planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:36 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:47 am 

Oh, dear, I'm sorry! I hope you're doing alright. I've been thinking about you!

I'd offer you a beer, but it seems you've already helped yourself...

"Jesus had a Honda. John 12:49: For I did not speak of my own Accord."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:29 pm 

*Looks up from floor* Tues... *blinks*

Whoa, i must have been out for a long time.... Looks good around here..

Shot of Jack, my good bartender :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:25 pm 

Leesa wrote:
Oh, dear, I'm sorry! I hope you're doing alright. I've been thinking about you!

I'd offer you a beer, but it seems you've already helped yourself...

Thanks sweetheart.

Yeah I'm fine, got a call about ten minutes ago and apparently Kate's funeral was beautiful.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:29 am 

drinks for everyone in the house on me....and let's pop the biggest and most expensive bottle of champagne you have. :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:08 pm 

nike2die4 wrote:
drinks for everyone in the house on me....and let's pop the biggest and most expensive bottle of champagne you have. :D

As you wish... what's this in aid of!?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:17 pm 

Beer me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:52 pm 

Tufty wrote:
nike2die4 wrote:

my birthday....28yrs young.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:13 pm 

nike2die4 wrote:
Tufty wrote:
nike2die4 wrote:

Well happy birthday!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:53 am 

Tufty wrote:
nike2die4 wrote:
Tufty wrote:
nike2die4 wrote:

Well happy birthday!!

thank you :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:40 am 

Can I get a cup of black coffee and some mustard and bread to go with all the spam you have lying around.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:18 am 
MrMuttley wrote:
Can I get a cup of black coffee and some mustard and bread to go with all the spam you have lying around.

I'll join you with the coffee...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:32 am 

Mod_Yellow wrote:
MrMuttley wrote:

i think you might need something stiffer then just a coffee :) espresso or a ristretto

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:50 am 
vikz22 wrote:
Mod_Yellow wrote:
MrMuttley wrote:

i think you might need something stiffer then just a coffee :) espresso or a ristretto

Only those two deserve to be called coffee ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:10 pm 

nike2die4 wrote:
Tufty wrote:
nike2die4 wrote:

Happy Birthday dude. Feel your pain im going to be 30 on friday :evil: mind you free beer so not all bad 8)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:38 pm 

Mod_Yellow wrote:
MrMuttley wrote:

I think you could do with a rusty nail. :-P

Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:32 pm 

dave_the_fish wrote:
nike2die4 wrote:
Tufty wrote:
nike2die4 wrote:

Happy Birthday dude. Feel your pain im going to be 30 on friday :evil: mind you free beer so not all bad 8)

am actually probably the only one looking fwd to being 30. :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:44 pm 
ob1kenobi.23 wrote:
Mod_Yellow wrote:
MrMuttley wrote:

One wouldn't be enough...

:-P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:56 pm 

Mod_Yellow wrote:
ob1kenobi.23 wrote:
Mod_Yellow wrote:
MrMuttley wrote:

One wouldn't be enough...

:-P

:lol: :] Touche, excellent.

Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:39 pm 
Enters, takes off his parka and snowshoes, looks around for a cold one.

Hey y'all, good evening. I've been busy all day and I am wresting with one of the great mysteries of the universe. In a few days it's my wife's birthday, and it just came to me that a guy should never mention her age, yet it's a mortal sin to forget her birthday. I need to sit down and relax for awhile. Somehow I feel I'm either dancing on thin ice or juggling live grenades.

Please, what's on tap, and it really needs to be cold. Hmm, where's the dart board?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:52 pm 

Blinky McSquinty wrote:
Enters, takes off his parka and snowshoes, looks around for a cold one.

Hey y'all, good evening. I've been busy all day and I am wresting with one of the great mysteries of the universe. In a few days it's my wife's birthday, and it just came to me that a guy should never mention her age, yet it's a mortal sin to forget her birthday. I need to sit down and relax for awhile. Somehow I feel I'm either dancing on thin ice or juggling live grenades.

Please, what's on tap, and it really needs to be cold. Hmm, where's the dart board?

I'll join you with a Canadian Club.
I once drank Canada Dry, so they deported me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:32 am 

I was just reminded of a funny story from the previous forum that I thought I ought to share with you all to show how much more friendly spammers used to be.

A member signed up and set up a thread selling irons. Fair enough, open and shut case: he's a spammer, he's now banned. All well and good.

Until this evening, when he emails me asking two things:

1 - why was he banned?

and

2 - while he has my attention, would I like to buy an iron?

Suddenly our recent spam invasion seems very amateur. :lol:

Please report forum problems to us, via PM/Feedback Thread. Screenshots will also help.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:37 am 

P-F1 Mod wrote:
I was just reminded of a funny story from the previous forum that I thought I ought to share with you all to show how much more friendly spammers used to be.

A member signed up and set up a thread selling irons. Fair enough, open and shut case: he's a spammer, he's now banned. All well and good.

Until this evening, when he emails me asking two things:

1 - why was he banned?

and

2 - while he has my attention, would I like to buy an iron?

Suddenly our recent spam invasion seems very amateur. :lol:

Send him a STARCH response and tell him to get the CREASES out of his approach.
Tell him that although he's a spammer, the IRONy is that You don't really want to put his name on the banned BOARD with the other trolls.

