planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:54 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:44 am 

Anyone used it.

http://literatureandlatte.com/

It's pretty cheap at $40 so I'll likely go and buy it but I wondered if anyone had used it and if so how they got on with it.

Thanks for any words of wisdom you can offer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:46 am 

Well I brought it and I love it.

If you're do write longer pieces of work such as a novel or you're writing your thesis etc. you might want to consider this. It allows you to create chapters or sections. It has areas to allow research and planning. All of these are good things including a very agressive autosave means it's near impossible to lose anything by accidently closing a document or the power cutting out on your desktop.

One extremely useful feature is it works seamlessly with online backup services such as as Dropbox to allow you to work from different computers without interuption.

There's a free trial too. :thumbup: :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:34 am 

Lol u replied to u own question already :lol:
Well I hope it will help you out. Do you like writing?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:35 pm 

Once I realised there was a trial it was a no brainer. After a few days of using it and I brought it. $40 is a nice affordable price.

As for the writing. I love a bit of creative writing. It's a hobby sort of thing at the moment. I have loved reading for as long as I can remember and a few years ago I rediscovered writing stories as well. If I ever sell anything that would be very cool but as a pastime it beats watching TV :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:12 pm 

But does it beat the system of having countless word documents, excel files, text files, hand written notes, emails to self, random thought while taking a shower, sketches on the back of envelope, dreams... all scattered all over the place on various place at differing stages of completeness that have kept most amateur authors not quite completing their magnum opus for the last few centuries?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:47 pm 

MrMuttley wrote:
Once I realised there was a trial it was a no brainer. After a few days of using it and I brought it. $40 is a nice affordable price.

As for the writing. I love a bit of creative writing. It's a hobby sort of thing at the moment. I have loved reading for as long as I can remember and a few years ago I rediscovered writing stories as well. If I ever sell anything that would be very cool but as a pastime it beats watching TV :lol:

I like writing stories too, mostly fantasy fairy tale like stories. I loved thinking up stories since I was a kid. I also loved imagining F1 races with sometims very surprising outcomes but never actually write a story about that. For my stories I just use the old MS Word 2003, still working fine for me and I can make a table of contents in there too without too much effort.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:12 pm 

I use a free alternative: yWriter.

Probably not as slick as a paid-for version but does everything I need it to do :) http://www.spacejock.com/yWriter.html