planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:21 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules





Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6948
Location: Mumbai, India
Really digging the current event at Singapore. My run at the event:


_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 2651
Location: England
I'm on the absolute cusp of buying this game, but just reading what you guys are saying, I know i'll have to sink hours of my life into it to get good again and FIFA has already almost cost me my marriage :lol:

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2018: {Rookie Year}
Final positon: 1st | 3 Podiums | 2 Wins
2018 Pick 10 Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am
Posts: 509
Location: Stratford
I think I'm going to buy the game this weekend.

Just a quick question - are the practice programmes different this year?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6948
Location: Mumbai, India
JN23 wrote:
I think I'm going to buy the game this weekend.

Just a quick question - are the practice programmes different this year?


It's more immersive. Apart from the 5 practice programmes that we had in last year's game, this year there's even ERS Management programme (although haven't tried it still). We get more resource points through these & the contract negotiations can up the resource points received.

The graphics & physics are much better, the media interaction with Claire has an advantage when it comes to getting parts from specific departments or attracting other teams depending on Your answers which would either tilt towards Sportsmanship or Showmanship.

We have Russia & Germany tracks as well which are fun.

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am
Posts: 509
Location: Stratford
Thanks, sounds good!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 1047
@ jn23 & flask2k11 the game is worth picking up and you will spend hours looking for just fractions of a second. In this years game everything you do has a purpose not just the r&d. The interviews play a major role in the motivation & moral of your team. Which in return can speed up development or slow it down. It also effects contract negotiations and what teams are looking at you. Visually the game is the best it has looked. Handling of the cars is far superior then previous years. You can really feel the cars reactions & grip levels. You manage a lot more of the car with the included ers. It can make or break your lap but when you get it right instant bliss 8O

@ unlikeuday

You forgot to hit Sirotkin on lap 58 :twisted:

_________________
PF1 pick 10 2016: 7th (1 win, 4 podiums), 2017: 17th (3 podiums)
Awards: Sergio perez trophy & Podium specialist
PF1 pick 3 2015: constructors 2nd, singles 5th
Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6948
Location: Mumbai, India
A small clip from my career race at Belgium. While defending against Raikkonen, he gets a little touch & spins. He takes ages to recover & join the track, only to be slammed by Vandoorne. Love the aggressive AI in the game.


_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 6205
Location: Michigan, USA


You have to leav-a da space - all the time, you have to leav-a da space! ;)

Racing incident, but I'd have to say you squeezed him a little too much at the apex. His car was pretty much along side when you turned in.

_________________
PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 14 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am
Posts: 509
Location: Stratford
I bought the game and have just completed my first career race. I chose Force India as my team and Ocon as my teammate.

I had AI difficulty at 88% and race distance as 50%.

I qualified 10th and finished sixth in the race, a bit of a messy race for some. An early safety car caused by Verstappen blowing up (insert joke here) saw all the Ferrari's and Ricciardo pit, whilst myself and the Mercs stayed out. A VSC on lap 8 then meant that I could take advantage and come out of my pit stop ahead of the Ferrari's. It took them until lap 27/28 to catch me before passing quite easily - it surprised me it took them so long to catch me, I was probably only ~10 seconds ahead when I left the pits. Another late safety car probably saved me from being passed by Ricciardo.

First impressions of the game are that it is great and I'm looking forward to playing it more. I think I need to up the AI difficulty a little though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am
Posts: 509
Location: Stratford
And for those of you who have played career mode - how often do you get interviewed?

I got interviewed after P1 and the race in Australia and am just in qualifying at Bahrain and have yet to be interviewed. Does that sound normal?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am
Posts: 509
Location: Stratford
I've also just noticed something a little strange. After finishing Q2, Ocon's time in the summary was different to what it said when I went to the race director screen. Ocon out qualified me (both times were better than mine) but I got the rivalry point for doing a faster lap in qualifying.

I've also noticed that the time being shown for Vettel isn't as fast as another lap he did in the session when looking at the race director screen. Has anybody come across these things?

The gameplay is really enjoyable so far, but things like this annoy the hell out of me :thumbdown:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6948
Location: Mumbai, India
JN23 wrote:
And for those of you who have played career mode - how often do you get interviewed?

I got interviewed after P1 and the race in Australia and am just in qualifying at Bahrain and have yet to be interviewed. Does that sound normal?


