Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3057
Location: No home....chickenrunning
Kings victory against the Tards has added fuel to the fire aka keeping the Political Kings and merging Lions/Bulls.

Wrong decision but an excellent one to please Government.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9200
Location: The Fountain of Running Rugby
Typical chickenrunner rancid bait

x(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29196
Location: Innie Kaap
I would stick with the Kings. Remember they have only just got rid of the Watsons.

Merge the Lions and Bulls. When Ackermann fecks off the Lions will be finished anyway


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 3001
Nah let the Kings and Cheetahs go for the big bucks up North. See how the other teams go when we start earning Pounds.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9200
Location: The Fountain of Running Rugby
Average Joe wrote:
Nah let the Kings and Cheetahs go for the big bucks up North. See how the other teams go when we start earning Pounds.

:thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29196
Location: Innie Kaap
Average Joe wrote:
Nah let the Kings and Cheetahs go for the big bucks up North. See how the other teams go when we start earning Pounds.

If they can put it together


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8726
Location: Kingsburgh, KZN
Sards wrote:
I would stick with the Kings. Remember they have only just got rid of the Watsons.

Merge the Lions and Bulls. When Ackermann fecks off the Lions will be finished anyway



Agree 100%.

Remember that EP has always been a breeding ground for some of our most talented players, most of whom would eventually end up in Natal and WP. They're like a coastal version of the Cheetahs.

With the Watsons gone out of EP and Ackermann leaving the Lions, it makes sense to keep the Kings and merge the Lions and Bulls.

It will be a much better arrangement than the previous "Cats" (Lions and Cheetahs), which was just too impractical due to the distances involved between Bloem and Jozi (and nobody in his right mind would want to travel that stretch of road voluntarily).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 3001
You must have had your brains liquefied and sucked through your nose if you think any Bulls supporter will support such a basterdized team. They'll rather die six deaths watching the organised chaos called Bulletjie rugby than support anything other than the "true blue"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:45 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25107
Location: Chickenrunning...
Sards wrote:
Average Joe wrote:
Nah let the Kings and Cheetahs go for the big bucks up North. See how the other teams go when we start earning Pounds.

If they can put it together


They can use Bloemfontein International Airport to get to their away games. :thumbup:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6865
Kings and Cheetah's up norf for the Pro12


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 3001
Sandstorm wrote:
Sards wrote:
Average Joe wrote:
Nah let the Kings and Cheetahs go for the big bucks up North. See how the other teams go when we start earning Pounds.

If they can put it together


They can use Bloemfontein International Airport to get to their away games. :thumbup:

Image

Did you screendump that off one of your simulation games, nerd. It's called Bram Fischer International :x


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8726
Location: Kingsburgh, KZN
Average Joe wrote:
You must have had your brains liquefied and sucked through your nose if you think any Bulls supporter will support such a basterdized team. They'll rather die six deaths watching the organised chaos called Bulletjie rugby than support anything other than the "true blue"




You're saying that as if it's a bad thing? :?: :?: :?:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6191
Location: A gaf in Bracknell
I would merge the lions and the bulls, the sharks and the cheetahs and stormers and kings. It's an exciting mix of brawn and brains across the board.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:05 pm
Posts: 7047
From the outside it doesn't make any sense to cull the one shining light of SA rugby competitively speaking, the Lions.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6191
Location: A gaf in Bracknell
Rugby2023 wrote:
From the outside it doesn't make any sense to cull the one shining light of SA rugby competitively speaking, the Lions.


I agree, it would make sense to merge the Sharks and the Cheetahs, the Sharks are generally referred to as the Cheetahs B anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29196
Location: Innie Kaap
Sandstorm wrote:
Sards wrote:
Average Joe wrote:
Nah let the Kings and Cheetahs go for the big bucks up North. See how the other teams go when we start earning Pounds.

