Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7287, 7288, 7289, 7290, 7291, 7292, 7293 ... 7308  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:18 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
I would astonished if we won (as mental I would go)

Really hopeful for Leinster to be honest.

It's a pity the way the fixtures panned out. If either province had Clermont in Lansdowne Road I'd fancy their chances but Clermont away and Sarries, well, anywhere I don't hold out much hope.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:19 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
danthefan wrote:
ZappaMan wrote:
Bit fearful that both Munster and Leinster will lose this weekend but hopefully at least one will make it through to the final.

I don't think Leinster will win, just being realistic, but if you'd told me it would be a European SF and a home league SF back at the start of the season I probably wouldn't have believed you. Very happy with this season so can live with it if they lose.

Ah yeah same here - especially after last season and Axel's passing.

Lots of pluses to be honest.

Biggest plus for both (after the competition success of course), is that both provinces seem to have a lot of young talent coming through. Long may it continue.

I also suspect that with two IRFU men in Kiss and Gibbes in charge, the beady eye of Nucifora will be focussed on Ulster next season.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:20 pm 

Munster's underage setup is generally excellent now.

Deysel signing is still a disgrace.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:22 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
danthefan wrote:
ZappaMan wrote:
Bit fearful that both Munster and Leinster will lose this weekend but hopefully at least one will make it through to the final.

I don't think Leinster will win, just being realistic, but if you'd told me it would be a European SF and a home league SF back at the start of the season I probably wouldn't have believed you. Very happy with this season so can live with it if they lose.

Biggest plus for both (after the competition success of course), is that both provinces seem to have a lot of young talent coming through. Long may it continue.

I also suspect that with two IRFU men in Kiss and Gibbes in charge, the beady eye of Nucifora will be focussed on Ulster next season.

Ah yeah - JOD, Conway, McGrath, Leavy all capped. Others pushing through like Sweetnam and ROL/Byrne.

Style of play for both sides so much clearer too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:23 pm 

irishrugbyua wrote:
Munster's underage setup is generally excellent now.

Deysel signing is still a disgrace.

Deysel fits the bill for this match - meeting Burger off bench. Aggression meets aggression. He's a good player for sure.

But hard to agree with the signing. Not happy at all about the bigger scale of it at all.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:24 pm 

ROG saying NIQ's should wait 7 years to play for the country they move to. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:26 pm 

hermie wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

It's a pity the way the fixtures panned out. If either province had Clermont in Lansdowne Road I'd fancy their chances but Clermont away and Sarries, well, anywhere I don't hold out much hope.

Remember Toulouse in 2010, with Shaun Berne at OH, and a bench that wouldn't have frightened the Taranaki Girls U10s, we very nearly pulled it off. I reckon if we can keep it to 9 - 6 at half time, as we did then, our bench will make all the difference.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:27 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
hermie wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

Remember Toulouse in 2010, with Shaun Berne at OH, and a bench that wouldn't have frightened the Taranaki Girls U10s, we very nearly pulled it off. I reckon if we can keep it to 9 - 6 at half time, as we did then, our bench will make all the difference.

You're bench is much better - and really set up to increase the tempo.

2010 is a poor example tbf - it was a weak year for competition. We got to the other semi for feck sake.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:28 pm 

You Munster lads can gtfo.

Playing in Ireland in front of 50k Munster fans. Should be winning against anyone. I'd be saying the same about Leinster if the match was in Dublin.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:29 pm 

danthefan wrote:

Playing in Ireland in front of 50k Munster fans. Should be winning against anyone. I'd be saying the same about Leinster if the match was in Dublin.

Ah stop - we are playing a quality team, best defensive one I've seen.

Of course it would be an upset if we beat them

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:31 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
danthefan wrote:

Get out of it :lol:

Munster have conceded fewer points in both the league and in Europe this season than Saracens you know.

Last edited by danthefan on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:32 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
hermie wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

We did in our foot nearly pull it off. We were absolutely pulverised in the scrum for most of the game and lived off scraps.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:34 pm 

danthefan wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
danthefan wrote:

Munster have conceded fewer points in both the league and in Europe this season than Saracens you know.

I repeat - ah stop - they are an excellent side. Better than us on paper.

