Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5330
I've set up a Pool at the Superbru site for the Super Rugby Predictor.

I've reactivated last year's "Plan et rugby" Pool, so everyone who played last year has got an invitation on their mail. All "Plan et rugby" club members also did.

There seem to be some trouble accessing the competition from a computer, but none whatsoever while using it from a cell phone.

For those who haven' played, it's a simple game. You just have to predict the match winner and the score difference, so it takes only a few minutes for each round...

If you haven't played before, you have to go to the Superbru site (ww.superbru.com), and log in for free with an email adress.

Then go to the Super Rugby Predictor, search for the "Plan et rugby" Pool and join. You'll be participating right from the start, even if your approval is pending, but I'll pop by every now and then to approve all players.

Last year we were 61...


Last edited by Puma on Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5330
Bump for the SH shift...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5330
Bump again...

To the mods:
Any chance of stickying this one, that is building up and needs advertising, instead of the 6N one that is already running?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5330
28 registered players with a week untl kickoff...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:50 am
Posts: 1654
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
I'm in Puma. Thanks for organising. The site did lead me round the houses a bit and it wasn't as straightforward to join up as on the older site format. Really enjoying the 6N fantasy game btw. First one I have done of those.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5330
nuffsaid wrote:
I'm in Puma. Thanks for organising. The site did lead me round the houses a bit and it wasn't as straightforward to join up as on the older site format. Really enjoying the 6N fantasy game btw. First one I have done of those.


Welcome then. It was actually Torque who set the Club up and put me up as vice captain, so we take turns setting up pools for the different coompetitions.

If you have a bit of time take a few seconds to try and join the "Plan et rugby" Club too. We send invitations through there to every Pool we open.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8684
:? Not sure about the new layout


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:50 am
Posts: 1654
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
Puma wrote:
nuffsaid wrote:
I'm in Puma. Thanks for organising. The site did lead me round the houses a bit and it wasn't as straightforward to join up as on the older site format. Really enjoying the 6N fantasy game btw. First one I have done of those.


Welcome then. It was actually Torque who set the Club up and put me up as vice captain, so we take turns setting up pools for the different coompetitions.

If you have a bit of time take a few seconds to try and join the "Plan et rugby" Club too. We send invitations through there to every Pool we open.


Well, thanks to Torque, also. I'm already a member of the "Plan et Rugby" Club so get the invitations. I have done a fair few Predictor series but the 6N is the first time I have done the more complex Fantasy version. I have found its really good for encouraging thinking about the balance of player's strengths across the 6N and, as a result, my anticipation of all the games has been enhanced and better informed. I can recommend it to anyone who is willing to devote a bit of time to it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7513
Location: 15th worst Mod ever
Hello...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12520
Location: Melbourne
Greetings, aholers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5330
Less than 48 hours to Round 1 kickoff... don't forget to make your picks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22505
Location: Stellenbosch
Joined


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5330
Less than 12 hours to kckoff... get your predictions made in time!

So far it's 56 of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4075
I've just joined in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5330
Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:
I've just joined in.


And you're number 57... approved already.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 2953
Location: Leafy Cheshire
My predictions are in. I've got saes by 60


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18274
Frodder wrote:
My predictions are in. I've got saes by 60


About the same as I have


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 2953
Location: Leafy Cheshire
I had Scotland by 12. The silver lining in the shite cloud


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7500
Location: Mostly London........Mostly
.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8684
is anyone else pissed off with their new site?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5330
Hong Kong wrote:
is anyone else pissed off with their new site?


Not really...

Seemingly, it suits me. :P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 301
Location: Barossa Valley
Puma - the new bloke that just staggered in is me (Arise Sir Richie) :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5330
Tehuringa wrote:
Puma - the new bloke that just staggered in is me (Arise Sir Richie) :thumbup:


You're in already. Nobody gets rejected...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5330
A few potential banana skins this weekend...

Highlanders - Blues
Sharks - Jaguares
Stormers - Chiefs
Force - Kings


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29217
Location: Innie Kaap
Puma wrote:
A few potential banana skins this weekend...

Highlanders - Blues
Sharks - Jaguares
Stormers - Chiefs
Force - Kings


Kings are much better this year and the Force are proportionally worse. How that translates I have no idea.
Stormers are very good this year but are untested against stern opposition and have youngsters which could mean a lack of experience or no fear of Kiwi sides. You decide. If the Chiefs lose the Kiwis will be wailing for weeks.
Jaguares are looking very good this year and Sharks are rebuilding. Its going to be brutal and come down to yellow cards I reckon.
Blues are frustrating. The French / Kiwi side. I would never bet my house on them but the Highlanders have deteriorated as much as the Blues have improved. Even stevens. A draw is a good result


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5330
Sards wrote:
Puma wrote:
A few potential banana skins this weekend...

Highlanders - Blues
Sharks - Jaguares
Stormers - Chiefs
Force - Kings


Kings are much better this year and the Force are proportionally worse. How that translates I have no idea.
Stormers are very good this year but are untested against stern opposition and have youngsters which could mean a lack of experience or no fear of Kiwi sides. You decide. If the Chiefs lose the Kiwis will be wailing for weeks.
Jaguares are looking very good this year and Sharks are rebuilding. Its going to be brutal and come down to yellow cards I reckon.
Blues are frustrating. The French / Kiwi side. I would never bet my house on them but the Highlanders have deteriorated as much as the Blues have improved. Even stevens. A draw is a good result


Well, in the end I sided with Jaguares and Chiefs but was right about Highlanders and Force, so I ended up 2and 2 on those.

