Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:22 pm 

BBB wrote:
akann wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:
Impressed with JTA this season. He's got to be one of the leading scrumagers around at this point.

Yeah, what happened to this guy? Used to be a really poor scrumager and now is arguably the best performing tighthead in NZ.

His shite scrummaging and face-pulling for the cameras from the subs bench used to do my head in.

Now he's Carl Hayman 2.0.

Hell yes, to your first statement.

Hell no, to your second.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:24 pm 

Ted. wrote:
Callum Gibbons >>>>>> Pocock.

Pocock was MIA in that game. What a softcock shirker, couldn't front up to the mighty Gibbon man to man. :blush:

Joking aside. How's Gibbons been going down there?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:30 pm 

Tehui wrote:
BBB wrote:
akann wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:
Impressed with JTA this season. He's got to be one of the leading scrumagers around at this point.

Yeah, what happened to this guy? Used to be a really poor scrumager and now is arguably the best performing tighthead in NZ.

His shite scrummaging and face-pulling for the cameras from the subs bench used to do my head in.

Hell no, to your second.

Would you believe Wyatt Crockett 2.0?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:32 pm 

hp18 wrote:
Ted. wrote:

Pocock was MIA in that game. What a softcock shirker, couldn't front up to the mighty Gibbon man to man. :blush:

Very well. He's the sort of player that can step into the breach and do a job for the team. Nothing too flashy, then pops up with some very good play.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:34 pm 

Sprig wrote:
Silver wrote:
akann wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:

Age. 26 now. Some props take a little longer to step up. But he looks in prime condition this year. He has bulked up a lot so might be taking the whole thing a lot more seriously now

Well strong form in 2013 got him capped then he had a bit of set back with some continuous injuries and ended up back-up to Ben May for some weird reason. But then was very strong last year as well with his focus shifting from ball in hand to the wet work. Canes never lost a scrum last year with JTA, Coles and Reggie as the front row.

Jeez, I'd forgotten about Goodes. There have been a hell of a lot of very good players spending extended periods out of the game.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:50 pm 

Ted. wrote:
Sprig wrote:
Silver wrote:
akann wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:

Age. 26 now. Some props take a little longer to step up. But he looks in prime condition this year. He has bulked up a lot so might be taking the whole thing a lot more seriously now

Well strong form in 2013 got him capped then he had a bit of set back with some continuous injuries and ended up back-up to Ben May for some weird reason. But then was very strong last year as well with his focus shifting from ball in hand to the wet work. Canes never lost a scrum last year with JTA, Coles and Reggie as the front row.

Jeez, I'd forgotten about Goodes. There have been a hell of a lot of very good players spending extended periods out of the game.

Shows some depth we've lacked in the past and some selection dilemmas when the dead rise...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:53 pm 

Ted. wrote:
hp18 wrote:
Ted. wrote:

Very well. He's the sort of player that can step into the breach and do a job for the team. Nothing too flashy, then pops up with some very good play.

Just gets shit done on a regular basis then? Rennie's bringing him north this year, replacing a fan favourite with him too so I hope he's worth it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:54 pm 

Every time I get a skerrick of hope for Aus rugby, it's harshly dashed on the rocks like a seal under the club of Andrew Hore. It's f**k depressing. :((

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:55 pm 

Sprig wrote:
Silver wrote:
akann wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:

except in the first game. And the Tongan bear played a lot last year at LH with Reggie often injured.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:57 pm 

And it seems like Thomson might be f++ked again. I did wonder about the soundness of bring him back. It might have been better to keep him on ice or in the reserves. But he will likely have to go under the knife now so that's another lock down

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:58 pm 

BBB wrote:
Tehui wrote:
BBB wrote:
akann wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:

Hell no, to your second.

Would you believe Wyatt Crockett 2.0?

A bit more realistic. It's good to have a bit more depth at tight head prop behind Owen Franks though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:58 pm 

hp18 wrote:
Ted. wrote:
hp18 wrote:
Ted. wrote:

Just gets shit done on a regular basis then? Rennie's bringing him north this year, replacing a fan favourite with him too so I hope he's worth it.

I hope he does the business for you. He'll be a lose to the Canes, there's no doubt about that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:02 pm 

Ted. wrote:
hp18 wrote:
Ted. wrote:
hp18 wrote:
Ted. wrote:

I hope he does the business for you. He'll be a lose to the Canes, there's no doubt about that.

Hes been good this year and last. Before this he was barely adequate at super rugby level. so hes been transformed and then he takes off

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:03 pm 

BB set up 5 tries :shock:
- 3 cross kicks (to Jane, Aso, and Laumape)
- 2 passes (both to Aso)

He must have made another 150 metres easily, and some of his passing was awesome. I remember one cut-out which took out the whole Brumbies defence and should have set up a try.

I was also very impressed with Riccitelli and TJP when he came on.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:04 pm 

Re lock

Maybe this young man could be called up

Birth date: 16/04/1997

Nickname: Izzy from Gizzy.

