planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:29 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:14 pm 

Quote:
Its not about race, its about LH presenting an image. Why should he have to look like DW or revert to an 'older image of LH?' Why does he need to win people over?

He doesn't. But why can't we say he looks like Kriss Kross without being accused of being a racist?

If we said he looked like Denzel Washington we wouldn't be accused of being racist.

Kriss Kross happened to look ridiculous. Lewis now looks ridiculous. Therefore we are racists apparently.

I saw another thread about Kubica looking like a fat hunchback of Notre Dame. Not one person said that was racist. Probably Kubica himself made the comment.

The point is that when you're dealing with Hamilton's fan base, you have to treat them differently to any other fans, which is a shame.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:16 pm 

What a load of crappy racist accusing over here. Did people people really become so super-sensitive and over-reacting? Microscopically seeking for anything that can be labeled as a racist offense speaks more of those that do so, than of those who are "accused" by them.

I live in a multiracial marriage. Seeking for offenses is not how the things work well between people. Just stop it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:29 pm 

I thought about this more and have a further comment. First, I would like to apologise for singling the kris's kross comment out. That in itself isn't the racist part. The fact his hair was even brought up is. I don't see you commenting on Bottas' hair or Perez's. Why is that? I would suggest it is because you consider them "normal" hair styles. You specifically singled out Hamilton's hair as being "bad/wrong" even though braids to a black person is as normal as the hair style on either Perez or Bottas. So normal it shouldn't have even been commented on in the first place any more than your lack of comment on any other driver's hair at the moment.

Why comment in the first place? You may not find it offensive but other people will. Why make a comment that can hurt someone? Keep your opinions to yourself. Don't be part of the hate in this world. If you want to hide behind your hate of the term "PC" go ahead. It still doesn't change the hurt it causes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:40 pm 

TheDamus wrote:
I thought about this more and have a further comment. First, I would like to apologise for singling the kris's kross comment out. That in itself isn't the racist part. The fact his hair was even brought up is. I don't see you commenting on Bottas' hair or Perez's. Why is that? I would suggest it is because you consider them "normal" hair styles. You specifically singled out Hamilton's hair as being "bad/wrong" even though braids to a black person is as normal as the hair style on either Perez or Bottas. So normal it shouldn't have even been commented on in the first place any more than your lack of comment on any other driver's hair at the moment.

Also, it has nothing to do with being PC. It has everything to do with not saying something that can hurt someone else. You may not find it offensive but other people will. Why make a comment that can hurt someone? Keep your opinions to yourself. Don't be part of the hate in this world.

I'd say this is all wrong too.

If Perez showed up with bleach blonde hair it would be commented on. Someone may even say he resembles Eminem.
If Bottas showed up with a dark-haired quiff, people would comment. Someone might say he looks like Elvis.
If Vettel shaved his head, people would comment. Someone might even say he looks like *any number of people with a shaved head*
They wouldn't be racist in doing so.

On your point about hurting someone, it becomes impossible to comment without offending someone, especially someone who seeks to find wrong in comments.
Let's extend this further - even if this was commented on because it isn't 'normal', that isn't racist. If I'm surrounded by people of a different culture and something is unusual to me, it isn't racist of me to find it unusual.

People have personal preferences on style. I think a male catwalk model with their perfect skin, contact lens enhanced sparkling eyes and absolutely bizarre outfits look silly. Am I racist against white culture? Is there such a thing as white culture?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:02 pm 
I gave a thumbs up for the meme, it was hilarious.

Also I'm not a racist, that said I think his haristyle looks ridiculous. If you and I were to walk downtown I could find a lot of white dudes who has a hairstyle that looks ridiculous too.
Doesn't matter if you're black or white or whatever, if you dress and style like fairy cakes, you dress and style like fairy cakes, end off.
I've seen Lewis dress very stylish, sharp and classy too. This time, he didn't.

