Chat Forum
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 4:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1071, 1072, 1073, 1074, 1075, 1076, 1077 ... 1162  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 am 

theaxe wrote:
Assange lost any credibility he had once he decided to become an outlet for Vlad's propaganda machine.

This.

I don't have a problem with him leaking details of clandestine shenanigans and manipulative Foreign Policy prosecuted by various Governments including the US, but he does seem to be highly selective in what he releases. The Clinton emails, for example, were pre-packaged as being multiple smoking guns incriminating her with significant wrong-doing, but in the event there was very little of any substance the damage being done by the packaging rather than the content of the leaks, which were pretty mundane.

The suspicion remains that he releases his leaks to the order of a bigger player.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:20 am 

Tehuringa wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
Tehuringa wrote:
Man In Black wrote:
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/taibbi-on-the-new-book-that-brutalizes-the-clinton-campaign-w477978

Good article here about the arrogance and failures of the Clintons.

I'll have a good read of that. I met Matt Tabibi's best mate at a dinner at his house in Madrid three weeks ago.*

And he - a Bernie Bro - just said flat out "Hillary lost because she is corrupt." And that was that. He didn't even feel the need to elucidate. And he'd spent 15 years working on the hill.

* I know, come at me bros.

No argument from me..... bro

Thoughts on Trumps corrupt dealings?

What are you talking about? If you're talking about anything to do with Russia, as I've said, you guys have been left behind. The circus has moved on, and Tabibi himself has said the same (as has Greenwald). The holdouts are just making fools of themselves now (best example Louise Mensch - who needs some kind of intervention).

A better focus might be his business career and taxes agreed. But there's nothing there of note either. Mafia dealings, a few sliders, all the usual stuff needed to run a property gambling empire.

The target is going to be have to be on the here and now and what happens in office.

Agreed Mensch has lost the plot totally but I don't pay too much attention to her. Business dealings yes. As for the Russian stuff I'm not sure if they are going to get anything that will stick. People on the periphery likely to go down but I'm not sure if bubblefart will get taken down as well. You never know... stranger things have happened.

Agreed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:23 am 

Btw, are you actually in the Barossa Valley?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:26 am 

Kiwias wrote:
Man In Black wrote:
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/taibbi-on-the-new-book-that-brutalizes-the-clinton-campaign-w477978

I watched Clinton in an interview recently and she sounded like an alcoholic in advanced denial.

All the shit that was happening in her life was because of this or that or something else or that other thing or that person or this group.

Nothing was ever down to her own failings.

I do not think Donald J. Trump will own up to any shortcomings, either ...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:27 am 

Kiwias wrote:
Man In Black wrote:

I watched Clinton in an interview recently and she sounded like an alcoholic in advanced denial.

I think that's what we were trying to tell you guys.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:28 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Man In Black wrote:

All the shit that was happening in her life was because of this or that or something else or that other thing or that person or this group.

He won, so in his mind he has no shortcomings....

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Man In Black wrote:

True, but at least we know booze is not the problem.

Actually the Eden Valley... up in the hills. Still considered part of the Barossa but a different region... climate, soils, altitude all quite different.

Kiwias wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Man In Black wrote:

Tbf, the last guy suffered from the same problems too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:30 am 

Kiwias wrote:

Tbf, the last guy suffered from the same problems too.[/quote]

FFS, move on. Trump won.

Man In Black wrote:

Can't wait for the election.

Tehuringa wrote:

Actually the Eden Valley... up in the hills. Still considered part of the Barossa but a different region... climate, soils, altitude all quite different.

I went to a quite brilliant Vietnamese restaurant there a few years back - trying to look it up but I think it was FermentAsian. Do you know it?

Kiwias wrote:
Kiwias wrote:

FFS, move on. bubblefart won.[/quote]

:D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:32 am 

Tehuringa wrote:

I went to a quite brilliant Vietnamese restaurant there a few years back - trying to look it up but I think it was FermentAsian. Do you know it?

Yes of course.... it's fantastic... amazing winelist.... Grant & Tuoi are very good friends of mine :thumbup:

Kiwias wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Man In Black wrote:

No matter how many times I see this sort of comment from you, I still cannot fathom how you can compare Obama's ego with Trump's...we live in a parallel universe.

Bullettyme wrote:
Man In Black wrote:

I don't need to. It was such a glorious night there is sort of a Nietzschean Eternal Recurrence going on with me. The election is throbbing in the here and now for me forever.

I loved that night so much, it will occur now for me through eternity.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:35 am 

:lol:

Trump/Clinton was good craic.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:35 am 

Bullettyme wrote:
Man In Black wrote:

I don't need to. It was such a glorious night there is sort of a Nietzschean Eternal Recurrence going on with me. The election is throbbing in the here and now for me forever.

