Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:07 pm 

shanky wrote:
God-damn, yankee boy!

:lol: Don't worry mate, I've still got your back. If it helps, I was told by a very nice laydee in Ponsonby earlier this year that racism doesn't exist in New Zealand any more. You can see Maoris walk down the street and it's just... It is! No big deal! So in that context, you can see why the casual racism in Australia might get you down.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:08 pm 

shanky wrote:
Ellafan wrote:
fraz wrote:
Zakar wrote:
When can we expect Ellafan along to explain that this loss was due to the poaching brumbies

Well one of the Brumbie's's physio's once did a summer drama camp at a venerable Sydney private school, so you're entire argument is mute. Your in denail. Brumbys's should be merged with Adelaide.

Piss off Shanky, Snapper's a fine man to have a beer with. He just knows how to press your buttons.

No offence if I don't take advice from one of the bored's true nutters?

Banter, bro. Banter.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:08 pm 

Ellafan wrote:
fraz wrote:
Zakar wrote:
When can we expect Ellafan along to explain that this loss was due to the poaching brumbies

Well one of the Brumbie's's physio's once did a summer drama camp at a venerable Sydney private school, so you're entire argument is mute. Your in denail. Brumbys's should be merged with Adelaide.

Piss off Shanky, Snapper's a fine man to have a beer with. He just knows how to press your buttons.

Naww, Shmoopy! Miss your face...hope all is well?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:10 pm 

Dumbledore wrote:
shanky wrote:
God-damn, yankee boy!

:lol: Don't worry mate, I've still got your back. If it helps, I was told by a very nice laydee in Ponsonby earlier this year that racism doesn't exist in New Zealand any more. You can see Maoris walk down the street and it's just... It is! No big deal! So in that context, you can see why the casual racism in Australia might get you down.

:lol:

Where are you anyway? I missed the whole bit about you going O/S

Having fun?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:11 pm 

Dumbledore wrote:
shanky wrote:
God-damn, yankee boy!

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:16 pm 

Taranaki Snapper wrote:
Ellafan wrote:
fraz wrote:
Zakar wrote:

Had to go off the puss for a while, comrade. Doctor limited me to one bottle of pino grigio per day. Bloody fascist. Had a battery of tests. Turns out it wasn't gout after all. Did you know that you can happily wash down steroids and anti-inflammatories with a half decent shiraz? The universe is back in balance.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:18 pm 

Ellafan wrote:
Taranaki Snapper wrote:
Ellafan wrote:
fraz wrote:
Zakar wrote:

Had to go off the puss for a while, comrade. Doctor limited me to one bottle of pino grigio per day. Bloody fascist. Had a battery of tests. Turns out it wasn't gout after all. Did you know that you can happily wash down steroids and anti-inflammatories with a half decent shiraz? The universe is back in balance.

FMD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:29 pm 

Your problem appears to be a lack of joi de vie.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:30 pm 

shanky wrote:
Dumbledore wrote:
shanky wrote:
God-damn, yankee boy!

Having fun?

New York. Girlfriend's here for work, so I figured I'd come with for a while. Very strange country, you think everything's fine and dandy and then you see 12 cops stomping a kid for shoplifting. Probably more Australians here than in Sydney these days, but thankfully most of them are busy hanging out with each other in Williamsburg. People pretty regularly tell you being in the city is like being in an abusive relationship. You love it, and then it hits you in the face with a frying pan. Hope I'm still here for the Jets season :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:33 pm 

Ellafan wrote:

It's "joie de vivre".

or ...

Joie du vin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:34 pm 

Dumbledore wrote:
shanky wrote:
Dumbledore wrote:
shanky wrote:
God-damn, yankee boy!

Having fun?

New York. Girlfriend's here for work, so I figured I'd come with for a while. Very strange country, you think everything's fine and dandy and then you see 12 cops stomping a kid for shoplifting. Probably more Australians here than in Sydney these days, but thankfully most of them are busy hanging out with each other in Williamsburg. People pretty regularly tell you being in the city is like being in an abusive relationship. You love it, and then it hits you in the face with a frying pan. Hope I'm still here for the Jets season :lol:

:o :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:38 pm 

kiap wrote:
Ellafan wrote:

It's "joie de vivre".

or ...

Joie du vin

"People who post about spelling errors on internet forums lack joie de vivre."

Better :thumbup: ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:40 pm 

Taranaki Snapper wrote:

fair dinkum about being a fukwit...I love Australia...your women, your jobs, your casual racism, it's all good...

You guys are ruining my karma

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:43 pm 

Dumbledore wrote:
shanky wrote:
Dumbledore wrote:
shanky wrote:
God-damn, yankee boy!

Having fun?

Have fun! :thumbup:

(If you haven't already, get out to Coney Island one day. The slice of Americana will appeal to your particular senses).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:46 pm 

😂

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:41 pm 

Ellafan wrote:
kiap wrote:
Ellafan wrote:

It's "joie de vivre".

or ...

Joie du vin

The second option wasn't the better of the two?

:P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:32 pm 

Sards wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

How the feck did that happen.
I turned off after the second Tahs try.

Check the stats Sard.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:44 pm 

It was a good Kings win. and apart from two big loses they haven't done that badly this year.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:45 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
Sards wrote:

Check the stats Sard.

Nah. Will watch later

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:04 pm 

Sards wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Sards wrote:

Check the stats Sard.

Nah. Will watch later

:roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:24 pm 

Feel for L.Ron and other passionate Tahs fans.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:39 pm 

Watched it now. Tahs were dreadful and Kings improving weekly

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:57 pm 

mr bungle wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:06 pm 

mr bungle wrote:

Agreed, still they'll rabbit on about being able to field 5 competitive teams :roll:

Actually not sure what's going wrong with the Tah's this season, a couple of games you would expect them to win they have dropped :?:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:44 pm 

Ellafan wrote:
Taranaki Snapper wrote:
Ellafan wrote:
fraz wrote:
Zakar wrote:

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:52 pm 

I recorded this game.