Edit: Wow that autocorrect when you use bad language is hilarious. If I would actually dress up like a fairycake I would probably eat myself up, I like cake!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:11 pm 

TheDamus wrote:

Why comment in the first place? You may not find it offensive but other people will. Why make a comment that can hurt someone? Keep your opinions to yourself. Don't be part of the hate in this world. If you want to hide behind your hate of the term "PC" go ahead. It still doesn't change the hurt it causes.

Racist? My goodness me. Here's a really racist thread for you, about Goran Ivanisevic in the 90s:
http://sporttoday.org/3_a68e227221288f6a_1.htm

And this one might be the most racist one ever - you better sit down:
http://motorsportm8.com/2013/08/24/sebs-hairstyle-horror/

Snowing in July it seems.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:52 pm 

TheDamus wrote:

Dude, you're getting your knickers in a twist about something that is only perceived in your own mind.
I merely commented that his new hairstyle wasn't my cup of tea.
No hate on my part, I'm a big Lewis fan, he's my favourite sportsmen.
Lewis shared the pics on social media, when you do that you are opening yourself up to others opinions.
Is positive feedback the only type allowed?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:14 pm 

I didn't post the comment about him looking like the guy from Kris Kross - I simply meant to copy the link that Laz_T800 had put on with the picture but it did not occur to me that that comment could be considered racist as I didn't consider it to be so. The comment I made (God... speechless) was my attempt to try to say that the look wasn't really my cup of tea (not necessarily Lewis' hair more the clothes tbh). This is a thread about Lewis Hamilton , why can't people comment on whether they like his new style? Also the people who are slinging round the racist accusations are assuming that people on here are white....

I am a big Lewis fan.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:27 pm 

Ennis wrote:

I'd say this is all wrong too.

If Perez showed up with bleach blonde hair it would be commented on. Someone may even say he resembles Eminem.
If Bottas showed up with a dark-haired quiff, people would comment. Someone might say he looks like Elvis.
If Vettel shaved his head, people would comment. Someone might even say he looks like *any number of people with a shaved head*
They wouldn't be racist in doing so.

To clarify, I started this because I though that I thought the comment about braids had an element of race in it, that's how it felt to me. So I showed it to a few people, I then went on to point out that on reflection the surrounding comment was about having a go at LH's image rather than race and I felt he was entitled to present himself as he wished.

If any of the above incidents happened and I felt it was excessive, inappropriate or ordering on ridicule I would say so. In addition anyone commenting on Kubica would not be racist clearly, but the might well be offending if they said he was, "looking like a fat hunchback of Notre Dame", does he deserve that? Even if HE said that he would hope for a retort such as, "Its your lap times we are interested in Rob".

Some on here have just used the thread as an opportunity to hit out, there are some thought through comments on race on here, but there is some reactionary rubbish as well, I don't see the need to be so aggressive.

I'll offend some on here but I would point out that the 15-20 year of today olds are more sensitive to what is described as "rude" comment, rude comment might be defined by some on here as political correctness gone wrong.

Seeing as the demographic on here doesn't match that group I concede it's irrelevant. But that view does exist.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:42 pm 

Option or Prime wrote:

To clarify, I started this because I though that I thought the comment about braids had an element of race in it, that's how it felt to me. So I showed it to a few people, I then went on to point out that on reflection the surrounding comment was about having a go at LH's image rather than race and I felt he was entitled to present himself as he wished.

If any of the above incidents happened and I felt it was excessive, inappropriate or ordering on ridicule I would say so. In addition anyone commenting on Kubica would not be racist clearly, but the might well be offending if they said he was, "looking like a fat hunchback of Notre Dame", does he deserve that? Even if HE said that he would hope for a retort such as, "Its your lap times we are interested in Rob".

Some on here have just used the thread as an opportunity to hit out, there are some thought through comments on race on here, but there is some reactionary rubbish as well, I don't see the need to be so aggressive.

I'll offend some on here but I would point out that the 15-20 year of today olds are more sensitive to what is described as "rude" comment, rude comment might be defined by some on here as political correctness gone wrong.

