Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pro12 Future
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:46 pm 

munch wrote:
Dai another day wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
He is talking out his arse anyway.

It further ignores that the Irish provinces are the main draw for the Sky deal.

:lol:

Oh no I am not.

Sky come on board because of the Irish provinces? :lol:

Give over.

The Irish provinces had nothing to do with it. They were quite rubbish when sky came on board!

Sky needed the PrO'12 to full a void after BT took the English top flight - it was nothing to do with you lot!

Jesus Christ :lol:

Where are your facts and figures?

To be fair he's right, just on viewing figures wise. The Welsh viewing figures are fantastic and account for the lion's share of pro12 figures. More people watch pro12 in tiny Wales, than watch the AP in mighty England. If sky wanted the Irish what did they want if it's not viewers?

And I don't mean that as any disrespect. You look at the Welsh figures like you just saw a mouse give birth to an elephant. It's also why BT wanted the Welsh regions to join AP.

Last edited by dr dre2 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:47 pm 

Dai another day wrote:
henry wrote:
I don't suppose there's any chance that, like Dozy, Dai is just a lunatic Paddy with a goldfish's IQ and a whole host of mental health issues?

Or are we actually having to accept this cretin?

You can't get to me like you and your little band of borrowers try to get to Globus!

At least i invest in the game here in Wales.

All you've got to offer is snide little comments from the sidelines.

You're not invested in the Welsh game. I'd actually respect you more if you stuck to English rugby matters.

You don't know me so don't presume to state how much or how little I invest in the game in Wales.

I'm merely judging you on your posts. I have no desire to get to you. Similarly, your respect or otherwise is not sought or required. You spoofing tool.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:48 pm 

Dai another day wrote:
You chaps keep deluding yourselves.

So you really think BBC NI are going to outbid sky on an ulster game if both channels are looking for it?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:51 pm 

Jesus it took me 30 minutes to read page 1m so high

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:53 pm 

dr dre2 wrote:
munch wrote:
Dai another day wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Oh no I am not.

Give over.

The Irish provinces had nothing to do with it. They were quite rubbish when sky came on board!

Sky needed the PrO'12 to full a void after BT took the English top flight - it was nothing to do with you lot!

To be fair he's right, just on viewing figures wise. The Welsh viewing figures are fantastic and account for the lion's share of pro12 figures. More people watch pro12 in tiny Wales, than watch the AP in mighty England. If sky wanted the Irish what did they want if it's not viewers?

And I don't mean that as any disrespect. You look at the Welsh figures like you just saw a mouse give birth to an elephant. It's also why BT wanted the Welsh regions to join AP.

Is that Welsh viewing figures on SKY ?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:57 pm 

Dai another day wrote:
henry wrote:
I don't suppose there's any chance that, like Dozy, Dai is just a lunatic Paddy with a goldfish's IQ and a whole host of mental health issues?

You can't get to me like you and your little band of borrowers try to get to Globus!

You're not invested in the Welsh game. I'd actually respect you more if you stuck to English rugby matters.

Less talking, more producing of numbers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:30 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
munch wrote:
Dai another day wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Oh no I am not.

Give over.

No but it held when BT was free to anyone with a phone line and includes pubs. But England have 15X the population. And the RO 12 will often come close to doubling it.

The AP include the ITV highlights in their viewing figures now, to confuse matters and not look so bad.

I remember reading that Shane Williams last game for the O's got 1m viewers but I can't find the article, but I'm fairly sure I didn't dream it. That's crazy, it's 33% of the population. The record for the A across a weekend taking in multiple games and including the ITV highlights matches the 1m.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:36 pm 

dr dre2 wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
The Welsh viewing figures are fantastic and account for the lion's share of pro12 figures. More people watch pro12 in tiny Wales, than watch the AP in mighty England.

No

You should work for News International

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:46 pm 

Great to see the Welsh are getting value for their TV subs,no point in going to games if you've paid to watch it at home.It all makes sense now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:47 pm 

feckwanker wrote:
Dai another day wrote:
henry wrote:

Less talking, more producing of numbers.

To be fair they are out there, but are not easy to find. I've linked to them in previous discussions. They take some googling. The Welsh figures are crazy. That's why the Welsh TV deal is massive in comparison to what the Irish produce.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:49 pm 

If you've linked to them before all you have to do is search your own posts.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:50 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
The Welsh viewing figures are fantastic and account for the lion's share of pro12 figures. More people watch pro12 in tiny Wales, than watch the AP in mighty England.

No

You should work for News International

Beats including the ITV highlights package in your figure like the AP.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:55 pm 

So all we have here is hear-say and conjecture. No hard evidence (not saying that what you are saying is untrue but without actual proof, it's hard to believe).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:10 pm 

dr dre2 wrote:
munch wrote:
Dai another day wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Oh no I am not.

