, a best time of 1m36.7 so far. Apricot Hill is one tough circuit to master, even more so in that car!

Like you I haven't had a chance to get my wheel out yet but this weekend I'll give it a go.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:23 pm 

MistaVega23 wrote:
Covalent wrote:

Can't remember my time at Brands, but given the Leaf's pathetic speed and if you make the slightest correction it's game over for another lap.

Had a go in the 370Z yesterday, a best time of 1m36.7 so far. Apricot Hill is one tough circuit to master, even more so in that car!

Like you I haven't had a chance to get my wheel out yet but this weekend I'll give it a go.

Yeah, it's a different kind of challenge when you really need to do all in your power to keep the corner speed as high as possible.

The second session has started? I'll have to give it a go.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:45 pm 

Yeah, I forgot it was out as well :) I'll probably do a dozen laps or so over the weekend. At least it's a normal car with a nice track.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:40 pm 

Your mum's so big she's a Gran Turismo 6 update...

Out of curiosity, anybody ever manage to gold the Vettel challenge in GT5?

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:51 pm 

Floppy_Boy wrote:
Your mum's so big she's a Gran Turismo 6 update...

Out of curiosity, anybody ever manage to gold the Vettel challenge in GT5?

Nope, I never bothered updating GT5 because it would have taken too long. I had like a dozen downloads to do.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:03 pm 

There was a massive update yesterday and Senna tribute events will be unlocked within two weeks. Two new 80's tracks! Brands hatck 80's and Monza 80's to emulate Senna's first steps to motorsport. Three senna cars will be unlocked (Kart, Formula 3, and the '85 Lotus Johny Player Special.
Also the BMW vision GT and the Mitsubishi Vision GT have been released. The BMW is available since yesterday and the Mitsubishi is not unlocked yet in the game but it will be soon.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:42 pm 

nixxxon wrote:
There was a massive update yesterday and Senna tribute events will be unlocked within two weeks. Two new 80's tracks! Brands hatck 80's and Monza 80's to emulate Senna's first steps to motorsport. Three senna cars will be unlocked (Kart, Formula 3, and the '85 Lotus Johny Player Special.
Also the BMW vision GT and the Mitsubishi Vision GT have been released. The BMW is available since yesterday and the Mitsubishi is not unlocked yet in the game but it will be soon.

Damn. That means I'm going to have to update the PSnetork software on my machine so I can log in. That always takes way too long.