Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 912 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:34 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 3855
Image


Matmut Stadium, Lyon

Image

Image



Clermont Injury report:


Still no Fofana of course. Backs Nakaitaci, Toeava out for the season. Winger Adrien Planté out as well, and other winger Rémi Grosso unable to participate by contract in the Euro Cup.
Uncertain: lock Sébastien Vahaamahina (shoulder), Tighthead prop Davit Zirakashvili (ankle), hooker Benjamin Kayser (knee).
:?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:41 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 3855
Dork Lard wrote:
Clermont Injury report:


Still no Fofana of course. Backs Nakaitaci, Toeava out for the season. Winger Adrien Planté out as well, and other winger Rémi Grosso unable to participate by contract in the Euro Cup.
Uncertain: lock Sébastien Vahaamahina (shoulder), Tighthead prop Davit Zirakashvili (ankle), hooker Benjamin Kayser (knee).
:?


They don't have much choice left with their back line selection. At all. Will they be going something like 11.Strettle 15.Bendy 14.Raka with the back trio, or will they put Spedding at 15 and move Bendy to one wing - and then Lamerat surely one of the midfield spots with who next to him: youngster rookie Damian Penaud, grampa Rougerie, or kiwi Benson Stanley (currently on so-so form) ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:29 pm
Posts: 5691
I fancy Leinster for this one.
Plus Nige is reffing so Clermont are f**k.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:50 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 3855
Jim Lahey wrote:
I fancy Leinster for this one.
Plus Nige is reffing so Clermont are f**k.


Unfortunately, this might indeed play a prejudicial role against Clermont.

The ASM will have their first choice halfback pairing, but there are dents in all other sectors/lines of the starting team. It's really too bad for them after such an enormous first part of the competition.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3283
Anyone else going?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2538
Location: Switzerland
themaddog wrote:
Anyone else going?

Yep.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21800
On the injury front Leinster will be without Heaslip and Rob Kearney. Basically fully fit otherwise and both of those guys have ample cover.

Heaslip is certainly a loss though, has been in superb form this season.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35311
themaddog wrote:
Anyone else going?

Yep, three of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35311
danthefan wrote:
On the injury front Leinster will be without Heaslip and Rob Kearney. Basically fully fit otherwise and both of those guys have ample cover.

Heaslip is certainly a loss though, has been in superb form this season.

And Jordi Murphy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32563
Saving for a house. Can't afford this kind of leisure anymore. :x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3283
camroc1 wrote:
danthefan wrote:
On the injury front Leinster will be without Heaslip and Rob Kearney. Basically fully fit otherwise and both of those guys have ample cover.

Heaslip is certainly a loss though, has been in superb form this season.

And Jordi Murphy.

Dave K too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20344
Neither Dave nor Jordi would be guaranteed to even be in the 23 for this one. Rob and Jamie are the only definite starters who are out, and even their backups are pretty handy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:25 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22653
iarmhiman wrote:
Saving for a house. Can't afford this kind of leisure anymore. :x


Just bought one

ditto


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18041
Location: balbriggan
iarmhiman wrote:
Saving for a house. Can't afford this kind of leisure anymore. :x

I get you one cheap ;)

On another note the cnuts at hq have set both AIL semis at same time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:54 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 3855
danthefan wrote:
On the injury front Leinster will be without Heaslip and Rob Kearney. Basically fully fit otherwise and both of those guys have ample cover.

Heaslip is certainly a loss though, has been in superb form this season.

Ah. Didn't know that. Heaslip. That's really some loss indeed. That sucks.

Fully fit I'd have given the nod to Clermont, not by much necessarily but Clermont anyways, but here... it's guys like Fofana and Nakaitaci that opened up defenses in the pool stages this year, either initiating or finishing - it's a guy like Zirakashvili who makes the difference in the scrum and unlocks an advantage or not in that sector of the game... and Kayser and Vahaa are really important pieces in that pack.

Clermont will still have main men like Lamerat, Strettle, the halfback pairing, and then in the pack the experience of Chouly, Fritz Lee and good youngsters like Iturria, Jedrasiak... but Leinster in a semifinal are a tough nut to bust and you'd think you ought to need all the help you can get. Clermont will be lacking in the setpiece without Kayser and Dato, and in attacking firepower for certain with all those backs out, so those are two of the main strong points of the Auvergne posse.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21800
Jack Conan is a doubt now too, not sure the Frenchies here would have seen much of him but he'd be filling in for Heaslip, he's been exceptional for Leinster this season. Both him and Heaslip out would be really bad. Could go with Ruddock at 8 or else O'Brien but neither are really 8s at this level.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 44394
danthefan wrote:
Jack Conan is a doubt now too, not sure the Frenchies here would have seen much of him but he'd be filling in for Heaslip, he's been exceptional for Leinster this season. Both him and Heaslip out would be really bad. Could go with Ruddock at 8 or else O'Brien but neither are really 8s at this level.