Sunwolves winning was an upset for nearly everyone, so I managed to stay atop, but hardly...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29217
Location: Innie Kaap
Puma wrote:
Sards wrote:
Puma wrote:
A few potential banana skins this weekend...

Highlanders - Blues
Sharks - Jaguares
Stormers - Chiefs
Force - Kings


Kings are much better this year and the Force are proportionally worse. How that translates I have no idea.
Stormers are very good this year but are untested against stern opposition and have youngsters which could mean a lack of experience or no fear of Kiwi sides. You decide. If the Chiefs lose the Kiwis will be wailing for weeks.
Jaguares are looking very good this year and Sharks are rebuilding. Its going to be brutal and come down to yellow cards I reckon.
Blues are frustrating. The French / Kiwi side. I would never bet my house on them but the Highlanders have deteriorated as much as the Blues have improved. Even stevens. A draw is a good result


Well, in the end I sided with Jaguares and Chiefs but was right about Highlanders and Force, so I ended up 2and 2 on those.

Sunwolves winning was an upset for nearly everyone, so I managed to stay atop, but hardly...



i reckon the Jaguares will take the Sharks in the return match at home......


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29217
Location: Innie Kaap
Crusaders vs Sunwolves..........Crusaders unbeaten run to continue
Reds vs kings.............Reds all day long. Kings seem to have run out of steam and motivation.
Blues vs Hurricanes.............nah. Cant call this one. Gut nsays Hurricanes.
Rebels vs Brumbies..............Brumbies
Cheetahs vs Chiefs.......no brainer....Chiefs all day long
Stormers vs Lions.........Lions are yesterdays heroes.
Bulls vs Jaguares............Jaguares are going to dry hump the Bulls so badly the will bleed. Bonus point win


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22505
Location: Stellenbosch
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1479
Hey Puma

Was wondering about this... if I join now, does it carry over my results from other pools so far this season?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5330
Catman wrote:
Hey Puma

Was wondering about this... if I join now, does it carry over my results from other pools so far this season?


Yes, every pick you've made will be carried into this Pool. Don't know how it'll work with Bonus Points, though. Not sure if they'll be recalculated for every previous round.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1479
Puma wrote:
Catman wrote:
Hey Puma

Was wondering about this... if I join now, does it carry over my results from other pools so far this season?


Yes, every pick you've made will be carried into this Pool. Don't know how it'll work with Bonus Points, though. Not sure if they'll be recalculated for every previous round.


Ta. Can you post a link? Search doesn't find Plat et rugby :?:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5330
Catman wrote:
Puma wrote:
Catman wrote:
Hey Puma

Was wondering about this... if I join now, does it carry over my results from other pools so far this season?


Yes, every pick you've made will be carried into this Pool. Don't know how it'll work with Bonus Points, though. Not sure if they'll be recalculated for every previous round.


Ta. Can you post a link? Search doesn't find Plat et rugby :?:


I see you've finally found it. You're in already... WP and MP are already shown, it seems BPs are being recalculated to include you.

Just in case:
https://www.superbru.com/superrugby/pool.php?p=11666309&tab=leaderboard#tab=leaderboard


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1479
Puma wrote:
Catman wrote:
Puma wrote:
Catman wrote:
Hey Puma

Was wondering about this... if I join now, does it carry over my results from other pools so far this season?


Yes, every pick you've made will be carried into this Pool. Don't know how it'll work with Bonus Points, though. Not sure if they'll be recalculated for every previous round.


Ta. Can you post a link? Search doesn't find Plat et rugby :?:


I see you've finally found it. You're in already... WP and MP are already shown, it seems BPs are being recalculated to include you.

Just in case:
https://www.superbru.com/superrugby/pool.php?p=11666309&tab=leaderboard#tab=leaderboard


Thanks muchly Puma. Yes I started to wonder why you would call it "Plat et Rugby" thinking it was maybe some clever Argentinian pun or something. So I tried Plan et rugby, and... wallah :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5330
Catman wrote:
Puma wrote:
Catman wrote:
Can you post a link? Search doesn't find Plat et rugby :?:


I see you've finally found it. You're in already... WP and MP are already shown, it seems BPs are being recalculated to include you.

Just in case:
https://www.superbru.com/superrugby/pool.php?p=11666309&tab=leaderboard#tab=leaderboard


Thanks muchly Puma. Yes I started to wonder why you would call it "Plat et Rugby" thinking it was maybe some clever Argentinian pun or something. So I tried Plan et rugby, and... wallah :lol:



Planet Rugby was already reserved by our dear hosts at this bored, so Torque had to adapt... :lol:

Edit: and I've just realized of the error in the OP... :blush: :lol:
Just corrected it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: anagallis_arvensis, Bing [Bot], Boobs not Moobs, Brumby_in_Vic, Google Adsense [Bot], Jensrsa, jinxed, Joost, Laurent, LeGrenouile, Leinster in London, Newby1, Petros, plum-pudding, Ramming Speed, SamShark, Troll, Ulsters Red Hand, waguser and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group