Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1050 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Battle of Berkeley
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:58 pm 

DAC2016 wrote:
Dumbledore wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKydKJKTixo

Guy advocating Antifa women to be punched.

Maybe they are deserving bitches. Deserving of the attention they now get ...

You have some fairly serious issues with women to work through.

I don't think he does. She's a militant feminist, , she helped organised an event were violence was a stated fact, she bragged of talking 100 scalps, she went for him first, she got punched.

Zero sympathy.

You've got a neckbeard standing there saying 'Just punch antifa women in the face, and I really encourage that behaviour. For this one simple reason: antifa, on purpose, uses women as human shields. because they know there's stigma in society to punch women...I'm going to say to all my viewers out there who are probably going to the Ann Coulter Berkeley protest... If you're going to that event I encourage you to punch antifa women in the face, break their lines, because they're meatshields for antifa because they're cowards.' It's quite a performance. And then of course having implored his followers to beat up women to break the protesters lines, he follows up with 'I'm not encouraging rioting, and I'm not encouraging degenerate behaviour' :lol:

If you can sit through that and think he doesn't have a fair bit to work through, we're living on a different planet.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:59 pm 

DAC2016 wrote:
What the liberals/Irish need to do on this bored is grow up a bit. Shouting wacist or Nazi and then walking about thinking you've won the argument just doesn't work anymore.

The centre are starting to see through that tactic.

There's an awful lot of irony in that post. I'll just point out that the glorification of a group of hooligans which you have been engaging in is the sort of thing you'd see from a fifteen year old who just watched Green Street for the first time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:01 pm 

DAC2016 wrote:
Quote:
Not every conservative is a nazi and not every liberal is antifa.

I think they're both a bunch of plum and I'd be happy to let them beat the bubblefart out of each other.

Entirely true, however, if the antifa weren't trying to shut down Free Speech none of this would be happening. They are the issue, not the conservatives.

Antifa are plum and are a big problem for "liberals", some of their practices are quite the opposite of liberal.

Suppression of discussion, for example, is definitely not a liberal value.

Just like this whole argument that conservatives are the opposition of liberals, it's actually no longer true at all. There are lots of self described conservatives who practice liberal concepts.

Liberalism is a philosophy founded on liberty and equality.

When people fling the word libtard around, they damage many of the philosophies they actually prescribe to. For example equality, many of the conservatives I speak to believe in equality, but absolute equality, where no one gets unfairly treated, including white males.

That said, those conservatives also went there for a fight, they are just as much to blame as the Antifa dicks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:02 pm 

DAC2016 wrote:
What the liberals/Irish need to do on this bored is grow up a bit. Shouting wacist or Nazi and then walking about thinking you've won the argument just doesn't work anymore.

There are liberals who support freedom of speech and agree on the principle that you still need to allow people to speak at events not just in spite of the fact you disagree with them, but precisely because you disagree with them.

Having said that, you're not on the greatest of grounds here - if people are going to throw hitler salutes then you are going to get people accusing them of being nazis. That's probably not where you want to draw your line of defence to appeal to the centre.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:10 pm 

Quote:
That said, those conservatives also went there for a fight, they are just as much to blame as the Antifa dicks

No, they are not.

They Antifa have shut down speaker after speaker after speaker, all with malice and the threat of violence if not actual violence.

In Berkeley people took a stand and fought back.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:12 pm 

Dumbledore wrote:
DAC2016 wrote:
Dumbledore wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:

I don't think he does. She's a militant feminist, , she helped organised an event were violence was a stated fact, she bragged of talking 100 scalps, she went for him first, she got punched.

Zero sympathy.

You've got a neckbeard standing there saying 'Just punch antifa women in the face, and I really encourage that behaviour. For this one simple reason: antifa, on purpose, uses women as human shields. because they know there's stigma in society to punch women...I'm going to say to all my viewers out there who are probably going to the Ann Coulter Berkeley protest... If you're going to that event I encourage you to punch antifa women in the face, break their lines, because they're meatshields for antifa because they're cowards.' It's quite a performance. And then of course having implored his followers to beat up women to break the protesters lines, he follows up with 'I'm not encouraging rioting, and I'm not encouraging degenerate behaviour' :lol:

If you can sit through that and think he doesn't have a fair bit to work through, we're living on a different planet.

Are you referring to the guy in the video or the poster who said this:

Quote:

Because I was referring to the latter.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:13 pm 

alliswell wrote:
DAC2016 wrote:

There's an awful lot of irony in that post. I'll just point out that the glorification of a group of hooligans which you have been engaging in is the sort of thing you'd see from a fifteen year old who just watched Green Street for the first time.

That post makes no sense to me at all, sorry.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:13 pm 

Dumbledore wrote:
DAC2016 wrote:
Dumbledore wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:

Zero sympathy.

Bang on.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:19 pm 

DAC2016 wrote:
Dumbledore wrote:
DAC2016 wrote:
Dumbledore wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:

Zero sympathy.