It would be a shock if we won

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:36 pm 

Leinsterman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
hermie wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

We did in our foot nearly pull it off. We were absolutely pulverised in the scrum for most of the game and lived off scraps.

The wettest I have ever been after the French metro wankers went on strike. Yep Toulouse went after our scrum in a way that Clermont won't be able to on Sunday, but even with Berne at OH (who was hardly AIL level at that position) we were in it, living off scraps 'till half way during the second half, when the Toulouse replacements made a huge difference.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:40 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
danthefan wrote:

How are they the best defensive side you've seen when Munster have a better defence, really.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:41 pm 

Leinsterman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
hermie wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

We did. Lost by 10 and Reddan fluffed a guaranteed try by trying to reach out to the line when he would have slid over anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:43 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
danthefan wrote:

I'm inclined to agree. Home advantage will be worth something but I don't think it will be enough. Glasgow were still very much in the game against Saracens for 60 minutes but it all seemed to turn on missed touch finders from Russell. To have any chance you have to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:46 pm 

paddyor wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
danthefan wrote:

I'm inclined to agree. Home advantage will be worth something but I don't think it will be enough. Glasgow were still very much in the game against Saracens for 60 minutes but it all seemed to turn on missed touch finders from Russell. To have any chance you have to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Blyendaal wont be missing touch, he's not as flakey as that useless Russell lad.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:47 pm 

Jaiz Saracens are a super side, absolutely super. Munster are really up against it, they've a mountain to climb.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:47 pm 

Armchair_Superstar wrote:
Jaiz Saracens are a super side, absolutely super. Munster are really up against it, they've a mountain to climb.

million to one chance :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:48 pm 

Armchair_Superstar wrote:

:D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:50 pm 

danthefan wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
hermie wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

We did. Lost by 10 and Reddan fluffed a guaranteed try by trying to reach out to the line when he would have slid over anyway.

Didn't Skrela score one of the softest tries of all-time as well??

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:53 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
danthefan wrote:
ZappaMan wrote:

He's already given us all the NIQs we can have. He can't do much More other than green light injury jokers which he didn't do this year even though we got 4 games out of our marquis signing. It's not as if we need the money. Just back Gibbes and Kiss to clean house is all I would be looking for.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:56 pm 

danthefan wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
danthefan wrote:

How are they the best defensive side you've seen when Munster have a better defence, really.

Because I'm not just talking about this season - its that stupid named "wolfpack" defence.

We didn't play the same sides and I feel their style is similiar to our own and they are better at it.

Our defence is excellent - theirs is better

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:07 pm 

Jaysus lads but I f**k hate Saracens.

23 jerseys and a sideline filled with absolute plum.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:07 pm 

I think Munster have the best defence coach in the world. But Sarries are the best coached side overall in Europe period. And also the best squad, with next to no injuries...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:09 pm 

binge90 wrote:

Don't forget the fans with their Fezes and stupid wiggly fingers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:15 pm 

binge90 wrote:

When you consider McCall and Morrow are integral to their success I want to like them. But I can't. I f**k hate them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:16 pm 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
binge90 wrote:

When you consider McCall and Morrow are integral to their success I want to like them. But I can't. I f**k hate them.

The fooking Wolfpack ffs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:17 pm 

Backed Leinster at 17/10.

PP odds would indicate that they expect the winning margin to be 6-10 points so they arent giving us much of a chance.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:18 pm 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
binge90 wrote:

I dislike them more than the Welsh.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:18 pm 

binge90 wrote:

Their money man is a plum, their DoR is a plum, but their fans and volunteers are a grand bunch.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:19 pm 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
binge90 wrote:

I dislike them more than the Welsh.

Bit harsh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:20 pm 

I actually quite like Sarries. Does that make me a bad man?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:22 pm 

Teenage_hooker wrote:

Yes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:23 pm 

Teenage_hooker wrote:

Yes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:24 pm 

Absolutely

Spoiler: show
I actually have an old jersey in my collection
bought when they had hired Thomas Castagnède

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:25 pm 

Teenage_hooker wrote:

zappa multi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:25 pm 

Teenage_hooker wrote:

Up there with Paedophiles.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:46 pm 

No club you'd want to see fail more than Sarries y'know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7287, 7288, 7289, 7290, 7291, 7292, 7293 ... 7308  Next