planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:43 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

Which driver won each intra-team battle in France?
Poll ended at Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:21 pm
Hamilton 11%  11%  [ 31 ]
Bottas 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Vettel 2%  2%  [ 5 ]
Raikkonen 10%  10%  [ 27 ]
Ricciardo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Verstappen 11%  11%  [ 30 ]
Perez 6%  6%  [ 16 ]
Ocon 3%  3%  [ 9 ]
Stroll 3%  3%  [ 8 ]
Sirotkin 5%  5%  [ 15 ]
Sainz 10%  10%  [ 28 ]
Hulkenberg 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Gasly 4%  4%  [ 10 ]
Hartley 4%  4%  [ 12 ]
Grosjean 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Magnussen 9%  9%  [ 26 ]
Alonso 2%  2%  [ 6 ]
Vandoorne 7%  7%  [ 20 ]
Ericsson 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Leclerc 11%  11%  [ 30 ]
Total votes : 277
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:21 pm 

Here are the results from the vote after Canada:

I would say they are about as processional as the race itself! Two drivers (Hulkenberg and Leclerc) scored 100% of the votes for a specific team, while only Sirotkin and Gasly had any kind of resistance on the way to scoring the TMW victory. Overall, the standings are as follows:

Hamilton 4-3 Bottas (52% - 48%)
Vettel 6-1 Raikkonen (71% - 29%)
Ricciardo 5-2 Verstappen (74% - 26%)
Ocon 4-3 Perez (44% - 56%)
Stroll 5-2 Sirotkin (72% - 28%)
Hulkenberg 5-2 Sainz (61% - 39%)
Gasly 5-2 Hartley (69% - 31%)
Magnussen 6-1 Grosjean (82% - 18%)
Alonso 7-0 Vandoorne (97% - 3%)
Leclerc 4-3 Ericsson (64% - 36%)

With Romain Grosjean picking up his first TMW victory of 2018, it leaves Stoffel Vandoorne as the only driver yet to get on the board. He is also by far and away the driver who has received the least votes, having picked up a grand total of nine from the first seven races. The next lowest is Grosjean with 42. Looking at each team individually:

Mercedes: Hamilton/Bottas is almost as evenly matched as it could be, with just 2% separating them so far this season. It's our closest TMW battle to date.
Ferrari: Seb continues to dominate Kimi and has now taken victory in each of the past six TMW votes.
Red Bull: The two drivers continue to take turns in recording TMW victories: it was Ricciardo in Baku, Max in Spain, Daniel in Monaco and now Max again in Canada.
Force India: Perez/Ocon is also pretty close but comes with the added caveat that while Sergio has received a larger share of the votes (56%), Ocon has actually won four of the seven TMW votes.
Renault: After Carlos Sainz responded to Nico Hulkenberg beating him at the first three races, Nico seems to have steadied the ship and responded himself, following up his TMW victory in Monaco with one in Canada to lead 5-2 for the season.
Sauber: After losing the first three rounds, Charles Leclerc has now rattled off four consecutive TMW wins to take a 4-3 lead against his more experienced teammate.
Williams: Having failed to claim a TMW victory in the opening five rounds, Sergey Sirotkin now has two in a row (although still trails Stroll heavily overall).
Toro Rosso: Four TMW wins in a row for Pierre Gasly giving him a comfortably 5-2 lead for the year.
Haas: As mentioned, Romain Grosjean finally picks up a TMW victory!
McLaren: Seriously though, Stoffel Vandoorne has nine votes. Nine! From seven races. And the irony is that even as someone who really rates him, I'd find it hard to justify any of those nine votes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:26 pm 

Cr*p, I pressed Vettel instead of Kimi, not sure how to fix it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:51 pm 

I found Ferrari, FI, and Williams hard to choose this time around.

Kimi had a horrible qualifying but showed well in the race. Vettel did okay in qualifying and had a great recovery drive, but the need for a recovery drive falls largely on him. In the end I gave it to Kimi.

Both Williams drivers were nowhere all weekend but Stroll damaged the tires he was trying to make to the end on and cost a finish so I gave it Sirotkin.

