planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:46 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:16 pm 

Toby. wrote:
Finally picked up a PS4 on the weekend. The first time I've owned a console in about 10 years. Purchased GT Sport, GTA V and Metal Gear Solid V (all games I enjoyed as a youngin').

First question: How long will it take until I'm not a bumbling fool when it comes to using the controller?

We'll as you bought a ps4 as opposed to an Xbox - a looooong, loooooong time! (I hate PlayStation controllers!)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:49 am 

Picked up Wolfenstein 2 in the Black Friday sales, looking forward to that one. Also cannot wait for PUBG on Xbox, provided it’s not completely unplayable with bugs and such I’ll be picking that up day 1/2 :] I’m also holding off on buying SW Battlefront 2 until I see what EA do with the loot boxes, real disappointment for me as I was looking forward to that game a few months ago.

Addicted to Battlefield 1 at the moment anyway and I’ve still got Telltale GOT and Borderlands to play through in the meantime.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:22 pm 

Anyone played the browser based game Universal Paperclip?

http://www.decisionproblem.com/paperclips/index2.html

(If on a phone you may need to request the desktop version, but to be honest, I'd play it on your computer so you can alt tab away and back to it)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:05 pm 

Alienturnedhuman wrote:

(If on a phone you may need to request the desktop version, but to be honest, I'd play it on your computer so you can alt tab away and back to it)

What the heck did I just waste 30 mins of my life on?!

That's a simple and awful game, yet I could not bring myself away from it! :]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:05 pm 

Alienturnedhuman wrote:

Oh god... I've wasted so much time today...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:38 pm 

Alienturnedhuman wrote:

Does this mean I’m part of the PC master race now?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:01 pm 

minchy wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:

Did you get to the space combat part of it?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:21 pm 

Alienturnedhuman wrote:
minchy wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:

Mine ended when I released the hypno-drones and was able to devote all of the planets resources to making paperclips.

Enjoyable for some time killing. I'd have liked some few bits and bobs changed but given it's a free browser game I can't expect amazing production quality. One the whole, I'm really rather impressed with the whole operation.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:07 pm 

mac_d wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
minchy wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:

Mine ended when I released the hypno-drones and was able to devote all of the planets resources to making paperclips.

Enjoyable for some time killing. I'd have liked some few bits and bobs changed but given it's a free browser game I can't expect amazing production quality. One the whole, I'm really rather impressed with the whole operation.

No, that's the end of the first 33% of the game. There's a whole two sections after that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:14 am 

Alienturnedhuman wrote:
mac_d wrote:

No, that's the end of the first 33% of the game. There's a whole two sections after that.

Well it wouldn't let me do anything after it, so seemed like the end. Gone forever now anyway.

Finished the Game of Thrones Telltale game. Pretty disappointing. I get the impression from playing this that it was early in Telltale's history compared to something liked Walking Dead S3 which I also played very recently. The first WD game and this both somehow don't quite work as well. Not really sure what the difference is but they feel different and less good. Still fun enough. For the fiver I paid, fine. For my own definition of value, this wouldn't have been worth full price. Not by a long shot.
Some specific spoilers for the GoT game and the show/books
Spoiler (click to show)

Last edited by mac_d on Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:27 am 

mac_d wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
mac_d wrote:

Well it wouldn't let me do anything after it, so seemed like the end. Gone forever now anyway.

I remember thinking the same, but then I did something, it might have been to click the "make paperclip" button again and something happened. Actually, you may have got to the end of the second third. If you harvest 5 octillion paperclips you start the von neuman project and send spaceships to explore the universe and convert the entire universe into paperclips, end up fighting aliens that try to stop you converting the universe into paperclips until you have turned all of them into paperclips as well.

The game is based on the smart AI theory about if you made a machine that had unlimited intelligence whose sole goal was to produce as many paper clips as possible. Such a machine would turn the entire universe into paperclips. It's not as spectacular as SkyNet, but a much more real doomsday AI scenario based on how computers thinking works.