You'll get interviewed if You've exceeded the team's expectation either in qualy or race. If You've gotten a lackluster result, she won't care abut You!

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6948
Location: Mumbai, India
Putting some funny & crazy videos from my recent gameplay at the Italian Grand Prix (career mode)!








_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am
Posts: 509
Location: Stratford
UnlikeUday wrote:
JN23 wrote:
And for those of you who have played career mode - how often do you get interviewed?

I got interviewed after P1 and the race in Australia and am just in qualifying at Bahrain and have yet to be interviewed. Does that sound normal?


You'll get interviewed if You've exceeded the team's expectation either in qualy or race. If You've gotten a lackluster result, she won't care abut You!


Ah makes sense!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 1047
Finally got back on F1 2018, got distracted with some other games lol. So I am currently at Baku circuit. Coming into Baku my first major aero upgrade FAILED!! So I have to wait another race weekend and my chassis upgrade is still in development. But my engine upgrade has arrived and what a great track to test it out. My top speed has increased by a whopping 4mph lol.

In qualifying the target was 13th based on the testing which I beat the time by .200 so I felt good going in. Q1 leclerc and I are identical p12/p13 separated by .050. My first run in Q2 was terrible and left .400 on the table compared to Q1, leclerc improves .200 on his time. I trim (-1) on front aero, slap on fresh rubber and wait late in the session. I join in behind Verstappen who gives me a great tow down the first 2 straights and let’s me by, already at (-.5) faster. Then just past that I catch Hulkenberg who gives me another tow through the entire sector 2 and let’s me by (-1.3) faster. Now I’m in clear air all the way down the main straight give it everything cross the line P7!!! First Q3 appearance. Q3 I wait late in the session once again and only make 1 attempt. Wouldn’t you know I join behind Verstappen once again for the same 2 tows lmao. But that was the only help I got this time ended up P8. Best quali so far and I have aero, chasis & mgu-k upgrades coming for Spain.

Started on the grid 6th as Verstappen got a engine penalty (shocker) & Perez got a gear box penalty. Race was going pretty smooth besides the fact that I had a small train behind me but I was holding my own with some good ers management. Second stint hulkenberg decided to shoot for a gap that didn’t exist and crashed out. Safety car deployed bunching up the field and I now found myself in 5th after some guys pitted. I now had Verstappen breathing down my neck but I was holding him off on the straights with rich mix & full ers deploy up until my gear box started making a weird sound and I lost 2nd gear. Jeff came on the radio telling me they were working on it. Verstappen quickly dispatched me as I was now helpless at low speed corners 3 laps later and -2 positions lost. Jeff tells me it’s working and 2nd gear is back but no sooner then I get 2nd gear, 5th gear takes a dive and Jeff hearing the frustration in my voice tells me still working on it. I now have perez and the leclerc train behind me in p7. With a damaged gear box and shredded tires I continue to fight with them and hold them off finally jeff tells me problem solved but keep shifting to a minimum lol and here is the finale. You can’t make this up lol. (I am the lead Sauber with yellow helmet)


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl7HZNcl4a8

_________________
PF1 pick 10 2016: 7th (1 win, 4 podiums), 2017: 17th (3 podiums)
Awards: Sergio perez trophy & Podium specialist
PF1 pick 3 2015: constructors 2nd, singles 5th
Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 1047
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a great improvement in qualifying time if you wait until the last minutes to go out?? I know the track gets better over the course of quali but the time improvement is quite drastic, Comical even

_________________
PF1 pick 10 2016: 7th (1 win, 4 podiums), 2017: 17th (3 podiums)
Awards: Sergio perez trophy & Podium specialist
PF1 pick 3 2015: constructors 2nd, singles 5th
Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 6205
Location: Michigan, USA
Mayhem wrote:
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a great improvement in qualifying time if you wait until the last minutes to go out?? I know the track gets better over the course of quali but the time improvement is quite drastic, Comical even

I haven't noticed it in particular. How big of an improvement are we talking? I think it should be 3-4 tenths based on track improvement.

I noticed something a bit odd myself in my most recent qualifying session. It was in Canada, a wet-to-dry session. In practice the top cars were running low 1:10s for quali sims, with the estimated pole time being 1:10.2-something. On a drying track - hypersofts, but visibly not completely dry - suddenly everyone is doing 1:09s. I was quite puzzled how a drying track actually has more grip than a fully dry one!

