planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:31 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 5:56 pm
Posts: 240
Location: London
Bottas did well to stay out of trouble and come through the nonsense and get into Q2. Very, very difficult conditions, particularly in your first F1 race, in an "undriveable car", after a year without racing.

Great start.

Bottas. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:39 pm
Posts: 1159
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Yeah, well done Bottas!

_________________
..

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they are open


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:40 pm
Posts: 79
The car may be fairy cakes, but he didn't seem to do anything in the race. Pretty much every talented rookie who has gone on to do something in the future, has been impressive in their first race, and shown flashes of their future greatness, but Bottas didn't, which is a pity as a finn who hopes to have a compatriot to root for after Kimi retires.

Bianchi was the only rookie to really impress.....

I know it's just one race, but success in the first race usually is a great indicator. Not only of the potential pace of the driver, but of his mindset, that he's able to impress from the start, and not be tentative. Another finn who was destined for mediocrity, even though getting top drives, was Kovalainen, and after seeing his Melbourne debut, I knew that he would never amount to anything special. Bottas at least stayed on the track, but I hope he shows more aggressiveness in Malaysia....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 5:56 pm
Posts: 240
Location: London
The Williams is an absolute dog. So you're expecting Bottas to be running at the front in his first race? I don't get it.

I think he's done a good job this weekend. Very difficult to judge his race performance as he was in no man's land between the backmarkers and the rest but he only went off once in quali and the race, whilst Maldo went off about 4 times, including beaching it in the race.

Interesting to note how much more positive and hopeful his post-race comments were than Maldonado's but then I guess Maldo was probably annoyed that he's fluffed it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:27 pm
Posts: 27
Location: Hobbs America
Good on BOTTAS to get into Q2. Beating his teammate.

Then to finish the race clean and beat his teammate.

I would say a very successful start to an F1 career.

BOTTAS said before the race weekend that his plan and the teams plan is to start to gain confidence in where the car is at and how fast it can go and then MAXIMUM ATTACK

I would say he spent the whole race weekend comfortable sussing out where the car is and then cautiously attacking just enough to beat experienced teammate handily in what teammate is calling an undriveable car, thus proving that whatever Pastor says the car is drive-able. Maybe not lightning fast but something to plod around on and test parts for next years chassis and earn top 10 WCC money with.

If BOTTAS continues to beat Pastor he will look very good by the end of the season.

_________________
Turnabout is Fair Play. I think. I may have heard that somewhere.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:40 pm
Posts: 79
mccormickja wrote:
The Williams is an absolute dog. So you're expecting Bottas to be running at the front in his first race? I don't get it.

I think he's done a good job this weekend. Very difficult to judge his race performance as he was in no man's land between the backmarkers and the rest but he only went off once in quali and the race, whilst Maldo went off about 4 times, including beaching it in the race.

Interesting to note how much more positive and hopeful his post-race comments were than Maldonado's but then I guess Maldo was probably annoyed that he's fluffed it.


I'm sure he has a solid future in F1, but it really seems like every great driver in history has done something that stands out, no matter the car, in their first race weekend. Hamilton was amazing right from the start, Alonso outqualified his teammate by 3 seconds, and finished 13th with a Minardi, a car that is like the HRT of last year..... Vettel scored points in his debut, and set multiple fastest laps in friday sessions, Kimi finished 6th in his first race etc. etc. Okay, maybe I was hoping too much for Bottas, and he'll probably be a fine driver, but I'm not expecting championships in his future. Great drivers tend to have the mentality that they impress/go flat out from the start, and Bottas who had a lot of experience in an F1 car before his debut looked really tentative out there.

I know I'm harsh, but there haven't been many(any) great drivers who don't impress right from the start. As I said, the car is bad, but so is the Marussia, and Bianchi looked really good out there, nevertheless....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:06 pm
Posts: 275
Did any of you take a look at Bottas' laptimes? How did he do against Maldonado?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 5:56 pm
Posts: 240
Location: London
JFish wrote:
mccormickja wrote:
The Williams is an absolute dog. So you're expecting Bottas to be running at the front in his first race? I don't get it.

I think he's done a good job this weekend. Very difficult to judge his race performance as he was in no man's land between the backmarkers and the rest but he only went off once in quali and the race, whilst Maldo went off about 4 times, including beaching it in the race.