If they can put it together


They can use Bloemfontein International Airport to get to their away games. :thumbup:

Image

:lol:

My eyes are so bad I had to zoom into that


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6191
Location: A gaf in Bracknell
Sards wrote:

My eyes are so bad I had to zoom into that


Oh we know, we've had to listen to your rugby observations for over a decade...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29196
Location: Innie Kaap
sorCrer wrote:
Kings and Cheetah's up norf for the Pro12

Nah. Why should they make all the money. How many attended the last Bulls match. That amount could have filled the stadium at the Lions vs Sharks match


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29196
Location: Innie Kaap
houtkabouter wrote:
Sards wrote:

My eyes are so bad I had to zoom into that


Oh we know, we've had to listen to your rugby observations for over a decade...


It's actually been a decade..........

Hearing the same shit from the same people.

How's things hanging fatboy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6191
Location: A gaf in Bracknell
Sards wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:
Sards wrote:

My eyes are so bad I had to zoom into that


Oh we know, we've had to listen to your rugby observations for over a decade...


It's actually been a decade..........

Hearing the same shit from the same people.

How's things hanging fatboy


Like a horse apparently :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6865
houtkabouter wrote:
Sards wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:
Sards wrote:

My eyes are so bad I had to zoom into that


Oh we know, we've had to listen to your rugby observations for over a decade...


It's actually been a decade..........

Hearing the same shit from the same people.

How's things hanging fatboy


Like horse apparently :D


Self praise is no base for recommendation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6191
Location: A gaf in Bracknell
sorCrer wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:

Like horse apparently :D


Self praise is no base for recommendation.

That's what she said...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29196
Location: Innie Kaap
houtkabouter wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:

Like horse apparently :D


Self praise is no base for recommendation.

That's what she said...

Also got a fat arse then.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6191
Location: A gaf in Bracknell
Sards wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:

Like horse apparently :D


Self praise is no base for recommendation.

That's what she said...

Also got a fat arse then.

Yeah it's called Sardy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11828
Best option:
4 independent franchises.
Split union and franchise contracts to allow players to play for any franchise, regardless of which union he plays for


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3057
Location: No home....chickenrunning
Jensrsa wrote:
Best option:
4 independent franchises.
Split union and franchise contracts to allow players to play for any franchise, regardless of which union he plays for

Wouldn't ypu alienate fans if you did this? Would also be the final nail in the coffin for Currie Cup.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye bye Lions&Bulls
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:22 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23507
The Currie Cup is finished. It has become a feeder competition - preparing players for and feeding Super Rugby as well as European/Brit and Japanese rugby comps. No prestige value left, probably seen as the best second tier competition, with little value for the top franchises/unions.

We need a decent first tier South African competition, first, from there the Super franchises,above that the national union.
But the provinces will never allow that, they are hooked on Super Rugby money. And cheap players coming up.

Jens is right - 4 franchises only. With players playing across provincial (and national) lines. making room to accommodate expat players from Europe as well. Provincial unions can have a decent first tier national competition, to boost local players. And get club rugby going again.

But PAY them (the pros) enough. They play for MONEY, they cannot eat glory or loyalty.
Get some prestige back into the Springbok brand - deliver a product with market value, add market calue to the Bok and SA Rugby brand, for the players to sell when Europe approach them.
For that we need top results - which can only be obtained by having the best coaches, training, tactics, PLAYERS, facilities and administration. Not the best paid officials or PC front face...

I doubt we will get any of these, though. The current lot is open the usual power trip, political advancement and strip mining exercise. SA Rugby is on the road to destruction.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Achahoish, backrow, Bing [Bot], Brumby_in_Vic, crouchy, DOB, dr dre2, FravBront, Google Adsense [Bot], handyman, HurricaneWasp, KenSkehan, Man In Black, Mr Mike, Mullet 2, Newby1, paneer, P in VG, Plato'sCave, Sandstorm, Stevus55, Teenage_hooker, unseenwork, Wilson's Toffee, Yourmother, ZappaMan and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group