Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:46 pm 

JM2K6 wrote:
Dork Lard wrote:
I understand the underrated thing, but it's not like the Lions are rolling on the floor in agony over not picking him. Pleeenty of back rowers people think of in that group before Robshaw. Heck, Hamish Watson based on 2017 form (vs Robshaw before injury) ought to make a team before him and he's Scottish and nobody likes the Scottish lol. He's a workhorse Robshaw and he does really well but he's a limited player, lots of guys in those 4 home nations that have more talent, more immediate impact, and on both ends.

I'd say it's absolutely fair that on 2017 form Watson (a breakaway 7) would go ahead of Robshaw (a man playing 6 who spent most of 2017 so far injured).

If you cut out last 6N, the summer tour to Oz, and the AIs, Robshaw's claim is a lot worse.

Moriarty is super average though and goes off the back of a cracking 60 minute defensive performance against England and their 2nd choice back row.

He was excellent against NZ last year, however you keep peddling the same shite.
Not that I think he should go but hey, you obviously didn't see the appalling Wales tour of NZ where he shone like a diamond.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:39 pm 

c69 wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
Dork Lard wrote:
I understand the underrated thing, but it's not like the Lions are rolling on the floor in agony over not picking him. Pleeenty of back rowers people think of in that group before Robshaw. Heck, Hamish Watson based on 2017 form (vs Robshaw before injury) ought to make a team before him and he's Scottish and nobody likes the Scottish lol. He's a workhorse Robshaw and he does really well but he's a limited player, lots of guys in those 4 home nations that have more talent, more immediate impact, and on both ends.

I'd say it's absolutely fair that on 2017 form Watson (a breakaway 7) would go ahead of Robshaw (a man playing 6 who spent most of 2017 so far injured).

If you cut out last 6N, the summer tour to Oz, and the AIs, Robshaw's claim is a lot worse.

Moriarty is super average though and goes off the back of a cracking 60 minute defensive performance against England and their 2nd choice back row.

He was excellent against NZ last year, however you keep peddling the same shite.
Not that I think he should go but hey, you obviously didn't see the appalling Wales tour of NZ where he shone like a diamond.

Who was shit against NZ last summer ? I'm quite confused how you got hammered.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:47 pm 

bimboman wrote:
c69 wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
Dork Lard wrote:

Who was shit against NZ last summer ? I'm quite confused how you got hammered.

No idea what your are on about, it's quite clear what my point is.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:48 pm 

how many people in the world do you think call him by his full name 'Christopher' besides his mom.
And Nigel Owens.
?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:11 pm 

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
backrow wrote:
ex beauty queen kiwi maid he molested

Like all kiwi women, she became an ex beauty at 11 months?

Well I can safely state there are more mingers in the U.K thang there are women in NZ!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:12 pm 

booze wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
backrow wrote:

Well I can safely state there are more mingers in the U.K thang there are women in NZ!

per capita tho

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:18 pm 

booze wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
backrow wrote:

You are very wrong

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:31 pm 

c69 wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
Dork Lard wrote:

Shone like a diamond, eh.

He definitely stood out in that 3rd test. 9 carries for 9 metres. 7 tackles made, 5 missed - missed as many as fellow Lion Jon Davies, who made 4 and missed 5.

I'm pretty sure that's cubic zirconium.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:37 pm 

JM2K6 wrote:
c69 wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
Dork Lard wrote:

Shone like a diamond, eh.

He definitely stood out in that 3rd test. 9 carries for 9 metres. 7 tackles made, 5 missed - missed as many as fellow Lion Jon Davies, who made 4 and missed 5.

I'm pretty sure that's cubic zirconium.

Dear God man it's not all about stats ffs.
He was the best player on the field for Wales if you want to have some sort of argument then you are wasting your time
Btw I don't think he should be ahead of your beloved Chris R. Night night.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:38 pm 

It's not all about stats, but when the stats show a backrower missing more tackles than most back rowers have ever missed in a single match and making no impact in attack then those stats tend to suggest he wasn't a "diamond".

I watched all 3 Tests, and frankly I think all you remember is the first one.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:38 pm 

Moriarty was 23, 2 days ago, I think he has f**k enormous potential.

He's clearly not the finished article, but he's a really exciting selection and, ironically now, if he was wasn't Welsh I think there would be less moaning.

He's a great "bolter" selection.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:40 pm 

Oh.

Sorry, I've made a fool of myself.

He missed 5 in the 3rd Test, but he missed 8 (eight) in the first Test. And made 5m from 9 carries.

Wow.

8 missed tackles.

I'm not kidding at this stage, that is absolutely mindblowing. I never remembered him being that bad in the first Test.

