Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 665 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:35 pm 

theo wrote:
Ashton's going to take some shit, isn't he.

why, what did he eat ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:48 pm 

The scrum half cover is puzzling, maybe we will end up with POM doing a Bergamasco

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:49 pm 

sewa wrote:
The scrum half cover is puzzling, maybe we will end up with POM doing a Bergamasco

It'll be Keats, he's been taking SH duties during the week.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:51 pm 

sewa wrote:

it'll be Williams staying on unless he is broken, I'd say it could be Conway for some reason if something happens him, Williams in fairness to him is a pretty tough customer.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:59 pm 

I really thought Munster could do it and have had stupid optimism all week. However, seeing those teams, I think Sarries will take it :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:11 pm 

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:
sewa wrote:

it'll be Williams staying on unless he is broken, I'd say it could be Conway for some reason if something happens him, Williams in fairness to him is a pretty tough customer.

Ya he might get dogs abuse from some but he's as tough as old boots.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:58 pm 

I've never been a huge Williams fan and he does throw the odd howler but he's had his best season by some distance. In the last few weeks he has played 80 minutes against Glasgow and 78 minutes against Toulouse and has not let the side down. This is a much bigger step up but with a first choice pack and Bleedinhall outside of him he should have the ingredients to get it done. I do think that any video analyst worth his salt will have identified him as a weak point so it's up to the pack to give him ball on a plate and to block Sarries forwards from his path as much as possible. Itoje in particular will be looking to get in his face all game long so we'll need to win the battle up front and make them more worried about staying in the game than getting at Duncan.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:01 pm 

Williams has come on hugely, I'm always a huge admirer of anyone who can have an off patch and turn it around.

He seems to have cut out the once-a-game pass-to-noone, has upped the pace of his game, rarely gets scragged in contact any more, links well with the forwards and upped his defensive /disruptive workrate.

I'm still hoping the lack of 8 cover means this is all last-minute gamesmanship and Murray is going to make an appearance. :P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:43 pm 

aw shieet, dis in just a few hours now technically.
It's just flat-out random to call really, isn't it.. Saracens are a fkng great team, like the Vunipola brothers must really be difficult to feed week in week out so that's made the whole organization and team creative as a consequence on the Rugby pitch and I heard a rumor the V bros threatened Owen Farrell they'll eat his girlfriend if he doesn't make all his kicks, and Munster man how to put it eloquently they'll fk you up so yeah hmm...
what's for dessert ? Yeah, a draw. They'll play three straight overtimes then just call it a day and go to the pub and offer chocolate sundaes to the ppl in the stands as compensation.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:45 pm 

Got a funny feeling Sarries are going to absolutely boss this.

The Pearl and Kruis are going to be well up for it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:46 pm 

Dork Lard wrote:
aw shieet, dis in just a few hours now technically.
It's just flat-out random to call really, isn't it.. Saracens are a fkng great team, like the Vunipola brothers must really be difficult to feed week in week out so that's made the whole organization and team creative as a consequence on the Rugby pitch and I heard a rumor the V bros threatened Owen Farrell they'll eat his girlfriend if he doesn't make all his kicks, and Munster man how to put it eloquently they'll fk you up so yeah hmm...
what's for dessert ? Yeah, a draw. They'll play three straight overtimes then just call it a day and go to the pub and offer chocolate sundaes to the ppl in the stands as compensation.

I'd take that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:48 pm 

But seriously,we have to come flying out of the blocks and scare the shïte out of them early on, if PoM can disrupt their first lineout and we get CJ to give either of the halfbacks a clatter we might be in with a shout.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:49 pm 

Both teams have an awesome defence but I feel Sarries have more going forward. Munsters attack has mostly been based around frenetic close in carries and tactical play by Murrray and Bleyendal. Murrays loss along with CJ's recent injury and no Kleyn will be huge to that attacking play.

Sarries by a little more than a score.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:58 pm 

MrDominator wrote:

hey ! that's not funny at all !!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:14 pm 

MrDominator wrote:

Sorry but, The Pearl?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:42 pm 

Only Kruis' second game back after a few months out- he's bound to still be rusty- slightly surprised Taylor is not involved.
Very hard to call- Munster will be well up for this.. should be epic- can't wait.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:10 pm 

This match will be like two heavyweight sluggers beating the living piss out of each other. Not to invoke the mockers, but the very fact that Munster have made it this far, given their form last season and with Foley's passing earlier this year, is testament to their mentality. While both defences are equally matched, Sarries probably do have more going forward. However, the presence of 45,000+ Munster fans in Lansdowne Road tomorrow can't be understated.

The heart is telling me Munster will win by 5

The head is telling me Sarries by 10+

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:14 pm 

feckwanker wrote:
This match will be like two heavyweight sluggers beating the living piss out of each other. Not to invoke the mockers, but the very fact that Munster have made it this far, given their form last season and with Foley's passing earlier this year, is testament to their mentality. While both defences are equally matched, Sarries probably do have more going forward. However, the presence of 45,000+ Munster fans in Lansdowne Road tomorrow can't be understated.

