planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:09 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:45 am 

Well I loved Star Wars when I was a kid and now just knowing there will be a new one in 2015 there is no title for the new flim yet so I want you guys to come up with a good or funny title for the new flim.

Examples:
Star Wars:Rise of the Jedi
Star Wars:Return of Jar Jar Binks (my worst nightmare).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:05 am 

Star Wars: Chronicles of Chewbacca :P
or Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back...Again

More seriously, I don't know.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:04 am 

"Oh God, not another one" :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:19 am 

"Young Yoda"

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:56 am 

The Millennium Wheel Chair

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:18 am 

"A step too far"?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:24 am 

Looking forward to it.
Return of the Zimmer frame.

The Empire Strikes Back Again.

I still fancy Carrie Fisher :blush: which is fine because she isn't my sister.

Last edited by runningman67 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:01 am 

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

STAR WARS

Episode VII:
Pirates of Degobah.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:02 am 

I heard rumours it's working title is "The Ancient Fear". Which sounds... well, crap.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:30 pm 

Star Wars: The Hopefully Last Stand

Yeah I really hate Star Wars sorry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:31 pm 

Amon wrote:
Star Wars: The Hopefully Last Stand

Yeah I really hate Star Wars sorry

Well there's gonna be at least three more along with two spinoff movies, so good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:58 pm 

Might have to see if they'll offer us prizes if any of these wonderfully serious ideas for titles are actually right!

Edit: Tomorrow's lesson will be about posting serious things and sticking to topics. Even I seem to have forgotten how to be strawberry.

Please report forum problems to us, via PM/Feedback Thread. Screenshots will also help.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:50 pm 

Star wars VII: death of a saga

or

Star wars VII: the milking of the franchise

or possibly

Star Wars VII: you'll watch it and buy the toys anyway

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:52 pm 

The Return Of The Empire. Maybe not!

A New Dawn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:21 pm 

Star Wars: The Clone... Clone Wars? The Clone Wars Wars? The... Oh just give it up, Lucas broke it enough as it is.

Or is that too snappy?

Please report forum problems to us, via PM/Feedback Thread. Screenshots will also help.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:57 pm 

P-F1 Mod wrote:
Star Wars: The Clone... Clone Wars? The Clone Wars Wars? The... Oh just give it up, Lucas broke it enough as it is.

Or is that too snappy?

:thumbup: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:58 am 

Star Wars VII: Trap recognition with General Akbar

PF1 Autosport GP Predictor 2014: Second 2015: Second

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:31 pm 

Star wars; Its like ww I/II but with light sabers
Star wars; the not so final part
Star wars; Return of the wooki lice
Star wars; Can we have eye candy and another cool bad dude?
Star wars; Return of the over worked hero/redemption plot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:49 pm 

Return of the - oh, no, his hip's gone.

Clone of the Hips

Revenge of the Twisted Ankles

Return of the Frail

Attack of the Pensioners

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:55 am 

Star Wars, Episode VII, Heating on uncomfortably high listening to the Archers.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:36 am 

Not overly bothered.

I don't dislike Star Wars, in the sense that I do want to like it but I find it pretty awful. I actually prefer the prequel trilogy to the sequels. The original trilogy is pretty balls. Some cool stuff but the level of action in the prequel trilogy is much higher. Sure, the dialogue - especially when delivered by Hayden Christensen - is terrible. Ewan McGregor is pretty solid though. But Star Wars has never had it's fairy cakes together.

I think it was the guy who wrote and did the main story arcs for the Sopranos who used to sit down, and get his whole plot together then write the show. Lucas should have done the same (easier said than done I'm sure).

I remember going to see the Clone Wars film and one of the stand-out bits was someone having the high-ground and it not mattering. Despite coming after the frankly odd Anakin-Darth Vader hack'n'slash job from Revenge of the Sith. This actually has annoyed me more than it really should. Partly because it ignores something important imo, and secondly because that high ground chat was a total fairy cakes of and ending to that fight.

I probably won't go see a new Star Wars film at the cinema (I don't like the cinema - I'm aware I sound like a grumpy old man) but I would give it a watch upon home release. I don't hold out much hope, but at least now if it's just okay I might get a pleasant surprise.

Anyway, I look forward to another 90-120 minutes of lens flares everywhere.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:28 am 

Princess Leia, the MILF strikes back.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:58 pm 

Star Wars 7: the quest for more profits.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:09 pm 

Star Wars: Revenge of "the fairy cakes"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:17 pm 

Return of the sith a lus,
The battle for gon o rea,
The come back of Gen o tool warts,

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:16 pm 

It's apparently disregarding all of the expanded universe stuff, so Shadows of the Empire seems a likely name.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:38 pm 

Apparently not many seem keen on any more Star Wars movies here. Maybe they better make a sequel to Space Balls ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:21 am 

Space Balls sequel? Hmm, Space Pen... never mind!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:25 am 

Man all of these are funny :lol: . But man all of you guys really don't like star wars do you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:15 am 

CC78AMG wrote:
Man all of these are funny :lol: . But man all of you guys really don't like star wars do you?