It's also an exploration of exponential growth in mathematics, and if you understand that then the later part of the game becomes really quickly. You have to program the space probes in various fields, one of which was self replication, which providing you can get a exponential growth pattern meant that the speed of universe conversion into paperclips looked like it started slowly, but would just keep gathering speed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:44 am 

Alienturnedhuman wrote:
I remember thinking the same, but then I did something, it might have been to click the "make paperclip" button again and something happened.

If I recall I had the make paperclip button and maybe my processor/memory window (but not special projects) left. I clicked everything that was left and nothing seemed to happen. Did seem like an odd stopping point but also seemed like a logical end.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:39 pm 

I did not get to the space combat section :D

I must have gotten bored long before that!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:29 pm 

Got stuck into The Turing Test, which was recently free on Xbox Live. Decent game I thought. Puzzles were of a decent standard and the difficulty curve was well handled (I always think it must be a *inaudible* to design puzzle games).

The plot though. I feel like this is a game that is either trying to be smarter than it is or my own interpretation of morality is not what the Devs think it should have been. To me, the whole issue isn't shades of grey but purely black and white.

Couple of issues with the game. The physics are a little off. When platforms drop, anything on them lingers like Wild E. Coyote. IF you move a platform horizontally the same effect makes things falls off frequently. One puzzle relies on the physics in a specific way that seemed like the only way to do the puzzle, but relied on the physics engine doing what I thought it would which was rarely the case. Of course, my solution may not have actually been the intended solution. Also, one instance of bad design (imo) occurs in one of the optional puzzles. The game has trained you to always carry spare energy because you almost always need it. Having this energy makes a force-field over a door activate. A force-field that looks close to how the door looks without the force-field. Put those together these things and you have an impassable barrier that it is very unclear how to fix. Mileage may vary if that's me being stupid or bad design, but I really think that one aspect is flawed.
Finally, the audiologs in the game are not subtitled. After an incredibly loud gig a few years ago, my hearing is noticeably worse. I often struggle to hear clearly and it's not unusual for me to just read subtitles when I watch stuff and in games, I nearly always put full subtitles on. Subtitle everything, not just the main plot stuff.

Anyway, if anyone else picked this up free or likes reasonably short puzzle games I'd say give it a bash. Took me 7.5 hours and was pleasant for that time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:28 am 

I subtitle everything too! Nothing wrong with my hearing (even after many loud gigs myself), just cause I like to make sure I don't miss anything and often dialogue gets lots in the sfx and music in games and films etc.
. It's also cause I'm used to being quiet so I don't disturb people.

Most of my friends think I'm weird when they see I have games and Netflix etc subtitled, nice to know it's not just me :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:09 am 

Yup definitely prefer subtitles. Especially as I tend to read faster than the speeches so I know I can skip bits..... If skipping sentences is allowed.

I really want to play the paper clip game now lol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:35 pm 

Just played the paperclip game. First on my mobile as I didn't have access to a pc. It was pretty boring and kinda ran out of projects, but then I read that people who downloaded it on their phones had preferred the browser version much more.

So I borrowed my nieces laptop in order to change the universe into paper clips. It was pretty nice and I really enjoyed how much depth this deceiving game had. Took about 5-6 hours lol.

Bit disappointing I didn't kill aliens along the way and was Killin drifters instead who are pretty much your own probes gone haywayer. And a bit spooky with the music in the third phase. But I did enjoy the space battles and watching my dots destroy the drifters.

In the end I rejected the drifters offer and killed everything and then dissassembled my AI to produce just a few more clips......

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:06 pm 

OMG Mass effect Andromeda online is lagging and rubberbanding me so much. I wanted to try out a new class, the human soldier. Its not normally my play style but I leveled up the banguards and an adept so wanted to try something new.

