planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:28 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:47 pm 

Rachie_D wrote:
I really love those! Insanely cute.

Finally finished a picture of Thor I started about a year ago. Sorry the picture quality's so bad. Scanner isn't working and I couldn't be bothered fiddling to find the best options any more.

I'm sure I've said this before but I love your stuff! So much detail! :D

Do you draw from eye or trace the outlines? I've always been happy drawing still-life but when I draw people I prefer getting photographs and tracing the outline as there is something about facial proportions I'm not so good at. But maybe I just need to practice a bit more. :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:03 pm 

FlyingScot wrote:
Rachie_D wrote:
I really love those! Insanely cute.

Finally finished a picture of Thor I started about a year ago. Sorry the picture quality's so bad. Scanner isn't working and I couldn't be bothered fiddling to find the best options any more.

I'm sure I've said this before but I love your stuff! So much detail! :D

Do you draw from eye or trace the outlines? I've always been happy drawing still-life but when I draw people I prefer getting photographs and tracing the outline as there is something about facial proportions I'm not so good at. But maybe I just need to practice a bit more. :D

Ahh thank you! So nice to hear.

Yeah I tend to just trace right from my laptop to be honest. If I cover my head with a blanket then it shining through the paper really helps. Only trace the main features though, it just saves so much time! You should get back to it, I've hardly done any drawing for about a year but it was really nice to get started again. Do need to pick up some new pencils though.

@Alien I really love L! The anime was incredible and the artwork in the manga was just something else. I did a picture of him once in ink and managed to spill ink on it right at the end. I still gave it to my friend who appreciated it but it was so annoying anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:11 am 

Rachie_D wrote:
@Alien I really love L! The anime was incredible and the artwork in the manga was just something else. I did a picture of him once in ink and managed to spill ink on it right at the end. I still gave it to my friend who appreciated it but it was so annoying anyway.

I was introduced to Death Note a few weeks ago and then spent the weekend watching all the episodes back to back on YouTube, it's one of the most compulsive pieces of television I have ever watched and I would strongly recommend it to anyone, even those who are prejudiced against anime. The characters and themes in it, as well as the intellectual game of chess between the lead characters was simply brilliant.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:17 pm 

So, having finally seen Rush, it gave me the inspiration I needed to get sketching again. I've realised I still can't draw hands, but I'm pretty happy with the rest of it. :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:23 am 

FlyingScot wrote:
So, having finally seen Rush, it gave me the inspiration I needed to get sketching again. I've realised I still can't draw hands, but I'm pretty happy with the rest of it. :D

That's insanely good! Hands are a *inaudible*, I tend to just leave them out of pictures. How long did it take?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:31 am 

Rachie_D wrote:
That's insanely good! Hands are a *inaudible*, I tend to just leave them out of pictures. How long did it take?

Thank you so much! Pretty much all of yesterday, took a few breaks. Maybe 8-10 hours? Niki was a lot easier to draw, I couldn't get James's facial expression right and I re-did its lots of times. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:29 am 

FlyingScot wrote:
Rachie_D wrote:

Thank you so much! Pretty much all of yesterday, took a few breaks. Maybe 8-10 hours? Niki was a lot easier to draw, I couldn't get James's facial expression right and I re-did its lots of times. :lol:

That's awesome! Was worth it, you've really got the expressions nailed. Especially Niki.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:37 am 

Have been practicing drawing on my phone in different styles. So I drew this version of the character Weiss from Roosterteeth's new show RWBY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:01 pm 

Painted this last night. I'm trying to get back to drawing stuff again. This is the first time I've done this kind of painting and I'm pretty happy with it. Next on my list is Webbo!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:52 pm 

Wow, awesome job. Great work!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:04 pm 

Can't believe I never responded to that last picture. It's actually incredible!

I've done no drawing for months and today have started a picture of Leigh Halfpenny (I know, I know...) Anyway, here's a WIP!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:56 pm 

replies to old posts:

beyamei: nice SD characters!

jezick: thought of tweeting that jenson drawing to him? You might even get a reply back.. also would've been a good one-up on the teacher. Any more from your kid? I wonder how he has progressed over the year..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:06 am 

I've always liked the idea of drawing & painting, but whenever I attempt anything I just realise how terrible I am! Everyone else here is really gifted with the pencil and brush :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:40 pm 

Fiiinally finished the picture of Leigh Halfpenny. Now who to draw nexxxt? :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:50 pm 

Lots of great work in here, everyone!!! Jezick makes a great point about art teachers and putting time and effort into work. That's my biggest complaint about taking art courses in high school and college - the time the instructors let us put into a particular work DURING class time.

I grew up as a kid drawing so often it wasn't funny. Once I picked up my first paint brush in high school though, I basically stopped drawing entirely (except for drafting preliminary sketches of future paintings). The change of media was just so significant and enjoyable for me. Sadly, I haven't painted in nearly two years - a new job, turning a hobby into a business, a wedding, and travel does that I suppose. LOL After this coming summer, I will be forcing myself to reduce workload and get back into painting. It's been too long. Here are some of my favorites from the past few years. I'm definitely a landscape painter at heart. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:04 pm 

Emma Stone picture I've been working on.

Honda, they are absolutely incredible! I'm insanely jealous of your talent there.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:40 pm 

Wow, some epic painting and talent in this thread!!

8O Honda, 8O

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:28 am 

I'm not sharing any art with this post, but it seemed like a good place to show my disdain for this guy and his comments about kids.... http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28639242 (mobile page).

What a cock! Art should produce a response in any one who sees it, does it really matter that it isn't the response the artist was thinking when he made it? And isn't it a good thing that someone can see a piece for the first time as a child and then get a different response from it when seeing it again when they're older? If he wants kids out of art galleries, then straight away he's stopping a lot of parents who would go with their kids which would damage galleries income and also exclude a lot of people from appreciating art. I hope he never gets nominated for a Turner prize again after these comments excluding people from the art world.

/rant

p.s. Honda, great work! Loads of different styles, subjects and techniques. Really impressive and your skies are just gorgeous :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:33 pm 

Some stunning work on here. Bravo. :thumbup:

Does this count as art. Individually made porcelain bespoke all ceramic crowns and bridges. This is what I do.

Before and after.