Interesting to note how much more positive and hopeful his post-race comments were than Maldonado's but then I guess Maldo was probably annoyed that he's fluffed it.


I'm sure he has a solid future in F1, but it really seems like every great driver in history has done something that stands out, no matter the car, in their first race weekend. Hamilton was amazing right from the start, Alonso outqualified his teammate by 3 seconds, and finished 13th with a Minardi, a car that is like the HRT of last year..... Vettel scored points in his debut, and set multiple fastest laps in friday sessions, Kimi finished 6th in his first race etc. etc. Okay, maybe I was hoping too much for Bottas, and he'll probably be a fine driver, but I'm not expecting championships in his future. Great drivers tend to have the mentality that they impress/go flat out from the start, and Bottas who had a lot of experience in an F1 car before his debut looked really tentative out there.

I know I'm harsh, but there haven't been many(any) great drivers who don't impress right from the start. As I said, the car is bad, but so is the Marussia, and Bianchi looked really good out there, nevertheless....


Irrelevant. You can only do as well as the car allows. For example, Hamilton was sitting in the second best car in his first race (and Massa started from the back due to a fault). Bottas has the 3rd worst car on the grid. He outqualified his much more qualified teammate who's been at Williams for 3 years (?) and beat him in the race. Simple as that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:40 pm
Posts: 79
mccormickja wrote:
JFish wrote:
mccormickja wrote:
The Williams is an absolute dog. So you're expecting Bottas to be running at the front in his first race? I don't get it.

I think he's done a good job this weekend. Very difficult to judge his race performance as he was in no man's land between the backmarkers and the rest but he only went off once in quali and the race, whilst Maldo went off about 4 times, including beaching it in the race.

Interesting to note how much more positive and hopeful his post-race comments were than Maldonado's but then I guess Maldo was probably annoyed that he's fluffed it.


I'm sure he has a solid future in F1, but it really seems like every great driver in history has done something that stands out, no matter the car, in their first race weekend. Hamilton was amazing right from the start, Alonso outqualified his teammate by 3 seconds, and finished 13th with a Minardi, a car that is like the HRT of last year..... Vettel scored points in his debut, and set multiple fastest laps in friday sessions, Kimi finished 6th in his first race etc. etc. Okay, maybe I was hoping too much for Bottas, and he'll probably be a fine driver, but I'm not expecting championships in his future. Great drivers tend to have the mentality that they impress/go flat out from the start, and Bottas who had a lot of experience in an F1 car before his debut looked really tentative out there.

I know I'm harsh, but there haven't been many(any) great drivers who don't impress right from the start. As I said, the car is bad, but so is the Marussia, and Bianchi looked really good out there, nevertheless....


Irrelevant. You can only do as well as the car allows. For example, Hamilton was sitting in the second best car in his first race (and Massa started from the back due to a fault). Bottas has the 3rd worst car on the grid. He outqualified his much more qualified teammate who's been at Williams for 3 years (?) and beat him in the race. Simple as that.


He's been beaten HANDILY by Maldonado in every dry session this year, and beat him in Q1 in Melbourne because Pastor made a mistake on his lap. Also did nothing in the race last week..... Not impressed at all, and very disappointed, as I was hoping to have another quick finn to root for after Kimi's done....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:33 pm
Posts: 116
Location: F1(n)land
JFish wrote:
mccormickja wrote:
JFish wrote:
mccormickja wrote:
The Williams is an absolute dog. So you're expecting Bottas to be running at the front in his first race? I don't get it.

I think he's done a good job this weekend. Very difficult to judge his race performance as he was in no man's land between the backmarkers and the rest but he only went off once in quali and the race, whilst Maldo went off about 4 times, including beaching it in the race.

Interesting to note how much more positive and hopeful his post-race comments were than Maldonado's but then I guess Maldo was probably annoyed that he's fluffed it.


I'm sure he has a solid future in F1, but it really seems like every great driver in history has done something that stands out, no matter the car, in their first race weekend. Hamilton was amazing right from the start, Alonso outqualified his teammate by 3 seconds, and finished 13th with a Minardi, a car that is like the HRT of last year..... Vettel scored points in his debut, and set multiple fastest laps in friday sessions, Kimi finished 6th in his first race etc. etc. Okay, maybe I was hoping too much for Bottas, and he'll probably be a fine driver, but I'm not expecting championships in his future. Great drivers tend to have the mentality that they impress/go flat out from the start, and Bottas who had a lot of experience in an F1 car before his debut looked really tentative out there.

