Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292884 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7286, 7287, 7288, 7289, 7290, 7291, 7292 ... 7323  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:04 pm 

TheBouncer wrote:
Thank god deysel is here to play second row as the lads kept telling us.

A young buck might lose out otherwise.

Well doc 2 covering the row and by all accounts the plan is he'll be playing there next year which is all the same tbh.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:05 pm 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
sadly I think both irish sides lose this weekend.

You are normally a good judge (well other than when it came to criticising Girve the great) but I think you will be proven wrong this week.

It was obvious that Munster would be a Toulouse side in massive decline but everyone thought that WASPS would do a number on Leinster. Watching back that game, the only surprise is that Leinster didn't win by 40 points.

Glasgow were within a score of Saracens for about 60 minutes having lost a number of players and playing away from home. Munster are better than Glasgow. There will be a kick of a ball in this and I expect Munster to win by about 3.

Leinster have a more difficult task away from home but I think that it will be really tight. The big negative for me is Nigel and on that basis I'll give CA the nod.

I genuinely don't think I could mentally handle the pressure if that were to occur.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:07 pm 

feckwanker wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:

You are normally a good judge (well other than when it came to criticising Girve the great) but I think you will be proven wrong this week.

It was obvious that Munster would be a Toulouse side in massive decline but everyone thought that WASPS would do a number on Leinster. Watching back that game, the only surprise is that Leinster didn't win by 40 points.

Glasgow were within a score of Saracens for about 60 minutes having lost a number of players and playing away from home. Munster are better than Glasgow. There will be a kick of a ball in this and I expect Munster to win by about 3.

Leinster have a more difficult task away from home but I think that it will be really tight. The big negative for me is Nigel and on that basis I'll give CA the nod.

I genuinely don't think I could mentally handle the pressure if that were to occur.

Fecker is Simon Zebo and I claim 5 copies of NWAs greatest hits.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:08 pm 

feckwanker wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:

"Munster in been mentally weak" shocker. Grow a pair.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:09 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
And people say I've lost it.

That loving feeling?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:09 pm 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:

Earlesque level revisionism there.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:13 pm 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:

Hope i'm wrong but that's how I see it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:19 pm 

rialtoblue wrote:
ruckinhell wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Deysel over JOD. Injury or attitude problems?

Probably more just the sheer size of Sarries pack - and Deysel being a brute.

Hate to see that though - very disappointing.

True, though he does bring huge physicality and I've a feeling we won't be seeing 80 from CJ. JOD has hit a wall in his development this year, a real shame.

That said, for all the moaning about NIQs in the Munster squad we've more academy grads (15) in our 23 than Leinster have in theirs. 20 IQ or project players in a European Cup semi is not bad going all in all.

Is it not 15 each?

Right you are, 15 each. Apologies but point still stands!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:33 pm 

Uncle Fester wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:

Earlesque level revisionism there.

It was widely called as the away win QF.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:34 pm 

All the deysel sutuation highlights is the hypocrisy of nucifora. Makes him look a bit of a dick but won't stop me shouting for Deysel to rip itojes head off

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:36 pm 

ruckinhell wrote:

What point? You're using 7 NIQs this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:44 pm 

paddyor wrote:
ruckinhell wrote:

Maths clearly isn't your strong point :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:46 pm 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
All the deysel sutuation highlights is the hypocrisy of nucifora. Makes him look a bit of a dick but won't stop me shouting for Deysel to rip itojes head off

I think the IRFU and Nucifora are right.

Essentially Munster is the Greece of the IRFU. An economic basket case run by incompetent culchie fools who cannot run their own affairs.

As the last few seasons have shown, Munster "supporters" will abandon their team in droves in there is even a hint of a barren spell. So they need to bring in journyman talent to support their pathetic academy structure or the wheels stop turning.

I mean this is a province who haven't brought through a decent 10 since 1998 :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:46 pm 

5-3 with no scrum half does not make an iota of sense.

Adam Byrne is fit btw.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:48 pm 

sewa wrote:
paddyor wrote:
ruckinhell wrote:

The retired Chisholm and Griesel for the As moron .

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:53 pm 

paddyor wrote:
ruckinhell wrote:

Taute
Saili
Deysel are niq

Marshall n Tyler are projects (whatever the rights or wrongs of that) and Tyler certainly will pick up caps

Jod perhaps can feel left out but the other argument is he's playing poorly and needs to up his game to play at this level. It's one thing to let players get game time but there has to be a manic need to play outta your skin to be ahead of the other cuunt. It's that depth and internal pressure for places that drives a squad. If Leinster win Sunday without sob and heaslip its certainly good for the squad and the development of Irish players. There is no internal pressure for places for example at Ulster and you'd wonder do they need a real killer blow like Munster v wasps in 04 for Munster or leinsters black Sunday in06 to drive that. For all the talk of this coach or that coach if it doesn't come from the players it's a waste of time.

