Chat Forum
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 2:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:26 pm 

Petej wrote:
Bath still Bath (flaky). Ford to bottle it?

That's what made the game. The sides are so similar in terms of attacking threat and total flakiness.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:26 pm 

Watson blew the game for Bath but Ford's kicking is just :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:27 pm 

Wendigo7 wrote:
Ford's been pathetic this year.

That's not fair. If he was expected to get kicks like that he would probably be going to New Zealand this year.

Why the hell would you go for the kick... Ford was always less than 50% to get that- and only to take it to extra time..

Clive Simms wrote:
Typical French n00bs. Had the game in the bag. Got totally outclassed then claim heroism that got them through. Don't know what they are even doing in the semi final anyway

Whose multi is this turd? :|

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:28 pm 

plum-pudding wrote:
Why the hell would you go for the kick... Ford was always less than 50% to get that- and only to take it to extra time..

Bath would have walked it in extra time.

Clive Simms wrote:
Typical French n00bs. Had the game in the bag. Got totally outclassed then claim heroism that got them through. Don't know what they are even doing in the semi final anyway

And yet, they're going to win the Cup. :nod:

Clive Simms wrote:

Are you having a fit?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:29 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
Wendigo7 wrote:

That's not fair. If he was expected to get kicks like that he would probably be going to New Zealand this year.

There's only so many times you can keep defending it before it wears thin.

Farrell will get those kicks. He has to start hitting them. Now.

If he doesn't and he doesn't develop even more at 10, I'd be tempted to try another 10. He just doesn't seem to like pressure.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:30 pm 

Sadly, not surprised by either Watson or Ford there. Never expected Ford to put that over and would never have expected Farrell to miss. Watching Sarries yesterday, so much of what makes them so good is just how mentally hard they are. Is it time to wonder about Farrell at 10 for England?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:30 pm 

Wendigo7 wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Wendigo7 wrote:

If he doesn't and he doesn't develop even more at 10, I'd be tempted to try another 10. He just doesn't seem to like pressure.

Just use another kicker. Ford is too much an attacking threat to give up on. You reckon NZ will drop Barrett because he can't kick for sh*t?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:31 pm 

elfieldinho wrote:
Sadly, not surprised by either Watson or Ford there. Never expected Ford to put that over and would never have expected Farrell to miss. Watching Sarries yesterday, so much of what makes them so good is just how mentally hard they are. Is it time to wonder about Farrell at 10 for England?

Farrell is about as creative as a boy band. Leave him at 12 and let him kick to his heart's content.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:32 pm 

elfieldinho wrote:

No, Farrell's a 12.

But I want a hardnut passing 10.

Put Lozowski next to Farrell. Let's see what happens. Lozowski won't have to worry about controlling the game because Farrell will marshall him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:32 pm 

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Just use another kicker. Ford is too much an attacking threat to give up on. You reckon NZ will drop Barrett because he can't kick for sh*t?

This. Ford's passing game is just too good to ignore. The Ford-Farrell 10-12 axis with the latter doing the kicks is great for England.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:33 pm 

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Wendigo7 wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Wendigo7 wrote:

He makes breaks. He tackles. He breaks the line.

Ford used to do that. At times Ford just buckles. There's only so many times you can say it before maybe his physique is just too much to trade off.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:33 pm 

George Ford is a fantastic Rugby player, he's creative, he senses situations well, he can be consistently electrifying.... but he's small, his tackling still is a problem every so often, and he's not the greatest goal-kicker of all-time. Those are some bad points going against him for a high level flyhalf.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:34 pm 

EverReady wrote:
Clive Simms wrote:

Are you having a fit?

Yes call an ambulance for me

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:34 pm 

Wendigo7 wrote:
elfieldinho wrote:

No, Farrell's a 12.

Put Lozowski next to Farrell. Let's see what happens. Lozowski won't have to worry about controlling the game because Farrell will marshall him.

What? Why?

I just watched Ford take control of that game from 10 and turn it from a comfortable SF win to Bath being in control. But he pushed a couple of kicks wide so Lozowski should play for England while Farrell kicks.

That doesn't make any sense.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:35 pm 

Wendigo7 wrote:

Ford used to do that. At times Ford just buckles. There's only so many times you can say it before maybe his physique is just too much to trade off.

Ford: 52m, 2 clean breaks, 3 defenders beaten

only Roko and Watson did more with ball in hand for Bath

Last edited by JM2K6 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:35 pm 

will Watson ever stop being such a crap defender

the people pushing for him to pay at 15 are mental

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:36 pm 

JM2K6 wrote:
Wendigo7 wrote:
elfieldinho wrote:

No, Farrell's a 12.

What? Why?

I just watched Ford take control of that game from 10 and turn it from a comfortable SF win to Bath being in control. But he pushed a couple of kicks wide so Lozowski should play for England while Farrell kicks.

Ford lost the game the moment he kicked short.

He kicks long at the restart. It's extra time and bath win.

Little decision make a big difference. That loss due to circumstances was his fault. He kicks long. They don't drop goal. Bath probably win.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:37 pm 

JM2K6 wrote:
Wendigo7 wrote:

Ford: 52m, 2 clean breaks, 3 defenders beaten

only Roko and Watson did more with ball in hand for Bath

About what Farrell achieves in a season :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:38 pm 

Wendigo7 wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
Wendigo7 wrote:
elfieldinho wrote:

No, Farrell's a 12.

