planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:53 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules






Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 8064
I was just given a "re-sealable bag" of 5 Cadbury roses strawberry soft center chocolates.

Now I am a self confessed pig, but a resealable bag for 5 soft center chocolates individually wrapped seems like the most useless thing ever seen to me.

I know of things like a chocolate teapot, an ashtray on a motorcycle etc, any other offers?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:44 pm
Posts: 1013
Don't be so harsh on the chocolate teapot...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-29126161

_________________
Pick 10 Competition:
2013 - 10th
2014 - 9th
2015 - 6th


Pick 10 Podiums:
1st Place: USA 2012, Japan 2013, USA 2015
2nd Place: Bahrain 2015, Barcelona 2015
3rd Place: China 2014


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 5402
moby wrote:
I was just given a "re-sealable bag" of 5 Cadbury roses strawberry soft center chocolates.

Now I am a self confessed pig, but a resealable bag for 5 soft center chocolates individually wrapped seems like the most useless thing ever seen to me.

I know of things like a chocolate teapot, an ashtray on a motorcycle etc, any other offers?

Couldn't you use the bag for something else with a longer life after you've devoured the chocolates? Doesn't seem that useless to me. The idea of resealing a bag with five chocolates in is completely stupid, but it's not the bag's fault.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 8064
flyboy10 wrote:
moby wrote:
I was just given a "re-sealable bag" of 5 Cadbury roses strawberry soft center chocolates.

Now I am a self confessed pig, but a resealable bag for 5 soft center chocolates individually wrapped seems like the most useless thing ever seen to me.

I know of things like a chocolate teapot, an ashtray on a motorcycle etc, any other offers?

Couldn't you use the bag for something else with a longer life after you've devoured the chocolates? Doesn't seem that useless to me. The idea of resealing a bag with five chocolates in is completely stupid, but it's not the bag's fault.


Yeh, I put the empty wrappers in it. (then binned it) :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 5402
moby wrote:
flyboy10 wrote:
moby wrote:
I was just given a "re-sealable bag" of 5 Cadbury roses strawberry soft center chocolates.

Now I am a self confessed pig, but a resealable bag for 5 soft center chocolates individually wrapped seems like the most useless thing ever seen to me.

I know of things like a chocolate teapot, an ashtray on a motorcycle etc, any other offers?

Couldn't you use the bag for something else with a longer life after you've devoured the chocolates? Doesn't seem that useless to me. The idea of resealing a bag with five chocolates in is completely stupid, but it's not the bag's fault.


Yeh, I put the empty wrappers in it. (then binned it) :D

What a waste. You could have kept special tobacco in it ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 8064
flyboy10 wrote:
moby wrote:
flyboy10 wrote:
moby wrote:
I was just given a "re-sealable bag" of 5 Cadbury roses strawberry soft center chocolates.

Now I am a self confessed pig, but a resealable bag for 5 soft center chocolates individually wrapped seems like the most useless thing ever seen to me.

I know of things like a chocolate teapot, an ashtray on a motorcycle etc, any other offers?

Couldn't you use the bag for something else with a longer life after you've devoured the chocolates? Doesn't seem that useless to me. The idea of resealing a bag with five chocolates in is completely stupid, but it's not the bag's fault.


Yeh, I put the empty wrappers in it. (then binned it) :D

What a waste. You could have kept special tobacco in it ;)

I have a silicone lined leather pouch for my Borkum Riff. I tend to only break it out about 3-4 times a year now though. A spring walk on the beach and a hip flask sort of thing


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm
Posts: 3653
Resealable plastic bags are great for putting your mobile phone in when out walkinr, running or cycling on rainy days. I do so much cycling that I've got a made to measure plastic wallet for my phone to keep it safe, however most people use plastic bags so that rain, or indeed sweat doesn't get on the phone if you have it with you.

_________________
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. [Lord Acton]
My own Google Earth Motor Sport file. http://www.mediafire.com/?jzm1ieatytv
Follow me @asphalt_world


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:03 pm
Posts: 354
the appendix??

(unless you make a living cutting them out!)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 8064
Asphalt_World wrote:
Resealable plastic bags are great for putting your mobile phone in when out walkinr, running or cycling on rainy days. I do so much cycling that I've got a made to measure plastic wallet for my phone to keep it safe, however most people use plastic bags so that rain, or indeed sweat doesn't get on the phone if you have it with you.


Dont forget to put the little scrap of chamos in to grab the condensation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:32 am 
Most hot dog wiener packages contain ten wieners. But most hot dog bun packages have eight buns ....


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:53 pm
Posts: 1098
Location: Ireland
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:54 pm
Posts: 202
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm
Posts: 5227
Blinky McSquinty wrote:
Most hot dog wiener packages contain ten wieners. But most hot dog bun packages have eight buns ....

That's true n the UK too! But the wholesaler I get mine from have 'American style hotdog finger buns' which come in packs of 5 - very handy ;)

I'm also going out on a limb here and in answer to the OP I'm saying my ex :twisted:

_________________
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 8064
minchy wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:
Most hot dog wiener packages contain ten wieners. But most hot dog bun packages have eight buns ....

That's true n the UK too! But the wholesaler I get mine from have 'American style hotdog finger buns' which come in packs of 5 - very handy ;)

I'm also going out on a limb here and in answer to the OP I'm saying my ex :twisted:



" for the cook to "test" of course :lol:

(oops, messed up, that was supposed to be a reply to blinkey :-(( )


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm
Posts: 5227
moby wrote:
minchy wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:
Most hot dog wiener packages contain ten wieners. But most hot dog bun packages have eight buns ....