Give over.

My question was in addition to an earlier question I asked him, which was asking for proof for his assertion that the Irish sponge off the Regions broadcasting revenue. He won't be able to, because there isn't any.

Still, he seems to believe that he has the facts and figures to prove his assertion, so I wait.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:21 pm 

feckwanker wrote:
So all we have here is hear-say and conjecture. No hard evidence (not saying that what you are saying is untrue but without actual proof, it's hard to believe).

Just gives the thread titles and I've mentioned viewing figures a lot. I'll have a look when I'm on a PC. But I assure you, the RRO12 pisses on the AP for raw numbers. Finals are AP 297k vs PRO12 378k. Yes that's FTA vs pay TV but there are less of us. And most of that is down to BBC/s4c.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:28 pm 

munch wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
munch wrote:
Dai another day wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Oh no I am not.

Give over.

My question was in addition to an earlier question I asked him, which was asking for proof for his assertion thatdi the Irish sponge off the Regions broadcasting revenue. He won't be able to, because there isn't any.

Still, he seems to believe that he has the facts and figures to prove his assertion, so I wait.

Oh it's not sponging a partner is a partner and the clubs didn't get that without you guys in the league. You've increased the interest. But the Welsh TV deal is superior to what the Irish channels pay. It's been linked and discuss d on here often. There was fuss when so we one leaked what it was and the WRU went nuts because they felt it would hurt negotiations in the future. It's was way in excess of what people thought. I would have thought many people will remember that or someone on a PC will do the googling for you, that into be hard to prove. Have a Google.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:43 pm 

dr dre2 wrote:
munch wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
munch wrote:
Dai another day wrote:

Oh no I am not.

Give over.

My question was in addition to an earlier question I asked him, which was asking for proof for his assertion thatdi the Irish sponge off the Regions broadcasting revenue. He won't be able to, because there isn't any.

Oh it's not sponging a partner is a partner and the clubs didn't get that without you guys in the league. You've increased the interest. But the Welsh TV deal is superior to what the Irish channels pay. It's been linked and discuss d on here often. There was fuss when so we one leaked what it was and the WRU went nuts because they felt it would hurt negotiations in the future. It's was way in excess of what people thought. I would have thought many people will remember that or someone on a PC will do the googling for you, that into be hard to prove. Have a Google.

I know the Regions deal is big in comparison to the rest of us. What I'm getting at is how that is split. I want to see proof that it's split evenly, and that the Regions don't take the lions share.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:52 pm 

munch wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
munch wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
munch wrote:

I know the Regions deal is big in comparison to the rest of us. What I'm getting at is how that is split. I want to see proof that it's split evenly, and that the Regions don't take the lions share.

I think Simon Thomas, journalist at the fail, did an article a few months back. If not him, then someone else.

Anyway, all the money is split equally despite the disparity between our nations contributions!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:57 pm 

I remember from the time that it was openly reported all the TV money is pooled. But it's a shit partner who who's all for working together until ha gets ahead. It's childish, bad business and English. I don't know for sure but it certainly was reported and never disputed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:02 pm 

All sponsor money is pooled also. Will Wales ever produce a sponsor for the pro12?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:10 pm 

Dai another day wrote:
munch wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:
munch wrote:
dr dre2 wrote:

I think Simon Thomas, journalist at the fail, did an article a few months back. If not him, then someone else.

Anyway, all the money is split equally despite the disparity between our nations contributions!

That isn't proof of anything, and there's not a chance I will take the word of Simon Thomas.

I have a feeling you're aware that if you do a comparison of the WRU and IRFU accounts, over a few years, you will find that the Regions have been receiving bigger competition incomes. If that's not due to a bigger split of their broadcasting revenue, then how else do you explain it? The Provinces should easily be earning more competition revenue as they have been more successful in the PRO12 and the Euro Cup, over the years.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:40 pm 

Sky need the Irish viewers for subscriptions in the Irish market and packaged broadband deals. Sky Broadband has only been around in Ireland since 2012/13 at least and is competing against Eir (formerly Eircom in the market).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:07 pm 

Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
Sky need the Irish viewers for subscriptions in the Irish market and packaged broadband deals. Sky Broadband has only been around in Ireland since 2012/13 at least and is competing against Eir (formerly Eircom in the market).

Numbers would be tiny, if FTA only gets a comparative handful of viewers for pro12, how many of that handful already have sky, can't afford it or would bother to switch broadband suppliers as well as take out sky sports? Numbers too tiny to consider, an ad campaign offering premiership football would be cheaper and get more customers. The AP left a Pro12 shaped hole in their programming schedule.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:09 pm 

Stick to 'collecting' garbage from building sites, there's a good cym-pikey.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:10 pm 

What I can't understand is if the Pro12 is shit, and the Avia is the dogs bollocks, how can these viewership figures be right.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:18 pm 

I love to watch the AP on BT Sports but there's no way I'm paying. I just get an Android box via dodgy internet connection.

