Chat Forum
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 4:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1072, 1073, 1074, 1075, 1076, 1077, 1078 ... 1162  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:11 am 

Tehuringa wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
Btw, are you actually in the Barossa Valley?

Actually the Eden Valley... up in the hills. Still considered part of the Barossa but a different region... climate, soils, altitude all quite different.

Tehu, if you are around, we are playing at Lyndoch at 3.20 tomorrow...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:12 am 

penguin wrote:
Yes,on the salesman part but the difference between a salesman and conman is whether they actually have something real to sell you. bubblefart did not and does not have a real solution to these problems. He sold them snake oil. He's a conman.

And Obama delivered on all his promises ...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:16 am 

bessantj wrote:
shanky wrote:
If anyone can get HBO, I would recommend this

http://youtu.be/AyloY0AexbM

'A House Divided'.

Compelling viewing and an insight into how Obama went from hero to not, in 2 years.

Would you be able to give us some of the highlights? I doubt I'm getting HBO anytime soon.

It's an interview-based format, with players from both sides.

The first item was the response to the GFC. A rare opportunity to get bipartisan response was lost due to politics getting in the way. Obama does not come out of that bit well. He basically would not let the Republicans have anything in the bill, saying 'winners get to call the shots'.
As a result, not one single GOP congressman voted for the stimulus bill.

He then did something similar on the health bill, and it was downhill from there. The hatred set in.

What was really good was the candour these guys were talking with. Real House of Cards type insight.

Saw it on the plane so it might pop up on youtube some time

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:17 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
penguin wrote:
Yes,on the salesman part but the difference between a salesman and conman is whether they actually have something real to sell you. bubblefart did not and does not have a real solution to these problems. He sold them snake oil. He's a conman.

Obama didn't have a complete majority, Trump has a clear majority.

So far the only thing Trump has done better than Obama, is golf holiday.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:17 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
penguin wrote:

No, but the difference is in believing your are selling a solution, and telling people what they want to hear.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:18 am 

Taranaki Snapper wrote:
Tehuringa wrote:

Actually the Eden Valley... up in the hills. Still considered part of the Barossa but a different region... climate, soils, altitude all quite different.

Yeah right on! ..... I'll see if I can swing down for a few beers. Have to pick a vineyard in the morning and crush some fruit but should be able to squeeze down there :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:19 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
penguin wrote:

Obama delivered some of his promises, which is more than Cheeto Jesus is able to

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:21 am 

Tehuringa wrote:
Taranaki Snapper wrote:
Tehuringa wrote:

Yeah right on! ..... I'll see if I can swing down for a few beers. Have to pick a vineyard in the morning and crush some fruit but should be able to squeeze down there :thumbup:

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:25 am 

Cheeto Jesus :lol:

Quality.

Good to see the light still burns bright for some Trumpers.

I was worried that his failure to repeal Obamacare, his flip-flopping on NATO, his big increase in US defence spending, his bombing of Syria, the deteriorating relationship with Russia, his schooling at the hands of China and his war-like rhetoric over North Korea would have antagonised some of his change-orientated, peace-loving supporters.

But so far, only Silver appears to have possessed the intellectual consistency to abandon ship.

That said, haven't seen Oceanbreeze the Wise for some time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:26 am 

houtkabouter wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
penguin wrote:

Obama didn't have a complete majority, bubblefart has a clear majority.

So far the only thing bubblefart has done better than Obama, is golf holiday.

Not really

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:27 am 

Silver wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
penguin wrote:

Not really

You're forgetting the 3m dead Mexicans

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:30 am 

shanky wrote:
cepe6po wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
penguin wrote:

Not really

Republicans have the Presidency, the House and the Senate.
It could never get any easier for a President than it is right now.
Every day should be a new policy triumph.

Last edited by Yer Man on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:30 am 

henry wrote:

Quality.

I was worried that his failure to repeal Obamacare, his flip-flopping on NATO, his big increase in US defence spending, his bombing of Syria, the deteriorating relationship with Russia, his schooling at the hands of China and his war-like rhetoric over North Korea would have antagonised some of his change-orientated, peace-loving supporters.

But so far, only Silver appears to have possessed the intellectual consistency to abandon ship.