Are you referring to the guy in the video or the poster who said this:

Quote:

Because I was referring to the latter.

Both. If you watch that video and think he's making a pretty reasonable point, then I really don't know what to say.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:23 pm 

I reckon they all - men and women - need a good slap.

Quote:
Both. If you watch that video and think he's making a pretty reasonable point, then I really don't know what to say

I haven't watched the video, your remarks were made against the poster as far I can tell as you referred directly to him.

DAC2016 wrote:
Quote:
That said, those conservatives also went there for a fight, they are just as much to blame as the Antifa dicks

No, they are not.

They Antifa have shut down speaker after speaker after speaker, all with malice and the threat of violence if not actual violence.

In Berkeley people took a stand and fought back.

That's why we have police. Let the speakers and their supporters go there and if Antifa cause shit, arrest them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:24 pm 

Quote:
That's why we have police. Let the speakers and their supporters go there and if Antifa cause shit, arrest them.

Indeed. However, your statement;

Quote:
those conservatives also went there for a fight, they are just as much to blame as the Antifa dicks

...is entirely incorrect.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:26 pm 

DAC2016 wrote:
Quote:
Both. If you watch that video and think he's making a pretty reasonable point, then I really don't know what to say

I haven't watched the video, your remarks were made against the poster as far I can tell as you referred directly to him.

Jesus. Wilson's Toffee, having watched the video, suggested that maybe they (Antifa women) are deserving of being punched in the face.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:30 pm 

DAC2016 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
those conservatives also went there for a fight, they are just as much to blame as the Antifa dicks

really, how is it incorrect?

What were they there to do DAC?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:30 pm 

Dumbledore wrote:
DAC2016 wrote:
Quote:

Jesus. Wilson's Toffee, having watched the video, suggested that maybe they (Antifa women) are deserving of being punched in the face.

Indeed, then you accused him of having serious issues of women to work through.

I said that given that particular woman, maybe he doesn't.

Then you said the guy in the video also has a fair bit to work through.

You're all over the place.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:31 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:
DAC2016 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

really, how is it incorrect?

What were they there to do DAC?

Defend Free Speech.

They were the effect, not the cause.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:33 pm 

DAC2016 wrote:

Defend Free Speech.

So they were there to fight.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:36 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:
DAC2016 wrote:

Defend Free Speech.

If required, Antifa, as shown by their previous, were there to cause mayhem, regardless.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:38 pm 

DAC2016 wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:
DAC2016 wrote:

Defend Free Speech.

If required, Antifa, as shown by their previous, were there to cause mayhem, regardless.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:43 pm 

It's almost as if people are extrapolating to the whole based on a dataset of 1.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:44 pm 

DAC2016 wrote:
alliswell wrote:
DAC2016 wrote:

That post makes no sense to me at all, sorry.

That's ok.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:44 pm 

If required.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:58 pm 

Antifa were there to cause trouble. The woman who got punched was there to cause trouble, and she admitted as much on her Facebook. She's also a liar when in front of a camera.
Some of the liberals are there to cause trouble, as happened at Berkeley. It isn't all antifa.

It is the peace loving, free speech loving, liberals who are trying to shut down free speech, sometimes using violence to do so.

Some of the patriots are also a bunch of thugs, but if T rump supporters are holding a rally, and if antifa show up to disrupt that rally, then the antifa idiots are largely responsible for any violence. For the most part, it is the liberals and antifa that are goading T rump supporters into violent reaction.

Last edited by munch on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:00 pm 

The key to it is this. Antifa was there to cause trouble. The patriots were there to take care of any trouble caused. They all did what they went there to do but only one group instigated things.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:14 pm 

I predict 500 pages for this thread.

Ann is on next Thursday.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:17 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:
DAC2016 wrote:
Quote:

I think they're both a bunch of plum and I'd be happy to let them beat the bubblefart out of each other.

Entirely true, however, if the antifa weren't trying to shut down Free Speech none of this would be happening. They are the issue, not the conservatives.

Antifa are plum and are a big problem for "liberals", some of their practices are quite the opposite of liberal.

Just like this whole argument that conservatives are the opposition of liberals, it's actually no longer true at all. There are lots of self described conservatives who practice liberal concepts.

When people fling the word libtard around, they damage many of the philosophies they actually prescribe to. For example equality, many of the conservatives I speak to believe in equality, but absolute equality, where no one gets unfairly treated, including white males.

That said, those conservatives also went there for a fight, they are just as much to blame as the Antifa dicks.

You should join the proud boys. You are clearly familiar with the back of a cornflake box.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:25 pm 

Actually, I apologise.

It was a promising first foray into the realm of analytical posting by our dear friend houks and should be applauded as such.

:nod:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:31 pm 

Santa wrote:
It's almost as if people are extrapolating to the whole based on a dataset of 1.

It's what I do with Maoris. Got a problem with it cuzzie bro?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:32 pm 

DAC2016 wrote:
Dumbledore wrote:
DAC2016 wrote:
Quote:

Indeed, then you accused him of having serious issues of women to work through.

