planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:53 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:05 pm 

I was just given a "re-sealable bag" of 5 Cadbury roses strawberry soft center chocolates.

Now I am a self confessed pig, but a resealable bag for 5 soft center chocolates individually wrapped seems like the most useless thing ever seen to me.

I know of things like a chocolate teapot, an ashtray on a motorcycle etc, any other offers?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:44 pm 

Don't be so harsh on the chocolate teapot...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-29126161

2015 - 6th

Pick 10 Podiums:
1st Place: USA 2012, Japan 2013, USA 2015
2nd Place: Bahrain 2015, Barcelona 2015
3rd Place: China 2014

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:06 pm 

moby wrote:
I was just given a "re-sealable bag" of 5 Cadbury roses strawberry soft center chocolates.

Now I am a self confessed pig, but a resealable bag for 5 soft center chocolates individually wrapped seems like the most useless thing ever seen to me.

I know of things like a chocolate teapot, an ashtray on a motorcycle etc, any other offers?

Couldn't you use the bag for something else with a longer life after you've devoured the chocolates? Doesn't seem that useless to me. The idea of resealing a bag with five chocolates in is completely stupid, but it's not the bag's fault.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:14 pm 

flyboy10 wrote:
moby wrote:

Couldn't you use the bag for something else with a longer life after you've devoured the chocolates? Doesn't seem that useless to me. The idea of resealing a bag with five chocolates in is completely stupid, but it's not the bag's fault.

Yeh, I put the empty wrappers in it. (then binned it) :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:16 pm 

moby wrote:
flyboy10 wrote:
moby wrote:

What a waste. You could have kept special tobacco in it ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:18 pm 

flyboy10 wrote:
moby wrote:
flyboy10 wrote:
moby wrote:

What a waste. You could have kept special tobacco in it ;)

I have a silicone lined leather pouch for my Borkum Riff. I tend to only break it out about 3-4 times a year now though. A spring walk on the beach and a hip flask sort of thing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:00 pm 

Resealable plastic bags are great for putting your mobile phone in when out walkinr, running or cycling on rainy days. I do so much cycling that I've got a made to measure plastic wallet for my phone to keep it safe, however most people use plastic bags so that rain, or indeed sweat doesn't get on the phone if you have it with you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:24 pm 

the appendix??

(unless you make a living cutting them out!)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:53 pm 

Asphalt_World wrote:
Resealable plastic bags are great for putting your mobile phone in when out walkinr, running or cycling on rainy days. I do so much cycling that I've got a made to measure plastic wallet for my phone to keep it safe, however most people use plastic bags so that rain, or indeed sweat doesn't get on the phone if you have it with you.

Dont forget to put the little scrap of chamos in to grab the condensation.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:32 am 
Most hot dog wiener packages contain ten wieners. But most hot dog bun packages have eight buns ....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:26 am 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:28 am 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:34 am 

Blinky McSquinty wrote:
Most hot dog wiener packages contain ten wieners. But most hot dog bun packages have eight buns ....

That's true n the UK too! But the wholesaler I get mine from have 'American style hotdog finger buns' which come in packs of 5 - very handy ;)

I'm also going out on a limb here and in answer to the OP I'm saying my ex :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:45 pm 

minchy wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:

That's true n the UK too! But the wholesaler I get mine from have 'American style hotdog finger buns' which come in packs of 5 - very handy ;)

I'm also going out on a limb here and in answer to the OP I'm saying my ex :twisted:

" for the cook to "test" of course :lol:

(oops, messed up, that was supposed to be a reply to blinkey :-(( )

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:52 pm 

moby wrote:
minchy wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:

Cause I don't get the 2 hotdogs for the cook :-((

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:29 pm 

painless wrote:
the appendix??

(unless you make a living cutting them out!)

I am having mine cut out in two weeks. Nice to know I'm keeping people in work 8O

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:18 pm 

minchy wrote:
moby wrote:
minchy wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:

Say you dropped them in the ash :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:02 pm 

moby wrote:
minchy wrote:
moby wrote:
minchy wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:

Say you dropped them in the ash :D

Well now we're back onto resalable bags again!!! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:54 pm 

Blinky McSquinty wrote:

Man up and eat 40 hot dogs at a time. Problem solved!

LOL, wiener.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:22 pm 

Phoning government workers at 4:15 on a Friday afternoon (or should this go in annoyances?)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:04 am 

mac_d wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:

Man up and eat 40 hot dogs at a time. Problem solved!

LOL, wiener.

Hahaha, the American style hotdogs I buy here in Oz come in a pack of six & the hot dog bun packages have - surprise, surprise - six buns :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:23 pm 

Behold the Oreo dipping spoon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:40 pm 

MrMuttley wrote:

Is it for holding your biscuit while you dunk it in your tea/coffee?

That is the only possible and probably scenario I can come up with.

If I have some nice Chocolate HobNobs to dip in my coffee, I can dunk well over half the surface area of the biscuit while keeping my fingers away from the drink. That's plenty dunked. I could see some benefit to getting complete dunkage but seems like an over-engineered solution*.

* - Reminds me of that old space story about the USA developing the space pen and the Russians just used a pencil etc. I know it's not even accurate and even if it was it would be a terrible basis for the over-engineered solution analogy. We invented the internal combustion engine, we travelled to the moon, we made a system where almost anyone can access almost any piece of information and now, at the pinacle we have a all hail the mods spoon to stick your snack in your tea.

FYI -
Chocolate Hobnob is king of the dunkables. (McVities never answered my email asking for some more of these to share with people in my office - I have a lot of free time...)
Kit Kat (4 finger, 2 finger or Dark Chocolate 2 finger) all possible alternatives - The sturdy biscuit core and shape mean I have never seen a kitkat break mid drink.

Never dunked Oreo cookies. Never much cared for them. But I'm not much of a sweet tooth when snacking. Never dunked a cream filled sandwich of a biscuit treat either, so don't know if they require tools to handle.... but I'd guess not.

Unrelated, but I should really learn to write better rather than using parenthesis all the bloody time. I do it a LOT.

Edit: And it's just a all hail the mods spoon? I assumed it was specificially designed in some advanced way. I never clicked to find out until after I posted.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:31 pm 

Just remembered. I have a little plastic thing for "printing" a shamrock in the head of my Guinness

(Rather use a real rock)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:04 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:05 pm 

runningman67 wrote:

HaHaHaHa, never seen that before. 8O

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:08 am 

painless wrote:
Phoning government workers at 4:15 on a Friday afternoon (or should this go in annoyances?)

The most optimistic phone call ever at least!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:38 pm 

James14 wrote:
painless wrote:

The most optimistic phone call ever at least!

Not necessarily, it turns out that when you owe them a few thousand and get the number of the debt office, they answer really quickly :]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:01 pm 

MrMuttley wrote:

Looks as though it may be used as one of these.