Game is totoally ruined for me, the last match I couldn't even fire my gun. What sort of daft problem is that and died several times because of the the lag making it unplayable. Been trying to play all week, but when you struggle to get an hour or two of gameplay in anyway, spending it all suffering is terrible. I'm uninstalling it right away!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:52 am 

Just about finished Horizon Zero Dawn. I've done all missions and most side missions from both the game and the DLC, showing around 96% completed for the main game and 77% for the DLC.

For the DLC I've not did the new Hunting Grounds yet which will be a big part of it. For the main game I have no idea what I'm still actually missing, guess there are some tutorials or something that I didn't bother with initially. First game I've loved enough to attempt to 100%, despite all missions being completed.

MGSV was close until it got to the stupid 're-do' missions after the half way point.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:52 am 

PUBG Xbox is a laggy, buggy mess that looks awful and I can’t get enough :D

New patch out today which adds FPP so I know what I’m doing this evening.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:04 pm 

Yeah I like it too, should be great when it runs more smoothly. Tried fortnite which runs better but don't enjoy the resources and base building part of it. Been a while since I've played a large scale FFA one death only game so having to adjust my playstyle a bit :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:04 am 

I picked up Motorsport Manager on sale recently on Steam.

Obviously, I'm a motorsport guy (shocking, I know) so the content is good. I also happen to like games that are somewhat passive to play sometimes (menu games as I call them). I quite enjoy it. I got the free DLC to start my own team so did that. After about 5 seasons I made it up to the next level (it's like a football manager game in so much as you can be promoted and relegated). At the end of that season, I got relegated back to the first tier. Any time I get moved up, I'm pretty weak compared to the field and can't do enough to keep my point total up. I'm claerly mismanaging fuel as in races with refuelling I do much, much worse than those with no refuelling.

It's a fun enough game but it lacks quite a lot of what I was looking for. It's a bit too simple, despite having quite a lot of options.

Edit: Played some Gears of War with my buddy couch co-op earlier. Great game at the time, and still holds up really well. Good story (the best of the Gears 1-3 trilogy), good mechanics (though I like some of the GoW2 additions) but most of all, I love couch co-op. I know we've discussed it before and quite a few of you agreed it's a good feature and sad to lose.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:08 pm 

Picked up Life is Strange: Before the Storm a while back and finally played it recently.

For those that haven't played this or the original, they are somewhat similar to the Telltale games in that they are more of an interactive movie style than a traditional game. Though LiS lets you walk around and look at everything and had a lot more minor things to do so is more of a "game" than the Telltale ones (which I also love). I absolutely loved LiS and, unsurprisingly, I loved this game too. It felt a bit lazy in some ways as a huge number of locations were reused from LiS. Sure, it's set in a small town so what can you do, but I felt like it needed a bit more variety. If you liked LiS, you'll probably like this. If you didn't like LiS, I see almost no chance you;d dig this. Doesn't work as a standalone either.

And after that, I replayed LiS. I've sung it's praises a little above there, but I must say I absolutely love this game. Probably would put it in my top 10 all time. I love the mechanics of the game. I love that it put in so many little side things to do for side characters. The soundtrack is incredibly good. I really enjoyed the development of the plot. I could probably go on and on and on about why this game works for me but I won't/ Basically, I just really like this game.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:54 pm 

Went back to Batman: Arkham Knight. Finished it, and loved it. However, the forced batmobile bits just absolutely suck. If these were skippable, or outright removed it would improve the game imo. I mean, it's cool to have the batmobile but I still think that someone with power came up with the concept to bring the batmobile to the game and so it got shovelled done our necks at frequent intervals. I cannot believe people would find it fun in the main game.

Moaning aside, Arkham Knight ranks similarly to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. I'd strongly recommend them if ever asked, and I must say that I really loved all 3 - though City is probably the best of the bunch... or maybe Asylum... or maybe this one (except the forced batmobile bits). And of course, Hamill Joker is best Joker.