I said that given that particular woman, maybe he doesn't.

Then you said the guy in the video also has a fair bit to work through.

You're all over the place.

It's really not my fault that you can't follow a coherent train of thought.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:47 pm 

It's almost impossible to find anyone who doesn't think dear old Moldylocks didn't deserve a good nudge on the chops.

However. I am inclined to a few thoughts:

A) this women was convinced Nazis exist. Then fck me she drives 10 hours to go to Berkeley to get socked on the chops by as close to a real Nazi as she is likely to find. One of about 100 in the entire country.
B) she sort of had it coming
C) I feel sorry for her
D) she is brave as feck because she still took a swing at the Nazi
E) if she shaved and showered she'd be quite nice looking.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:06 pm 

Seneca of the Night wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:
DAC2016 wrote:
Quote:

You should join the proud boys. You are clearly familiar with the back of a cornflake box.

#nowank

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:13 pm 

I guess these threads are now the bored equivalent of those bizarre youtube channels, which focus on nothing other than videogames, feminism (and how awful they think it is) and the truly bizarre offshoot subcultures that have grown up around these subjects.

The personification of this would be a single male, twenty-something, US college educated; self-described libertarian; sophomoric; superficial and a wee bit immature.

Oh, and truly appaling prose. That appears to be a common theme when they write, type or speak.

What occured on US campuses in the '60s was important - serious issues were discussed and those of consequence were opposed on sound intellectual and moral grounds. And this had a defining impact on policy. Huntington's famously authoritarian "Crisis of Democracy" paper indicates how concerned those in established power were with what was happening on US campuses.

Compare and contrast that to now...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:19 pm 

It's almost impossible to find anyone who doesn't think dear old Moldylocks didn't deserve a good nudge on the chops.

A) this women was convinced Nazis exist. Then fck me she drives 10 hours to go to Berkeley to get socked on the chops by as close to a real Nazi as she is likely to find. One of about 100 in the entire country.
C) I feel sorry for her

There's a broader suggestion that antifa women, not just that particular one, should be punched in the face en masse.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:33 pm 

Santa wrote:

It's what I do with Maoris. Got a problem with it cuzzie bro?

Maori are a collectivist people who have wedentity rather than identity. So it's fine.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:33 pm 

Last edited by Santa on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:37 pm 

Conservative Eddie wrote:
I guess these threads are now the bored equivalent of those bizarre youtube channels, which focus on nothing other than videogames, feminism (and how awful they think it is) and the truly bizarre offshoot subcultures that have grown up around these subjects.

The personification of this would be a single male, twenty-something, US college educated; self-described libertarian; sophomoric; superficial and a wee bit immature.

Oh, and truly appaling prose. That appears to be a common theme when they write, type or speak.

What occured on US campuses in the '60s was important - serious issues were discussed and those of consequence were opposed on sound intellectual and moral grounds. And this had a defining impact on policy. Huntington's famously authoritarian "Crisis of Democracy" paper indicates how concerned those in established power were with what was happening on US campuses.

Compare and contrast that to now...

History will have its say.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:46 pm 

Dumbledore wrote:

C) I feel sorry for her

There's a broader suggestion that antifa women, not just that particular one, should be punched in the face en masse.

Is there a broader consensus? Are those calling for protests advocating violence against women, or any violence?

I don't feel sorry for the woman. She was bullish enough to post that she wanted the scalps of patriots, and when she gets punched she plays the victim. If anyone places themselves on the front-line of violent confrontation, they should expect physical injury. This woman set up a fund me page for medical care she didn't need, alleging damage from the punch and further strikes that didn't happen, and scammed thousands of dollars for herself. She is a bare face lying scam artist.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:49 pm 

munch wrote:
Dumbledore wrote:

C) I feel sorry for her

Is there a broader consensus? Are those calling for protests advocating violence against women, or any violence?

I don't feel sorry for the woman. She was bullish enough to post that she wanted the scalps of patriots, and when she gets punched she plays the victim. If anyone places themselves on the front-line of violent confrontation, they should expect physical injury. This woman set up a fund me page for medical care she didn't need, and scammed thousands of dollars for herself. She is a bare face lying scam artist.

I don't know about broader. Wasn't it 1 guy?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:52 pm 

munch wrote:
Dumbledore wrote:

C) I feel sorry for her

I don't feel sorry for the woman. She was bullish enough to post that she wanted the scalps of patriots, and when she gets punched she plays the victim. If anyone places themselves on the front-line of violent confrontation, they should expect physical injury. This woman set up a fund me page for medical care she didn't need, and scammed thousands of dollars for herself. She is a bare face lying scam artist.

I have neither the time nor inclination to look into this and verify what you've written, but are you saying that speech - aggressive, obnoxious speech - and a freedom to associate and protest, can be met with violence? It's OK to knock around someone who says something distasteful?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1050 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 27  Next