FI Ocon was taken out early and Perez retired late in the race with mechanical issues. Ended up giving it to Perez.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:10 pm 

First one I could give to Stoff I think. Reasonably close on Saturday and made his own luck by taking advantage of the T1 carnage by leaving the track while Alonso stayed on it and got blocked so they split strategies.

Alonso did have brake issues but he made a mistake which cost him about 10s whereas Stoff was faultless and made some good moves including passing Alonso so I'm going with Stoff.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:41 pm 

Some tough ones this time out, for a change!

* At Ferrari I gave the point to Vettel, against the popular opinion it seems. I think his collision with Bottas was pretty much a racing incident.
* For Force India I've gone with Perez, after some hesitation. I hold Ocon at fault for his race-ending DNF, so that tipped the scales.
* For Williams I went with Sirotkin, based mostly on quali. It's hard to find a winner at Williams these days...
* At Toro Rosso I gave the point to Gasly; much quicker in qualifying, and I don't blame him for his DNF.
* At McLaren I actually gave the point to Alonso, but I did forget about his spin. Strong case for Vandoorne picking up his first win here.

(Easy ones were Hamilton, Verstappen, Sainz, Magnussen, Leclerc)

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:47 pm 

Exediron wrote:

* At Ferrari I gave the point to Vettel, against the popular opinion it seems. I think his collision with Bottas was pretty much a racing incident.
* For Force India I've gone with Perez, after some hesitation. I hold Ocon at fault for his race-ending DNF, so that tipped the scales.
* For Williams I went with Sirotkin, based mostly on quali. It's hard to find a winner at Williams these days...
* At Toro Rosso I gave the point to Gasly; much quicker in qualifying, and I don't blame him for his DNF.
* At McLaren I actually gave the point to Alonso, but I did forget about his spin. Strong case for Vandoorne picking up his first win here.

I don't know if I'm missing something but didn't Gasly basically just lose the back end and spin into Ocon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:18 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:
Exediron wrote:

I don't know if I'm missing something but didn't Gasly basically just lose the back end and spin into Ocon.

Not how I saw it, no - although admittedly I haven't watched any new angles or anything. I thought Gasly went for a move down the inside of Ocon, Ocon closed the door like he wasn't there, and Gasly spun the car while braking in an emergency attempt to avoid contact.

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:23 pm 

Exediron wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Exediron wrote:

Not how I saw it, no - although admittedly I haven't watched any new angles or anything. I thought Gasly went for a move down the inside of Ocon, Ocon closed the door like he wasn't there, and Gasly spun the car while braking in an emergency attempt to avoid contact.

Fair enough.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:43 pm 

I went for:

Hamilton (outqualified Bottas and drove a faultless race, although Bottas is unfortunate to have been Kvyat'ed at turn one)
Raikkonen (another poor Saturday but he benefits from Seb's foolishness, and ultimately finished ahead of him anyway)
Verstappen (put Daniel in the shade this weekend, even if Ricciardo was nursing a front wing-related issue)
Perez (Ocon outqualified him but then managed to have a crash where both he and Gasly were at fault, IMO. So Perez gets the nod almost by virtue of staying out of trouble)
Sirotkin (Started ahead of Stroll and finished ahead of him, mainly because he didn't chew through his tyres like Stroll did. Very little between them though)
Sainz (Clearly outperformed Hulk this weekend)
Hartley (A tougher version of Perez/Ocon, really. At least Perez drove a vaguely decent race before his car failed; Hartley had another completely forgettable Sunday. But at least he stayed out of trouble)
Magnussen (Didn't crash in Q3, didn't get penalised in the race. Pretty simple decision here)
Vandoorne (Finally! Although it took some first lap chaos and a rare mistake from Alonso to achieve it, rather than Stoff outperforming the Spaniard)
Leclerc (This was a really, really tough decision... :lol: )

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:45 pm 

Siao7 wrote:

None AFAIK, but I can make a note of it and adjust the totals when I put them into my spreadsheet :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:19 pm 

Jenson's Understeer wrote:
Siao7 wrote:

None AFAIK, but I can make a note of it and adjust the totals when I put them into my spreadsheet :thumbup:

Thank you, Kimi was the faster of the two drivers in the race I think, so there!