Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2898 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19374
The first episode of archer season 8 was dreadful.
It's like they forgot it's a comedy show.

Conversely, episode 1 of Rick and Morty season 3 was excellent, glad they undercut how straight they ended last season. They were really lazy about getting this season out though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9550
Apparently Star Trek discovery doesn't have a date and my app lied. Summer/Autumn maybe.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 977
anybody watching Santa Clarita Diet?
big fan of Olyphant, but not sure about the pitch, any good?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15860
panamax wrote:
anybody watching Santa Clarita Diet?
big fan of Olyphant, but not sure about the pitch, any good?


Watched a couple of episodes. It's terrible, hammy shit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2840
RuggaBugga wrote:
panamax wrote:
anybody watching Santa Clarita Diet?
big fan of Olyphant, but not sure about the pitch, any good?


Watched a couple of episodes. It's terrible, hammy shit.


Haven't seen it but everything about it looks awful.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Posts: 3130
Watched the first episode of both Narcos and the new Prison Break last night

Narcos seems very good, probably one to binge through. Prison Break will be okay, probably worth sticking with just cause it's Prison Break, all the original cast are back, will be interesting to see how they deal with Michael's death, the writing very much seems to want to remind everyone that he is indeed 'dead'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9156
booze wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:
panamax wrote:
anybody watching Santa Clarita Diet?
big fan of Olyphant, but not sure about the pitch, any good?


Watched a couple of episodes. It's terrible, hammy shit.


Haven't seen it but everything about it looks awful.

It's got Drew Barrymore in it. Instant give away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2840
The Native wrote:
booze wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:
panamax wrote:
anybody watching Santa Clarita Diet?
big fan of Olyphant, but not sure about the pitch, any good?


Watched a couple of episodes. It's terrible, hammy shit.


Haven't seen it but everything about it looks awful.

It's got Drew Barrymore in it. Instant give away.

Ha! I was going to write that!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8889
She was actualy funnier than Olyphant and Im a fan of him and not of her
But yeah its a non-event really
Are there any good comedies out right now?

Veep and Silicon Valley starting up again this month
Can't wait


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7520
Location: Mostly London........Mostly
Better Call Saul was back on last night on Netflix

A slow burner of an episode but enjoyable nonetheless. The only gripe I guess is the age thing whereby Jimmy and Mike look older then their Breaking Bad characters which are supposed to be 10-15 years in the future.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Posts: 3130
Cartman wrote:
She was actualy funnier than Olyphant and Im a fan of him and not of her
But yeah its a non-event really
Are there any good comedies out right now?

Veep and Silicon Valley starting up again this month
Can't wait


When's silicon valley start up?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6220
panamax wrote:
anybody watching Santa Clarita Diet?
big fan of Olyphant, but not sure about the pitch, any good?


Yeah we watched it right through.....not groundbreaking in any way shape or form - but entertaining.

Drew has a massive chin but is pretty funny in it. Olyphant holds his own and does manic very well.

The relationship between the daughter and the boy next door is really good though.

It's not going to win awards but it does have its moments.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8889
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Cartman wrote:
She was actualy funnier than Olyphant and Im a fan of him and not of her
But yeah its a non-event really
Are there any good comedies out right now?

Veep and Silicon Valley starting up again this month
Can't wait


When's silicon valley start up?


23rd April


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9156
Cartman wrote:
She was actualy funnier than Olyphant and Im a fan of him and not of her
But yeah its a non-event really
Are there any good comedies out right now?

Veep and Silicon Valley starting up again this month
Can't wait

I dont necessarily think she's a poor actress. I just think she's in generally poor films and television shows.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14302
danny_fitz wrote:
Better Call Saul was back on last night on Netflix

A slow burner of an episode but enjoyable nonetheless. The only gripe I guess is the age thing whereby Jimmy and Mike look older then their Breaking Bad characters which are supposed to be 10-15 years in the future.


Yes, poor old Mike looks half dead :lol: apt for the character trajectory I guess.

The pace of that first episode was very pointed. Obviously a stylistic choice, but Gilligan and co trying to stretch these prequel seasons for all they're worth?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4488
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces
booze wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:
panamax wrote:
anybody watching Santa Clarita Diet?
big fan of Olyphant, but not sure about the pitch, any good?


Watched a couple of episodes. It's terrible, hammy shit.


Haven't seen it but everything about it looks awful.

Managed 15 mins of first episode...worst tv I've seen in a while, felt embarassed for Olyphant...stopped watching Deadwood for a couple of weeks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:47 pm
Posts: 3537
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Watched the first episode of both Narcos and the new Prison Break last night

Narcos seems very good, probably one to binge through. Prison Break will be okay, probably worth sticking with just cause it's Prison Break, all the original cast are back, will be interesting to see how they deal with Michael's death, the writing very much seems to want to remind everyone that he is indeed 'dead'

Really enjoyed 'Narcos', series 1 is good but 2 is better, builds really nicely.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 2245
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
booze wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:
panamax wrote:
anybody watching Santa Clarita Diet?
big fan of Olyphant, but not sure about the pitch, any good?