That's true n the UK too! But the wholesaler I get mine from have 'American style hotdog finger buns' which come in packs of 5 - very handy ;)

I'm also going out on a limb here and in answer to the OP I'm saying my ex :twisted:



" for the cook to "test" of course :lol:

(oops, messed up, that was supposed to be a reply to blinkey :-(( )

Cause I don't get the 2 hotdogs for the cook :-((

_________________
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:36 pm
Posts: 1390
painless wrote:
the appendix??

(unless you make a living cutting them out!)



I am having mine cut out in two weeks. Nice to know I'm keeping people in work 8O


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 8064
minchy wrote:
moby wrote:
minchy wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:
Most hot dog wiener packages contain ten wieners. But most hot dog bun packages have eight buns ....

That's true n the UK too! But the wholesaler I get mine from have 'American style hotdog finger buns' which come in packs of 5 - very handy ;)

I'm also going out on a limb here and in answer to the OP I'm saying my ex :twisted:



" for the cook to "test" of course :lol:

(oops, messed up, that was supposed to be a reply to blinkey :-(( )

Cause I don't get the 2 hotdogs for the cook :-((


Say you dropped them in the ash :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm
Posts: 5227
moby wrote:
minchy wrote:
moby wrote:
minchy wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:
Most hot dog wiener packages contain ten wieners. But most hot dog bun packages have eight buns ....

That's true n the UK too! But the wholesaler I get mine from have 'American style hotdog finger buns' which come in packs of 5 - very handy ;)

I'm also going out on a limb here and in answer to the OP I'm saying my ex :twisted:



" for the cook to "test" of course :lol:

(oops, messed up, that was supposed to be a reply to blinkey :-(( )

Cause I don't get the 2 hotdogs for the cook :-((


Say you dropped them in the ash :D

Well now we're back onto resalable bags again!!! ;)

_________________
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:41 pm
Posts: 4219
Blinky McSquinty wrote:
Most hot dog wiener packages contain ten wieners. But most hot dog bun packages have eight buns ....


Man up and eat 40 hot dogs at a time. Problem solved!

LOL, wiener.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:03 pm
Posts: 354
Phoning government workers at 4:15 on a Friday afternoon (or should this go in annoyances?)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:45 am
Posts: 1434
Location: Sydney, Australia
mac_d wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:
Most hot dog wiener packages contain ten wieners. But most hot dog bun packages have eight buns ....


Man up and eat 40 hot dogs at a time. Problem solved!

LOL, wiener.

Hahaha, the American style hotdogs I buy here in Oz come in a pack of six & the hot dog bun packages have - surprise, surprise - six buns :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:12 am
Posts: 580
Behold the Oreo dipping spoon.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:41 pm
Posts: 4219
MrMuttley wrote:
Behold the Oreo dipping spoon.

Image


Is it for holding your biscuit while you dunk it in your tea/coffee?

That is the only possible and probably scenario I can come up with.

If I have some nice Chocolate HobNobs to dip in my coffee, I can dunk well over half the surface area of the biscuit while keeping my fingers away from the drink. That's plenty dunked. I could see some benefit to getting complete dunkage but seems like an over-engineered solution*.

* - Reminds me of that old space story about the USA developing the space pen and the Russians just used a pencil etc. I know it's not even accurate and even if it was it would be a terrible basis for the over-engineered solution analogy. We invented the internal combustion engine, we travelled to the moon, we made a system where almost anyone can access almost any piece of information and now, at the pinacle we have a all hail the mods spoon to stick your snack in your tea.


FYI -
Chocolate Hobnob is king of the dunkables. (McVities never answered my email asking for some more of these to share with people in my office - I have a lot of free time...)
Kit Kat (4 finger, 2 finger or Dark Chocolate 2 finger) all possible alternatives - The sturdy biscuit core and shape mean I have never seen a kitkat break mid drink.

Never dunked Oreo cookies. Never much cared for them. But I'm not much of a sweet tooth when snacking. Never dunked a cream filled sandwich of a biscuit treat either, so don't know if they require tools to handle.... but I'd guess not.

Unrelated, but I should really learn to write better rather than using parenthesis all the bloody time. I do it a LOT.

Edit: And it's just a all hail the mods spoon? I assumed it was specificially designed in some advanced way. I never clicked to find out until after I posted.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 8064
Just remembered. I have a little plastic thing for "printing" a shamrock in the head of my Guinness

(Rather use a real rock)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:36 pm
Posts: 1390
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 8064
runningman67 wrote:
Image



HaHaHaHa, never seen that before. 8O


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:53 pm
Posts: 1098
Location: Ireland
painless wrote:
Phoning government workers at 4:15 on a Friday afternoon (or should this go in annoyances?)


The most optimistic phone call ever at least!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm
Posts: 5227
James14 wrote:
painless wrote:
Phoning government workers at 4:15 on a Friday afternoon (or should this go in annoyances?)


The most optimistic phone call ever at least!

Not necessarily, it turns out that when you owe them a few thousand and get the number of the debt office, they answer really quickly :]

_________________
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:52 am
Posts: 2622
MrMuttley wrote:
Behold the Oreo dipping spoon.

Image

Looks as though it may be used as one of these.

_________________
Where I'm going, I don't need roads


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group