That'd be a bit shit. Will definitely be Ruddock and at least he's in good form but we'll lack punch and it'll definitely mean no VDF.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35311
CM11 wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Jack Conan is a doubt now too, not sure the Frenchies here would have seen much of him but he'd be filling in for Heaslip, he's been exceptional for Leinster this season. Both him and Heaslip out would be really bad. Could go with Ruddock at 8 or else O'Brien but neither are really 8s at this level.


That'd be a bit shit. Will definitely be Ruddock and at least he's in good form but we'll lack punch and it'll definitely mean no VDF.

The IT just say that Conan is a "slight doubt" for Sunday, with Lancaster "pretty optimistic on Jack.........with all the signs...positive looking to this weekend".

So I wouldn't go into full on wail mode yet !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12475
Location: Best country in the world.
themaddog wrote:
Anyone else going?


mise......going to drive up on saturday and stay a couple of nights.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23856
Location: The garden county
Conan is most definitely not Heaslip when it comes to injuries.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:14 am
Posts: 12797
Nolanator wrote:
Conan is most definitely not Heaslip when it comes to injuries.

He'd be a huge loss with Heaslip out as well. He's been incredible this season and there's no experienced 8 cover behind him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 244
Anyone got Clermont's likely team?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18041
Location: balbriggan
tickettout wrote:
Anyone got Clermont's likely team?

no Fofana, no Nakaitaci, for a start

Vahaamina and Planté likely out

team that started in Grenoble below (expect Para instead of Rado and possibly Speding instead of Abendanon)

E. Falgoux1
(62': V. Debaty)
J. Ulugia2
(67': Y. Beheregaray)
A. Jarvis3
(62': M. Simutoga)
P. Jedrasiak4
S. Vahaamahina5
(46': A. Iturria)
D. Chouly6
A. Lapandry7
F. Lee8
(62': O. Giorgadze)
L. Radosavljevic9
C. Lopez10
A. Planté11
(47': A. Raka)
B. Stanley12
D. Penaud13
D. Strettle14
N. Abendanon15


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4976
Leinster team I'd pick would be:

Carbery
Byrne
Ringrose
Henshaw
Nacewa (c)
Sexton
McGrath
McGrath
Cronin
Furlong
Toner
Triggs
Leavy
O'Brien
Conan
====
Tracy
Healy
Bent
Ruddock
JvdF
JGP
Reid
McFadden


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2643
hermie wrote:
Leinster team I'd pick would be:

Carbery
Byrne
Ringrose
Henshaw
Nacewa (c)
Sexton
McGrath
McGrath
Cronin
Furlong
Toner
Triggs
Leavy
O'Brien
Conan
====
Tracy
Healy
Bent
Ruddock
JvdF
JGP
Reid
McFadden


I'd have Kirchner in there instead of Reid based on his form since Christmas.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4976
Liathroidigloine wrote:
hermie wrote:
Leinster team I'd pick would be:

Carbery
Byrne
Ringrose
Henshaw
Nacewa (c)
Sexton
McGrath
McGrath
Cronin
Furlong
Toner
Triggs
Leavy
O'Brien
Conan
====
Tracy
Healy
Bent
Ruddock
JvdF
JGP
Reid
McFadden


I'd have Kirchner in there instead of Reid based on his form since Christmas.

Who covers 12 then? Kirchner ahead of Ferg maybe.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2643
hermie wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
hermie wrote:
Leinster team I'd pick would be:

Carbery
Byrne
Ringrose
Henshaw
Nacewa (c)
Sexton
McGrath
McGrath
Cronin
Furlong
Toner
Triggs
Leavy
O'Brien
Conan
====
Tracy
Healy
Bent
Ruddock
JvdF
JGP
Reid
McFadden


I'd have Kirchner in there instead of Reid based on his form since Christmas.

Who covers 12 then? Kirchner ahead of Ferg maybe.


