Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 665 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:23 pm 

Bro, we got this.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:34 pm 

who? wrote:
Munster haven't won a home semi (nor any semi under any coach but Kidney), Sarries haven't won an away semi. Something's gotta give...

2006 :?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:36 pm 

Hawk97 wrote:
Bro, we got this.

Have they just heard about Launchbury?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:38 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:09 pm 

lorcanoworms wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:
Can't wait. Packing the flasck and the hang sanniggighes so as no to spend money in the pale

You'll have cucumber sandwiches like everybody else, you're not in Twomint Pork now.[/quote

Ah I'd murder a few good prawn sambos but cucumber is just rank!

Out of interest any good thoughts on parking for those of us driving up sat morning. I always go train and an overnight for Ireland matches but gotta hot foot it down sat night.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:14 pm 

Hellraiser wrote:
who? wrote:
Munster haven't won a home semi (nor any semi under any coach but Kidney), Sarries haven't won an away semi. Something's gotta give...

Leinster were the home team in that semi in 2006

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:16 pm 

Leinsterman wrote:
Hellraiser wrote:
who? wrote:

Leinster were the home team in that semi in 2006

That's right :smug:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:35 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
lorcanoworms wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:
Can't wait. Packing the flasck and the hang sanniggighes so as no to spend money in the pale

You'll have cucumber sandwiches like everybody else, you're not in Twomint Pork now.[/quote

Out of interest any good thoughts on parking for those of us driving up sat morning. I always go train and an overnight for Ireland matches but gotta hot foot it down sat night.

Nope never use the car for Rugby so no ideas.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:41 pm 

Drive up to Red Cow Luas and park there,probably around an hour all in to get to LR using luas and the dart, done it a few times and it's handy enough.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:41 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:

What time will you be arriving in Dublin at? You should be able to get a spot on Wellington Road off Baggot Street which would be handy enough.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:46 pm 

Aiming to be in Dublin by 10 I suppose. Red cow might be a good shout.

Usually make a weekend of an Ireland match it'll be weird not being blind drunk in the aviva

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:48 pm 

Leinsterman wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:

What time will you be arriving in Dublin at? You should be able to get a spot on Wellington Road off Baggot Street which would be handy enough.

Is that on street parking? I'll be heading pretty quick after the game

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:48 pm 

What time should I be aiming to be at the Red Cow? I imagine half of Munster will be trying to park there so want to make sure I get a spot.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:50 pm 

fogerty wrote:
What time should I be aiming to be at the Red Cow? I imagine half of Munster will be trying to park there so want to make sure I get a spot.

Latest I'd get there would be 11:30/12.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:50 pm 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
Drive up to Red Cow Luas and park there,probably around an hour all in to get to LR using luas and the dart, done it a few times and it's handy enough.

No need for the dart at all. Just get out at the point and stroll across the eastgate bridge. Only about 15 mins walk.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:51 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:

Is that on street parking? I'll be heading pretty quick after the game

Yes, on street parking but free on Saturday.
It's very handy for a quick getaway after the game - up Baggot Street and into the city centre, out past Heuston and then hit the M50

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:53 pm 

Waterloo Rd has free on street parking too on Saturday just NOT on the side the bus lane is on. Right around the corner from Wellington Rd.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:55 pm 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
fogerty wrote:

Latest I'd get there would be 11:30/12.

Thanks, I'll probably be up well before that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:03 pm 

Cheers lads

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:05 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
lorcanoworms wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:

Park up by the pepper cannister, walk down, it's about twenty minutes, then afterwards you go straight towards the south circular and avoid the canal all the way.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:08 pm 

Pepper canister?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:11 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
Pepper canister?

http://www.dublintown.ie/business/the-p ... er-church/

I park here all the time for match days, then again I'm only coming from Portobello (with a mother in law waiting on a hip replacement, I'm not that lazy)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:13 pm 

Ah gotcha.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:14 pm 

Any tickets available?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:17 pm 

I'd say there should be loads at the ground. Haven't heard of anyone who wanted them not getting tickets

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:24 pm 

Anybody think this is the true final this year ? If Saracens get past Munster, they're champs; likewise if Munster get through, they'll get the trophy ? I think so.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:28 pm 

Dork Lard wrote:
Anybody think this is the true final this year ? If Saracens get past Munster, they're champs; likewise if Munster get through, they'll get the trophy ? I think so.

