planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:24 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules





Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:44 pm
Posts: 1014
Verstappen
Bottas
Hamilton

_________________
Pick 10 Competition:
2013 - 10th
2014 - 9th
2015 - 6th


Pick 10 Podiums:
1st Place: USA 2012, Japan 2013, USA 2015
2nd Place: Bahrain 2015, Barcelona 2015
3rd Place: China 2014


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 2651
Location: England
Bottas
Hamilton
Verstappen

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2018: {Rookie Year}
Final positon: 1st | 3 Podiums | 2 Wins
2018 Pick 10 Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:35 pm
Posts: 320
Location: Toronto, Canada
Last one:
1. BOT
2. HAM
3. VER

_________________
Proudly supporting Force India first, Lewis Hamilton second.


Last edited by TheDamus on Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7548
Abu Dhabi
1. Bottas
2. Verstappen
3. Hamilton


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:04 am
Posts: 306
Abu Dhabi

Lewis
Valtteri
Max


_________________
- Mod Team


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:02 am
Posts: 1469
Location: Far side of Koozebane
Lucky last:

1. Bottas
2. Hamilton
3. Verstappen

_________________
Question: If a compulsive liar tells you they're a compulsive liar, are they really a compulsive liar?

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:13 am
Posts: 22
Bottas
Hamilton
Vettel


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:05 pm
Posts: 606
Not before the cut-off, obviously, but I assume I should post the predictions that have been sent to me before qualy?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 6224
Location: Michigan, USA
CarlPotter wrote:
Not before the cut-off, obviously, but I assume I should post the predictions that have been sent to me before qualy?

You can go ahead and post them any time after the deadline, so from the official start of FP3 on. Do you have predictions from all six of the contenders yet?

_________________
PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 14 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:59 am
Posts: 373
Abu Dhabi

1. Hamilton
2. Verstappen
3. Vettel

_________________
One & only - 'Iceman' Kimi Räikkönen

Pick 10|'18: /'17: P8{3P}/'16: P12{2P}/'14: P24{2P}
Top 3|'18: /'17: P4{8W},Team: P3 /'16: P8{1W},Team: P2
Group Pick'em|'17: P6{4P}/'16: P6{5P}
F1 Oracle|'18: /'17: P3{3W}/'16: P2{4W}


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:05 pm
Posts: 606
Exediron wrote:
CarlPotter wrote:
Not before the cut-off, obviously, but I assume I should post the predictions that have been sent to me before qualy?

You can go ahead and post them any time after the deadline, so from the official start of FP3 on. Do you have predictions from all six of the contenders yet?


Only 4...

I'll post them shortly


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:05 pm
Posts: 606
4 predictions were sent to me... and they're all different!

Jenson's Understeer:
Bottas
Verstappen
Hamilton

Remmirath:
Bottas
Hamilton
Raikkonen

Exeridon:
Hamilton
Verstappen
Bottas

cm97:
Bottas
Hamilton
Verstappen

Good luck to all!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 6224
Location: Michigan, USA
With the final predictions revealed, here is your follow-along guide for what needs to happen for each contender to take the championship. Armed with this, you'll know exactly what the implications of any given move or failure might be! We're not the Pick 10 Competition over here - we like to let everyone know just how long of a shot they are.

INDIVIDUAL CHAMPIONSHIP SCENARIOS

It's still possible for five of the six contenders to win by claiming a Perfect Podium. The only exception is robins13, who unfortunately cannot become a two-time champion - if robins13 claims a Perfect Podium, cm97 will still score a single point and win by that one point.

IF HAMILTON WINS
A Hamilton win is needed for either of the outsiders to take the championship: both of them predicted #44 to take victory, while none of the top three did. In case of a Hamilton win, it's hugely important to see who rounds out the podium:

* If Verstappen isn't on the podium then it's over for either of them. They each need Verstappen somewhere on the podium to give them that necessary Perfect Podium.
* If Verstappen is third then it comes down to the driver in second. If it's Bottas, Mod Titanium will win the title after leading for the majority of the year.
* If Verstappen is second then the ball is in Exediron's court, and he needs Max to be splitting the Mercs for a title victory.

IF BOTTAS WINS
A Bottas win means that the fight will be settled between the current leading three, all of whom predicted the wingman to finally emerge from Hamilton's shadow - or, more cynically, they predicted Mercedes to swap the two for a PR stunt. Either way, here are the permutations.

* If Hamilton is second Jenson's Understeer is out, and the battle is between only Remmirath and cm97. In such a scenario, cm97 will win by default unless Remmirath completes the Perfect Podium with Raikkonen in third.
* If Verstappen is second Jenson's Understeer is champion.
* If neither Hamilton or Verstappen is second Remmirath is out, but Jenson's Understeer can still win if Hamilton finishes third by having more Perfect Podiums than cm97.