It does feel that the Pro12 is the Championship as opposed to the AP which is the premier league.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:34 pm 

Gavin Duffy wrote:
Stick to 'collecting' garbage from building sites, there's a good cym-pikey.

We don't actually do anything other than make the sale then contract it out and handle the CS on that side of it, we do that nationwide. We hand the work to pikeys (if you will). There is one really sinister sounding Irishman in N18. That's one of the things I do anyway, thanks for showing an interest.

We did used to have a few contracts over your way too. But Greyhound seem to be so dominant it's hardly worth putting any effort in.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:09 pm 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
The Welsh boys just wouldn't want their tan to run when it starts to rain

:roll:

The remarkable stats and secrets that explain just how the Ospreys have become such an outstanding rugby team

Even so, the Ospreys’ numbers in the Guinness Pro12 this season are startling: most tries (51), most conversions (41), most metres gained (6,237) most carries (1,851). Sam Davies has come up with more touchdown assists (8) than anyone and kicked the most conversions (25), while Josh Matavesi heads the offload chart with 18. :nod:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... 27711#ICID

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:17 pm 

Frodder wrote:
I love to watch the AP on BT Sports but there's no way I'm paying. I just get an Android box via dodgy internet connection.

It does feel that the Pro12 is the Championship as opposed to the AP which is the premier league.

I only recently got BT through Eir Broadband. I could disagree with you more. The standard of the PRO12 is considerably higher at the top end than comparative matches in the Aviva. They are largely boring one out bosh fests with possibly the exception of Wasps. Most of it is turgid shite.

At least the PRO12 teams try to play rugby.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:08 pm 

This was a question that the Welsh regions wanted answered. As far as I know this deal has not been changed, the only difference being that Sky have come on board with around £5m

Quote:

With the significant proposed contribution of £3.2m from Welsh television to secondary TV rights for Pro12, why is the estimated contribution from Irish TV only £910,000 and from Scottish TV only £140,000?

http://www.ospreysrugby.com/News/Article/32007

As for those Micks offering gobshite views on sponsors, they really should check where the holding companies of RaboDirect and Guinness are based.

Idiots.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:43 pm 

Kid A wrote:
This was a question that the Welsh regions wanted answered. As far as I know this deal has not been changed, the only difference being that Sky have come on board with around £5m

Quote:

With the significant proposed contribution of £3.2m from Welsh television to secondary TV rights for Pro12, why is the estimated contribution from Irish TV only £910,000 and from Scottish TV only £140,000?

As for those Micks offering gobshite views on sponsors, they really should check where the holding companies of RaboDirect and Guinness are based.

Idiots.

So the Welsh contribute much more money than the rest of the Celtic nations and then turn around and moan about it yet we are the idiots? :|

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:44 pm 

Kid A wrote:

Quote:

Idiots.

There you go, munch.

Egg on face for many of the Irish.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:47 pm 

Dai another day wrote:
Kid A wrote:

Quote:

Idiots.

There you go, munch.

You're proud that you were able to broker a shit deal for yourselves and then moaned about it?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:47 pm 

Dai another day wrote:
Kid A wrote:

Quote:

Idiots.

There you go, munch.

Welsh TV pays for more because they show more (min 2 matches a week between BBC2 Wales and S4C) and have a round up show, something neither Ireland or Scotland have.

The Irish figure does not include the BBC NI contribution either so add a fair whack on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:49 pm 

You were the ones who laughed off the idea that the Irish sponge of Welsh Rugby.

Yours and the Scottish contributions are pathetic.

The quicker we go our separate ways, the better.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:50 pm 

Dai another day wrote:
You were the ones who laughed off the idea that the Irish sponge of Welsh Rugby.

Yours and the Scottish contributions are pathetic.

The quicker we go our separate ways, the better.

You got out manouvered in the negotiations. Its just business, don't take it personal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:51 pm 

Still have dealt with it you retard.

Sky money plus tG4 plus BBC NI plus EVERY Sponsor :lol: :lol: :lol:

We've a pain in our back carrying you useless cúnts.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:52 pm 

I'd like to see the figures behind the Ospreys link btw. My sources tell me the following:

BBC Wales - £1.4m
S4C - £860k
TG4 - £860k
BBC NI - £860k
BB Scotland - £380k

They might be old though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:54 pm 

Add a few million on the BBC Wales figure for a start.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:55 pm 

Dai another day wrote:
Add a few million on the BBC Wales figure for a start.

Source?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next