Also finished the Fallout 4 DLC recently. I got the game with all the DLC at launch which was a stupid decision in retrospect. I am a sucker for a perceived bargain, but I basically paid for the game + a bunch of future content that I had no guarantee of liking, or quality or duration. I somewhat trust Bethesda which played a part but still. And Fallout 4 still isn't as good as New Vegas, though Fallout 4 has much more to do and is great. Fallout NV had a great ability to have quests solvable without just killing everyone. Fallout 4 rarely lets you do anything but just shoot everyone to death.

Packs were hit and miss - though I paid a lump sum for them all so it;s hard to comment on value for money.

Automatron was fun, but even on very easy difficulty the ridiculous number of enemies spawned as a certain point could kill me. A goofy helmet appears and somewhat killed the story for me as I wore said goofy helmet because it had good stats. Decent DLC, kinda short. Has some interesting stuff.

Wasteland/Contraption Workshop - Neither of these offered sufficient content/playing pleasure to really be worth any money from me.

Far Harbor - Very enjoyable. Decent sized new area, new quests, story with some options, new enemies. I enjoyed this DLC. I didn't 100% the side quest content, but I think I got through most of it. Still rather short, but fun nonetheless.

Nuka Cola World - Mostly very good. Decent amount of things to do. Interesting new area. Fun place to explore. Wasn't a fan of the fact the main questline has you invade the commonwealth and take over settlements. This meant I had to take over my own ones. And because I wanted to experience the DLC, I had to. However, that's my sensibilities specifically. I enjoy making the commonwealth better and creating safe havens so raider DLC isn't ideal.

If I play any more games that came out years ago I'll be sure and review them too!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:43 am 

mac_d wrote:
Also finished the Fallout 4 DLC recently. I got the game with all the DLC at launch which was a stupid decision in retrospect. I am a sucker for a perceived bargain, but I basically paid for the game + a bunch of future content that I had no guarantee of liking, or quality or duration. I somewhat trust Bethesda which played a part but still. And Fallout 4 still isn't as good as New Vegas, though Fallout 4 has much more to do and is great. Fallout NV had a great ability to have quests solvable without just killing everyone. Fallout 4 rarely lets you do anything but just shoot everyone to death.

Packs were hit and miss - though I paid a lump sum for them all so it;s hard to comment on value for money.

Automatron was fun, but even on very easy difficulty the ridiculous number of enemies spawned as a certain point could kill me. A goofy helmet appears and somewhat killed the story for me as I wore said goofy helmet because it had good stats. Decent DLC, kinda short. Has some interesting stuff.

Wasteland/Contraption Workshop - Neither of these offered sufficient content/playing pleasure to really be worth any money from me.

Far Harbor - Very enjoyable. Decent sized new area, new quests, story with some options, new enemies. I enjoyed this DLC. I didn't 100% the side quest content, but I think I got through most of it. Still rather short, but fun nonetheless.

Nuka Cola World - Mostly very good. Decent amount of things to do. Interesting new area. Fun place to explore. Wasn't a fan of the fact the main questline has you invade the commonwealth and take over settlements. This meant I had to take over my own ones. And because I wanted to experience the DLC, I had to. However, that's my sensibilities specifically. I enjoy making the commonwealth better and creating safe havens so raider DLC isn't ideal.

If I play any more games that came out years ago I'll be sure and review them too!

I loved the Far Harbor DLC. In Nuka World, I went back and killed all the Raiders to help clear my conscience a little bit - something about being a Raider didn't sit right with me :)

The other DLCs are instantly forgettable, but those two probably represent value for money in the Season Pass alone.