I know I'm harsh, but there haven't been many(any) great drivers who don't impress right from the start. As I said, the car is bad, but so is the Marussia, and Bianchi looked really good out there, nevertheless....


Irrelevant. You can only do as well as the car allows. For example, Hamilton was sitting in the second best car in his first race (and Massa started from the back due to a fault). Bottas has the 3rd worst car on the grid. He outqualified his much more qualified teammate who's been at Williams for 3 years (?) and beat him in the race. Simple as that.


He's been beaten HANDILY by Maldonado in every dry session this year, and beat him in Q1 in Melbourne because Pastor made a mistake on his lap. Also did nothing in the race last week..... Not impressed at all, and very disappointed, as I was hoping to have another quick finn to root for after Kimi's done....


I'm starting to feel a bit like this. Hope we're both wrong, though. Look at Bianchi for what I would like to see...

_________________
"Iteppähän ajoin"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:28 pm
Posts: 1226
Location: The Finnish forests
What's going on in here? Bottas was 3.5 tenths off Maldonado in Q1 today - it's quite a bit, yes, and it made the difference, but we're talking being off the pace against Maldonado, who often qualified very well last year whereas Senna was usually struggling badly. In the last race, Bottas' lap times were quite competitive compared to Maldonado. It's only Bottas' second race, and the car was designed to be to Maldonado's liking (and now Maldonado doesn't like it).

The comparison to Bianchi is inevitable, and Bianchi certainly has been impressive this far, but he's up against Chilton, whose speed is unknown, and lacks a proper benchmark. Bottas is competing with Maldonado, and Williams is very clearly struggling (Maldonado didn't even run in Q2). Yes, I'm surprised with Bianchi, but I wasn't expecting Bottas to beat Maldonado right off the bat - I'd be very surprised if he did!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:40 pm
Posts: 79
Water wrote:
What's going on in here? Bottas was 3.5 tenths off Maldonado in Q1 today.....


Yes, but "little" things add up.

Australia

P1: Bottas behind .5 seconds
P2: Bottas behind .5 seconds
P3: Bottas behind .5 seconds
Q1: Bottas beats Maldonado due to Maldonado making a mistake on his lap in the wet

Malaysia

P1: Bottas behind .5 seconds
P2: Bottas behind .8 seconds
P3: Bottas behind .6 seconds
Q1: Bottas behind .3 seconds


Sure, maybe I as a finn had bigger expectations, but I've seen A LOT of people talk him up as a potential future champion type driver. Every champion I've ever seen in my life, no matter who their teammates been, has done something in their first races that really makes you take notice, just like Bianchi has done this season.

Just as a comparison:

Mika Häkkinen: Lost to his teammate(s) once during the whole season when he finished a race, his teammates didn't even make it through to the race from qualifying half the time, Häkkinen missed just once.

Michael Schumacher: Qualified 7th with a Jordan in his first race, their highest qualifying result that year, and beat his 11-year veteran teammate by .7 seconds.

Fernando Alonso: Finished f-ing 12th in a Minardi, outqualifying his teammate by 2.5 seconds!

Kimi Räikkönen: Finished 6th in his first race, after every F1 person thinking he didn't deserve to get a superlicence as he was too inexperienced.

Lewis Hamilton: Had obviously a very different situation, but got podiums in his 8 first races, beating the two time champ Alonso in his rookie season.

Sebastian Vettel: 8th in his first race, also had multiple fastest laps in friday practice as a test driver.


Only Jenson Button, who I don't really count as a World Champion in terms of driving talent anyway and lucked into an amazing car, is the only WDC in recent years who struggled early, every other driver has shown right from the start that they are "the man". Just like Bianchi this year.

Also, not trying to be a fatalist/pessimist finn, but what were his credentials to be so highly regarded. One GP3 title? I don't think he stood out as a friday driver last year to any big degree? As I said, I understand that he gets hyped up here in Finland, but I've read boatloads of stuff from international media, where he's talked about as some sort of exceptional talent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:16 pm
Posts: 13
Well... I can see Bottas exactly in the same place as Senna last year, but Senna didn't practice on Friday morning. Something to think about, I guess.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 9919
A most difficult start to the season with the rain. Pastor has so far been faster, but Valtteri has at least finished both races, and hopefully China will be dry so we'll see the true pecking order in the team.