Had a good 2nd Test, mind.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:43 pm 

MaccTaff wrote:

He's clearly not the finished article, but he's a really exciting selection and, ironically now, if he was wasn't Welsh I think there would be less moaning.

I understand that and I don't think he's shit, I'm sure he'll be good for Wales in the coming years, but the Lions is not a Welsh development tour.

The English equivalent is Teimana Harrison and we'd have hit the roof were he selected.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:46 pm 

JM2K6 wrote:
MaccTaff wrote:

I understand that and I don't think he's shit, I'm sure he'll be good for Wales in the coming years, but the Lions is not a Welsh development tour.

The English equivalent is Teimana Harrison and we'd have hit the roof were he selected.

Kyle Sinckler is going................... :o

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:49 pm 

MaccTaff wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
MaccTaff wrote:

Because of the huge impact he's had off the bench.

Same for Te'o.

Eddie's clearly impressed Gatland with his tactics and I can see how he would want to keep NZ under the cosh in the same way.

If WP Nel hadn't spent most of the season injured (he's still out afaik :( ) I doubt Kyle would've gotten a look in. As it is, Sinckler isn't keeping better options out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:53 pm 

JM2K6 wrote:
MaccTaff wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
MaccTaff wrote:

Because of the huge impact he's had off the bench.

Same for Te'o.

Eddie's clearly impressed Gatland with his tactics and I can see how he would want to keep NZ under the cosh in the same way.

If WP Nel hadn't spent most of the season injured (he's still out afaik :( ) I doubt Kyle would've gotten a look in. As it is, Sinckler isn't keeping better options out.

I'm really pleased Sinckler is going.

Listening to Rowntree on 5Live last night he is clearly a massive fan of Sinckler, and thinks he can handle the ABs, mentally and physically.

I think Gatland feels the same way about Moriarty.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:54 pm 

Ps - sorry my point being that the coaches know their own players better than anyone, particularly Rowntree with Kyle.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:56 pm 

Adam Jones was hugely chuffed about Sinckler too.

Moriarty's mentality is great and he's brought real energy to the Welsh back row. He's a positive for Wales.

He isn't, however, as good as a number of flankers who've been left behind, who would also be a huge positive for the Lions. And that's the problem. He wasn't filling a gap, he was taking a place away from Robshaw, Barclay, Haskell, Watson, etc. Guys who've done more to earn the shirt and whose attitude and impact would be a huge asset.

But hey, it's the Lions. I'm sure half the back row will be dead by the time the first Test starts, and I'm not about to spend 3 months bleating about the tour squad, so that's the last I'll moan about him on here (unless he shits the bed in NZ of course)

Last edited by JM2K6 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:56 pm 

JM2K6 wrote:
Oh.

He missed 5 in the 3rd Test, but he missed 8 (eight) in the first Test. And made 5m from 9 carries.

Wow.

8 missed tackles.

I'm not kidding at this stage, that is absolutely mindblowing. I never remembered him being that bad in the first Test.

:lol: :lol:

I think he's a good player but f**k hell those are some bad stats

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:01 am 

JM2K6 wrote:
Oh.

Wow.

8 missed tackles.

:lol:

Meanwhile, in Wellington.... :uhoh:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:37 am 

Still does not negate the fact that he shone like a diamond in Wales side that was abysmal.
:smug:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:40 am 

c69 wrote:
Still does not negate the fact that he shone like a diamond in Wales side that was abysmal.
:smug:

If they were abysmal then shining like a diamond could easily be achieved by doing your boots up unaided though

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:43 am 

Rugby2023 wrote:
He didn't play in the Six Nations. Granted Kruis didn't either, but as far as reasoning or explanation for omission it's generally acceptable.

Yet O'Mahony goes, after one good showing against England. Is he REALLY better than Robshaw? Or Haskell for that matter.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:32 pm 

englishgreat wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
He didn't play in the Six Nations. Granted Kruis didn't either, but as far as reasoning or explanation for omission it's generally acceptable.

Yet O'Mahony goes, after one good showing against England. Is he REALLY better than Robshaw? Or Haskell for that matter.

I don't think so but POM isn't competing with them really since his game is different. Stander/Moriarty would have been their competition

Last edited by tiddle on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:10 pm 

Tips makes Ardie Savea look like a beast. They will miss Robshaw, and that's Gats at his most fragile I guess. It was either Warbs or Robshaw.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:18 pm 

englishgreat wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:

Of course not - he just has a better angry face.

Any 50/50 call in rugby - or even 40/60 calls - always go the way of the guy with a good anthem face.