Currently Lvl10 on Witcher 3, and already falling in to my usual traps of doing every side quest and ignoring the main missions. I'll catch up to the rest of the world one day. I made this same mistake in Fallout4, and turned out ridiculously overpowered to the point that every battle was easy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:42 am 

It seems I misunderstood Xbox Live's Games with Gold thing. I thought it was a case that for having Gold in a given month, I always got to play the game. I let me Gold lapse at the end of last year because I rarely used it. Outwith some brief time on Mass Effect Andromeda and when my buddy and I would play competitive Madden, I don't use it. When I go to boot a GwG game, it tells me I need to resubscribe. I'm not all that surprised, my concept I thought was a really good deal and finding out it's not the actual deal makes it more in keeping with what I would expect.

After enjoying Arkham Knight I wanted to play something else that had a fair bit of collecting things from a map so booted up Assassin's Creed Unity. Now, I'm a former fan of the series. AC was a good game, though needed a fair bit of work to really make it great. AC2 was brilliant. Great plot, good combat (although this would be improved later) and Ezio is one of my favourite videogame characters. Brotherhood and Revelation were great too, though 3 games in 3 years did leave me rather fatigued with the series. AC3 marked the end of my love affair. Mixture of boredom of the series and crap plot pacing. The first half or more was slow and awful and the last chapter lacked any emotional climax after the excellent chapter leading into it. Black Flag I enjoyed again, though I could have done without the naval combat aspects. Then we have Unity.

Now, I remember this game got lambasted at launch for just being a broken, unfun mess. I'm not caring for it too much. I don't like the combat, I don't like how everytime I move to go anywhere every guard sees me and hates me. I don't like the riddle missions. I find the control clunky in a way I do not recall from the previous games. I do think Paris is beautiful in game and the murder mystery missions are fun. It has some cool concepts but basically, it feels like a step backwards. That said, I haven't had any glitches at least. Of course, it's been 3 years or so since I played Black Flag and longer for the Ezio trilogy so perhaps I'm not remembering issues they have,

Also annoying, I can get AC2 Ezio Trilogy for £15 on Amazon but the download code version is £40. I pretty much never trade games in so I don't really care about physical vs digital and digital is better for my being a lazy *inaudible*.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:08 pm 

this weekend I played "A way out" on ps4

it is a local or online co op game where you and a friend are in prison and must escape to get your revenge on the man that is the reason why your both locked up. The game is split screen so you always see what you or your friend is doing in game. youhave to work together and aid each other in your quest for revenge.

pros
- only $30 for a new game
- your friends can play entire game for FREE if they down load free trial (demo) in psn store and you invite them to your game
- good story line for both characters
- good change of pace to other games
- fun mischief along the way
- great finale
- alternate endings

cons
- about 6 hrs to complete (should have been longer imo)
- pretty straight forward which made it a bit to easy imo
- not much replay value once u see both endings

Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:01 am 

mac_d wrote:
It seems I misunderstood Xbox Live's Games with Gold thing. I thought it was a case that for having Gold in a given month, I always got to play the game. I let me Gold lapse at the end of last year because I rarely used it. Outwith some brief time on Mass Effect Andromeda and when my buddy and I would play competitive Madden, I don't use it. When I go to boot a GwG game, it tells me I need to resubscribe. I'm not all that surprised, my concept I thought was a really good deal and finding out it's not the actual deal makes it more in keeping with what I would expect.

After enjoying Arkham Knight I wanted to play something else that had a fair bit of collecting things from a map so booted up Assassin's Creed Unity. Now, I'm a former fan of the series. AC was a good game, though needed a fair bit of work to really make it great. AC2 was brilliant. Great plot, good combat (although this would be improved later) and Ezio is one of my favourite videogame characters. Brotherhood and Revelation were great too, though 3 games in 3 years did leave me rather fatigued with the series. AC3 marked the end of my love affair. Mixture of boredom of the series and crap plot pacing. The first half or more was slow and awful and the last chapter lacked any emotional climax after the excellent chapter leading into it. Black Flag I enjoyed again, though I could have done without the naval combat aspects. Then we have Unity.