Watched a couple of episodes. It's terrible, hammy shit.


Haven't seen it but everything about it looks awful.

Managed 15 mins of first episode...worst tv I've seen in a while, felt embarassed for Olyphant...stopped watching Deadwood for a couple of weeks


got a season 2 lined up, i liked it, especially the Neighbor kid, reminded of me at his age... he stole every scene he was in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6220
comets wrote:
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
booze wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:
panamax wrote:
anybody watching Santa Clarita Diet?
big fan of Olyphant, but not sure about the pitch, any good?


Watched a couple of episodes. It's terrible, hammy shit.


Haven't seen it but everything about it looks awful.

Managed 15 mins of first episode...worst tv I've seen in a while, felt embarassed for Olyphant...stopped watching Deadwood for a couple of weeks


got a season 2 lined up, i liked it, especially the Neighbor kid, reminded of me at his age... he stole every scene he was in.


I'll be watching the second season.....but then I got sucked in to watching Suits and ended up loving it....so my track record isn't great.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Posts: 3130
Red Chopper wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Watched the first episode of both Narcos and the new Prison Break last night

Narcos seems very good, probably one to binge through. Prison Break will be okay, probably worth sticking with just cause it's Prison Break, all the original cast are back, will be interesting to see how they deal with Michael's death, the writing very much seems to want to remind everyone that he is indeed 'dead'

Really enjoyed 'Narcos', series 1 is good but 2 is better, builds really nicely.


Sounds good, like how they got straight into the action, most Netflix shows are quite slow paced but this one seems to be fairly lively the whole way through


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 37807
Location: Joint No. 3 to Cyprus
Narcos is really good but has very odd pacing - the season 2 opening episode felt more like a season finale than the last episode of season 1 did. But Boyd Holbrook, Pedro Pascal, and most of all Wagner Moura are all superb


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7520
Location: Mostly London........Mostly
naki wrote:
danny_fitz wrote:
Better Call Saul was back on last night on Netflix

A slow burner of an episode but enjoyable nonetheless. The only gripe I guess is the age thing whereby Jimmy and Mike look older then their Breaking Bad characters which are supposed to be 10-15 years in the future.


Yes, poor old Mike looks half dead :lol: apt for the character trajectory I guess.

The pace of that first episode was very pointed. Obviously a stylistic choice, but Gilligan and co trying to stretch these prequel seasons for all they're worth?


Just waiting for the episode where Jimmy makes the full transition to the dark side rather then the cheeky corner cutting slightly amoral character he is now.

I wonder when Gus makes a proper appearance and retains the services of Mike.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7520
Location: Mostly London........Mostly
Chuckles1188 wrote:
Narcos is really good but has very odd pacing - the season 2 opening episode felt more like a season finale than the last episode of season 1 did. But Boyd Holbrook, Pedro Pascal, and most of all Wagner Moura are all superb


Its a great series, was wondering how they were going to continue after Pablo but they have made a fairly seamless transition to taking down the Cali Cartel.

Took me a while before realising that Peña was the Red Viper from GoT.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 37807
Location: Joint No. 3 to Cyprus
I haven't actually finished Season 2 yet but it's not like you watch a show like this one to be surprised by the twists and turns of the plot.

It will be interesting to see how they fare without Moura, who is absolutely sensational


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7520
Location: Mostly London........Mostly
Chuckles1188 wrote:
I haven't actually finished Season 2 yet but it's not like you watch a show like this one to be surprised by the twists and turns of the plot.

It will be interesting to see how they fare without Moura, who is absolutely sensational


Apparently he learned Spanish to play the part of Escobar.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 37807
Location: Joint No. 3 to Cyprus
danny_fitz wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:
I haven't actually finished Season 2 yet but it's not like you watch a show like this one to be surprised by the twists and turns of the plot.

It will be interesting to see how they fare without Moura, who is absolutely sensational


Apparently he learned Spanish to play the part of Escobar.


Didn't realise he wasn't a native speaker, but as it turns out he is Brazilian (which does make sense given the ostentatiously German name).

Also, my arse is this guy fucking 40:
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Posts: 3130
Chuckles1188 wrote:
Narcos is really good but has very odd pacing - the season 2 opening episode felt more like a season finale than the last episode of season 1 did. But Boyd Holbrook, Pedro Pascal, and most of all Wagner Moura are all superb


Moura is great. The scene when he was first bribing those on patrol to let him over the border was superb, they did a really good job of capturing how intimidating he was


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 37807
Location: Joint No. 3 to Cyprus
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:
Narcos is really good but has very odd pacing - the season 2 opening episode felt more like a season finale than the last episode of season 1 did. But Boyd Holbrook, Pedro Pascal, and most of all Wagner Moura are all superb


Moura is great. The scene when he was first bribing those on patrol to let him over the border was superb, they did a really good job of capturing how intimidating he was


Yup. Fantastic introduction to the character, and really managed to convey both his charisma and how utterly, utterly terrifying he could be. Moura goes into my list of actors who need to be more widely recognised, along with Enver Gjokaj.

