planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:15 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: F1 2017
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7022
Just got back into my career mode the other week actually. I had chosen Sauber and had a couple of races left from when I last played. Signed with Renault for my second season and I've had a 5th place and a 7th place with them so far.

I may up the difficulty as I have no real problem beating Hulkenberg but I'll probably give it a few more races. The F1 season coming back made me catch the bug.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2017
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 5917
Location: Mumbai, India
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Just got back into my career mode the other week actually. I had chosen Sauber and had a couple of races left from when I last played. Signed with Renault for my second season and I've had a 5th place and a 7th place with them so far.

I may up the difficulty as I have no real problem beating Hulkenberg but I'll probably give it a few more races. The F1 season coming back made me catch the bug.


Cool. I'm only at Russia in my 1st season. I suggest do try the Event where You would be in Stroll's car & have to atleast finish 2nd.

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2017
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7022
UnlikeUday wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Just got back into my career mode the other week actually. I had chosen Sauber and had a couple of races left from when I last played. Signed with Renault for my second season and I've had a 5th place and a 7th place with them so far.

I may up the difficulty as I have no real problem beating Hulkenberg but I'll probably give it a few more races. The F1 season coming back made me catch the bug.


Cool. I'm only at Russia in my 1st season. I suggest do try the Event where You would be in Stroll's car & have to atleast finish 2nd.

Didn't realise there was a new event tbh! Got 268th (Xbox). A full 20 seconds off the top guys and with AI at 100 while they have it set to 110, these events are always a humbling experience :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2017
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 4:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 5917
Location: Mumbai, India
I was having a 25% race in Russia in career mode. Around 2/3rds of the race, there's a safety car. Since I was in the Sauber suffering from ICE issue, I had lost some power & was able to catch up to the queue. The SC sign was constantly visible on the screen. If I late braked the car ahead of me & if I got close to being ahead of the car, the instruction would pop up where I should hand over the position back to the driver. The frustrating thing is that the 2 or 3 cars behind me overtook me with the SC sign still visible. How come they were allowed to overtake me with the SC on the grid whereas I got warning to give the position back?

Is this a bug in the game?

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2017
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 5262
Location: Michigan, USA
Not 100% on topic, but does anyone have experience dealing with Fanatec's repair services? My ClubSport V2 base suffered a catastrophic failure today (smoke pouring from the back and everything!) and I'm wondering if I have a chance at having it repaired instead of just buying a new one. It's well outside warranty.

Now I need to go get some fresh air - this electrical smoke is making me lightheaded! x(

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (3 wins, 12 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2017
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:09 am
Posts: 2655
Location: Perth, Australia
Picked the game up second hand for PS4 a few months back, I might have tried to play it three times since. I just find the handling on controller too poor. I'm generally quite competitive on racing games and sims, so this has frustrated me. I often find it to be a little bit too sensitive, but I checked the controller settings the other night and there doesn't seem any way to turn it down. Any ideas?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2017
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 5262
Location: Michigan, USA
Toby. wrote:
Picked the game up second hand for PS4 a few months back, I might have tried to play it three times since. I just find the handling on controller too poor. I'm generally quite competitive on racing games and sims, so this has frustrated me. I often find it to be a little bit too sensitive, but I checked the controller settings the other night and there doesn't seem any way to turn it down. Any ideas?

I don't use a controller, so not directly...

You could try looking at the channels of some of the really quick F1 2017 league racers who use a controller (older stuff from Limitless, maybe TRL_Martin, some others) and try to see what they do.

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (3 wins, 12 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2017
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 4539
Just got it and as a controller user it's a little different. Much easier in the wet which is a little disappointing but a little harder in the dry.

In 2016 I used to brake then come off both them and the throttle and carry whatever speed I was still carrying through the corner but in '17 the big rear tyres don't like it apparently and I just slide all over the place. I can take Pouhon faster in 2016 than I can in 2017 even with the bigger tyres and more d/f so I've got some work to do to tweak my cornering style.

But it's great though and the classic cars are amazing. Just need some classic tracks now.

_________________
"Clark came through at the end of the first lap so far ahead that we in the pits were convinced that the rest of the field must have been wiped out in an accident."
-Eddie Dennis, describing the dominance of Jim Clark in the Lotus 49 at Spa 1967


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group