IF ANYONE ELSE WINS
If a non-Mercedes driver wins, it will in all likelihood come down to the second-placed driver.

* If Hamilton is second cm97 will become champion.
* If Verstappen is second Jenson's Understeer will become champion.
* If neither Hamilton or Verstappen is second Jenson's Understeer can still win if Hamilton is third.

If that was all a bit confusing, here's what each individual needs to take the title in Abu Dhabi!

cm97 - If the cars finish in the order they qualified, cm97 wins the championship in very anticlimactic fashion.
Jenson's Understeer - The best hope for Jenson's Understeer is for Verstappen to get into second somehow, which would be enough if Hamilton still wins - unless Bottas finishes third, in which case Exediron would win instead.
Remmirath - Realistically, Remmirath needs Mercedes to swap their drivers and Raikkonen to pass Vettel.
Exediron - All Exediron needs is for Max to somehow make his way up to second and split the Mercedes cars. Considering qualifying, this is probably the longest shot here.
Mod Titanium - If the Mercedes finish in the order they start, Mod Titanium becomes champion if Max makes his way up to third. I would give this one the highest chance outside of cm97.

Good luck, everyone, and may the luckiest competitor win!

_________________
PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 14 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:45 am
Posts: 717
Location: Australia
Exediron wrote:
With the final predictions revealed, here is your follow-along guide for what needs to happen for each contender to take the championship. Armed with this, you'll know exactly what the implications of any given move or failure might be! We're not the Pick 10 Competition over here - we like to let everyone know just how long of a shot they are.

INDIVIDUAL CHAMPIONSHIP SCENARIOS

It's still possible for five of the six contenders to win by claiming a Perfect Podium. The only exception is robins13, who unfortunately cannot become a two-time champion - if robins13 claims a Perfect Podium, cm97 will still score a single point and win by that one point.

IF HAMILTON WINS
A Hamilton win is needed for either of the outsiders to take the championship: both of them predicted #44 to take victory, while none of the top three did. In case of a Hamilton win, it's hugely important to see who rounds out the podium:

* If Verstappen isn't on the podium then it's over for either of them. They each need Verstappen somewhere on the podium to give them that necessary Perfect Podium.
* If Verstappen is third then it comes down to the driver in second. If it's Bottas, Mod Titanium will win the title after leading for the majority of the year.
* If Verstappen is second then the ball is in Exediron's court, and he needs Max to be splitting the Mercs for a title victory.

IF BOTTAS WINS
A Bottas win means that the fight will be settled between the current leading three, all of whom predicted the wingman to finally emerge from Hamilton's shadow - or, more cynically, they predicted Mercedes to swap the two for a PR stunt. Either way, here are the permutations.

* If Hamilton is second Jenson's Understeer is out, and the battle is between only Remmirath and cm97. In such a scenario, cm97 will win by default unless Remmirath completes the Perfect Podium with Raikkonen in third.
* If Verstappen is second Jenson's Understeer is champion.
* If neither Hamilton or Verstappen is second Remmirath is out, but Jenson's Understeer can still win if Hamilton finishes third by having more Perfect Podiums than cm97.

IF ANYONE ELSE WINS
If a non-Mercedes driver wins, it will in all likelihood come down to the second-placed driver.

* If Hamilton is second cm97 will become champion.
* If Verstappen is second Jenson's Understeer will become champion.
* If neither Hamilton or Verstappen is second Jenson's Understeer can still win if Hamilton is third.

If that was all a bit confusing, here's what each individual needs to take the title in Abu Dhabi!

cm97 - If the cars finish in the order they qualified, cm97 wins the championship in very anticlimactic fashion.
Jenson's Understeer - The best hope for Jenson's Understeer is for Verstappen to get into second somehow, which would be enough if Hamilton still wins - unless Bottas finishes third, in which case Exediron would win instead.
Remmirath - Realistically, Remmirath needs Mercedes to swap their drivers and Raikkonen to pass Vettel.
Exediron - All Exediron needs is for Max to somehow make his way up to second and split the Mercedes cars. Considering qualifying, this is probably the longest shot here.
Mod Titanium - If the Mercedes finish in the order they start, Mod Titanium becomes champion if Max makes his way up to third. I would give this one the highest chance outside of cm97.

Good luck, everyone, and may the luckiest competitor win!


This gives me a headache just reading it. Not sure how you figured it all out!

Good luck everyone.

