planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:33 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Post subject: Freeserve emails
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:22 pm 

I've been to the website of what used to be Freeserve and has also been Wanadoo, Orange and now EE to find someone who can help me to do what I think should be relatively simple.

I've even joined the EE community but they only seem to be able to offer advice on mobile phones.

What I want to do is manage emails (delete and forward) from the server as soon as they arrive based on who they're from, rather than having to either sift through them or download them to Outlook and do the automatic forwarding and deletion from there.

Does anyone here know how to do this or where I could go to find out? I'm desperate.

Post subject: Re: Freeserve emails
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:18 am 

I doubt you will be able to do it - it will be a very basic pop3/imap server . Features like you want are available on office365

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:52 pm 

I dont think you'll be able to do that with that type of email account flyboy, as colin said it'll be very limited in what you can do.
What I'd suggest is sign up for something like a GMail mailbox, then you could use the 'check mail from other accounts' option to pull your mail across from your current mailbox into that, then you would be able to set filters to do things like trash, forward them onto another address, label them. If you want to send from that address of your existing email, you can also do that from a Gmail mailbox using the 'send mail as' setting.

Hope this helps

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:06 pm 

Thank you. I may be making it more complicated than it needs to be but I have a ".fsnet.co.uk" account which I receive emails from via Microsoft Outlook every time I log on to my PC/Laptop. My "Personal_name@My_Personal_Domain_Name.co.uk" address is hosted by 123reg so there's already one level of redirection going on.

What I don't want to do is have all my mail arriving at a gmail account and then having to log on anyway before any of it will get forwarded and/or deleted.

At university, I used web outlook (Outlook Web App?) and it would do all of the forwarding and deleting even without me having to log into it - which MS Outlook on my PC won't do until I log in.

I basically want the emails to have my own personal address (which 123reg should be able to deal with) redirected to a POP/SMTP server so that I can open any mails using MS Outlook 2010 on my laptop.

Somewhere in the middle of that, I'd like emails that I regard as spam to disappear without even coming near my visual field and for selected emails to come to my mobile phone.