planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:52 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules






Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Where is everybody?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:51 am
Posts: 1049
Does the forum feel really empty since the changeover or is it just me?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is everybody?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 11:45 am
Posts: 830
phyz wrote:
Does the forum feel really empty since the changeover or is it just me?


It does feel empty, but it is the off season, so let's wait and see.

_________________
Apparently religious people didn't like my signature, hah! Don't read it if you are so offended by it.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion. - Robert Pirsig


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is everybody?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 656
Everyone's been arrested and taken down the cells.
Pf1mod is trying to get them all out on bail at this very moment

_________________
RHCP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7IupYmj ... ure=relmfu


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is everybody?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:16 pm
Posts: 3479
Location: Belgium
ToughGuy wrote:
Everyone's been arrested and taken down the cells.
Pf1mod is trying to get them all out on bail at this very moment


Maybe this is the wrath of Eurytus...

Plus I see so few names of the older gang or maybe they are on different threads. I usually stay away from the real fanthreads. I have seen many new names but many not that active.

_________________
F1 fan since 1989
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is everybody?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:21 am
Posts: 3530
It's the off-season, and combine that with the many teething problems this forum had [and indeed still has] and people are giving it a wide berth for a while.

On the bright side, that gives us less actual moderation to do, so it's all sort of swings and roundabouts really :wink:

_________________
AlienTurnedHuman wrote:
Eurytus probably thought he was God. At least until he was banned. Which means if he was God, it makes me very scared of PF1-Mod.

Please report forum problems to us, via PM/Feedback Thread. Screenshots will also help.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is everybody?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 656
P-F1 Mod wrote:
It's the off-season, and combine that with the many teething problems this forum had [and indeed still has] and people are giving it a wide berth for a while.

On the bright side, that gives us less actual moderation to do, so it's all sort of swings and roundabouts really :wink:


i can give you a few moderation things to do if you want to stay busy :]
and it wont affect this working relationship :lol:

_________________
RHCP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7IupYmj ... ure=relmfu


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is everybody?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:34 pm
Posts: 22
We are all hiding under PF1's desks! Any second now we will all jump out and scare you :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is everybody?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:25 pm
Posts: 186
I personally hardly post during the off-season - probably won't post as much once it's going again either given I don't have Sky and can't post immediately after or even during races when there is the most activity.

_________________
Forza Ferrari


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is everybody?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 656
Chris_Booth wrote:
We are all hiding under PF1's desks! Any second now we will all jump out and scare you :lol:


Image

_________________
RHCP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7IupYmj ... ure=relmfu


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is everybody?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:57 am
Posts: 1010
At first I didn't think it was much different but now I'm really starting to notice it! Hopefully they'll all come back...we don't bite...much...
:twisted:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is everybody?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 65
Amon wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:
Everyone's been arrested and taken down the cells.
Pf1mod is trying to get them all out on bail at this very moment


Maybe this is the wrath of Eurytus...

Plus I see so few names of the older gang or maybe they are on different threads. I usually stay away from the real fanthreads. I have seen many new names but many not that active.


Aw please, they way folks are going on its as if he was some sort of evil all encompassing cyber Borg of repressed rage who will smite all who subsequently post

To quote Monty Python "he (was) just a naughty boy"

The forum has over 17, OOO members signed up in weeks (170 logged in as I write)

It´s the off season wait till it starts and Massa and Hamilton collide or Kimi takes out Alonso etc etc yadda yadda yadda and watch the place go mad :)

If it doesn´t I´ll concede that you have a point but at the moment I think its a bit premature to make such a judgement.

It´s gonna be a great season whatever happens here :]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is everybody?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:57 am
Posts: 33
As it's the off season, I'm less inclined to post. That and I haven't been posting as much recently anyway.

On that note: Mods, could you reset my post count to the ~6000 it was before the switchover? I'd like some sort of forum-indicator of how awesome my posts are. Thanks! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is everybody?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 1963
Location: Colwyn Bay, North Wales
Quality not quantity, soapy :wink:

_________________
Organiser of the single most low-tech Robot Wars tournament in history, PM for details!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is everybody?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:21 am
Posts: 3530
We cannot reset post counts!!

Nor is there anyone hiding under our desks - mine's got too many boxes under it for anyone to fit in :wink:

_________________
AlienTurnedHuman wrote:
Eurytus probably thought he was God. At least until he was banned. Which means if he was God, it makes me very scared of PF1-Mod.

Please report forum problems to us, via PM/Feedback Thread. Screenshots will also help.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is everybody?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:57 am
Posts: 33
Tufty wrote:
Quality not quantity, soapy :wink:

I've found that only one of those comes naturally to me! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is everybody?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 1963
Location: Colwyn Bay, North Wales
Ieatsoap6 wrote:
Tufty wrote:
Quality not quantity, soapy :wink:

I've found that only one of those comes naturally to me! :lol:

Same here, how else would I have made 7.5k posts?!

_________________
Organiser of the single most low-tech Robot Wars tournament in history, PM for details!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is everybody?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:07 pm
Posts: 524
Log into the Sky and BBC's complaint forums and you'll find all the missing members ;)

_________________
Always finish what you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is everybody?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 656
Image
Found them. Held captive by rival f1 forum

_________________
RHCP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7IupYmj ... ure=relmfu


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is everybody?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:07 pm
Posts: 668
I am overloaded with work (which is not a bad thing in the middle of this crisis) and down with an on-and-off flu :evil:

But as soon as the cars are roaring I'll find a way to be around much more often! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is everybody?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 1963
Location: Colwyn Bay, North Wales
morgana wrote:
I am overloaded with work (which is not a bad thing in the middle of this crisis) and down with an on-and-off flu :evil:

But as soon as the cars are roaring I'll find a way to be around much more often! :D

You better had, I've been missing the sense of sanity your posts bring to this forum!

Well, maybe not sanity... :wink:

_________________
Organiser of the single most low-tech Robot Wars tournament in history, PM for details!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is everybody?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 6650
morgana wrote:
I am overloaded with work (which is not a bad thing in the middle of this crisis) and down with an on-and-off flu :evil:

But as soon as the cars are roaring I'll find a way to be around much more often! :D


Same here, haven't been here for almost a week now. So much work, can't really complain as you put it, but I don't get paid for overtime either, which sucks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Where is everybody?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:36 pm
Posts: 12
Like watching paint dry


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group