I'm such an idiot. Possibly one of the worst performances I've ever seen from NSW. And that crowd? That's like North Queensland vs South Sydney in a thunderstorm size.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:24 pm 

Salient wrote:
mr bungle wrote:

Agreed, still they'll rabbit on about being able to field 5 competitive teams :roll:

Actually not sure what's going wrong with the Tah's this season, a couple of games you would expect them to win they have dropped :?:

So you didnt think that was a competitive game? :?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:26 pm 

Got this from Green and Gold.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:07 am 

:lol: @ akann.......nice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:03 am 

One day the old Kings players will meet with one another in their wheelchairs and walking sticks and have a wry grin on their faces: "well, we were shit but at least we beat the Waratahs in Sydney".

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:03 am 

kiap wrote:
Ellafan wrote:
kiap wrote:
Ellafan wrote:

It's "joie de vivre".

or ...

Joie du vin

The second option wasn't the better of the two?

:P

I was going to post "he's not going to get that" but he beat me to it by posting a confirmation that he didn't get it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:28 am 

Not a great outcome for the Waratahs. But I think people should also give some credit to the Kings. Sure they are still pretty raw, and made lots skill and decision errors, but they tried their guts out and based on effort alone, deserved a win on this tour. This result should give immense hope to South African fans. Sure Rugby is in terminal decline in your country, sure the Springboks are ranked a lowly 7th and sure your national team is Japan's bitch; but there are some very promising players coming through the ranks. It is especially pleasing to see quite a few quality players of colour emerging at the Kings. The false hysteria over quotas on this forum over the years has been embarrassing to read, who else remembers back in 2010 when we had thread after thread on this forum about how the ANC was going to enforce a 60% quota for all their pro Rugby teams after the 2011 RWC? And sadly teams such as the Lions have clearly turned their back on transformation. But the Kings give me hope that there is a chance for an integrated, Rainbow Nation into the future.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:56 am 

Ellafan wrote:

Good news - and yes, yes I did! ;)

My feed dropped out just before the end......luckily - otherwise a glass would have impacted the screen.

Farking useless cunce

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:23 am 

Havent watched the game as away. Glad i saw the score inadvertently as it means i dont have to subject myself to it.

Gibson has gotta go. Not that its really his fault but something has to change and its easier to get rid of one bloke rather than 23.

Just saw.Skelton and taavao doing some sort of.stupid f**k handshake after the game.

Really plum? Save that kind of shit for.when you win or at least play well.

Anyway i had a great day at a mates wedding yesterday so not even thar bothered by the rugby or the tahs at the moment tk be frank.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:32 am 

L. Ron Hubbard wrote:
Havent watched the game as away. Glad i saw the score inadvertently as it means i dont have to subject myself to it.

Gibson has gotta go. Not that its really his fault but something has to change and its easier to get rid of one bloke rather than 23.

Just saw.Skelton and taavao doing some sort of.stupid f**k handshake after the game.

Really plum? Save that kind of shit for.when you win or at least play well.

Anyway i had a great day at a mates wedding yesterday so not even thar bothered by the rugby or the tahs at the moment tk be frank.

While I appreciate (and of course empathise with) the pain of seeing a team of good players performing badly due to poor coaching, the impulse to get rid of the coach when there isn't a suitable replacement is surely part of our problem.

In NZ, coaches do their apprenticeships working up through the ranks of a national comp of an excellent standard, whereas here they have to do their learning at Super 12 level. How many years of disappointment did McKenzie churn out at Moore Park before moving to QLD and winning the title?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:34 am 

Has the non-action on the next choke been mentioned? YC for a kick through the ruck but NOTHING on the contact around the throat, by Hooper I think? Strange

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:04 am 

Hong Kong wrote:
Has the non-action on the next choke been mentioned? YC for a kick through the ruck but NOTHING on the contact around the throat, by Hooper I think? Strange

I know you stick up for your fellow refs more often than not, HK. Fair enough, too.

But I criticise more than praise them. The Hoff isn't one of the better refs in the comp (and I'd like to bag plenty of others at this point too, but will constrain myself ;) ...).

From what I saw, Hoff was saying (right or wrong) that the Hooper incident was a penalty only.

Hoff also seems to want to be Hooper's best mate.

Here's my question though. If there are two offences, where does the penalty get awarded?

Say the first offence was midfield close to the sticks and the second was a yellow card on the sideline. Is it at the place of the first offence?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:45 am 

Rated 41k on Fox. Higher than I expected.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:37 am 

Chris Cloete was massive again.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:56 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
Not a great outcome for the Waratahs. But I think people should also give some credit to the Kings. Sure they are still pretty raw, and made lots skill and decision errors, but they tried their guts out and based on effort alone, deserved a win on this tour. This result should give immense hope to South African fans. Sure Rugby is in terminal decline in your country, sure the Springboks are ranked a lowly 7th and sure your national team is Japan's bitch; but there are some very promising players coming through the ranks. It is especially pleasing to see quite a few quality players of colour emerging at the Kings. The false hysteria over quotas on this forum over the years has been embarrassing to read, who else remembers back in 2010 when we had thread after thread on this forum about how the ANC was going to enforce a 60% quota for all their pro Rugby teams after the 2011 RWC? And sadly teams such as the Lions have clearly turned their back on transformation. But the Kings give me hope that there is a chance for an integrated, Rainbow Nation into the future.

SA development team beating Australia merit team at home.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next