Chat Forum
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 4:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:23 am 

Slim 293 wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Finally finished daredevil. Season 2 is brilliant. Thought the first season dragged a bit at times, but it clearly lays the groundwork for a lot of what happens in season 2. The characters are great and some of the violence is very gruesome, but somewhat believable. The fight in the prison corridor is just brutal.

I'm looking forward to the Defenders. I'm just in the process of watching Iron Fist to complete out the set-up series'. So far, I reckon, in order they go: Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist.

I've found all of Netflix Marvel Shows tend to start off pretty good, but they don't sustain the quality throughout the entire season...

Except for Iron Fist which was just a pile of shit.

yeah I think its duet to too many episodes, if its going to be a one hour show, reduce to 10 episodes MAX because 5 of the 13 episodes they make are just burners :/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:45 am 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Finally finished daredevil. Season 2 is brilliant. Thought the first season dragged a bit at times, but it clearly lays the groundwork for a lot of what happens in season 2. The characters are great and some of the violence is very gruesome, but somewhat believable. The fight in the prison corridor is just brutal.

I'm looking forward to the Defenders. I'm just in the process of watching Iron Fist to complete out the set-up series'. So far, I reckon, in order they go: Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist.

I watched Iron Fist there a few weeks ago, then finished Jessica Jones, then DD season 2. Watched them completely out of order.

IF is definitely the weakest, but i still enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:09 am 

I'm going to revisit my appraisal of 'Love' and give it a solid 7/10. Pretty funny, and Paul Rust is quite funny and charming.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:59 am 

ukjim wrote:
if you like sci fi the expanse is very good.

Just watched the first 6 episodes over easter weekend. It's f**k awesome.

Great premise, Intricate plot, awesome effects. Great sci-fi :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:00 am 

RuggaBugga wrote:
ukjim wrote:

Awesome effects? They made it for about 10 quid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:04 am 

Duff Paddy wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:
ukjim wrote:

Awesome effects? They made it for about 10 quid

Yes, awesome effects. The zero gravity stuff is ace.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:20 am 

Early reviews of American Gods are very good:

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/american-gods

Book has decent, but wasn't a legendary as I'd been led to believe. Will be definitely acquiring the TV show though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:35 am 

Does anyone know where one can get S03E08 of Broadchurch? A friend of mine asked and I am hoping to show him/her that I know my way around the internet...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:55 am 

Clogs wrote:
Does anyone know where one can get S03E08 of Broadchurch? A friend of mine asked and I am hoping to show him/her that I know my way around the internet...

My friend has just started watching on gomovies.to

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:19 am 

Just started watching Into The Badlands. I saw people say recently that it's a show which does martial arts really well, so thought i'd give it a chance. They weren't lying, the fighting sequences in this show are the best around! The show itself is good fun, with plenty of good actors and interesting characters. It looks great, very colourful style. Season 2 is midway through at the moment, definitely something people show check out

Spoiler: show

Started watching Mystery Science Theater 3000 on Netflix. Pretty funny, never watched the original show. Might end up going back and watching them all now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:43 am 

Binge watched "The Team" over Easter. German, Belgium, Danish production... Cop procedural. Not bad bad a bit of a mish-mash in places.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:26 pm 

Denirostaxidriver wrote:
Clogs wrote:

My friend reckons your friend is fvcking ace!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:35 pm 

Clogs wrote:
Denirostaxidriver wrote:
Clogs wrote:

My friend reckons your friend is fvcking ace!!!!

I have only started the series this morning. I suspect I will get thru it by the end of the night.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:20 pm 

Dubh01 wrote:
Binge watched "The Team" over Easter. German, Belgium, Danish production... Cop procedural. Not bad bad a bit of a mish-mash in places.

Promising but then at least once every episode as you were about to tuck into your full fry some waiter would run in and lash a ladle-full of cold beans or watery mushrooms on top of it all and you'd lose your appetite. ..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:54 pm 

Nearly slipped under my radar that we have season 3 of Spin aka Les hommes de l'ombre started on More 4. It's not the best non-English language series we have here but it's still very watchable political intrigue.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:59 pm 

Anyone watched Red Oaks?

I'd recommend it if you like a bit of nostalgia of 80's coming of age stuff.

Finished season 2 and hoping that season 3 is on the way.

Has a great turn by Paul Reiser and a brilliant bit of comedy from Ennis Esmer.

Well worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:59 pm 

redderneck wrote:
Dubh01 wrote:

Promising but then at least once every episode as you were about to tuck into your full fry some waiter would run in and lash a ladle-full of cold beans or watery mushrooms on top of it all and you'd lose your appetite. ..

Yeah mine arrived with beans today, but I had a beer with it so did not care.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:13 pm 

Anyone watching 13 reasons why?
Watched first two episodes and am struggling to get all the razzmatazz about this serie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:40 pm 

tanu wrote:
Anyone watching 13 reasons why?
Watched first two episodes and am struggling to get all the razzmatazz about this serie

My wife and teenage daughter are all over this series. I usually take this as a 'sign'.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:55 pm 

Watched Big Little Lies over Easter
Thought it was good and in places very funny

Plus for her age Nicole Kidmans dooters are magnificent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:40 pm 

Bindi wrote:
Early reviews of American Gods are very good:

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/american-gods

Book has decent, but wasn't a legendary as I'd been led to believe. Will be definitely acquiring the TV show though.