Well I can't find anything great about it. I have nothing against people who love it even though I find some people's enthusiasm for it a little weird (and I'm thinking mostly about 40+ people raving about it). There is still a lot of love for it at cosplay events. The costumes and they way things are crafted are nicely done but storywise and character wise I find it a big bore but that's just my opinion. I really don't like Harry Potter either. Part of me doesn't like hyped up things very much. My favourite movies are hardly to be found in the imdb top 250.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:27 am 

I think to understand Star Wars, you have to understand the context. Nothing had ever been done like it in 1977. Sci Fi was still a B-Movie thing. Star Trek was big, but it's nothing like Star Wars. Everyone thought it would be a flop. Alec Guiness was payed 2% of the gross box office, thinking he was underpayed at the time. His estate is now worth £56 million. Lucas was able to keep the marketing rights because Fox didn't believe in it.

Clever marketing and original concepts meant it blew a lot of kid's minds. I know I saw it before I saw anything like it, which is why I am a fan. They followed it up with a sequel that is a great film. For a lot of people it was the first series they felt passionate about.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:04 pm 

I like Star Wars, but the delay and the obvious motivation for Disney to make new episodes makes it fair game for spoof titles.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:33 pm 

Amon wrote:
Apparently not many seem keen on any more Star Wars movies here. Maybe they better make a sequel to Space Balls ;)

Not so dude star wars is great! it has a great look and feel to it and to me its the story of Anakins fall and redemption something I did not get till the last film and something I would not exspect of hollywood plus the tech had a gritty and real kind of look to it .

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:27 pm 

chaz986 wrote:
Amon wrote:

Not so dude star wars is great! it has a great look and feel to it and to me its the story of Anakins fall and redemption something I did not get till the last film and something I would not exspect of hollywood plus the tech had a gritty and real kind of look to it .

That's where you're wrong! It's actually the story of how R2-D2 saves the galaxy, there just happens to be a few humanoids who also play a role in it :]

And the funny thing with Space Balls is that I really loved it when I was a kid but hadn't seen Star Wars. I watched it again recently and found it so awful that I struggled to get to the end!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:44 pm 

minchy wrote:
chaz986 wrote:
Amon wrote:

That's where you're wrong! It's actually the story of how R2-D2 saves the galaxy, there just happens to be a few humanoids who also play a role in it :]

And the funny thing with Space Balls is that I really loved it when I was a kid but hadn't seen Star Wars. I watched it again recently and found it so awful that I struggled to get to the end!

Nay sir you are so wrong it pains me :p Its about an old and thugly dude ruling with a fair hand only to be over throw and murdered by his best man due to the wrong and underhand ploy of his moronic and evil son! I have to say it brought a tear to my eye when the kindly old man gets lobed down the power coupling shaft, must say the health and safty on the death star is lacking why was there no safty netting!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:17 pm 

chaz986 wrote:
minchy wrote:
chaz986 wrote:
Amon wrote:

Nay sir you are so wrong it pains me :p Its about an old and thugly dude ruling with a fair hand only to be over throw and murdered by his best man due to the wrong and underhand ploy of his moronic and evil son! I have to say it brought a tear to my eye when the kindly old man gets lobed down the power coupling shaft, must say the health and safty on the death star is lacking why was there no safty netting!

You may be right about the lack of health and safety on the Death Star, but did you notice that at no point in any film did someone trip over a loose paving stone? The Empire had done a very good job on the walkways of the galaxy :]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:54 am 

You may be right about the lack of health and safety on the Death Star, but did you notice that at no point in any film did someone trip over a loose paving stone? The Empire had done a very good job on the walkways of the galaxy :][/quote]

Good point ,well Iv been saying for years if you want nice roads and clean living then a dictatorship is the way to go I mean look at that dude that got the autobarns made ...............Yer ok not the best example!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:56 am 

AngusWolfe wrote:
I think to understand Star Wars, you have to understand the context. Nothing had ever been done like it in 1977. Sci Fi was still a B-Movie thing. Star Trek was big, but it's nothing like Star Wars. Everyone thought it would be a flop. Alec Guiness was payed 2% of the gross box office, thinking he was underpayed at the time. His estate is now worth £56 million. Lucas was able to keep the marketing rights because Fox didn't believe in it.

Clever marketing and original concepts meant it blew a lot of kid's minds. I know I saw it before I saw anything like it, which is why I am a fan. They followed it up with a sequel that is a great film. For a lot of people it was the first series they felt passionate about.

I guess that clever marketing was not in Belgium.
I never had the feeling Star Wars was that big where I live. Sure it has its die hard fans but the moment merchandising on movies and TV shows started to become common here (let's say since the eighties) there was competition from other shows. There was the Ghostbusters, Masters of the Universe and later GI Joe just to name a few. Every boy seemed to collect out of these groups. Myself I was mostly interested in Masters of the Universe. I didn't know anyone collecting Star Wars. Maybe if Star Wars had an animated series and a proper marketed toy line here things would have been different.

Kudos to Lucas about having realized his dream and keeping the fantasy alive. However the appeal of much older stuff such as superheroes, horror stories, fairy tales, fantasy, magic and alien stories to name a few is just as strong today maybe even bigger than Star Wars. For me it's mostly a matter of personal taste. I'm not so fond of space movies, add to that not so interesting characters, not so interesting story and bad dialogue. The world he created though is really cool but that wouldn't make me come back for multiple views. Lord of the Rings I loved the first time around too for the rich world with so many races and creatures. However storywise not strong enough for me to rewatch them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:41 pm 

chaz986 wrote:
minchy wrote:
chaz986 wrote:
Amon wrote:

I thought that story was The Full Illustrated History of P-F1 Mod?

For the record, in the cheaper, unillustrated version the shaft drop is replaced with being pushed on the pavement and falling over a loose slab. The illustrator had a wild imagination.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:55 pm 

Star Wars: The What a Load of Rubbish