planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:52 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Post subject: Re: Awesomeness
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:01 pm 

mac_d wrote:
minchy wrote:
My 5 year old girl was dancing around to a Beatles cd this morning (yes, I still use cds!) and came out with this comment:

'why does say he say all you need is love? You don't need love, you need blood or you'll die.'

kids really do say the best things ever at times :nod:

Slightly less poetic but I cannot fault your daughters logic!

My nephew is 4 and he sometimes drops an absolute bomb like this where it isn't the answer you expect but it's correct in a way and damned entertaining.

the other day at bedtime she very calmly asked me if dirt and s**t were the same thing 8O

I had to explain that the latter was a very naughty word and she shouldn't say it and that she would get in a lot of trouble at school if she did. I asked where she heard it and it wasn't from me (thankfully) but one of her friends at school. She did look very upset with herself and promised she wouldn't say it again, bless her :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:09 am 

minchy wrote:
the other day at bedtime she very calmly asked me if dirt and s**t were the same thing 8O

I had to explain that the latter was a very naughty word and she shouldn't say it and that she would get in a lot of trouble at school if she did. I asked where she heard it and it wasn't from me (thankfully) but one of her friends at school. She did look very upset with herself and promised she wouldn't say it again, bless her :)

One Saturday, my nephew was up at my parents house and they decided to take him to the Glasgow Science Centre. I decided to come along as I hadn't been. Anyway, there is a ticket-barrier system to make sure you pay for parking etc. Someone had royally cocked this process up and due to the large queue formed behind them they couldn't back up (they ended up mounting the oavement and letting a long queue pass them by). My dad was driving and is bad for swearing in the car (comically bad).
My nephew then strikes up a conversation with my dad (he was maybe about 2.5-3 when this happened.
Nephew: "Grandpa?"
My Father: *all sweet and happy voice* Yes?
Nephew: "Why you say f.ucking?"

I couldn't help burst out laughing. My mother burst out laughing. My dad looked embarassed and my nephew didn't really know what was going on. FYI, his parents (my nephew's I mean) found it hilarious.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:05 pm 

Looking after big old house in the country for someone, got the place to myself and reading a horror book in front of the fire.

Last edited by Biffa on Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:46 am 

How quickly 6 months passes... And she's cleared 7 now!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:01 am 

Wow! I actually can't believe it's been 6 months since you said she was born. Hope you've been able to get to see her loads. That's a great photo, happy little girl :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:57 pm 

7, just the pic was at 6. She's come so far considering she was stuck in hospital for over a week after birth and gave us all a scare. She's huge now, will easily be walking in 3 months' time!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:15 pm 

I work in a care home for people with dementia which can be quite depressing at times. Today however I was told I looked lovely, told that someone loves me and given a kiss from two of the residents. Some days they really do put a smile on your face.

Tufters, she is absolutely gorgeous. We had a scare with my nephew but it just makes you appreciate them even more. So glad she's doing well!

Last edited by Rachie_D on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:23 pm 

Aww!!!

Thanks Rach, and I'm glad it was only a scare. Babies are tough little things, they handle more than I reckon some of us could!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:08 am 

Beautiful pics Tufty - you are a lucky man!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:43 pm 

I was really struggling with a trolley at Ikea today (the boxes alone weighed 148kg, plus all the other stuff I had balanced ontop) and my daughter was sitting on a couple of protruding boxes at the bottom. I don't know about other Ikea's, but the one at Leeds has sloped pavements in various directions, those long drain covers and little 1cm deep troughs all over the multi-story (I guess all for drainage) and trying to control the trolley was next to impossible.

Anyway, at 1 point the slope on the pavement suddenly increased and I couldn't stop the trolley gong down it, it hit a drain cover, stopped suddenly, a couple of boxes fell off into a puddle and my little girl went flying off as well! She wasn't hurt by anything falling off (I'd stacked the trolley well enough that most things were secure) but did get a shock and scrapped her hand on the pavement and banged her knee. The tears came and as I left all the boxes and bags on the floor in the rain to comfort her, someone came over and started piling up my trolley for me, then asked if I needed any help getting back to the car as it looked like I was in my own with everything.