Try that Pf1mod and things should STEAM more clear and You will be happy You haven't BOSCHed the way You handled it.
8)

Edit: Hope everything FOLDS nicely with this one.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:46 am 

A week ago, three of my employees complained that someone has been ransacking the fridge and the kitchen area, opening their lunch bags, stealing food from the fridge and other stuff from the cabinets. I had a sign put up that the kitchen door should be kept locked at all times and all employees would be provided with a key. Today, a completely different employee complained that it was a pain getting to the kitchen now that it was locked because he had to make sure he was carrying the key around all the time and in the end he blamed me saying "You shouldn't inconvenience everybody else just to accommodate 2-3 people complaining of their food being stolen". I said "You've got a good point there, what do you want me to do?". He said he wanted the door kept open again to which I replied "I'd like to accommodate you, problem is you're the only person complaining about it....". He stared for a second and I thought I overdid it for a second but then he said "Right, I'm taking down the sign too".

A tall cold one please. Thank God it's Friday.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:57 am 

falb wrote:
A week ago, three of my employees complained that someone has been ransacking the fridge and the kitchen area, opening their lunch bags, stealing food from the fridge and other stuff from the cabinets. I had a sign put up that the kitchen door should be kept locked at all times and all employees would be provided with a key. Today, a completely different employee complained that it was a pain getting to the kitchen now that it was locked because he had to make sure he was carrying the key around all the time and in the end he blamed me saying "You shouldn't inconvenience everybody else just to accommodate 2-3 people complaining of their food being stolen". I said "You've got a good point there, what do you want me to do?". He said he wanted the door kept open again to which I replied "I'd like to accommodate you, problem is you're the only person complaining about it....". He stared for a second and I thought I overdid it for a second but then he said "Right, I'm taking down the sign too".

What's your location Falb.
It's 5am here now. Edit: "on Saturday morning"

Guessing your ay least 75 degrees West of Greenwich.

Editx2: if all employees have a key, isn't that the same as if the kitchen was open :lol:
Have a double JD too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:10 pm 

Hmm, got anything really strong that won't react with painkillers? I broke my finger...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:27 pm 

Tufty wrote:
Hmm, got anything really strong that won't react with painkillers? I broke my finger...

Nothing gets much stronger than that :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:26 am 

Aww, thanks!!!

Word to the wise, everyone: don't stick your fingers in a printer, even to fix it. The printer suddenly crushes them without warning.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:11 pm 

*contemplates naughty joke..... refrains*

Bartender, an ice cold Mountain Dew please....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:36 pm 

ToughGuy wrote:
falb wrote:

What's your location Falb.
It's 5am here now. Edit: "on Saturday morning"

Guessing your ay least 75 degrees West of Greenwich.

Editx2: if all employees have a key, isn't that the same as if the kitchen was open :lol:
Have a double JD too.

I live in Boston US and as for the keys, I should have mentioned that our kitchen is open to anyone, not just our employees so the first purpose of locking the door was to make sure that no outsider created problems any longer. The second purpose is to send a subtle message to the insider culprit (if that's the case) to beware.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:42 pm 

What happened to the swear filter? old speckled hen please bartender.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:10 pm 

When I was managing a company back in the late 70s, the managing director ,who also used the staff canteen, told me the place was like a pig sty & would I do something about it.
So at lunch time the next day I spoke to the crew & told them that the MD was upset at the state of the place. They were unimpressed. They were unimpressed.
So I told them that he said they were not fit to eat with pigs.
A huge outcry ensued.
I said don't worry i defended you, & they nodded in approval.
I said. I told him that you were. Almost lynched.
I then told them that if things did not improve I was reducing the 10 Am 10 minute tea break to 15 minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:54 pm 

NEED BEER NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:11 pm 

*rolls barrel down bar top*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:03 pm 

^^ Cheers^^

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:38 pm 
Staggers in, takes off his parka and snowshoes, looks around and squints in the friendly low light.

Man, I've got to get some faster snowshoes, either I'm getting slower or those polar bears are getting quicker. Evening folks, it's a fine day, no, it's a great day. Not only is it Freyaday, but today marks the official start of the season. This is what I've been waiting all winter for, and finally, time to celebrate.

Barkeep, or wench, do you have any Foster's, in commemoration of the race in Australia?

CLINK

Cheers all.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:54 pm 

Blinky McSquinty wrote:
Staggers in, takes off his parka and snowshoes, looks around and squints in the friendly low light.

Man, I've got to get some faster snowshoes, either I'm getting slower or those polar bears are getting quicker. Evening folks, it's a fine day, no, it's a great day. Not only is it Freyaday, but today marks the official start of the season. This is what I've been waiting all winter for, and finally, time to celebrate.

Barkeep, or wench, do you have any Foster's, in commemoration of the race in Australia?

CLINK

Cheers all.

*Slides Fosters down bar top*

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:55 pm 
Tanky

Glug glug, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:00 pm 

Oh my this place dead :-((

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:47 am 

Dave, this place is never dead. Every so often we all pass out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:01 am 

*Groans from corner booth*