Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 744 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Letter from DP
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:46 pm 

La soule wrote:
So lying gobby is back in town then.

No. I don't lie. Others like to think I do.

At the moment, I'm trying to play drums to "After Midnight" by J J Cale and Eric Clapton.

It's a bit of a blighter. I'll be watching the rugby soon.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:36 pm 

globus wrote:
La soule wrote:

At the moment, I'm trying to play drums to "After Midnight" by J J Cale and Eric Clapton.

:lol: :lol:

globus wrote:
The Management pops on here from time to time and posts.

The amusing thing is that others don't pick it.

I am well off, very happily married, have a lovely family and that seems to get on some posters' wicks.

That's not my problem. It's theirs.

I have been tugging legs on here for a decade. It would appear that "new" posters do not get the spirit of rugby and the team ethic.

I shall possibly leave. The thing is that it might be some kind of victory for a few pillocks who are on here now.

This place is like the Sahara now. Everybody knows where it is, but no-one wants to go there.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:53 pm 

globus wrote:
slick wrote:
I don't think it's bullying either. However I'm just tired of his lies, they have got worse and so see through now that he probably doesnt need calling out any longer, it's just reams of bullshit. So although not putting him on ignore, I'm going to try and ignore him.

Try and get a life. I've had an interesting one. "Slick" probably as in Brylcreem or some kind of oil disaster.

I can just about picture you struggling out of your nappy.

You know sod all about me.

And don't call me a liar, when you know little.

Let's see, 40 odd thousand posts mostly about your favourite subject, ie. you - I'd say he knows far more about you than he'd like to know. Most of us do.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:42 am 

Why are people still talking about Globby. Just ignore him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:47 am 

globus wrote:
La soule wrote:

Tell us the one about your Dad winning 20k on the horses again or maybe the one about sawing the head of a corpse.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:35 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:41 pm 

RuggaBugga wrote:
globus wrote:
La soule wrote:

Tell us the one about your Dad winning 20k on the horses again or maybe the one about sawing the head of a corpse.

What?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:03 am 

Globump

can't have this slipping off the top of the page now kiddywinks, eh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:48 pm 

His posts are actually so dull that I find my eyes closing half way through reading them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:54 am 

Why on earth do you bother? (I'm breaking my rule by posting on this thread.)

I couldn't give a hoot about what you think. You are as dull as dishwater.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:09 pm 

Ladies & Gents......

At the risk of appearing to be somewhat blunt, just ignore the bullsh1tting old to$$er.

Dont give him the oxygen of attention........

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:25 am 

KnuckleDragger wrote:
Ladies & Gents......

At the risk of appearing to be somewhat blunt, just ignore the bullsh1tting old to$$er.

Now there's an idea! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:11 am 

booji boy wrote:
KnuckleDragger wrote:
Ladies & Gents......

Now there's an idea! :lol:

I like it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:40 pm 

CrazyIslander wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:
globus wrote:
La soule wrote:

What?

It was a postmortem. Rugga makes it sound a bit ghoulish but it was done with a chainsaw in a hospital morgue and Globby was on staff at the time. Nothing to see here

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:20 am 

Anonymous. wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:
globus wrote:
La soule wrote:

What?

It was a postmortem. Rugga makes it sound a bit ghoulish but it was done with a chainsaw in a hospital morgue and Globby was on staff at the time. Nothing to see here

Can't believe they made the Honourable magistrate do the post mortem too. Must be short of staff at Oundle.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:07 am 

Wasn't in Oundle. It was in the Norfolk and Norwich a very long while ago.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:50 pm 

Actually read this thread for the first time properly and was really surprised about what happened to DP but glad he is getting out soon. Prison over here sucks and I can't imagine prison anywhere else is any better.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:35 pm 

Tommy sounds all too familiar to me I'm sad to say.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:49 am 

So, no visiting over the weekend due to local holidays.

I tried dropping Globus's name to no avail. Had to make do of course, beeser of a night. Friend of mine knows someone who knows someone, if you get my drift. Diving off the high board, really. Sent a rowboat in for supplies, ran out of bubbles. Chap here has his kiddywink out. Floaties in the pool, that sort of thing. Just saw an aquarium on a scooter, goldfish looked surprised. The barman's name is Mojito, fancy that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:10 am 

Yeah...I...eh...tried to visit as well

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:18 am 

EverReady wrote:

You in Bali as well?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:01 pm 

mr bungle wrote:
EverReady wrote:

You in Bali as well?