What? Why?

Ford lost the game the moment he kicked short.

He kicks long at the restart. It's extra time and bath win.

Little decision make a big difference. That loss due to circumstances was his fault. He kicks long. They don't drop goal. Bath probably win.

Why do you think Bath would win in extra time? Louw didn't think so, otherwise he'd have told Ford to go long. Without Ford at 10, Bath don't come back to be winning in the first place.

Bath lost that game when Watson let what was a bunch of lumbering forwards in the 22 create a break, then again when he blew a simple try.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:38 pm 

openclashXX wrote:

His passing is fairly pish too. Good runner and stepper but the rest of his game needs work.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:40 pm 

Wendigo7 wrote:
elfieldinho wrote:

No, Farrell's a 12.

I want to see more of Slade at 10.

The Bath set up is flaky. Anyone else think that Cook is an awful scrumhalf?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:41 pm 

I want to see less of Slade at 10.

He's a lovely 13, a promising 12, and a horror show at 10.

Cook's a brilliant scrumhalf if you want one that gets quick accurate passes out from the base, but the rest of his game isn't up to scratch.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:43 pm 

Gospel wrote:
openclashXX wrote:

His passing is fairly pish too. Good runner and stepper but the rest of his game needs work.

he butchered the two-on-one at the end with Roko pretty badly as well

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:43 pm 

Wendigo7 wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Wendigo7 wrote:

I'm not defending it. I said months ago he had no chance of going on the Lions tour and Gatland would be mad to play Farrell at 12. I was a huge supporter of his but no longer. I doubt there is a fly-half in the AP who has more drop goal attempts when playing advantage. I feel with him it's because he doesn't want to have to attempt the penalty kick.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:45 pm 

Wendigo7 wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Wendigo7 wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Wendigo7 wrote:

Ford used to be a real threat ball in hand but that part of his game has withered in the last two years. It's a real shame because his dummy to pass and quick dart used to get him in behind teams all the time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:51 pm 

Torquemada 1420 wrote:

In what parallel universe is Ford relatable to Barrett as an attacking threat? I can't even remember his last line-break at test level, whereas you lose count of Barrett's. Tactical kicks are probably his best asset at that level. Ford has no BMT, he is just not good at crunch time and is little better than all your flakey French flyhalves in the past decade.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:55 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
Ford used to be a real threat ball in hand but that part of his game has withered in the last two years. It's a real shame because his dummy to pass and quick dart used to get him in behind teams all the time.

It has been pretty clear he has wanted to leave Bath for most of this season. He does seem to have missed Stringer.

Did Bath bring on Priestland?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:59 pm 

Rugby2023 wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:

In what parallel universe is Ford relatable to Barrett as an attacking threat? I can't even remember his last line-break at test level, whereas you lose count of Barrett's. Tactical kicks are probably his best asset at that level. Ford has no BMT, he is just not good at crunch time and is little better than all your flakey French flyhalves in the past decade.

Barrett's streets ahead of everyone as a line-breaking 10, tbh. But we only saw Ford's running game against Italy. I just find it strange that people are slagging off his running game after a game in which his running game was to the fore.

What's BMT?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:03 pm 

Big match temperament?
I have been a huge fan of the subtlety of Ford's game. I agree that it's a huge over-simplification to see a fly-half who wants to leave a flaky team as summed up by Bath's failings today, just as giving Farrell too much credit for Saracens mentality is dangerous. Tough to keep denying though that Ford has temperament issues. To me Farrell gets better all the time as a ten and the gap is closer than most would have it in skill terms. Honest question though- do Sarries win against Munster with Ford at 10 instead?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:04 pm 

JM2K6 wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:

Barrett's streets ahead of everyone as a line-breaking 10, tbh. But we only saw Ford's running game against Italy. I just find it strange that people are slagging off his running game after a game in which his running game was to the fore.

What's BMT?

It's because we all know it's there but it is rare to see it.

+1 BMT wtf ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:05 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:

What's BMT?

It's because we all know it's there but it is rare to see it.

+1 BMT wtf ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:06 pm 

JM2K6 wrote:
Barrett's streets ahead of everyone as a line-breaking 10, tbh. But we only saw Ford's running game against Italy. I just find it strange that people are slagging off his running game after a game in which his running game was to the fore. What's BMT?

Big match temperament.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:09 pm 

Oh.

Well, we've seen Ford in a large number of big matches at international level under Eddie. He's done fine.

Anon, I agree it's disappeared a bit, but that honestly felt like something that was being coached out of him. Bath became addicted to their attacking diamond play and it ended up stopping him from his more unstructured gainline play.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:41 pm 

Can we get Ford to work with Paul Grayson? Worked wonders on Freddie Burns' kicking.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:55 pm 

JM2K6 wrote:
Oh.

Well, we've seen Ford in a large number of big matches at international level under Eddie. He's done fine.

Anon, I agree it's disappeared a bit, but that honestly felt like something that was being coached out of him. Bath became addicted to their attacking diamond play and it ended up stopping him from his more unstructured gainline play.

Hard for any FH to play behind a poor pack. I notice that Ford only comes into games for Bath as sides tire and space comes naturally. Hos fwds seem incapable of creating enough of it for him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:04 pm 

BMT= Big Match Temperament

As for Clive Simms I suspect he is Muffstuffa.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next