Trump has clearly surrendered to the pro war deep state. Obama did likewise. There is just too much money involved. And voters who feel so inadequate that they love destroying and killing to make them feel tough

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:32 am 

Yer Man wrote:

maybe in your black and white world

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:33 am 

shanky wrote:
bessantj wrote:
shanky wrote:

'A House Divided'.

Compelling viewing and an insight into how Obama went from hero to not, in 2 years.

Would you be able to give us some of the highlights? I doubt I'm getting HBO anytime soon.

The first item was the response to the GFC. A rare opportunity to get bipartisan response was lost due to politics getting in the way. Obama does not come out of that bit well. He basically would not let the Republicans have anything in the bill, saying 'winners get to call the shots'.

He then did something similar on the health bill, and it was downhill from there. The hatred set in.

What was really good was the candour these guys were talking with. Real House of Cards type insight.

Ta. Will have a look.

Obama famously said 'elections have consequences. I won.'

Well, that went down well! And it slid from there.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:34 am 

Yer Man wrote:

Good point. Even a small child should manage it with ease.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:36 am 

henry wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Man In Black wrote:
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/taibbi-on-the-new-book-that-brutalizes-the-clinton-campaign-w477978

Good article here about the arrogance and failures of the Clintons.

Can't wait for the election.

I don't need to. It was such a glorious night there is sort of a Nietzschean Eternal Recurrence going on with me. The election is throbbing in the here and now for me forever.

I loved that night so much, it will occur now for me through eternity.

You need to grab some pussy. Consensually, of course.

Pussy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:39 am 

Silver wrote:
henry wrote:

Quality.

bubblefart has clearly surrendered to the pro war deep state. Obama did likewise. There is just too much money involved. And voters who feel so inadequate that they love destroying and killing to make them feel tough

Thanks Crazy Joe. We understand that you think Alpha Donny has capitulated to the Illuminati like a beta duck. We understand that you were conned. Played. But that you've now seen the light.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:42 am 

theaxe wrote:
theaxe wrote:
Uthikoloshe wrote:
theaxe wrote:
Assange lost any credibility he had once he decided to become an outlet for Vlad's propaganda machine.

Haha. Even if we assume allll of it is russian backed, that Assange is a Putin clone, which bit released lacks credibility?

The fact that it's not even handed. The fact that the 'great truth teller' decided to publish reams and reams of documents so that Russia's dictator could get someone he wanted as president.

You're insane.

Just because you are ok with Putin ruining democracy doesn't mean the rest of us are.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:45 am 

henry wrote:
Silver wrote:
henry wrote:

Quality.

bubblefart has clearly surrendered to the pro war deep state. Obama did likewise. There is just too much money involved. And voters who feel so inadequate that they love destroying and killing to make them feel tough

Thanks Crazy Joe. We understand that you think Alpha Donny has capitulated to the Illuminati like a beta duck. We understand that you were conned. Played. But that you've now seen the light.

Voters go from this

to feeling like this

whenever the bombs fall

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:57 am 

Uthikoloshe wrote:
Yer Man wrote:

"Selective" truth can be every bit as damaging as a lie.
And begs the question of just who is manipulating the narrative.

Who indeed.

As I understand it, there was plenty of traffic that was being monitored by GCHQ that indicated that the Russians were involved in the hacking. Houts has mentioned it some pages back.

Whether President Putin authorised this or whether he was aware it was going on is open to conjecture.

I don't think anyone will deny that Trum p and his advisors had unusually close relationships with various Russian Ambassadors and businessmen.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:02 am 

Silver wrote:
henry wrote:
Silver wrote:
henry wrote:

Quality.

Voters go from this

to feeling like this

whenever the bombs fall

Where's that crying baby photo again?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:03 am 

houtkabouter wrote:

I thought Trmp lost the popular vote.

If you are talking about "control" in the House and Senate, Trmp is subject to vicious attacks and backstabs from his "own" Republicans - he controls fokkol, he has to make deals yo just stay alive.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:04 am 

Read a few articles about how the crazies are being pushed out of the white house, with the 'adults' like McMaster, Tillerson and Mattis slowing taking control. That's a good thing, as it also lets children like Trump, Kushner and the lovely Ivanka play president and feel important without actually having to do anything.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:07 am 

Bullettyme wrote:
Read a few articles about how the crazies are being pushed out of the white house, with the 'adults' like McMaster, Tillerson and Mattis slowing taking control. That's a good thing, as it also lets children like bubblefart, Kushner and the lovely Ivanka play president and feel important without actually having to do anything.