Bali mun :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:58 am 

Laurent wrote:
mr bungle wrote:
EverReady wrote:

You in Bali as well?

Bali mun :lol:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:32 am 

guy smiley wrote:
So, no visiting over the weekend due to local holidays.

I tried dropping Globus's name to no avail. Had to make do of course, beeser of a night. Friend of mine knows someone who knows someone, if you get my drift. Diving off the high board, really. Sent a rowboat in for supplies, ran out of bubbles. Chap here has his kiddywink out. Floaties in the pool, that sort of thing. Just saw an aquarium on a scooter, goldfish looked surprised. The barman's name is Mojito, fancy that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:34 am 

Anonymous. wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:
globus wrote:
La soule wrote:

What?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:17 am 

meanwhile, in the real world/thread that is DP's:

Quote:
Dear Plums

I know at least a dozen or so of you have been following my, ahem, prison adventures via my blog, but I thought I'd drop you lot a more personal note as in case you're interested in some of the off piste action.

I have just 19 more sleeps (as my nieces say) before my release on May 5, and I'm glad to say the time is passing very quickly. I really can't wait to get out. I'm desperate for a long, powerful shower, a relaxing dump in a clean bathroom with a bum gun, a cold beer, a shag, a juicy steak and a round of golf with my mates -- not necessarily in that order.

Some of those things will have to wait. Apparently I'll be released around 10 am, but straight into the custody of immigration police, who are supposed to take me to the airport for immediate deportation. From all accounts, however, the immigration police are rather partial to a good lunch and so the usual form is to stop off at a decent restaurant somewhere and have a bit of a celebration with your mates while they -- suitably induced -- keep watch from a discrete nearby table.

At this point it is still unclear how long I will be blacklisted from Indonesia. A law that comes into effect from 2018 says anyone convicted of a drug offense is banned for life and some reports suggest immigration officers are already randomly applying it, but I'm hoping to "persuade" them to stick to the old system, meaning I'll be banned for somewhere between 3-6 months.

My immediate destination is likely to be Chiang Mai in Thailand where I have been booked in, courtesy of my ex employers, at a rather swish rehab place for a 30-day stay. The place is a world class facility and although I would rather like to go on an endless run of welcome back parties and dinners, I think a professionally handled come down is the fair more sensible way of handling things.

Physically and mentally I'm in better shape than I've been for years. I've stayed clean and sober since the day of my arrest and have kept myself very busy writing and applying myself to helping my fellow inmates wherever I can.

Kerobokan was nothing like the experience I feared -- Polresta Remand Jail was far worse -- but then this place is what you make of it. I've seen some pretty horrific things in here, but most of the issues are self-inflicted as a result of drugs. Mental health issues in here are a major problem and many of my fellow inmates suffer from crippling depression and psychosis.

In many ways this place is like a shitty English boarding school, exemplified by a month-long "inter-house" sports festival between the 10 blocks. The foreigner block should easily win the tennis competition and we are in the semi-finals of the five-a-side soccer, having knocked the guards out in the quarters. The foreigners have been undefeated for six years courtesy of three Nigerian ex-professionals turned traffickers, but they've been banned from playing this year in order to even the comp out. Still, the locals hadn't counted on the recently arrived three-man gang of Peruvian ATM skimmers whose silky South American skills proved a more than adequate replacement. Yours truly is the 'keeper -- I've played at a decent level -- and so far have only conceded one goal in six matches.

We've already been thrashed in the badminton (no surprise, it is the national sport) and more surprisingly the basketball and volleyball, but mostly because the foreigners are more interested in getting stoned than doing anything physical. We embarrassingly got pulled off our feet in the tug-of-war by the worst druggie block in prison, but it had been raining heavily and our pathetic foreign feet were no match in the mud for those of our feral opponents, most of whom have opposable big toes... . I also won the prize for being the tallest person in prison (I feel so proud). The award for shortest went to a dwarf, serving six months for stealing a flat screen TV that is bigger than him.