Will have to watch that. I hope Amazon and the BBC don't screw up Good Omens.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:01 pm 

First of 2 new Maigret episodes out...Rowan Atkinson doing a pretty good job of it,

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:11 pm 

The Americans is an incredible show. Maybe the best thing on TV now

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:50 pm 

Fargo 301 is out :nod:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:51 pm 

acenas of the day wrote:
The Americans is an incredible show. Maybe the best thing on TV now

Recommend it do you?
I've 4 seasons here plus gathering the 5th. season. Ready to binge when season 5 is complete.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:51 am 

Another X Files season ordered: a little longer this time, at 10 episode, so perhaps it will feel less rushed. Chris Carter needs not to write any episodes, though, he is by far the weakest writer.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:16 am 

Jeff the Bear wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Defenders should be very good, i'm still to watch Iron Fist and Luke Cage before that though. The Punisher series as well I hope is good, he certainly is the most interesting character from the shows i've seen so far

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:36 am 

Really liked the first two episodes of Better Call Saul. Although irked a little as all the crossover characters are noticably older :lol:

Jonathan Banks is 70 at this stage.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:29 am 

Bullettyme wrote:
I'm going to revisit my appraisal of 'Love' and give it a solid 7/10. Pretty funny, and Paul Rust is quite funny and charming.

Great call. One of the most under-rated on Netflix for me. Not absolutely brilliant TV but still really entertaining

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:11 am 

I've watched everything good, and now have developed quite high expectations.

TV needs a lot more like;

True Detective Season 1 - This is far and away the benchmark. All tele gets stacked against this and graded accordingly. This would be very very close to 10/10 if it wasn't for a couple of odd bits. Really it's probably about as close to compulsory viewing as you can get.

Game of Thrones would probably slot in around about the high end of the scale too. There's probably a case for a 9/10. It's ffffffffffffffukcing entertaining.

Quarry - Again, a damn good effort albeit you have to really concentrate. A solid 8/10 though, or roughly around about.

Taboo - Not bad, has a bit of everything going on. Good characters, good dialogue. A nicely done period showcase. It's a healthy 7/10 or higher.

Big Little Lies - 6/10. This is about as low as you can go. I really enjoyed this series, actually I think it was terrific, but it lacked the grit of the above titles. I liked the brutal honesty of it and the characters could almost be genuine regular wealthy people.

We need to have some sort of grading system whereby if something like five of us agree it's 6-PLUMS or higher then it's graded as such, so that we never have to waste our time with sub-standard unwatchable dross.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:20 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
Really liked the first two episodes of Better Call Saul. Although irked a little as all the crossover characters are noticably older :lol:

I bet he simply refused to sit in make-up everyday

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:15 pm 

Cartman wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

Loved the second episode but yeah there's no getting around how much older they look for a prequel! You've probably been asked a million times but who is your avatar Cartman. Is it yer one from Breaking Bad?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:07 pm 

hermie wrote:
Cartman wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

Loved the second episode but yeah there's no getting around how much older they look for a prequel! You've probably been asked a million times but who is your avatar Cartman. Is it yer one from Breaking Bad?

No, its Felicity Jones

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:10 pm 

sonic_attack wrote:
I've watched everything good, and now have developed quite high expectations.

TV needs a lot more like;

True Detective Season 1 - This is far and away the benchmark. All tele gets stacked against this and graded accordingly. This would be very very close to 10/10 if it wasn't for a couple of odd bits. Really it's probably about as close to compulsory viewing as you can get.

Game of Thrones would probably slot in around about the high end of the scale too. There's probably a case for a 9/10. It's ffffffffffffffukcing entertaining.

Quarry - Again, a damn good effort albeit you have to really concentrate. A solid 8/10 though, or roughly around about.

Taboo - Not bad, has a bit of everything going on. Good characters, good dialogue. A nicely done period showcase. It's a healthy 7/10 or higher.

Big Little Lies - 6/10. This is about as low as you can go. I really enjoyed this series, actually I think it was terrific, but it lacked the grit of the above titles. I liked the brutal honesty of it and the characters could almost be genuine regular wealthy people.

We need to have some sort of grading system whereby if something like five of us agree it's 6-PLUMS or higher then it's graded as such, so that we never have to waste our time with sub-standard unwatchable dross.

The Wire. 12/10.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:22 pm 

Cartman wrote:
hermie wrote:
Cartman wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

No, its Felicity Jones

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:54 pm 

Binge watched Broadchurch season 3 this week, I'm not a fan of ITV productions really but this was superb and even though season 2 wasn't so good the whole series has been excellent.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:18 pm 

tabascoboy wrote:
Binge watched Broadchurch season 3 this week, I'm not a fan of ITV productions really but this was superb and even though season 2 wasn't so good the whole series has been excellent.

Great tv, 2 leads are fantastic.

Tore through Line of Duty recently, also amazing tv.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:56 pm 

TheBouncer wrote:
tabascoboy wrote:

Great tv, 2 leads are fantastic.

Tore through Line of Duty recently, also amazing tv.

latest LOD is excellent again....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:53 pm 

Bosch season 3 episodes 1and 2 out now, not bad.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:08 pm 

1 month until the new Twin Peaks :thumbup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 77  Next