On that note, I've decided that I probably need to turn up my difficulty. I qualified P5 in the end, ahead of both Red Bulls, in my Sauber. Leclerc was back in P13 or something. It's a bit of a mixed bag, since last time out in Monaco I qualified P19 and crashed on lap 2 - but that's because I'm terrible in Monaco, and I know it! :lol:

I also need to work on my wet weather driving. My advantage over Leclerc totally disappears in the wet, and we become evenly matched. Almost every YouTuber I've watched play F1 2018 says the AI is slow in the wet, but clearly what they're not accounting for is that some players are also slow in the wet. x(

_________________
PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 14 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7542
Exediron wrote:
Mayhem wrote:
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a great improvement in qualifying time if you wait until the last minutes to go out?? I know the track gets better over the course of quali but the time improvement is quite drastic, Comical even

I haven't noticed it in particular. How big of an improvement are we talking? I think it should be 3-4 tenths based on track improvement.

I noticed something a bit odd myself in my most recent qualifying session. It was in Canada, a wet-to-dry session. In practice the top cars were running low 1:10s for quali sims, with the estimated pole time being 1:10.2-something. On a drying track - hypersofts, but visibly not completely dry - suddenly everyone is doing 1:09s. I was quite puzzled how a drying track actually has more grip than a fully dry one!

On that note, I've decided that I probably need to turn up my difficulty. I qualified P5 in the end, ahead of both Red Bulls, in my Sauber. Leclerc was back in P13 or something. It's a bit of a mixed bag, since last time out in Monaco I qualified P19 and crashed on lap 2 - but that's because I'm terrible in Monaco, and I know it! :lol:

I also need to work on my wet weather driving. My advantage over Leclerc totally disappears in the wet, and we become evenly matched. Almost every YouTuber I've watched play F1 2018 says the AI is slow in the wet, but clearly what they're not accounting for is that some players are also slow in the wet. x(

I can't speak for this game but one thing I definitely did notice on F1 2017 is that if you're in the garage in qualifying and the AI are out on track on softs they will do soft times regardless of how wet the track is but if you were out on track the conditions did affect the AI like normal.

I always hated wed/dry qualifying sessions for that reason and often crawled around the track for a few laps after setting my time to make sure I was out until the other cars pit for wets.

Could be the same bug carried over to this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 6205
Location: Michigan, USA
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
I can't speak for this game but one thing I definitely did notice on F1 2017 is that if you're in the garage in qualifying and the AI are out on track on softs they will do soft times regardless of how wet the track is but if you were out on track the conditions did affect the AI like normal.

I always hated wed/dry qualifying sessions for that reason and often crawled around the track for a few laps after setting my time to make sure I was out until the other cars pit for wets.

Could be the same bug carried over to this year.

Nah, I was out for it too, and I did a 1:19.5 - almost a full second faster than my Q2 time. It was just weird!

_________________
PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 14 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 6205
Location: Michigan, USA
Okay, my F1 2018 playing friendos - a question, and some impressions from the game after getting 1/3 of the way through a season (I'll have to be stopping for over a week now as I'm traveling, so this seems like a good time to reflect):

Question:

I've decided I need to up my difficulty level after Canada, where I qualified P5 in a Sauber (3rd worst car), lapped my teammate, overtook both Ferraris and finished on the podium. I want to be quick, but that's too quick. When I move to a better team next year, I will presumably be lapping the field.

So my question is, how much is each increment of difficulty? I seem to be on average 1-1.5 seconds per lap faster than Leclerc, throwing out Monaco where I was terrible. How many clicks up is that? I seem to recall from my initial testing that 10 points roughly equals 2 seconds per lap. If that's still true, I suppose I'd want to go up by about 5 clicks? I'd ideally want to set it so that I'm on the same pace as Leclerc with an average performance, faster with a good performance and slower with a poor one.

Impressions:

I've decided to gather a list of quick impressions I've had from playing the game for a while now, including some that I find are interestingly enough completely at odds with what seems to be common knowledge for the game.

1) The handling model is much better than for F1 2017
2) I find that the AI is mildly quicker in qualifying than in the race, but not by a lot. I can be pretty much guaranteed to move forward from my starting position. This may be due to the fact that I'm a poor qualifier, however.
3) The full wet driving is very hard, but I like the inter conditions. As above, I am certainly a poor wet weather driver, so this might color my opinion.
4) Managing ERS modes makes a big difference, much more I feel than managing fuel modes.
5) I still have my very annoying wheel problem...