I'd have Ferg and Kirchner. Both have played centre and are probably more defensively sound than Reid


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4976
Liathroidigloine wrote:
hermie wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
hermie wrote:
Leinster team I'd pick would be:

Carbery
Byrne
Ringrose
Henshaw
Nacewa (c)
Sexton
McGrath
McGrath
Cronin
Furlong
Toner
Triggs
Leavy
O'Brien
Conan
====
Tracy
Healy
Bent
Ruddock
JvdF
JGP
Reid
McFadden


I'd have Kirchner in there instead of Reid based on his form since Christmas.

Who covers 12 then? Kirchner ahead of Ferg maybe.


I'd have Ferg and Kirchner. Both have played centre and are probably more defensively sound than Reid

Nothing against Zane but if you're starting both your 10s and one of them is very injury prone I'd feel safer having a more 10-like 12 in reserve just in case. Reid's been very good this season in any case and would be there on merit imo.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2330
Location: European City of Rugger Trophies
All the Declan Kidneyists parachuting Fergus McFadden in at the expense of Byrne.

This game is not about getting a losing bonus point and keeping it tight. Attack! Attack! Attack!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:01 pm
Posts: 8422
Location: Donegal
Sissyfuss wrote:
All the Declan Kidneyists parachuting Fergus McFadden in at the expense of Byrne.

This game is not about getting a losing bonus point and keeping it tight. Attack! Attack! Attack!


WTF?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2330
Location: European City of Rugger Trophies
SASP wrote:
Sissyfuss wrote:
All the Declan Kidneyists parachuting Fergus McFadden in at the expense of Byrne.

This game is not about getting a losing bonus point and keeping it tight. Attack! Attack! Attack!


WTF?


Which part is bamboozling you? The idea of Leinster playing to their strengths and attacking with vim and vigour?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21800
Don't really see many people saying McFadden should start. Though as he wasn't involved against Connacht I wouldn't be shocked. He was very good against Wasps tbf. Scored one, crucial to Conan's try, did his basics very well, real nuisance at the ruck.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5033
No room for ROL as centre/wing cover ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:01 pm
Posts: 8422
Location: Donegal
Sissyfuss wrote:
SASP wrote:
Sissyfuss wrote:
All the Declan Kidneyists parachuting Fergus McFadden in at the expense of Byrne.

This game is not about getting a losing bonus point and keeping it tight. Attack! Attack! Attack!


WTF?


Which part is bamboozling you? The idea of Leinster playing to their strengths and attacking with vim and vigour?


I missed the red bit. Take that out and you'll see why it didn't make sense.
My mistake.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21800
Leinster in London wrote:
No room for ROL as centre/wing cover ?


I'd have him on the bench. If Ringrose can cover 12 against Aus and NZ he can do it against Clermont. ROL to cover 13 and the two wings. Nacewa to cover full back.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31387
Location: Hut 8
Jim Lahey wrote:
I fancy Leinster for this one.
Plus Nige is reffing so Clermont are f**k.

FFS. :x

Would have been 100% certainty if it were Munster.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31387
Location: Hut 8
Laurent wrote:
tickettout wrote:
Anyone got Clermont's likely team?

no Fofana, no Nakaitaci, for a start

Vahaamina and Planté likely out

team that started in Grenoble below (expect Para instead of Rado and possibly Speding instead of Abendanon)

E. Falgoux1
(62': V. Debaty)
J. Ulugia2
(67': Y. Beheregaray)
A. Jarvis3
(62': M. Simutoga)
P. Jedrasiak4
S. Vahaamahina5
(46': A. Iturria)
D. Chouly6
A. Lapandry7
F. Lee8
(62': O. Giorgadze)
L. Radosavljevic9
C. Lopez10
A. Planté11
(47': A. Raka)
B. Stanley12
D. Penaud13
D. Strettle14
N. Abendanon15


Can't see how you'd start without Lamerat unless he's injured.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 5542
Leinstertainment is back


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2643
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Jim Lahey wrote:
I fancy Leinster for this one.
Plus Nige is reffing so Clermont are f**k.

FFS. :x

Would have been 100% certainty if it were Munster.


Let's be clear, I would prefer to have Poite reffing than Nigel. He's the best ref in the world at the moment.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32563
Nige usually goes with the home team.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 912 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: anonymous_joe, Bing [Bot], Conn, DAC2016, Dork Lard, frankster, Google Adsense [Bot], guy smiley, jambanja, Jeff the Bear, jolindien, Kiwias, KnuckleDragger, Murdoch, Smee, Sprig, Taranaki Snapper, Tecumseh, waguser and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group