Now, I remember this game got lambasted at launch for just being a broken, unfun mess. I'm not caring for it too much. I don't like the combat, I don't like how everytime I move to go anywhere every guard sees me and hates me. I don't like the riddle missions. I find the control clunky in a way I do not recall from the previous games. I do think Paris is beautiful in game and the murder mystery missions are fun. It has some cool concepts but basically, it feels like a step backwards. That said, I haven't had any glitches at least. Of course, it's been 3 years or so since I played Black Flag and longer for the Ezio trilogy so perhaps I'm not remembering issues they have,

Also annoying, I can get AC2 Ezio Trilogy for £15 on Amazon but the download code version is £40. I pretty much never trade games in so I don't really care about physical vs digital and digital is better for my being a lazy *inaudible*.

My thoughts on the AC series are also fairly similar. I think it went downhill massively after Black Flag. My issue was simply that they seemed to simplify it so much, it made the free running easier (just hold a button and push forward) and that for me lost a lot of the fun in the game. I also never understood the hate for AC3, i really enjoyed it! Although for me, it was building up the homestead that was more fun than the main story.

Don't know if you're just an xbox player or play on PC too, but there's currently a Ubisoft sale on Steam which gives you every AC game for £38.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:20 am 

minchy wrote:
My thoughts on the AC series are also fairly similar. I think it went downhill massively after Black Flag. My issue was simply that they seemed to simplify it so much, it made the free running easier (just hold a button and push forward) and that for me lost a lot of the fun in the game. I also never understood the hate for AC3, i really enjoyed it! Although for me, it was building up the homestead that was more fun than the main story.

Don't know if you're just an xbox player or play on PC too, but there's currently a Ubisoft sale on Steam which gives you every AC game for £38.

I really didn't care for AC3. It took far too long to actually get started and the interesting plot aspects ended 2 chapters before the game did. The latter point being more egregious imo, and also being largely dependant on if you like how it was done or not. I could see it going either way. Possibly also not helped by the fact I really, really enjoyed the life and times of Ezio Auditore so switching to a character I found much less interesting and had much less love for may have played a factor. Additionally, the timing of AC3 left me feeling like burned myself out on AC after 3 years of playing one of the Ezio games per year. I also think AC3 had too much Desmond. I could honestly do without the modern day framing of the story. I just like to be an assassin sometime in the past. The Desmond sections in AC weren't intrusive and mostly served to give background and to break up the story memories. AC2 you only play as Desmond very briefly. AC3, iirc, had full missions as Desmond. Of course, I think a lot of people cared about the Desmond part of the plot -I didn't really. I cared more about Altair and Ezio's own journeys.

I have a PC and I do play on it but I prefer to play on console for games like this. I have AC, AC2/B/R, AC3 and Black Flag on 360 and Black Flag, Unity and now The Ezio collection on the One. I suppose now I have Ezio I can uninstall the 360 version of AC2 from my external drive.

Oh and get this, I bought the disk version of AC: Ezio on Saturday afternoon. I check today and the digital version is on sale this week on Xbox Live. Just my luck.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:30 pm 

That's just unlucky!

Another thing you said was how GwG works. I also thought that if you got a game for free on GwG it was yours regardless of your Xbox live membership level. I think they did start GwG like that back on the 360, mainly to compete with PSN, who offered different games each month but were only playable that specific month. They must have changed it some time some time during the Xbox one's time and not made a big thing about it. Or possibly (don't know if you online at the time or not) it could be that you have to be online to play any downloaded game regardless if your Xbox live membership level?

Anyway, Sea of Thieves is fully released now and included in the Xbox game pass. I've not used game pass yet as I usually play on PC now, so I've got my 14 days to try game pass for free still to use. Turns out all my other Xbox gaming friends are in the same boat, so we can all join up at the same time and play Sea of Thieves for 14 days together without having to she'll out £50 each for the game or £8 for a month of game pass!