You need to grab some pussy. Consensually, of course.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:37 am 

penguin wrote:
No matter how many times I see this sort of comment from you, I still cannot fathom how you can compare Obama's ego with bubblefart's...we live in a parallel universe.

There's a couple of reasons...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:38 am 

Rinkals wrote:
theaxe wrote:
Assange lost any credibility he had once he decided to become an outlet for Vlad's propaganda machine.

This.

I don't have a problem with him leaking details of clandestine shenanigans and manipulative Foreign Policy prosecuted by various Governments including the US, but he does seem to be highly selective in what he releases. The Clinton emails, for example, were pre-packaged as being multiple smoking guns incriminating her with significant wrong-doing, but in the event there was very little of any substance the damage being done by the packaging rather than the content of the leaks, which were pretty mundane.

The suspicion remains that he releases his leaks to the order of a bigger player.

Indeed.
Now if he was releasing "the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth" it would be a different matter.

"Selective" truth can be every bit as damaging as a lie.
And begs the question of just who is manipulating the narrative.

Quote:

No matter how many times I see this sort of comment from you, I still cannot fathom how you can compare Obama's ego with bubblefart's...we live in a parallel universe.

Fascinating isn't it.

Half the American population saw a deeply magnanimous and humble man. The other half saw a narcissistic, bitter man.

I suspect the failure of the elites to fully get to grips with that divide cost them the election.

I went to a debate on this before the election in London, and Christopher Caldwell tried to make this point: that to a certain refined portion of the population they were just not picking up that Obama was simply talking past and over a very large sector of the electorate. How could he? The mellifluous tones, the gravitas, the thoughtful cadences and the pauses, head tilted archly for effect.

Across America punters in bars were reaching for the remote whenever he appeared on screen.

Personally, I thought he was completely full of shit.

Bullettyme wrote:
penguin wrote:

Why I can't fathom it or why he compares them?

Bullettyme wrote:
Man In Black wrote:

I'm happy you enjoyed it, and I'm sure I'll feel the same way when Trump loses re-election.

There's just so much blubbing about Obama and Bill and Hillary I really thought I'd fallen into some sort of time warp.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:40 am 

Bullettyme wrote:
penguin wrote:

Not you too. Why not spit it out? One of your pals got banned yesterday for that.

Come on. Are you gutz enough for it?

Come on. Come on.

Fcking .....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:41 am 

Yer Man wrote:

"Selective" truth can be every bit as damaging as a lie.
And begs the question of just who is manipulating the narrative.

Who indeed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:41 am 

penguin wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
penguin wrote:

Why I can't fathom it or why he compares them?

He's calling me something. Just doesn't want to full out say it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:43 am 

How tall was Obama? Just sayin.

<innocent face>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:43 am 

Quote:

Fascinating isn't it.

Half the American population saw a deeply magnanimous and humble man. The other half saw a narcissistic, bitter man.

I suspect the failure of the elites to fully get to grips with that divide cost them the election.

I went to a debate on this before the election in London, and Christopher Caldwell tried to make this point: that to a certain refined portion of the population they were just not picking up that Obama was simply talking past and over a very large sector of the electorate. How could he? The mellifluous tones, the gravitas, the thoughtful cadences and the pauses, head tilted archly for effect.

Across America punters in bars were reaching for the remote whenever he appeared on screen.

This would be the Obama who won two elections by large margins, right?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:44 am 

Tehuringa wrote:
Tehuringa wrote:

Yes of course.... it's fantastic... amazing winelist.... Grant & Tuoi are very good friends of mine :thumbup:

It was really quite good. World class.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:44 am 

In a bit of obvious fake news Donald Trump gets historically low approval ratings after first quarter as President. Naturally once he sorts out the terrible Canadians and Chinese and their bullying of the US economy the "lamestream media" will be forced to report the truth.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:45 am 

Quote:

Fascinating isn't it.

You can believe he was full of shit and still I would find it difficult to see how he was comparable to Trump on the matter of arrogance. Trump is pathologically incapable of admitting fault or saying that anything he does is anything other than magnificent/tremendous/<insert hyperbole as mood fits>. As for Trump being seen as humble - I think they liked his arrogance, not that he was an everyman figure. America looked and him and didn't see themselves, they saw the bastardised version of the american dream that they were told they could have, become rich and say whatever the hell you want.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:45 am 

Kiwias wrote:
Quote:

Fascinating isn't it.

That is an extremely irrelevant point to be fair. Come on, you're better than that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:47 am 

Kiwias wrote:

That is an extremely irrelevant point to be fair. Come on, you're better than that.

His style worked when he was the candidate but it did not work (i.e. had the impact you describe) when he was on the stump in support of Clinton.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:47 am 

penguin wrote:
Quote:

Fascinating isn't it.

