planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: Forum Technical Status
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:03 pm 

I've chosen to restart the Technical Status Annoucement so that we have a central place that we can update with our current technical status.

I'm going to split this up a little so we can hopefully provide you with a better explanation of what is going on.

Current issues as of 12th November 2014:

> Some people have reported issues with some ads causing the forum to not render properly.

> Possible issue with viewing on iOS devices

> We did have an issue earlier this week when users (including mods!) had issues accessing the forum - From looking at it, one of the cache servers that the forum uses seemed to have been throwing a fit. We currently are awaiting responses from the tech team in regards to this issue.

> We are still looking into an issue where emails do not seem to get delivered all the time to certain mail providers, we have had issues with emails going to hotmail accounts.

There will be a reply below this where we will put resolved issues.

We will aim to update this as we have more information, but if you experience issues such as the above or any new technical issue, please flag them in the Feedback forum in the F1 forum area.

Many thanks,

Mod Silver and the PF1 Mod Team

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:04 pm 

Here is a list of the last few resolved technical issues, which we will update as items are resolved:

Resolved issues as of the 12th November 2014:

> Search/View post lists (unanswered, active, unread, new, your) - The search feature has now been fixed, and all areas that rely on the search feature are now working
> Avatars - You should now be able to upload an avatar to your account via the User Control Panel.
> Cache Server issues as above - I'm marking this in this section also as the forum has stabilized currently, but we are still waiting for more information from the techies.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:18 pm 

This won't affect most of you but we have requested the ability to reinstate IP bans. Once that feature is back we WILL be using IP addresses to weed out those with duplicate accounts.

If anyone wishes to have a second account deleted to avoid falling foul of our improved tests PM one of us and we will delete it. Don't tell us it's a duplicate, make up any excuse you like, and we can turn a blind eye. Believe it or not we don't actually enjoy banning people [most of the time].

As for other tech problems, I threw a tantrum at poor Michelle so she'll pass on the message - hopefully with the flying toys and all.

Yes, we have a swear filter now. No, it doesn't change coffin to 'place of rest'.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.