On the subject of which, I'm starting to wonder if this is a Fanatec - possibly even CSL or McLaren rim - specific issue. I should probably do some looking to see if anyone else has the same problem, but what happens is basically this: at some point during the race (it doesn't happen in practice or qualifying) I will go over a kerb or make a sudden correction. Force Feedback cuts out entirely, leaving the wheel floaty and numb, before returning some time around the next braking zone. After it has happened once, the problem will continue to randomly re-occur throughout the race, usually once per lap in the exact same place as it happened previously. It is only fixed by turning the wheel fully off and back on again.

If anyone can give any advice on the wheel problem, I would really appreciate it! It makes it much harder to enjoy the game, and probably costs me about 2-5 tenths a lap when it's happening, in addition to usually requiring flashbacks to fix when I crash. x(

_________________
PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 14 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7542
What difficulty do you play Exediron? On last year's game I noticed a bit more of a noticeable step up when you get into the next 'band'. So 101 (ultimate) feels faster than 100 (Legend) for me. Again I can't really speak for this game because I've done 2 races in career mode and played around with the classic cars, but if your close to the next band you might want to just get into it and give that a try.

Assuming its completely linear this year, or that you're already in the middle of a band, I found if you felt fairly comfortably superior then 5 clicks would make it a bit more challenging, but it sounds like you're a lot quicker than you want to be so 10 clicks might be better for you to start with.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 6205
Location: Michigan, USA
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
What difficulty do you play Exediron? On last year's game I noticed a bit more of a noticeable step up when you get into the next 'band'. So 101 (ultimate) feels faster than 100 (Legend) for me. Again I can't really speak for this game because I've done 2 races in career mode and played around with the classic cars, but if your close to the next band you might want to just get into it and give that a try.

Assuming its completely linear this year, or that you're already in the middle of a band, I found if you felt fairly comfortably superior then 5 clicks would make it a bit more challenging, but it sounds like you're a lot quicker than you want to be so 10 clicks might be better for you to start with.

I started on 101%, after doing a few quick race tests and finding that somewhere around 100% was where I was comfortable with. I think where I went wrong with that is that I was doing those quick races on a default setup, and while the default setup for F1 2018 feels good, it's still a lot slower than a more perfect setup.

I guess next time I get on the game I'll try upping it to 105% and see what that's like - although the next track is France, so I have no idea if it'll be a good one for me or not. I've never driven even a single lap there!

_________________
PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 14 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7542
Exediron wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
What difficulty do you play Exediron? On last year's game I noticed a bit more of a noticeable step up when you get into the next 'band'. So 101 (ultimate) feels faster than 100 (Legend) for me. Again I can't really speak for this game because I've done 2 races in career mode and played around with the classic cars, but if your close to the next band you might want to just get into it and give that a try.

Assuming its completely linear this year, or that you're already in the middle of a band, I found if you felt fairly comfortably superior then 5 clicks would make it a bit more challenging, but it sounds like you're a lot quicker than you want to be so 10 clicks might be better for you to start with.

I started on 101%, after doing a few quick race tests and finding that somewhere around 100% was where I was comfortable with. I think where I went wrong with that is that I was doing those quick races on a default setup, and while the default setup for F1 2018 feels good, it's still a lot slower than a more perfect setup.

I guess next time I get on the game I'll try upping it to 105% and see what that's like - although the next track is France, so I have no idea if it'll be a good one for me or not. I've never driven even a single lap there!

Yeah I play 105 and feel more or less on par with Vandoorne, maybe a bit faster. I tried 110% on F1 2017 but it was too fast for me, maybe one day if I actually commit some time to the game :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 1047
Exediron wrote:
Mayhem wrote:
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a great improvement in qualifying time if you wait until the last minutes to go out?? I know the track gets better over the course of quali but the time improvement is quite drastic, Comical even

I haven't noticed it in particular. How big of an improvement are we talking? I think it should be 3-4 tenths based on track improvement.


1.5 sec improvement with no setup change what so ever. I wait until there is 4-5min left in the session then select the 2nd set of the softest tires (idk why but it’s faster on the 2nd set) then I go out and do my run. Try it out and see if you notice this

There has always been some weird times on a drying tracks and I have noticed this in 2018 & in previous titles

As for upping your difficulty it sounds like your a bit too fast lol. What I did was set a difficulty where leclerc and I qualify close to each other. What I suggest is you find your setup and do a quali session. See what time leclerc sets and increase difficulty until leclerc surpasses you just slightly....

