planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:19 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules






Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: planetF1 web site issue
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:24 pm
Posts: 121
Recently I have been running into a very very serious problem.

When I click on a link (say to go into a certain page of a thread, but pretty much anything within the site) a new page opens up with an advert. and nothing else and it stops there.

What is going on ? is anyone else experiencing this ?

(Mac OSX 10.7.5)

PS: it even happened just now after I clicked on the submit button! it is a true nightmare.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:38 pm
Posts: 2553
You should put this in the feedback thread.. Pretty sure I've heard of the problem there.
http://forum.planet-f1.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:41 pm
Posts: 4218
Not the kind of nightmare they make films about.

Are you using Safari? As a short term fix, you could try getting Firefox or Chrome or the like. They might work better though I have little experience with Macs so this may be poor advice.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:22 am
Posts: 1849
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Never had a single pop up on this site. Sounds more like an issue on your end to me. Installed any new programs lately?

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
Podiums: 1st Spa '16, 1st Bahrain '15, 1st China '14, 1st Malaysia '14
Championship position 2014: 13th | | 2015: 10th (heading the right way)
PF1 Autosport GP Predictor 2014: Second 2015: Second


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:38 pm
Posts: 2553
Blackhander wrote:
Never had a single pop up on this site. Sounds more like an issue on your end to me. Installed any new programs lately?


Actually it happens to me too at times. Normally a bet365 advert which would be logical as the site is owned by them if I'm not mistaken?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:41 pm
Posts: 4218
Mr-E wrote:
Blackhander wrote:
Never had a single pop up on this site. Sounds more like an issue on your end to me. Installed any new programs lately?


Actually it happens to me too at times. Normally a bet365 advert which would be logical as the site is owned by them if I'm not mistaken?


Other than everyone's favourite South African based survey, I haven't had any pop ups. But I use Firefox/Chrome both with adblocker (which is a bit of a dick move but makes my life easier).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:22 am
Posts: 1849
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Actually I do get the south African host survey come up every now and then. Usually only once a month or so. Using safari without any blocking. As far as I can see though I don't have any banners or anything. Never really taken much notice before.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
Podiums: 1st Spa '16, 1st Bahrain '15, 1st China '14, 1st Malaysia '14
Championship position 2014: 13th | | 2015: 10th (heading the right way)
PF1 Autosport GP Predictor 2014: Second 2015: Second


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:24 pm
Posts: 121
Mr-E wrote:
Blackhander wrote:
Never had a single pop up on this site. Sounds more like an issue on your end to me. Installed any new programs lately?


Actually it happens to me too at times. Normally a bet365 advert which would be logical as the site is owned by them if I'm not mistaken?


yep - that is it.

Pretty disgusting indeed. I was not even able to visit the forum for a few days, it had become a nightmare. Now, suddenly, it seems to have stopped. We shall see.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:24 pm
Posts: 121
wow !

it looks like I am the only one around here experiencing this awful problem. Then it must have to do with my settings (OS, browser) ?

By the way it still happens on my desktop but less frequently. However on my iPhone it is impossible to use the forums because of that issue, just impossible. The page with the commercial keeps coming up.

By the way it is not a "classic" pop-up (those I have blocked and just never happen). What it is is that when I click for example on a certain page of a thread or a thread title, it just loads the advert instead (an empty page except for a banner on the top). So I go back, and click again on the link I wanted and repeat a few times until I get the page I want, or give up entirely as I have to do on my iPhone.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:24 pm
Posts: 121
Mr-E wrote:
You should put this in the feedback thread.. Pretty sure I've heard of the problem there.
http://forum.planet-f1.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16



thank you. Now posted there as well. Will monitor that thread from now on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:09 pm
Posts: 4317
Location: LONDON...!
windwaves wrote:
Recently I have been running into a very very serious problem.

When I click on a link (say to go into a certain page of a thread, but pretty much anything within the site) a new page opens up with an advert. and nothing else and it stops there.

What is going on ? is anyone else experiencing this ?

(Mac OSX 10.7.5)

PS: it even happened just now after I clicked on the submit button! it is a true nightmare.

There's your problem, your using a mac ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group