Just seen Episode 5 of Season 2, and the guy playing Carrillo is brilliant as well. 100% BAMF


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4488
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces
[/quote]

I'll be watching the second season.....but then I got sucked in to watching Suits and ended up loving it....so my track record isn't great.[/quote]

nah, Suits is great for what it is


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9550
Did anyone continue to watch Macgyver after first ep? It's been rebewed :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:23 pm
Posts: 509
Just binge watched "Nick's Law."

German cop show...4 episodes each episode 90 minutes.
Plenty of action and well worth hunting down for a look.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2739
Boobs not Moobs wrote:
Did anyone continue to watch Macgyver after first ep? It's been rebewed :?

Managed 3 eps as it was family viewing.
We gave up when the 10 yo decided it was as rubbish as the rest of us felt it was.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:23 pm
Posts: 509
Cartman wrote:
She was actualy funnier than Olyphant and Im a fan of him and not of her
But yeah its a non-event really
Are there any good comedies out right now?

Veep and Silicon Valley starting up again this month
Can't wait


Check out Brockmire...not unfunny.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9450
Location: Born from an Egg on a Mountain Top
Poshprop wrote:
Akkerman wrote:
binged on fleabag (6 short episodes), what an awesome show, best tv i've seen all year, funny and heartbreaking in a neat little package

also second season of catastrophe was excellent

loving british tv atm, better than u.s.


Fleabag was excellent and as you say very funny moving towards very poignant and moving at the end.



Ive seen 4 episodes so far, enjoyable never seen a show quite like it and was tipped off about it on Uncle Rup's news.com.au site ehte other day as being the best Amazon Prime series.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 380
if you like sci fi the expanse is very good.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23934
Location: The garden county
Finally finished daredevil. Season 2 is brilliant. Thought the first season dragged a bit at times, but it clearly lays the groundwork for a lot of what happens in season 2. The characters are great and some of the violence is very gruesome, but somewhat believable. The fight in the prison corridor is just brutal.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24175
Nolanator wrote:
Finally finished daredevil. Season 2 is brilliant. Thought the first season dragged a bit at times, but it clearly lays the groundwork for a lot of what happens in season 2. The characters are great and some of the violence is very gruesome, but somewhat believable. The fight in the prison corridor is just brutal.


I'm looking forward to the Defenders. I'm just in the process of watching Iron Fist to complete out the set-up series'. So far, I reckon, in order they go: Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8889
Yeah Big little lies is awesome
Funny how some actresses are unbearable in movies but put them in a TV series and you suddenly get what producers/directors see in them. Actually makes sense I guess


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19374
Chuckles1188 wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:
Narcos is really good but has very odd pacing - the season 2 opening episode felt more like a season finale than the last episode of season 1 did. But Boyd Holbrook, Pedro Pascal, and most of all Wagner Moura are all superb


Moura is great. The scene when he was first bribing those on patrol to let him over the border was superb, they did a really good job of capturing how intimidating he was


Yup. Fantastic introduction to the character, and really managed to convey both his charisma and how utterly, utterly terrifying he could be. Moura goes into my list of actors who need to be more widely recognised, along with Enver Gjokaj.

Just seen Episode 5 of Season 2, and the guy playing Carrillo is brilliant as well. 100% BAMF

Yup. Excellent show. Great writing that they can get your rooting for a horrible sob like Carrillo. :lol:
Disappointed they're making a season 3, seems cash grab. For me it ended with Season 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3642
Location: Straya cunt
Jeff the Bear wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Finally finished daredevil. Season 2 is brilliant. Thought the first season dragged a bit at times, but it clearly lays the groundwork for a lot of what happens in season 2. The characters are great and some of the violence is very gruesome, but somewhat believable. The fight in the prison corridor is just brutal.


I'm looking forward to the Defenders. I'm just in the process of watching Iron Fist to complete out the set-up series'. So far, I reckon, in order they go: Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist.



I've found all of Netflix Marvel Shows tend to start off pretty good, but they don't sustain the quality throughout the entire season...

Except for Iron Fist which was just a pile of shit.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2898 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AD345, Bert, Bindi, Bing [Bot], Boomslang, decado, Donger, DragonKhan, earl the beaver, Fangle, Farva, figgypud, Google Adsense [Bot], happyhooker, Jumper, koroke hangareka, malky, Mr Fedora, mr flaps, Mr. Very Popular, openclashXX, Plastic Sarrie, SEAsianExpat, sonic_attack, Ted., Thomas, topofthemoon, WelshmanJim, Wendigo7, Zakar, Zico and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group