I do find the AI is faster in quali then in race trim. For the race I up the difficulty 4 clicks and then return it back to normal after the race. If you feel it’s too high you can quit to main menu and change the settings when you are loading into the race again.

_________________
PF1 pick 10 2016: 7th (1 win, 4 podiums), 2017: 17th (3 podiums)
Awards: Sergio perez trophy & Podium specialist
PF1 pick 3 2015: constructors 2nd, singles 5th
Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6948
Location: Mumbai, India
Guys, don't forget to try the event!

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7542
Just had a very strange Chinese GP. All throughout practice the car felt nice and planted in the high speed corners, I had problems with the back end stepping out at T1 on 2017 so I was using a fairly low ballast (7) and it seemed to be doing the trick.

Flew through my practice programmes and skipped P3 as I already had the resource points, qualifying programme predicted a P9 position and it wasn't the best lap so I was pretty confident. Came to qualifying and the car was awful, back end stepping out in T1 and the fast left/right in the middle sector. Only managed to qualify 16th.

Got a good start and got into P12 ahead of my teammate Vandoorne, felt good to start with but then there was a safety car and I simply couldn't keep temperature in my tyres behind it so when we got going again it was like driving on ice but the AI were up to speed immediately. Luckily I was pretty good through the corner leading onto the back straight and the last turn so the AI didn't get much opportunity to overtake while I got my tyres back up to temperature.

Towards the end of the stint the softs felt awful and I was struggling not to spin in the high speed corners again, pit and put on the mediums and the car was well balanced again all the way to the finish, ended up P10. Very weird race weekend with the car feeling completely different qualifying onwards.

Has anyone else had issues with keeping tyre temps behind the safety car?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6948
Location: Mumbai, India
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Just had a very strange Chinese GP. All throughout practice the car felt nice and planted in the high speed corners, I had problems with the back end stepping out at T1 on 2017 so I was using a fairly low ballast (7) and it seemed to be doing the trick.

Flew through my practice programmes and skipped P3 as I already had the resource points, qualifying programme predicted a P9 position and it wasn't the best lap so I was pretty confident. Came to qualifying and the car was awful, back end stepping out in T1 and the fast left/right in the middle sector. Only managed to qualify 16th.

Got a good start and got into P12 ahead of my teammate Vandoorne, felt good to start with but then there was a safety car and I simply couldn't keep temperature in my tyres behind it so when we got going again it was like driving on ice but the AI were up to speed immediately. Luckily I was pretty good through the corner leading onto the back straight and the last turn so the AI didn't get much opportunity to overtake while I got my tyres back up to temperature.

Towards the end of the stint the softs felt awful and I was struggling not to spin in the high speed corners again, pit and put on the mediums and the car was well balanced again all the way to the finish, ended up P10. Very weird race weekend with the car feeling completely different qualifying onwards.

Has anyone else had issues with keeping tyre temps behind the safety car?


For starters, have excluded safety car from my career game as F1 2017 safety car bug got me crazy.

As for tyre temp issues You faced, this year's game has had a lot of impetus on tyre temps & performance. It should be in everyone's skill set now to look after their tyres & keep the temp of the tyres in the right window. I too struggle with tyres though. In F1 2017, tyres were always planted but in 2018 version, tyres start to wear sooner if not taken care of. Be weary of street circuits.

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am
Posts: 509
Location: Stratford
UnlikeUday wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Just had a very strange Chinese GP. All throughout practice the car felt nice and planted in the high speed corners, I had problems with the back end stepping out at T1 on 2017 so I was using a fairly low ballast (7) and it seemed to be doing the trick.

Flew through my practice programmes and skipped P3 as I already had the resource points, qualifying programme predicted a P9 position and it wasn't the best lap so I was pretty confident. Came to qualifying and the car was awful, back end stepping out in T1 and the fast left/right in the middle sector. Only managed to qualify 16th.

Got a good start and got into P12 ahead of my teammate Vandoorne, felt good to start with but then there was a safety car and I simply couldn't keep temperature in my tyres behind it so when we got going again it was like driving on ice but the AI were up to speed immediately. Luckily I was pretty good through the corner leading onto the back straight and the last turn so the AI didn't get much opportunity to overtake while I got my tyres back up to temperature.