His wife and daughter went on into the shop and he dragged my trolley for me, over all the slopes, living the wheels over all the grates and dips, right through the multi-storey to my car whilst I carried my daughter and a couple of bags in the other hand. When we got to my car I said thank you (obviously) and asked if he wanted anything for his trouble. Money, food a can if drink or 2, and he said no, he was just happy to help!
It took him a good 15 mins to help me out of his own day and a fair bit of effort. And I was amazed that anyone would be that helpful, just for the sake of it. Really put my faith back in humanity that there are still good people out there. :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:06 am 

After the crap I've dealt with on here today I needed to hear that minchy. Hope the hand and knee are healing nicely :)

Don't forget the games you're competing in. Someone has to get one over on us!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:58 pm 

P-F1 Mod wrote:
After the crap I've dealt with on here today I needed to hear that minchy. Hope the hand and knee are healing nicely :)

I feel really bad for you guys sometimes, the main forum seems flooded with hormonal teenagers these days who can't string two sentences together, forget a coherent argument. You guys do a great job keeping it all together though :thumbup:

@Minchy: Such people may be a minority, but they definitely do exist and one can only hope they continue to.

@Tufty: The baby girl is lovely! I have a niece that just began pre-school, and the pic just reminded me of a pic I have of her barely a few days old. Wonder how kids seem to grow up Fast-Forward. :nod:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:17 pm 

chetan_rao wrote:
P-F1 Mod wrote:

I feel really bad for you guys sometimes, the main forum seems flooded with hormonal teenagers these days who can't string two sentences together, forget a coherent argument. You guys do a great job keeping it all together though :thumbup:

Thanks, good to hear that too!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:45 am 

P-F1 Mod wrote:

Glad I could bring some sunshine into your day as well as mine!

But on the subject of what you have to deal with, I'm having some major issues with a lot of stuff at the moment. Any chance you get the techies to have a look to see if they can sort my life out for me? :]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:32 am 

Get in line, I called dibs :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:39 am 

chetan_rao wrote:
@Tufty: The baby girl is lovely! I have a niece that just began pre-school, and the pic just reminded me of a pic I have of her barely a few days old. Wonder how kids seem to grow up Fast-Forward. :nod:

Thanks! I'm still in that stage where I'm like "I have a sister now? OMG!"

Feels weird to think she's 8 months old in a week. It's only been a week since they let her out of the SCBU, I swear! They really do grow up so quick. It's scary. Every time I see her it's like they replaced her with a bigger model, like she's being switched up until she's a proper miniature person - ready for the adventures of scraped knees etc!

...Ok I'm rambling but she's my baby sister and it's gone half past two in the morning here so I'll shut up.

Minchy, I'm pleased your daughter wasn't badly hurt. Give her some chocolate for me, it has healing properties you know :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:21 am 

Thanks Tufty, she was only sitting on a couple of protruding, well lodged in shelf boxes on one of those flat-pack trollies, so her feet were almost touching the floor anyway. She just managed to do a full back flip going over backwards. Just one of those things, she was having such a fun day so suddenly falling over upset her more than if she just fell over on her own normally :-((

But the best thing about your 'I've got a little sister' feeling is that it'll never go away! Even when she hits teenage years and hates your parents for no reason, you'll still be there as her big brother to talk to ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:43 am 

Poor thing, but that's what being a child is for - falling off things, learning to pick yourself up.

Haha the only thing that will change is at some point she'll start talking back to me! Although hopefully her little bouts of throwing up on my shirt stop - only temporarily, until she discovers alcohol :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:47 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:04 pm 

Am in absolute agony again. It's been 16 days since I had surgery on my achilles tendon and for the first time this afternoon I managed to walk without crutches! Feels like I'm paying for that now though :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:31 pm 

Just booked my birthday trip to Inverness! Can't wait!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:56 pm 

Before or after it becomes a different country [possibly]?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:45 pm 

P-F1 Mod wrote:
Before or after it becomes a different country [possibly]?

After I think (though hopefully not).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:17 am 

God bless Borris Johnson! After GB whooped Australia in wheelchair rugby at the invictus games his exact words - there was a moment when I was actually feeling sorry for Australia, then the moment passed!

He just doesn't say the things you expect a politician should say :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:46 am 

I made a smoothie for my brunch today. It was AMAZING!