That sounds fair to me. I'd love us to win, but just can't see it unless we're 100% accurate and Sarries are off the pace a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:21 pm 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
feckwanker wrote:

That sounds fair to me. I'd love us to win, but just can't see it unless we're 100% accurate and Sarries are off the pace a bit.

If we were to win, and it's a massive IF,..........

I'm convinced we'd win the trophy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:53 pm 

feckwanker wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:
feckwanker wrote:

If we were to win, and it's a massive IF,..........

I'm convinced we'd win the trophy.

Against ASM, I'd be 90% sure of it, against Leinster, we'd be 50/50 at best.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:55 pm 

Do a head to head, factor in 40,000 odd supporters.

We've been here before, this time we've got peerless guidance.

Sarries are a great team, that must be applauded.

They have no idea just what a shitstorm is going to hit them tomorrow.

Leinster will stuff Clermont on Sunday.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:57 pm 

gokwe wrote:

I did a unit head to head, Sarries are the better units, not sure they're the better team though.
Leinster might beat Clermont, but they certainly won't stuff them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:56 am 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
gokwe wrote:

I did a unit head to head, Sarries are the better units, not sure they're the better team though.
Leinster might beat Clermont, but they certainly won't stuff them.

Saracens wont have been hit as hard in long time than first 20 tomorrow.....we'll be ferocious from the off, if they deal with it, they'll deserve the win.....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:22 am 

We need to hit them hard for 20 and then harder again, every team expects a hectic opening 20.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:41 am 

Been awake since 3 with nerves/excitement! Can't wait to get on the road.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:54 am 

Can't fupping wait. Safe travels all.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:14 am 

fogerty wrote:
Been awake since 3 with nerves/excitement! Can't wait to get on the road.

Just having the dinner now, straight run at the day.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:23 am 

Just getting the ablutions out of the way, and then headed for the 9 o'clock train. Won't be many from the club on it with a promotion playoff against Rainey scheduled for this afternoon. Was a bit conflicted about travelling tbh.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:26 am 

Lenny wrote:
Just getting the ablutions out of the way, and then headed for the 9 o'clock train. Won't be many from the club on it with a promotion playoff against Rainey scheduled for this afternoon. Was a bit conflicted about travelling tbh.

Best of luck, hopefully it's a day to remember on both fronts.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:02 am 

Sadly could not make it over for this game. Will be in some twickenham boozer surrounded by sarries fans I imagine. God it would be mighty if Munster win and tee up the weekend nicely.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:10 am 

danny_fitz wrote:
Sadly could not make it over for this game. Will be in some twickenham boozer surrounded by sarries fans I imagine. God it would be mighty if Munster win and tee up the weekend nicely.

When you say surrounded by, do you mean there'll by 2 sitting at a table near you?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:13 am 

Going to miss this :x

Can't call it though - perhaps Munster to shade it with home advantage.

Presume the crowd will be about 51K Munster and 700 Saracens

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:34 am 

Right, hitting the road to cram in some pre-match pints.

Let's f**k do this!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:59 am 

have to co-ordinate between mates flying, taking train form various destinations and meeting some of them at the Den Landsdowne Hotel and getting our tickets from another crew at Crowes Pub in Ballsbridge....wouldnt have it any other way....its go time !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcFSOnumgZA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:01 am 

I'm on the road since 7. Beautiful and sunny all the way up from Baltimore and through to Fermoy so long may it last!

Managed around 2 hours sleep and I still can't decide which way this is going. But feck it we'll roar ourselves hoarse and then some for the lads.

Sarries won't knock us out without losing some blood and teeth along the way!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:07 am 

No offence to the French but if Munster do beat Saracens a Munster vs Leinster final is much more appealing for pure spite and entertainment value.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:07 am 

G'wan Munster best of luck today lads, beat the tripe out of Sarries. :nod:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:32 am 

MrDominator wrote:

And as a lifelong Munster supporter I have got the same feeling that Sarries are going to boss it they have got far more high quality players than Munster have got take Stander , O Mahoney and D Ryan out of the Munster team and what have they got Zebo was right up there but now he is not the player that he was

Also the weather could have a bg say in how the game goes a wet day would suit Munster more than Sarries I guess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:25 am 

Big high kick off down Billy or Itoje's throat and hit him with a wave of red 0.3 of a second later!

Get stuck into Ashton and Itoje from the off because there are yellow cards there to be provoked.

Slow them down at the breakdown. Use every trick in the book to hassle and annoy them from delivering Farrell that quick ball he got against Glasgow.

Then pepper their back 3 with high, hanging box kicks. Make every hit count and keep their pack moving, moving, moving all day long.

Do all that and with the drive from the stands, a few pieces of individual brilliance and a handful of luck, we'll stand a chance.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:54 pm 

Best of luck Munster! :thumbup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 665 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next