Height: 1.97m

Weight: 122kg

Club: Poneke

Primary School: Manutahi (Ruatoria)

High School: Gisborne Boys' High School

Provincial debut: v Thames Valley, 2015 (For Poverty Bay)

Most memorable rugby moment: Playing for the U20s at World Junior Championships in 2016.

Earliest rugby memory: Playing under 8s for Ruatoria.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:16 pm 

Ted. wrote:

Did Pocock actually play? I don't remember hearing his name

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:17 pm 

Kiwias wrote:
Ted. wrote:

No. He having a year out of rugby

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:26 pm 

just watching the replay, Nisbo after Corey Jane's try, (sotto voce) "Vintage, vintage..."
:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:50 pm 

Kiwias wrote:
Ted. wrote:

Completely outclassed in this one. :nod:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:16 pm 

Finally finished watching the delayed coverage, and then going through an entire box of tissues and 8 lem sips.

Great first 20 mins. Terrible 2nd 20 and then a futtbucking in the 2nd half.

FÙCKING GET THAT UP YA!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:26 pm 

77 points without a single three-pointer.

I wonder if that is a record

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:32 pm 

Kiwias wrote:

100 % kicking from both teams as well

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:44 pm 

Kiwias wrote:

Pretty sure when your lot put 145 on Japan there were no pens in that total?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:54 pm 

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Kiwias wrote:

We scored 21 tries and 20 conversions but Japan kicked one penalty to go with their two converted tries.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:57 pm 

Kiwias wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Kiwias wrote:

We scored 21 tries and 20 conversions but Japan kicked one penalty to go with their two converted tries.

Sorry. Misread that as the record from 1 team.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:58 pm 

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Kiwias wrote:

Sorry. Misread that as the record from 1 team.

You are correct in the 95 AB total being a record for one team with no 3-pointers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:58 pm 

Ogre wrote:
Finally finished watching the delayed coverage, and then going through an entire box of tissues and 8 lem sips.

Great first 20 mins. Terrible 2nd 20 and then a futtbucking in the 2nd half.

FÙCKING GET THAT UP YA!

Oh come on the Brumbies played well .... for ten or so minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:01 am 

I guess the big positive for the Brumbies is that they are guaranteed to stay on top of the Australian Conference, regardless of the results of other games this weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:17 am 

Just watched the match. Very enjoyable!

The Hurricanes forwards are all putting in a good shift and allowing the backs to carve up the opposition.

So how's our midfield going offensively?

Tries so far this season:
10 Aso
9 Laumape
9 entire Rebels team.

:o

The duo's combined 19 tries is more than the total tries for 7 teams in the competition!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:24 am 

Also nice to see Beaudy working to complete his running game with the shoulder charge and the big fends... :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:25 am 

Are players such as Vince Aso, Ngani Laumape and Matt Proctor worthy of being included in the discussion for the Lions series? Proctor and Laumpe have enjoyed rave reviews all season, but obviously opportunities in the All Black midfield are limited, with a logjam of quality players. Auckland born Vince Aso is only 22 years old, and also looks to be a player of the future. Interestingly he left Auckland and the Blues because of a lack of opportunitues.

Also, what do people think of Julian Savea's form? He's not fat, and he's trying to involve himself as much as he can, but he just doesn't seem to be as effective/dangerous as he has in the past? Should he continue to enjoy 'guaranteed selection' status at he All Black selection table.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:07 am 

Have to agree that he is not automatic any longer. Teams seemed to have worked out Julian out to a degree. Still the Canes have been smart enough to leverage that, that bust by BB where Julian had received and then passed rather than crashing into the waiting pod of defenders for example.

Then again if Gatlands going to put Halfpenny as full back...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:10 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
Also, what do people think of Julian Savea's form? He's not fat, and he's trying to involve himself as much as he can, but he just doesn't seem to be as effective/dangerous as he has in the past? Should he continue to enjoy 'guaranteed selection' status at he All Black selection table.

I wouldn't select Julian Savea in my AB side, and I'm a Hurricanes fan. Who's deserves the opportunity to start ahead of him though?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:31 am 

It looks like Thomson is gone for the season, another dislocated shoulder. We're very low in the big loose forwards and locks now, in fact crises point has been passed.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:43 am 

Ted. wrote:
It looks like Thomson is gone for the season, another dislocated shoulder. We're very low in the big loose forwards and locks now, in fact crises point has been passed.

Clucking Bell.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:45 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
Are players such as Vince Aso, Ngani Laumape and Matt Proctor worthy of being included in the discussion for the Lions series? Proctor and Laumpe have enjoyed rave reviews all season, but obviously opportunities in the All Black midfield are limited, with a logjam of quality players. Auckland born Vince Aso is only 22 years old, and also looks to be a player of the future. Interestingly he left Auckland and the Blues because of a lack of opportunitues.

To the first short answer no. Aso's defense is pretty questionable it will improve with age. Laumape is looking fantastic but I feel his game is pretty limited and would struggle against the more organised defenses. Proctor has the most rounded game out of the three but no not better than the AB incumbents and SBW.

The second I think he is just second guessing everything he does so it just looks to me to be slow motion a shadow of who he once was. Still feel if he gets a few things go his way the form could come back in a hurry but that is mostly wishful thinking.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8