1 Red Apple, 1 Green Apple, 1 Pear, 1 Orange, Some Blueberry yoghurt and some ice. Blend until it must be about to gherkin the neighbours off. I actually think my mouth had an orgasm. Actually so damn nice, and relatively healthy at least. Decided to try to eat more healthily and drop a few kg, this is seemed like a decent way to start.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:27 pm 

Squirrel trying on a Halloween mask - nuff said really :]

(although the more I look at it, the more it looks like he's trying to do a Bernie 'the weasel' Ecclestone impression!)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:20 pm 

What a cool gesture by Utah Jazz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-e7t2YNdMQ#t=98

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:05 pm 

I just had a Skype lesson with one of my guitar heroes, Philip Sayce. He couldn't have been a nicer guy, complementing me on what I did well and helping me with what I was doing wrong instead of just saying it was wrong. We had a great chat about the guitar greats, and how to approach the guitar from a mental and artistic standpoint. Amazing person, and I couldn't be a happier bunny.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:30 pm 

AngusWolfe wrote:
I just had a Skype lesson with one of my guitar heroes, Philip Sayce. He couldn't have been a nicer guy, complementing me on what I did well and helping me with what I was doing wrong instead of just saying it was wrong. We had a great chat about the guitar greats, and how to approach the guitar from a mental and artistic standpoint. Amazing person, and I couldn't be a happier bunny.

Wow, how great is that :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:03 pm 

DrG wrote:
AngusWolfe wrote:

Wow, how great is that :D

It would have been so easy for him to come on, do 20 minutes of showing off, and *inaudible* off again. Sometimes meeting your heroes (if you can call Skype meeting) isn't all that bad.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:33 pm 

After having 2 months without being able pick up the work WiFi in my flat there, my first attempt at wining with cat6 cables has ben successful! Nice neat wall socket in the office near the router, 30 meters of cable going through 2 ceilings and 2 external walls, another nice neat socket in the flat and even managed to fit a couple of plugs. All working first time with no drama, so proud of myself! And I can finally use my laptop and play the xbox without having to sit in the bar anymore :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:57 am 

I made 94 cents by doing nothing, so yeah.

Podiums: 11
2018 Championship Standing: As good as Max in China

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:56 pm 

Got all the guys who worked on Sonic the Cominc staying at my guest house tonight for a convention in my city. Including the guy who created the War Machine character for Marvel, one of the artists who drew Thor and some guys who worked on Judge Dread. Me and the guy I work with are in heaven and been chatting to them in the bar for ages till they went out for a meal. Signed sketches all round :]

http://stconline.co.uk/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:58 pm 

Adding onto my previous post, one of artists staying here is Jon Haward who's worked on a few Marvel comics and first off he draw me a sketch of me shooting a pulsar blast in the ironman suit and my colleague as the Hulk. And as he arrived yesterday during my daughter's birthday party, he came to the bar tonight whilst she was playing Skylanders and offered to draw her a picture of her with Princess Elsa (from Frozen). Made my daughter so happy and really put the icing on the cake for her birthday. What a top bloke :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:41 pm 

Had a hellish year with my health.

Awesomeness.......Key Hole Surgery, I am grateful to the pioneers of this surgery and the Hospital staff who were awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:00 pm 

runningman67 wrote:

Awesomeness.......Key Hole Surgery, I am grateful to the pioneers of this surgery and the Hospital staff who were awesome.

Hopefully you're on the mend, and its good to see someone praising the medical staff for a change.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:51 pm 

Finally got one of my Christmas presents sorted, a computer for my 14 year old brother. Case, PSU, CPU, motherboard, memory, hard drive, coming to a grand total of £71. Absolute bargains all round.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:48 am 

My new exercise regime started last night. It's going well so far, did 10k cycle in less than a hour, which is pretty good considering I've not done this since Easter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:14 pm 

runningman67 wrote:

Good result!

I did keyhole surgery on my ACL last year, so easy and didn't leave the nasty scar all along the knee. Just 5 tiny holes you can hardly see anymore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:34 pm 

Have just watched Muppet Christmas Carol with my son.

He's 28!

We both still love it. The only difference between now, and when he was 9, is that we can both have a few drinks while watching it. Rather than just him.

Christmas has now officially started.