I'd love to make the lovely Ivanka feel other things than "important"

But I am just an old fart who should keep his lust for himself.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:07 am 

shanky wrote:
bessantj wrote:
shanky wrote:

'A House Divided'.

Ta. Will have a look.

Obama famously said 'elections have consequences. I won.'

Well, that went down well! And it slid from there.

Cool

Let me know what you thought of it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:08 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Read a few articles about how the crazies are being pushed out of the white house, with the 'adults' like McMaster, Tillerson and Mattis slowing taking control. That's a good thing, as it also lets children like bubblefart, Kushner and the lovely Ivanka play president and feel important without actually having to do anything.

It wouldn't hurt to keep comments about your lust to yourself either...for the good of the bored.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:17 am 

penguin wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

It wouldn't hurt to keep comments about your lust to yourself either...for the good of the bored.

Why ? Do you think I would corrupt these young people ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:18 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
penguin wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

Why ? Do you think I would corrupt these young people ?

:lol: Socrates you are not...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:19 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

I think that would be best.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:22 am 

penguin wrote:
:lol: Socrates you are not...

:lol: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:22 am 

Bullettyme wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

I think that would be best.

Glad to see you think, for a change. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:25 am 

Rinkals wrote:
Uthikoloshe wrote:
Yer Man wrote:

"Selective" truth can be every bit as damaging as a lie.
And begs the question of just who is manipulating the narrative.

Who indeed.

As I understand it, there was plenty of traffic that was being monitored by GCHQ that indicated that the Russians were involved in the hacking. Houts has mentioned it some pages back.

Whether President Putin authorised this or whether he was aware it was going on is open to conjecture.

I don't think anyone will deny that Trum p and his advisors had unusually close relationships with various Russian Ambassadors and businessmen.

:roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:29 am 

Bullettyme wrote:

What articles.

Whats happened is the pro war deep state has taken back control. Kushner (and likely Ivanka) was always one of this group. Trump has joined (if eh was ever not one of them) the gang of thugs now too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:30 am 

Bullettyme wrote:

Zaphod Bubblefart vs The Man in the Shack?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:31 am 

Silver wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

What articles.

Whats happened is the pro war deep state has taken back control. Kushner (and likely Ivanka) was always one of this group. bubblefart has joined (if eh was ever not one of them) the gang of thugs now too.

Seneca is part of that conspiracy

you should burn him at the stake

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:55 am 

Yer Man wrote:
shanky wrote:
cepe6po wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:

Not really

And a 5-4 SCOTUS they stole.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:03 pm 

Was just stumbling around the interwebs and found a link to this document and thought it might me of interest to some. Not exactly the "Foundations of Geopolitics" manual they are running from at the moment but it seems pretty interesting reading.

https://www.csis.org/analysis/kremlin-playbook/?block4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:13 pm 

Silver wrote:
Yer Man wrote:

maybe in your black and white world

Your world seems especially black and white, Russia good - Western world bad.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:21 pm 

shanky wrote:
bessantj wrote:
shanky wrote:

'A House Divided'.

I have my doubts about this doc. Mainly because having lived through it, Republicans said the economy was fine until it crashed then Bush started the recovery and turned it over to Obama. At that point Republicans were now blaming the Dems and acting like they didn't push through Gramm-Leach-Biley and run congress for the years leading up to the crash. They then let the bailouts continue and after it was done cried foul and said it shouldn't have happened.

And Healthcare was greater joke as they decided points could be scored. You should see the Frank Lutz pdf on how to frame the argument. Obama spent more time crafting that bill and trying to get buy-in than people realize. It took almost a year and half, The GOP stood and called death panels and everything else. The Dems passed it knowing full well they could lose seats but they did it for their leader and it was a way to move the conversation forward on Healthcare. The Dems got wallopped in the 2012 midterm because of it, and GOP firing up their base and Obama is the devil. Now they have it all and can't pass a thing because they know how to cause a stir but not how to governing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1072, 1073, 1074, 1075, 1076, 1077, 1078 ... 1162  Next