In keeping with the school theme, I was made a "prefect" immediately after my sentencing which means I have a say in how our block is run as well as given several privileges, such as being immune to checks by the guards. The main reason for my elevation (apart from my height ...) was my medic skills. I've had to maintain a high level of first aid certifications over the years, equivalent to an army medic, and so I get called on at least once a day to administer first aid, stitch cuts, dress pustulating sores from dirty syringes, dish out medicines ... yesterday alone I had seven patients. Some of it is awful and degrading -- cleaning shit off some hopeless crackhead and trying to talk him off a paranoia high -- but I promised myself I'd help everyone in here regardless of circumstances to pay back all the help that friends and supporters like you have given me during this sorry saga. I will definitely not miss having to strong-arm a wretched, naked, sore-infested unconscious junkie out of a bathroom after he collapsed with diarrhea in the squat bowl -- something I've had to do a few times!

There are only two or three people in here I'd consider keeping in contact with after my release, but I've been writing on the blog about as many of the others as I can and have a whole batch of profiles in the works before I leave. There are some sad and even comical stories in here -- and some heartwarming tales. After I wrote about a destitute Ugandan trafficker, a friend sent him $100 which made a real difference to his life here and has enabled him to get back on his feet.

My friends have been amazing. I still get visitors almost every day and I have everything I need within reason. In keeping with the spirit of giving back, we've adopted Myra Williams, the Kiwi girl who was caught at the airport in October with a tiny amount of crystal meth. She was sentenced to a horrible 2 1/2 years last week. I help her on the inside and my mates visit her and bring her food, treats and girlie stuff and help with a bit of pocket money. We've researched and are talking her into doing a diploma from NZ Open poly while here, so she doesn't waste the years and fall down a hole.

I know you'll be interested to know the fate of Joe the Grass. He still has to sleep with the paedos and rapists in the hall, but was assigned to one of the designated crack dens for roll call and toilet. He's gone from bad to worse and now has a $50 a day meth habit, looks like death warmed up and has alienated himself even from the bodyguards he hired to protect him. He is so pathetic, I don't even have the enthusiasm to beat him up anymore. On Sunday he was evicted even from the second worst crack den and has now been assigned to "Room 2", the very pits of the block. Not many people make it out of there. He gets released the same day as me, but I reckon he'll have a very tough time of it on the plane back to Perth and with his family in the weeks and months that follow. I understand his bar is up for sale, but nobody is interested.

I've so much to write and say and I'm sure I'll be boring people for years to come with anecdotes about this place -- hopefully some of you over a beer. I'll come back to the board once I'm out of here, but I'm worried it will be too much of a distraction if I return now.

I hope you're all well and thanks again for the support and friendship!

Pisser

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:21 am 

One classy dude.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:27 am 

Nice one DP thanks for the update.

your mental fortitude is amazing and I've no doubt you'll be back in your feet in no time :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:45 am 

Fairly amazing fortitude.

Surprised he has any desire to remain in Indonesia.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:52 am 

Oi DP, stop clogging up Globbys thread.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:09 am 

Floppykid wrote:

+1. I guess the country gets under your skin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:21 am 

danny_fitz wrote:

:twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:31 am 

danny_fitz wrote:

Many a true word spoke in jest 😂😂😂

Thanks for the update DP hopefully see you in Bali at some point. As am over for the Boomeranf cup in Melbourne in January.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:21 am 

Sandstorm wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

I'm not sure it was the country that gets under your skin, and that's what got him in trouble in the first place

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:03 pm 

JM2K6 wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

I'm not sure it was the country that gets under your skin, and that's what got him in trouble in the first place

Are you trying to needle him? 😳

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:08 pm 

Openside wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

He's trying to smoke him out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:24 pm 

globus wrote:
Openside wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

He's trying to smoke him out.

Is there a need to have so many puns around this joint?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:30 pm 

It's been a bit of a fag to think them up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:28 pm 

For those who haven't registered, I'd recommend his blog. The stories are fascinating

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:02 pm 

Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
For those who haven't registered, I'd recommend his blog. The stories are fascinating

I didn't contribute and so would feel guilty doing that, but I do wish him all the best.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 744 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next