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Bottas
Thank you Nico - You´re the champ!

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:14 pm
Posts: 2033
Location: South Yorkshire
Covalent wrote:
A most difficult start to the season with the rain. Pastor has so far been faster, but Valtteri has at least finished both races, and hopefully China will be dry so we'll see the true pecking order in the team.


Hope it is a fully dry weekend, with decent temps so they can't be called abnormal temps so the result could be changed because of the track/air temp.

_________________
Team Vettel, Ricciardo, Bottas and Button.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:40 pm
Posts: 79
Covalent wrote:
A most difficult start to the season with the rain. Pastor has so far been faster, but Valtteri has at least finished both races, and hopefully China will be dry so we'll see the true pecking order in the team.


Sad to say it, but we've already seen it. Maldonado has been consistantly faster in every dry session this year. Bottas seems to have good racecraft, but that's about it....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 9919
- We really aren't satisfied with the experiences from Australia and Malaysia. As soon as you tried to improve your laptimes by just a little, the car started to slide more and the tyres wore out faster. That leads to such a saving of tyres that you can't attack at all.

- We're not here to race for such positions. Everyone is working hard to improve grip and to make the car faster.

http://www.ts.fi/moottoriurheilu/f1/468 ... linjanveto

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Bottas
Thank you Nico - You´re the champ!

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:39 pm
Posts: 1159
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Lets hope China is a dry, normal, tempered weekend and we'll get lots of information who is faster than the other.

_________________
..

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they are open


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:54 pm
Posts: 106
Bottas really impressed me Saturday at Quali. Too bad the race wasnt wet or he may of had a chance for decent points.

I think this kid is the real deal and the FW35 is just plain awful. Thoughts?

_________________
Williams Fan
KIMI Follower
Salut Gilles
SENNA

PF1 Competition
2 Podium finishes - 2nd in Bahrain '13, 1st in Hungary '13
11th place in 2014
41st place in 2013


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:51 am
Posts: 4796
That FW35 is probably the worst Williams ever. He came just in bad time. It also equally affects Maldonado.

_________________
The end is near


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 9919
McLaren considered Bottas for Hamilton's replacement:

Quote:
But in trying to ensure Hamilton remained on board, McLaren chairman Ron Dennis had made some moves behind the scenes at this time that were not appreciated by Hamilton - and which caused him to change his decision. The driver's argument was not with Whitmarsh, but he felt unable now to remain on board and by the Tuesday after Singapore he had signed his agreement with Mercedes.



Perez future unclear
.
Suddenly Whitmarsh was in urgent need of a Plan B. There were several options available: Nico Hulkenberg was out of contract at Force India, Valtteri Bottas had only a few Friday drives with Williams under his belt but the feedback from everyone there was that the young rookie was a very special talent. There was some preliminary discussion between McLaren and then-Williams executive Toto Wolff about Bottas' availability, but it never amounted to anything more. Instead Perez, who had taken his Sauber to the podium three times that season, was signed at very short notice.

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/22058 ... ck-to-bite

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Bottas
Thank you Nico - You´re the champ!

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:28 pm
Posts: 1226
Location: The Finnish forests
Time to dig a little bit - I'm surprised people haven't been talking about Bottas!

Anyway, all things considered, Williams' tyre strategy made Q3 fail for both drivers, with Bottas having a grid penalty. Starting 15th, he rose to tenth during the first lap and overtook a few more before making a crucial mistake putting him last (the only real one in the race, but ah so important).
From sixteenth, he went to sixth, which was then increased to fifth. Having overtaken 20+ times in the race, it's not that bad.

The Williams is a great car, but the driving needed to be very good as well. It was. If only he hadn't bumped into the wall… Sadly, nothing can be done about that now, and in Malaysia we'll see a new race, hopefully being able to have Massa racing as well.

MAXIMUM ATTACK!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 9919
Water wrote:
Time to dig a little bit - I'm surprised people haven't been talking about Bottas!

Anyway, all things considered, Williams' tyre strategy made Q3 fail for both drivers, with Bottas having a grid penalty. Starting 15th, he rose to tenth during the first lap and overtook a few more before making a crucial mistake putting him last (the only real one in the race, but ah so important).
From sixteenth, he went to sixth, which was then increased to fifth. Having overtaken 20+ times in the race, it's not that bad.