Towards the end of the stint the softs felt awful and I was struggling not to spin in the high speed corners again, pit and put on the mediums and the car was well balanced again all the way to the finish, ended up P10. Very weird race weekend with the car feeling completely different qualifying onwards.

Has anyone else had issues with keeping tyre temps behind the safety car?


For starters, have excluded safety car from my career game as F1 2017 safety car bug got me crazy.

As for tyre temp issues You faced, this year's game has had a lot of impetus on tyre temps & performance. It should be in everyone's skill set now to look after their tyres & keep the temp of the tyres in the right window. I too struggle with tyres though. In F1 2017, tyres were always planted but in 2018 version, tyres start to wear sooner if not taken care of. Be weary of street circuits.


What was the F1 2017 safety car bug Uday? I can't recall it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6948
Location: Mumbai, India
JN23 wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Just had a very strange Chinese GP. All throughout practice the car felt nice and planted in the high speed corners, I had problems with the back end stepping out at T1 on 2017 so I was using a fairly low ballast (7) and it seemed to be doing the trick.

Flew through my practice programmes and skipped P3 as I already had the resource points, qualifying programme predicted a P9 position and it wasn't the best lap so I was pretty confident. Came to qualifying and the car was awful, back end stepping out in T1 and the fast left/right in the middle sector. Only managed to qualify 16th.

Got a good start and got into P12 ahead of my teammate Vandoorne, felt good to start with but then there was a safety car and I simply couldn't keep temperature in my tyres behind it so when we got going again it was like driving on ice but the AI were up to speed immediately. Luckily I was pretty good through the corner leading onto the back straight and the last turn so the AI didn't get much opportunity to overtake while I got my tyres back up to temperature.

Towards the end of the stint the softs felt awful and I was struggling not to spin in the high speed corners again, pit and put on the mediums and the car was well balanced again all the way to the finish, ended up P10. Very weird race weekend with the car feeling completely different qualifying onwards.

Has anyone else had issues with keeping tyre temps behind the safety car?


For starters, have excluded safety car from my career game as F1 2017 safety car bug got me crazy.

As for tyre temp issues You faced, this year's game has had a lot of impetus on tyre temps & performance. It should be in everyone's skill set now to look after their tyres & keep the temp of the tyres in the right window. I too struggle with tyres though. In F1 2017, tyres were always planted but in 2018 version, tyres start to wear sooner if not taken care of. Be weary of street circuits.


What was the F1 2017 safety car bug Uday? I can't recall it.


When behind the safety car, the AI behind You would overtake You & if You would try to reclaim the position, You would get a warning to give the position back if not done so in 15 seconds! Te scenario was same under VSC. The AI would gain time or make time on You. They also were known to overtake You & You couldn't do the same.

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7542
Oh man Baku was rough. The signs were there from pretty early on, I was watching Limitless' hotlap/setup video and thinking 'man the braking distances he's saying are way too early', then I realised he's in a Mercedes not a McLaren so he arrives around 10mph quicker at the corners. :lol:

Car felt good and I was competative in the middle sector, was around half a second per lap quicker than Vandoorne but we finished last and second to last, easily the slowest cars on track due to losing too much time on the straights. I got the full Alonso experience I guess.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6948
Location: Mumbai, India
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Oh man Baku was rough. The signs were there from pretty early on, I was watching Limitless' hotlap/setup video and thinking 'man the braking distances he's saying are way too early', then I realised he's in a Mercedes not a McLaren so he arrives around 10mph quicker at the corners. :lol:

Car felt good and I was competative in the middle sector, was around half a second per lap quicker than Vandoorne but we finished last and second to last, easily the slowest cars on track due to losing too much time on the straights. I got the full Alonso experience I guess.


Waiting for Your experience racing around Paul Ricard.

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 1047
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Oh man Baku was rough. The signs were there from pretty early on, I was watching Limitless' hotlap/setup video and thinking 'man the braking distances he's saying are way too early', then I realised he's in a Mercedes not a McLaren so he arrives around 10mph quicker at the corners. :lol:

Car felt good and I was competative in the middle sector, was around half a second per lap quicker than Vandoorne but we finished last and second to last, easily the slowest cars on track due to losing too much time on the straights. I got the full Alonso experience I guess.