Nice bonus there as I've been looking forward to Sea of Thieves since I first saw it, but really don't think I'd want to buy it at full price.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:37 pm 

Been playing Sea of Thieves for a couple of days now and although it's a fun and really good looking game,I wouldn't recommend anyone buy it new!

I was hoping for a lot with it being a Rare game, but they have gone back to the game play style of Viva Piñata. Looking nice, but after you have seen the 4 (ish) tasks you can do, it's just grinding out to make in game currency and buying mainly cosmetic stuff.

Don't get me wrong, it is fun, one of the most beautiful games I've played and it is a good laugh with friends, but it just feels so limited. It feels like it should be in early access and still in development. More like a £15-£20 beta than a £50 full release.

So unless you can play it free using an Xbox game pass, I wouldn't recommend it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:46 pm 

Been playing on the Mini Super Nintendo recently. Love these classic games and I completed Super MArio World getting all 96 exits:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhCgOb3As1X/

Its one of my comfort games, that I know so well, even if its still a bit difficult I somehow figure out the all the secrets without quite fully remembering everything. Its so weird but still so satisfying.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:25 am 

f1madman wrote:
Been playing on the Mini Super Nintendo recently. Love these classic games and I completed Super MArio World getting all 96 exits:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhCgOb3As1X/

Its one of my comfort games, that I know so well, even if its still a bit difficult I somehow figure out the all the secrets without quite fully remembering everything. Its so weird but still so satisfying.

I've not tried it myself yet, but supposedly remarkably easy and low risk to chip so you can load more games on to it. Makes me wonder why Nintendo didn't allow some sort of SD Slot for it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:34 pm 

Yeah I'm tempted to do that too, I guess Nintendo make loads of easy money from selling classic titles as downloads on the wii u/switch and such. So wouldn't want to encourage people easily adding ROMs. Although maybe they missed a trick in allowing us to download more classics legally onto the mini snes. Probably easier said then done.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:36 am 

f1madman wrote:
Yeah I'm tempted to do that too, I guess Nintendo make loads of easy money from selling classic titles as downloads on the wii u/switch and such. So wouldn't want to encourage people easily adding ROMs. Although maybe they missed a trick in allowing us to download more classics legally onto the mini snes. Probably easier said then done.

Yeah, I'd happily pay. I never even realised they do classic titles on the Wii etc. Give me an easy and legal means, and I'll use it... I think more companies need to recognise this. Even sell SD cards loaded with games at a reasonable price.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:48 am 

I found my Assassin's Creed limit. Turns out, my limit is 100% of AC2, 100% of Brotherhood and the main story of Revelations.
I played all 3 at release and had some thoughts from playing them again.
AC2 is a great game but lacks enough side things and the plot doesn't challenge you. This version has the 2 DLC chapters included and they harm the game by killing the pacing and really feeling like padding when the game is hitting it's plot-climax. It's annoying that the collectables are not displayed on the minimap at all.
Brotherhood is the best game in the trilogy and, imo, the best AC game (of AC, AC2/Bro/Rev, AC3, AC4 and Unity). They streamlined the combat and made it more fun. The story mission requirements for 100% add to the game. The side missions seem more plentiful and interesting. The ability to, after a point, have all the collectables on the minimap is great - I enjoy just walking about getting collectables more than most though (I think).
Revelations is not quite running on fumes but it's heading that way. I'm split on my feelings of the city. The plot is fine, kinda cool if you care about Altair but feels more disconnected from AC2 and Brotherhood. The Desmond missions are absolute crap. First person platform puzzles. And the DLC is included... more of the first person DLC puzzles. That's right, more of the worst part of the game! Lucky me. Still a good game, but not as good.
Anyway, slammed through these. Got all the AC2 and AC:Brotherhood achievements but I don't enjoy Revelations enough to spend the time to get the last few achievements.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:46 am 