The Williams is a great car, but the driving needed to be very good as well. It was. If only he hadn't bumped into the wall… Sadly, nothing can be done about that now, and in Malaysia we'll see a new race, hopefully being able to have Massa racing as well.

MAXIMUM ATTACK!

:thumbup: There's lots of praise in the Driver of the Day thread.

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Bottas
Thank you Nico - You´re the champ!

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 7:46 pm
Posts: 1057
Bottas… Wow, what a sensational drive!!! Those outside passes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Testies, Testies… 1, 2… 3!!!!!!!!!
(he has to have one extra to attempt those passes on those corners on the dirty stuff all race long)

Sadly Massa was speared by the kamikaze pilot so we didn't get to see him battle in the field, but if Bottas' pace is any indication, they will be fighting for podiums and wins all season long.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:56 am
Posts: 1215
Nice overtakings from Bottas today!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:51 am
Posts: 4796
Bottas was so nice to watch!

_________________
The end is near


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:58 pm 
Agreed, it was alot of fun. Shame he had to learn the hard way with the wall, but atleast he did learn! Think he could have challenged Rosberg for the win if he hadn't hit the wall? I doubt it but perhaps he could have gotten 2nd.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:05 pm
Posts: 2674
Location: Finland
Warheart01 wrote:
Agreed, it was alot of fun. Shame he had to learn the hard way with the wall, but atleast he did learn! Think he could have challenged Rosberg for the win if he hadn't hit the wall? I doubt it but perhaps he could have gotten 2nd.

Yeah, his pace was very close to Rosberg, so I think he could've gotten a podium.

_________________
“I'm happy, but there's nothing to jump around about.”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:52 pm 
Bottas' performance brought up some old and powerful memories. In another thread I compared his performance to another driver who displayed the very same tenacity and inspiration. He gets knocked to the back, yes, but by his own mistake. But once the pit crew manages to quickly restore the car to race-worthy condition, he sets out and puts on a truly inspiring charge.

I've seen Schumacher do it, I've seen Senna do it. And in both cases, it was drives like that which helped define how great they were.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:06 pm
Posts: 275
Certainly the most entertaining racer of the day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:56 pm
Posts: 1705
Location: Hawaii
IMHO the drive of the day. Congrats to him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 1:15 am
Posts: 27
Location: Could be anywhere in the World.
A really good gritty drive. Shame about the wall, I felt he was going to have Alonso at the next DRS zone. But what a great drive back up to P6, great for Williams Martini racing to be highlighted and watched again. Brought back an awful lot of good memories for me to. I like his style and his race craft. I wont compare him to anyone else but I'm really looking forward to watching him in the next race. Got to be in with a great chance of a podium.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:05 pm
Posts: 2674
Location: Finland
Congratulations for a deserved first podium! Will he be the next new GP winner? :thumbup: :nod:

_________________
“I'm happy, but there's nothing to jump around about.”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 am
Posts: 1248
Congratulations - always nice to see a new face on the podium, and this has been on the cards for a while.

_________________
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:30 am
Posts: 436
Great to see a new man on the podium and fantastic to see Williams getting back to form.

2015 could be an epic year if Williams can run with the big teams.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 9919
Now this is one quiet thread! Great result in GB but no love for Bottas :lol:

What do you think about his chances (or Williams in general) at Hockenheim? I think the track profile should suit them better than Silverstone, so another podium for Valtteri should be entirely possible! Williams are just three points from Ferrari, and with a third place Bottas even has a chance to get in front of Fernando in fourth in the standings, but that would require a pretty bad result from Alonso.

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Bottas
Thank you Nico - You´re the champ!

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 8767
Location: London
He was my team mate at that table footba event Martini threw before the British Grand Prix so I hope he does very well!!

He was a very nice chap too.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:59 am
Posts: 95
Has more than double Massa's points. What's not to like?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:58 pm
Posts: 3796
Hugely impressed by Bottas this year. I've always liked him, but this year he's become one of my favourites. He's now my pick to be the next new world champion, after Rosberg.

_________________
IV
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7947
AngusWolfe wrote:
Hugely impressed by Bottas this year. I've always liked him, but this year he's become one of my favourites. He's now my pick to be the next new world champion, after Rosberg.

I'd love for you to be correct but I think (provided they fall into the right cars) he may have to go head to head with a certain mr Ricciardo for that honor.

The future looks bright :]


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group