Seeing as the demographic on here doesn't match that group I concede it's irrelevant. But that view does exist.

So just to clarify, it's only the white people who can be this rare breed of image-commenting racists?

Aggressive?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:15 pm 

JenF1 wrote:
I didn't post the comment about him looking like the guy from Kris Kross - I simply meant to copy the link that Laz_T800 had put on with the picture but it did not occur to me that that comment could be considered racist as I didn't consider it to be so. The comment I made (God... speechless) was my attempt to try to say that the look wasn't really my cup of tea (not necessarily Lewis' hair more the clothes tbh). This is a thread about Lewis Hamilton , why can't people comment on whether they like his new style? Also the people who are slinging round the racist accusations are assuming that people on here are white....

I am a big Lewis fan.

JenF1, don't feel the need to apologise for something you did not intend on causing offence (which, by the way, you didn't). I've read the last couple of pages with interest and have to say the narrow-mindedness of some is astonishing.

Saying Lewis looks like someone from Kris Kross is not racist. Ironically I was randomly browsing on YouTube on my lunch break today and found that hilarious news interview with Charles Ramsey:

I immediately likened him to Henriques from Commando:

Does that make me racist? Not in the slightest. He just looks like him, the same that Lewis looks like Kris Kross because of his hairstyle.

Now, if all of us white folk 'black up' and rock up at the Hungaroring this weekend (kinda like the Spanish fans in 2008?) then yes, consider us racist. But, until then, people seriously need to lighten up. There was no offence intended, and they need to stop looking for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:52 pm 

lamo wrote:
I can't believe we are discussing Hamiltons hair and his hair transplant didn't come up :lol:

I thought I was going mad. I could have sworn he was going bald years ago

FA#14

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:01 pm 

Laz_T800 wrote:
mds wrote:
TheDamus wrote:
If it isn't racist it baffles me as to how someone can be so ignorant of another culture as to make a connection to a black culture reference from more than. 20years ago. People have had braids since 1992.

But really, how is making a reference to a culture reference from more than 20 years ago racist?

If my wife goes out tomorrow and gets a Jennifer-Aniston-in-1995-Friends haircut, and people tell her "well you look like Jennifer Aniston!", then that's racist too?

I don't get this.

Unfortunately there is an element of society who seem to want to be offended on other peoples behalf on an almost constant basis.

:thumbup: to both of you. My wife says I look like Vin Diesel ever since I started going bald, I guess I shouldn´t have thanked her for the compliment and instead called her racist.

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:38 pm 
People are too bored (and have too much time for stupid s*it) nowadays, they find the reason to hate on anything just to get a kick out of it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:35 am 

Jesus, this thread is depressing! Why are people so concerned about what another man is doing to his body. Outside of self harm live and let live people........

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:39 am 

bonecrasher wrote:
Jesus, this thread is depressing! Why are people so concerned about what another man is doing to his body. Outside of self harm live and let live people........

Why do people share with the world what they're doing to their body?. He evidently wanted it talked about so we can't really moan when people decide too.

The depressing bit is when people are trying to pull the race card out to try and scare people off saying negative things about whatever's being offered up for discussion.

3 Lewis fans gently poking fun at his barnet turned into a right royal mess when that card came out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:29 am 

I am black and I don't see the racism here. In fact, I do agree he looks like Kris kross. It may look bad to some people but it looks good to others. No big deal. I personally think he looks ok with it. Many people have dreds, it's a pretty common hairstyle. Don't see the big fuss.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:06 am 

kleefton wrote:
I am black and I don't see the racism here. In fact, I do agree he looks like Kris kross. It may look bad to some people but it looks good to others. No big deal. I personally think he looks ok with it. Many people have dreds, it's a pretty common hairstyle. Don't see the big fuss.

:thumbup:

Thank you.
I was a pretty upset at the allegation as I don't live my life like that.
Racism is abhorrent, I have no time for people who hate others because of the colour of their skin.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:22 am 

No racism here move on!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:54 am 
Clarky wrote:
No racism here move on!!!