_________________
#Keep Fighting Michael


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 6224
Location: Michigan, USA

Thank you for all the memories, Fernando


Image

ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX RESULTS

And that does it for CarlPotter's Top Three Championship of 2018! Victory for Lewis Hamilton in Abu Dhabi, combined with Sebastian Vettel in second place and Max Verstappen in third, was enough to secure a season-ending Pefect Podium for robins13. But it was only heartbreakingly close in the end for the 2016 champion, as even that result was not enough to stop cm97 - by taking a single point for Verstappen in third, cm97 holds on and becomes the individual champion of 2018.

In the team championship, it's No Limit Excedrin Racing taking a historic second team championship. Both Exediron and Jenson's Understeer also become the first two competitors to have won the team championship twice, and Jenson's Understeer is the first to win with two different teams.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Place - 14 points
robins13

Second Place - 6 points
Mod Titanium

Third Place - 5 points
Icemanjee1, Exediron

The Rest
Mod Blue, Bentrovato - 3 points
P-F1 Mod, TheDamus, cm97, Jezza13, Flash2k11, Herb - 1 point
Lotus49, Espo, Remmirath, Black_Flag_11, Jenson's Understeer, Mayhem, CarlPotter, coulthards chin - 0 points

Did Not Start
Mod Onyx, TypingChicane

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Individual Standings - 2018

Image

Team Standings - 2018

Image

Congratulations to cm97 and No Limit Excedrin Racing - world champions of 2018! :thumbup:

_________________
PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 14 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 6224
Location: Michigan, USA
CarlPotter's Top Three Championship: Hall of Fame

Individual Champions
2018: cm97
2017: TypingChicane
2016: robins13
2015: GPG
2014: GPG
2013: CarlPotter

Team Champions
2018: No Limit Excedrin Racing (Exediron & Jenson's Understeer)
2017: Jalopy Racing (Herb & Jezza13)
2016: Mind Your Manors (Black_Flag_11 & Fountoukos13)
2015: No Limit Excedrin Racing (Exediron & GPG)
2014: Force Indian Takeaway (coulthards chin & Jenson's Understeer)

Image
http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/3704397

_________________
PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 14 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:47 pm
Posts: 3106
Great to have wrapped up a second team's title, and the first with two different teams. Thanks to Exediron for being such a competitive teammate, and of course for actually taking the time to run this always enjoyable contest :thumbup: I guess all that's left to do is go become the first team to defend the title, right?!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go spend the winter cursing myself for sending CarlPotter a revised prediction and not just sticking with my original one: Hamilton - Vettel - Raikkonen :lol: :blush:

_________________
Pick 10 | 1st x3, 2nd x3, 3rd x7
2018: 5th | 2017: 6th | 2016: 8th | 2015: 2nd | 2014: 15th | 2013: 17th | 2012: 11th


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 6224
Location: Michigan, USA
Jenson's Understeer wrote:
Great to have wrapped up a second team's title, and the first with two different teams. Thanks to Exediron for being such a competitive teammate, and of course for actually taking the time to run this always enjoyable contest :thumbup: I guess all that's left to do is go become the first team to defend the title, right?!

That's the plan! Thanks for being a good teammate, and not dropping out halfway through the season like my last two did. :o

Jenson's Understeer wrote:
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go spend the winter cursing myself for sending CarlPotter a revised prediction and not just sticking with my original one: Hamilton - Vettel - Raikkonen :lol: :blush:

x(

_________________
PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 14 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 2651
Location: England
Winner of Pick 10, last of the full season entries in this.

What a double :lol:

Just goes to show which game rewards accuracy more over being generally consistent.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2018: {Rookie Year}
Final positon: 1st | 3 Podiums | 2 Wins
2018 Pick 10 Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:13 am
Posts: 22
Congrats cm97 and thanks exediron for putting in the work with the point and breakdowns. This was pretty cool to take part in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:45 am
Posts: 627
Location: Michigan, USA
Congrats to cm97, and to Exediron and Jenson's Understeer for the team championship! :thumbup:

_________________
Image
Pick 10: 1 win, 8 podiums | 2016: 22nd | 2017: 21st | 2018: 3rd |
[size=85]Top Three: 9 wins, 26 podiums | 2016: 9th [6th] | 2017: 16th [6th] | 2018: 4th [4th] |


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:02 am
Posts: 1469
Location: Far side of Koozebane
Well, from the outgoing constructors champions, congratulations to CM97 & No Limit Excedrin Racing for your fine and most deserved victories.

Doff of the cap to Exed for running a very tight & professional comp this year. Thanks Exed.

Roll on season 2019.

_________________
Question: If a compulsive liar tells you they're a compulsive liar, are they really a compulsive liar?

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group