Just don’t announce a retirement :lol:

_________________
PF1 pick 10 2016: 7th (1 win, 4 podiums), 2017: 17th (3 podiums)
Awards: Sergio perez trophy & Podium specialist
PF1 pick 3 2015: constructors 2nd, singles 5th
Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 1047
Well my upgrades arrived for Spain but the thrill was short lived as my gearbox issues continued. My gearbox decided it wasn’t going to shift anymore with 15 laps left. I was stuck in 7th gear, took 5 laps to get any shifting back and by then I wasn’t even trying any more. Just parading around the track waiting for it to blow up but with 4 laps left it gave me a few gears to finish this painful race in and I still finished ahead of both Williams :]. I did not want to take a new gear box before Monaco but I have no choice at this point with it at 94% wear,

Going with a new gear box for Monaco and new power unit for Canada.

_________________
PF1 pick 10 2016: 7th (1 win, 4 podiums), 2017: 17th (3 podiums)
Awards: Sergio perez trophy & Podium specialist
PF1 pick 3 2015: constructors 2nd, singles 5th
Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 1047
Overtake challenge in the 1995 ferrari



https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O3iPaPe-6Yc

_________________
PF1 pick 10 2016: 7th (1 win, 4 podiums), 2017: 17th (3 podiums)
Awards: Sergio perez trophy & Podium specialist
PF1 pick 3 2015: constructors 2nd, singles 5th
Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7542

Last 2 laps from my event run. Made a couple of small mistakes which gave Vettel a good run on me and led to a nice little battle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6948
Location: Mumbai, India
@Mayhem - Replied to You on PS4 but don't know if You received the message.

As for Your query regarding the glitch, it's a well known glitch where certain AI cars go below the 1 minute mark at Monaco! Luckily, the glitch You faced & that I'm being facing is only existent in Practice sessions!

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6948
Location: Mumbai, India
After installation of 1.10 patch my practice sessions since Brazil are going haywire. 1 AI will post an incredibly fast time in a certain sector which would only be possible if a corner would be cut. 1 of the screenshots included below shows Ericsson (my team mate) posted close to the fastest time on the slowest tyre.

Image
Source - www.imgur.com

Image
Source - www.imgur.com

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 1047
UnlikeUday wrote:
@Mayhem - Replied to You on PS4 but don't know if You received the message.

As for Your query regarding the glitch, it's a well known glitch where certain AI cars go below the 1 minute mark at Monaco! Luckily, the glitch You faced & that I'm being facing is only existent in Practice sessions!


I did get ur msg on PS4 thanks..... for those who don’t know about it, the AI posts sub 1min times in Monaco which in turn will make your race pace & quali objectives be at a much faster time since the AI time does set the tone of where you should be.


As for my race in Monaco it was a recovery drive as I took 5 place Grid penalty for changing my gear box 1 race early. I was going to tough it out and just keep that gear box but driving around Monaco is bad enough with a good car and would have been a nightmare with a broken one. I went with a new power unit for Canada and the good times are HERE AGAIN...

_________________
PF1 pick 10 2016: 7th (1 win, 4 podiums), 2017: 17th (3 podiums)
Awards: Sergio perez trophy & Podium specialist
PF1 pick 3 2015: constructors 2nd, singles 5th
Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am
Posts: 509
Location: Stratford
I noticed that in Hungary @Uday - Hamilton was 2 second quicker than anyone in S1 but lost all the time in S2 so it evened out. I really do enjoy these games but there are glitches every year, I guess they just can't be avoided.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am
Posts: 509
Location: Stratford
Mayhem wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
@Mayhem - Replied to You on PS4 but don't know if You received the message.

As for Your query regarding the glitch, it's a well known glitch where certain AI cars go below the 1 minute mark at Monaco! Luckily, the glitch You faced & that I'm being facing is only existent in Practice sessions!


I did get ur msg on PS4 thanks..... for those who don’t know about it, the AI posts sub 1min times in Monaco which in turn will make your race pace & quali objectives be at a much faster time since the AI time does set the tone of where you should be.


As for my race in Monaco it was a recovery drive as I took 5 place Grid penalty for changing my gear box 1 race early. I was going to tough it out and just keep that gear box but driving around Monaco is bad enough with a good car and would have been a nightmare with a broken one. I went with a new power unit for Canada and the good times are HERE AGAIN...


I hate Monaco :thumbdown: I can barely turn my car enough to get around the hairpin without hitting the wall, not sure if it's because I use a controller.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group