Exactly! :thumbup:

As always, hoping for Hamilton pole, win and WDC lead this weekend! :] :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:42 pm 
The 5 Hungarian Grand prix wins, never won there in a year he has won the title. Kimi has finished 2nd to Lewis 4 times here too. A critical point in the WDC battle but a race that has thrown up some crazy lottery type and wet races in the last decade; 2006, 2010, 2011, 2014 and 2015 to name a few. If Lewis gets his hands on that white vase again, he is going into the summer break with the WDC lead something he hasn't had all year.

2007:
grandprix.com

2009:
abc.net.au

2012:
whtimes.co.uk

2013:
telegraph.co.uk

2016:
s.yimg.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:31 pm 

Laz_T800 wrote:
kleefton wrote:

Thank you.
Racism is abhorrent, I have no time for people who hate others because of the colour of their skin.

Both of you - Winners! :thumbup: :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:44 pm 

Laz_T800 wrote:
kleefton wrote:

Thank you.

Laz_T800 - I was devastated at the allegation too. I feel the same as you. And I am not sure I will post on here in future.

I hope this weekend goes well for Lewis and that he can take a good lead in the WDC.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:55 pm 

Missed qualifying. I see bottas gained 8 tenths and hamilton gained only a few hundreds. Car problems?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:31 pm 

Anyone know what Hamilton is suggesting on his Facebook page? Has a picture of him in motor bike gear and captioned it, 'Annuncement tomorrow'.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:41 pm 

Schumacher forever#1 wrote:
Anyone know what Hamilton is suggesting on his Facebook page? Has a picture of him in motor bike gear and captioned it, 'Annuncement tomorrow'.

I've got 2 guesses either contract extension switching to 2 wheels...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:47 pm 

bonecrasher wrote:

32 is a little on the old side for a rookie motorbike racer lol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:56 pm 

sandman1347 wrote:
bonecrasher wrote:

32 is a little on the old side for a rookie motorbike racer lol

Lol....Lewis is still quite young at heart though, I'm sure he would be willing to take the challenge. He is the epitome of boy racer.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:03 pm 
lamo wrote:
He has 5 Hungarian Grand prix wins, but never won there in a year he won the title.

That run hopefully works out then :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:03 pm 
New limited edition bike I would guess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:18 pm 

So were was the announcement?

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:42 pm 

pokerman wrote:

All over the internet. For example.......

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new- ... -hamilton/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:20 pm 

shoot999 wrote:
pokerman wrote:

Cheers, glad he's sticking to only racing in F1.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 3rd

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:54 am 

shoot999 wrote:
pokerman wrote:

Now that's a pretty cool bike. This guy really has a charmed life.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:25 pm 

Wait.
Quote:
Lewis Hamilton's panther logo is also featured on the bike.

1. Lewis has a panther logo?
2. I don't see it featured anywhere on the bike in those photos.
3. Is it there but so stylized that I just can't make it out?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:41 pm 

RaggedMan wrote:
Wait.
Quote:

It is on the exhausts, the "V" looking design. I think it is the eyes and nose of a panther. Google LH panther logo and you'll find it

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:01 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2HLWU_Q62g

Lewis Hamilton conducting the crowd in the grandstands of Malaysia.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:07 pm 
Siao7 wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:
Wait.
Quote:

It is on the exhausts, the "V" looking design. I think it is the eyes and nose of a panther. Google LH panther logo and you'll find it

Those are angel wings.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:11 am 

lamo wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:
Wait.
Quote:

Those are angel wings.

Coulda sworn that thing on his helmet was some sorta lion

FA#14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:51 am 
I've heard it refered to as an angel by Hamilton who follows one of those religion things.

A solid race from Lewis, wise not to fight Maz too hard and got the job done. 1st and 2nd in two weekends he should have been 4th/5th is huge for the championship.