planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:40 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: GT Sport
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:32 pm 

Has anyone had a chance to play the beta test yet? If so would be curious to hear peoples thoughts!
Obviously the top times appear to have been set by mutants who have the reactions of actual Jesus, but it's still been pretty fun so far..

Post subject: Re: GT Sport
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:38 am 

Sevenfest wrote:
Has anyone had a chance to play the beta test yet? If so would be curious to hear peoples thoughts!
Obviously the top times appear to have been set by mutants who have the reactions of actual Jesus, but it's still been pretty fun so far..

Is it available? I'd love to try this out in 4k.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:35 pm 

MistaVega23 wrote:
Sevenfest wrote:

Is it available? I'd love to try this out in 4k.

It's currently a closed beta but I think they'll be opening things up at some point soon to push the servers. I managed to get a code through work

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:20 pm 

Everything I know about it comes from my son telling me about what he's read because I haven't been following the developments so large grains of salt here.

My understanding is that it's going to be heavily geared toward online game play. There won't be a true campaign mode and really the only offline game play will be an arcade mode without tire wear, fuel consumption, etc. and the license tests.

Doesn't sound appealing to me at all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:12 pm 

Anyone get a chance to play the demo of this last week?

Looks and sounds impressive but I think the lack of GT mode is really going to hurt this game.

I keep hearing it's not a full GT game (i.e. GT7) but for the price I would want a bit more than some driving school challenges and online lobbies.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:07 pm 

I downloaded it and played it last week. I go back a long way with GT. Got the first one in 1997 and have had all of them since. Basically I was expecting not to like it, what with the emphasis on online play and no old-fashioned single player car collector mode.

I must say that I was absolutely stunned by how great it was! The game has unbelievable presentation quality and graphics. It's the first game to make me really appreciate the fact that I plunged for the 4k HDR TV and PS4 Pro. Looks absolutely brilliant and it has vastly updated and improved physics and handling. It's a solid racing simulation now though not as hard-core as iRacing or rFactor. I think it' strikes a good balance between realism and approachability. Turn off the assists and you will have your hands full.

As for the racing; there is much more of a focus on online racing. I thought I would hate this as I am generally not into online multiplayer (I dabble in it but prefer to play single player 90% of the time). For this game it just really works. They have created an ecosystem in which etiquette counts for something. If you barge into players, you will be routed into races with other dangerous drivers. The game runs VERY smoothly online and I was able to really enjoy the races. Of course racing against other people is always more of a challenge than simply racing AI. It's usually the idiots that crash into you at the first corner as well as the lag and other performance issues that turns me off to online play but I had none of those issues at all. It was a great experience.

The single player content includes driving tests, challenges and perhaps the best tool I've ever seen in a racing game for learning the tracks. It basically takes you through a track sector by sector; allowing you to perfect each sector before putting the whole lap together.

The game isn't perfect and I do think that they will need to add more single player content in the future (just the ability to pick a car and race in a championship in your class single player would be enough). That being said, I am 100% buying the full game. Most fun I've had playing a racing game in a while!