It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: NFL thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:55 pm 

So.. Who's looking forward to a Brady vs Brees Superbowl? :D

Post subject: Re: NFL thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:37 pm 

medgar wrote:
Yeah Saints are legit. The defense is actually pretty good. Seahawks will be in there one way or another, only a game back from Rams but have already beaten them away and have an easier schedule. Think they go 11-5 at least from here.

The win this week over the Redskins was really big. Score 15 unanswered at the end of the game to force OT then pull out the victory there. Brees effectively played the 2 minute(ish) drill twice at the end and looked pretty spectacular doing so. He seemed like he hit everyone bang on, easily. Great QB/Coach both with playoff experience, strong run game, D still looks good on the whole. This was a great game to watch too, I thought.

THANKSGIVING DAY. While much less of a deal for me than our American friends (best wishes to anyone celebrating it), I'm excited to see 2 games this week before bed time. And one is the Vikes game which looks like it could well be the game that decides the division. I just hope like hell that it's on gamepass rather than Sky blackout, though I think that's only for Sunday 6pm and 9/9.30pm games. Chargers @ Cowboys slightly less exciting of an affair. Giants @ Redskins as the late game is much less enticing this season than most. I do think the NFC East divisonal matchups tend to be the best divisional matches in recent years, not sure if that's a common thought or not.

Herb wrote:
So.. Who's looking forward to a Brady vs Brees Superbowl? :D

You mean a Brady vs Keenum Superbowl?

It'll be Patriots I have to think but Saints, Eagles, Seahawks (not even leading their division, lost on MNF and have lost stars in their secondary but I can't write them off) would be my guess now, with Rams and Vikes looking playoff bound but I don't think they can pull it off.