mac_d wrote:
I found my Assassin's Creed limit. Turns out, my limit is 100% of AC2, 100% of Brotherhood and the main story of Revelations.
I played all 3 at release and had some thoughts from playing them again.
AC2 is a great game but lacks enough side things and the plot doesn't challenge you. This version has the 2 DLC chapters included and they harm the game by killing the pacing and really feeling like padding when the game is hitting it's plot-climax. It's annoying that the collectables are not displayed on the minimap at all.
Brotherhood is the best game in the trilogy and, imo, the best AC game (of AC, AC2/Bro/Rev, AC3, AC4 and Unity). They streamlined the combat and made it more fun. The story mission requirements for 100% add to the game. The side missions seem more plentiful and interesting. The ability to, after a point, have all the collectables on the minimap is great - I enjoy just walking about getting collectables more than most though (I think).
Revelations is not quite running on fumes but it's heading that way. I'm split on my feelings of the city. The plot is fine, kinda cool if you care about Altair but feels more disconnected from AC2 and Brotherhood. The Desmond missions are absolute crap. First person platform puzzles. And the DLC is included... more of the first person DLC puzzles. That's right, more of the worst part of the game! Lucky me. Still a good game, but not as good.
Anyway, slammed through these. Got all the AC2 and AC:Brotherhood achievements but I don't enjoy Revelations enough to spend the time to get the last few achievements.

I recently bought Black Flag for Xbox One when it was on sale and plan to replay that soon, I think that's the only AC game where I did everything (all collectibles etc.). I've also got Origins which I played a little of but haven't been back to since, so i'm probably overdue some AC.

PUBG for Xbox is free to play this weekend for anyone interested by the way.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:51 pm 

Black flag was the best in the series imo. Game was smooth, flawless and had a bit of everything to keep you interested.

Anyone playing the new god of war?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:24 pm 

Mayhem wrote:
Black flag was the best in the series imo. Game was smooth, flawless and had a bit of everything to keep you interested.

Too much sailing about. That said, I would rate Black Flag as by far the best AC game that doesn't star Ezio. I got it on 360 at the time my 360 died and then got a Black Flag & Unity Xbone bundle which is where I played both games. Black Flag 360 came up on my games list recently on Xbone and I installed it and I'm tempted to play the 360 version out of some strange sense that I'd be getting value for money from doing so. Think I'll probably give it a miss as I've done 4 AC games in the last 2 months now.

And the sailing in Black Flag was far less egregious than the other game that springs to mind when I think of sailing being shoehorned into a game - Zelda: Windwaker.

Kinda regret burning through the AC Ezio trilogy so quickly. I'm kinda back to having nothing on my Xbone I want to play. Or at least nothing that I want to play and can be bothered starting.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:33 am 

mac_d wrote:
Mayhem wrote:

Too much sailing about. That said, I would rate Black Flag as by far the best AC game that doesn't star Ezio. I got it on 360 at the time my 360 died and then got a Black Flag & Unity Xbone bundle which is where I played both games. Black Flag 360 came up on my games list recently on Xbone and I installed it and I'm tempted to play the 360 version out of some strange sense that I'd be getting value for money from doing so. Think I'll probably give it a miss as I've done 4 AC games in the last 2 months now.

And the sailing in Black Flag was far less egregious than the other game that springs to mind when I think of sailing being shoehorned into a game - Zelda: Windwaker.

Kinda regret burning through the AC Ezio trilogy so quickly. I'm kinda back to having nothing on my Xbone I want to play. Or at least nothing that I want to play and can be bothered starting.

Thats what gave the game its jenesequa, the abilty to free roam land and sea kept the game true to its theme / story line. You always found something to do sailing around whether plundering, free diving or just exploring new islands looking for treasure you never knew what to expect in that game. It was always different going out to sea which i enjoyed.

The dlc was a great story as well. The parkour was seamless, going stealth to complete missions and the endless sword fights. Having black beard there was a great addition. To me it was all these little touches that really made it shine.