I think any rational Munster supporter would say that number of niq should be dropped to 3 or 4 and hopefully with the likes of Coombes Nash Wycherley etc coming en route we can build a deeper squad. However we don't have a massive RUGBY playing population ala Leinster or a schools set up and you can't ship players around as suggested with leavy etc. Irish rugby production lines are in a good place

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:54 pm 

paddyor wrote:
sewa wrote:
paddyor wrote:
ruckinhell wrote:

The retired Chisholm and Griesel for the As moron .

Given that its over two teams: 7/2 = 3.5 and given that for leinster you guys have 4 for 1 team. Leinster have statistically more NIQs per team that Munster, this week end.

FOR SHAME LEINSTER, FOR SHAME.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:06 pm 

TheBouncer wrote:
5-3 with no scrum half does not make an iota of sense.

Adam Byrne is fit btw.

Did Poolman's try at the weekend count against him?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:17 pm 

Bit fearful that both Munster and Leinster will lose this weekend but hopefully at least one will make it through to the final.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:21 pm 

ZappaMan wrote:
Bit fearful that both Munster and Leinster will lose this weekend but hopefully at least one will make it through to the final.

Hope so too as I'm all booked up for the final.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:21 pm 

ZappaMan wrote:

I'm hoping both will as I've already bought tickets for both finals with a load of uni mates.

As most of them are English it will be great if there is two Irish sides in the final.

Also, hope Gloucester get through to the Bic Biro final as some of the guys I'm going with know a couple of the players so could be one hell of a night out if they do.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:26 pm 

Fair play, lads :thumbup:

Should be a great occasion regardless of who makes it through.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:27 pm 

A ticket for both finals was £45 in September when I bought it, bargain.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:35 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:

Essentially Munster is the Greece of the IRFU. An economic basket case run by incompetent culchie fools who cannot run their own affairs.

As the last few seasons have shown, Munster "supporters" will abandon their team in droves in there is even a hint of a barren spell. So they need to bring in journyman talent to support their pathetic academy structure or the wheels stop turning.

I mean this is a province who haven't brought through a decent 10 since 1998 :lol:

*sheds a single tear for Johnny Holland*

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:38 pm 

Scannell still not 100%.

Fitness test in AM.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:39 pm 

MorseCode wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:

*sheds a single tear for Johnny Holland*

I thought about mentioning him initially but he was never really around long enough to become established. Shame really, he was looking like he would come good.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:41 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
Scannell still not 100%.

Fitness test in AM.

I think we will see some last minute changes. Its very suspicious that Gussie is in neither team. I suspect both he and Murray have travelled and one or other is likely to join the bench late

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:43 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:

When was your last decent 9? Did anyone still living actually see them play?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:45 pm 

ZappaMan wrote:

I don't think Leinster will win, just being realistic, but if you'd told me it would be a European SF and a home league SF back at the start of the season I probably wouldn't have believed you. Very happy with this season so can live with it if they lose.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:46 pm 

sewa wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
Scannell still not 100%.

Fitness test in AM.

I think we will see some last minute changes. Its very suspicious that Gussie is in neither team. I suspect both he and Murray have travelled and one or other is likely to join the bench late

If it's Murray you start him 100% no point putting him on bench. That's my suspicion aswel.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:46 pm 

yeah not sure how fans from either province can be confident of a win.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:48 pm 

sewa wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:

Not sure if serious - capped against England in this years 6N ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:49 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
sewa wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:

look who you are talking to, of course he is serious.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:51 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
sewa wrote:

That lads a donkey. I said decent. Who was the last guy before McGrath and how many caps did they get?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:55 pm 

sewa wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
sewa wrote:

That lads a donkey. I said decent. Who was the last guy before McGrath and how many caps did they get?

I guess some provinces are just more prone to producing mouthy little pricks. Same reason there hasn't been a good Leinster hooker for a long time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:00 pm 

danthefan wrote:
ZappaMan wrote:

I don't think Leinster will win, just being realistic, but if you'd told me it would be a European SF and a home league SF back at the start of the season I probably wouldn't have believed you. Very happy with this season so can live with it if they lose.

+1

Regardless of the result, it's been a huge turnaround season for Munster.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:01 pm 

irishrugbyua wrote:
yeah not sure how fans from either province can be confident of a win.

Cause we have Girve, Leo, Sex bomb and the Messiah.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:05 pm 

I think it's been a good season for both Munster and Leinster, both have progressed a good deal this year and fantastic to show the haters that talk of our long term demise was premature. Hope the Pro12 trophy will stay in Ireland for another season, and that there's an Irish team in the final.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:06 pm 

I would astonished if we won (as mental I would go)

Really hopeful for Leinster to be honest.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:07 pm 

danthefan wrote:
ZappaMan wrote:

Ah yeah same here - especially after last season and Axel's passing.

Lots of pluses to be honest.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292884 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7286, 7287, 7288, 7289, 7290, 7291, 7292 ... 7323  Next