You can believe he was full of shit and still I would find it difficult to see how he was comparable to bubblefart on the matter of arrogance. bubblefart is pathologically incapable of admitting fault or saying that anything he does is anything other than magnificent/tremendous/<insert hyperbole as mood fits>. As for bubblefart being seen as humble - I think they liked his arrogance, not that he was an everyman figure. America looked and him and didn't see themselves, they saw the bastardised version of the american dream that they were told they could have, become rich and say whatever the hell you want.

I'm not talking about Trump. That's a psychiatry convention of its own.

I'm talking about Obama.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:49 am 

Kiwias wrote:
Kiwias wrote:

His style worked when he was the candidate but it did not work (i.e. had the impact you describe) when he was on the stump in support of Clinton.

Clearly a quite brilliant campaigner.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:01 am 

penguin wrote:
Quote:

Fascinating isn't it.

You can believe he was full of shit and still I would find it difficult to see how he was comparable to bubblefart on the matter of arrogance. bubblefart is pathologically incapable of admitting fault or saying that anything he does is anything other than magnificent/tremendous/<insert hyperbole as mood fits>. As for bubblefart being seen as humble - I think they liked his arrogance, not that he was an everyman figure. America looked and him and didn't see themselves, they saw the bastardised version of the american dream that they were told they could have, become rich and say whatever the hell you want.

I'm not talking about bubblefart. That's a psychiatry convention of its own.

I'm talking about Obama.

You were comparing them so seemed fair...

Obama was hated by a section of Middle America, however the problem was not his personality, he was hated by them in conception, before he had even started - remember how Fox treated his first 100 days? Like it was the apocalypse, and he had barely got going. Now that the dust is settling on his presidency I think there would be a fair proportion of Trump voters who would concede that Obama was a good man, even though they disagreed with him. Again, I think your argument that they saw Obama as arrogant and Trump as humble is just flat wrong.

The failure to address the problem that allowed Trump to waltz in and proclaim he could solve all their ills was a serious one, but it certainly wasn't just Obama's fault alone. All Trump's promises on immigration, jobs, pulling out of foreign wars - all came from the same place, the wish of those people in the red states for their problems to be put first. Sort out their economy. Trump promised them everything they wanted and they swallowed it hook line and sinker.

Last edited by penguin on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:04 am 

If anyone can get HBO, I would recommend this

http://youtu.be/AyloY0AexbM

'A House Divided'.

Compelling viewing and an insight into how Obama went from hero to not, in 2 years.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:06 am 

penguin wrote:
penguin wrote:
Quote:

Fascinating isn't it.

I'm not talking about bubblefart. That's a psychiatry convention of its own.

I'm talking about Obama.

Obama was hated by a section of Middle America, however the problem was not his personality, he was hated by them in conception, before he had even started - remember how Fox treated his first 100 days? Like it was the apocalypse, and he had barely got going. Now that the dust is settling on his presidency I think there would be a fair proportion of bubblefart voters who would concede that Obama was a good man, even though they disagreed with him. Again, I think your argument that they saw Obama as arrogant and bubblefart as humble is just flat wrong.

The failure to address the problem that allowed bubblefart to waltz in and proclaim he could solve all their ills was a serious one, but it certainly wasn't just Obama's fault alone. All bubblefart's promises on immigration, jobs, pulling out of foreign wars - all came from the same place, the wish of those people in the red states for their problems to be put first. Sort out their economy. bubblefart promised them everything they wanted and they swallowed it hook line and sinker.

Isn't that standard Operating Procedure for any salesman/politician ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:08 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
penguin wrote:

Obama was hated by a section of Middle America, however the problem was not his personality, he was hated by them in conception, before he had even started - remember how Fox treated his first 100 days? Like it was the apocalypse, and he had barely got going. Now that the dust is settling on his presidency I think there would be a fair proportion of bubblefart voters who would concede that Obama was a good man, even though they disagreed with him. Again, I think your argument that they saw Obama as arrogant and bubblefart as humble is just flat wrong.

The failure to address the problem that allowed bubblefart to waltz in and proclaim he could solve all their ills was a serious one, but it certainly wasn't just Obama's fault alone. All bubblefart's promises on immigration, jobs, pulling out of foreign wars - all came from the same place, the wish of those people in the red states for their problems to be put first. Sort out their economy. bubblefart promised them everything they wanted and they swallowed it hook line and sinker.

Isn't that standard Operating Procedure for any salesman/politician ?

Yes,on the salesman part but the difference between a salesman and conman is whether they actually have something real to sell you. Trump did not and does not have a real solution to these problems. He sold them snake oil. He's a conman.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:08 am 

shanky wrote:
If anyone can get HBO, I would recommend this

http://youtu.be/AyloY0AexbM

'A House Divided'.

Compelling viewing and an insight into how Obama went from hero to not, in 2 years.

Would you be able to give us some of the highlights? I doubt I'm getting HBO anytime soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1071, 1072, 1073, 1074, 1075, 1076, 1077 ... 1162  Next