Nope, not for Munster anyway, I'd fancy our chances more against Clermont than Leinster.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:29 pm 

So is it easy to get them at the ground? Are the touts reliable ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:30 pm 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
Dork Lard wrote:

Nope, not for Munster anyway, I'd fancy our chances more against Clermont than Leinster.

Agreed, we don't have the same depth either. An attritional game to get through before we start thinking about a final

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:39 pm 

Kleyn is a massive loss from our pack. I'd fear Leinster in a final tbh for at least another season while I'd feel if we could hang in there v clermont we could rattle them

I suspect a sarries v Leinster final with very little between them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:06 pm 

Quote:
- This will be Munster’s 12th European Cup semi-final - a record for the competition - while Saracens have reached the semi-finals for a sixth time and for the fifth season in a row.
- Munster will be playing their 158th tournament game - the most of any club. The two-time champions are currently level with Toulouse, who they beat in the quarter-finals, on 157 matches.
- This will be the eighth meeting between the clubs; Munster have won five of the previous seven clashes (lost two), although those two defeats against Saracens have come in their last three meetings.
- These sides have met once before in the semi-final with Munster progressing to the final in 2008 after an 18-16 victory at the Ricoh Arena before going on to lift trophy in Cardiff.
- Saracens are unbeaten in their last 16 Champions Cup games (W15, D1), and only Leinster have gone on a longer unbeaten streak in the competition (W16, D1, 2010-2012).
- Munster have won their last four Champions Cup games and have not gone on a longer run since winning six-in-a-row in 2013/14 when they last reached the semi-final.
- Chris Ashton needs just one try to become the outright top try scorer in European Cup history. He is currently level with Vincent Clerc on 36 tries.
- Munster (five) and Saracens (eight) have conceded fewer tries than any other side this season, with both teams yet to concede a first-half try.
- CJ Stander has made 114 carries this season, and no other player has made more than 100 carries so far in the competition.

- Owen Farrell (97) and Tyler Bleyendaal (94) are the top point scorers in the Champions Cup this season, and no other player has scored more than 80 points to date. Farrell was last season’s top scorer with 127 points.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:10 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
Kleyn is a massive loss from our pack. I'd fear Leinster in a final tbh for at least another season while I'd feel if we could hang in there v clermont we could rattle them

I suspect a sarries v Leinster final with very little between them.

This is far too sensible.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:20 pm 

Some tickets have popped up on Ticketmaster, FOMO got the better of me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:44 pm 

When are the teams going to be announced ? I have been looking and I can find nothing so I guess it must be tomorrow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:45 pm 

webbcaster wrote:
When are the teams going to be announced ? I have been looking and I can find nothing so I guess it must be tomorrow

The same day any teams for Saturday fixtures are announced I'd guess.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:25 pm 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
Dork Lard wrote:

well that's certainly an interesting topic. Clermont have the upperhand psychologically perhaps over Munster regards to the last recent pool confrontations, but Munster have returned to contending form since. Munster know Leinster much better than they do Clermont, so there's an element of unknown vs the Auvergne team...but maybe Munster's simplicity and smothering defense would be just what's needed to win a cup final against Clermont, where Leinster might be able to respond in kind. But I'm really not certain a full strength Clermont side would be happier news for Munster, in theory. By mid-May, if Clermont are still alive in the cup they could be pretty healthy again.

I would think however the Saracens-Munster victor will be the Cup winner. We'll know more about that in a couple days ! :proud:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:53 pm 

sewa wrote:
JoeyFantastic wrote:
If we had Murray fit, I think we'd have a good chance but he won't be. Williams has done well, but Murray is world class.

I am not liking the fact neither scrum half played last weekend. Big ask for Gus and / or Griesel if they have to play in such a high profile game. Griesel has only been playing AIL and Gus was thrown out of both Leinster and Ulster academies already

You're so full of shit. Gus was never in either academy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:51 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
sewa wrote:
JoeyFantastic wrote:
If we had Murray fit, I think we'd have a good chance but he won't be. Williams has done well, but Murray is world class.

I am not liking the fact neither scrum half played last weekend. Big ask for Gus and / or Griesel if they have to play in such a high profile game. Griesel has only been playing AIL and Gus was thrown out of both Leinster and Ulster academies already

You're so full of shit. Gus was never in either academy.

So he's not even good enough to have been in an academy :uhoh: we're doomed.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:10 pm 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
Some tickets have popped up on Ticketmaster, FOMO got the better of me.

Sounds like there's plenty of tickets floating around

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:12 pm 

Is it just Murray that still is a doubt?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 665 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next