Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1386, 1387, 1388, 1389, 1390  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17245
fair enough, if he's going to be a stepper then IMO he's better off moving to 13 (though his defence would be even more exposed there)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:49 am
Posts: 15531
openclashXX wrote:
fair enough, if he's going to be a stepper then IMO he's better off moving to 13 (though his defence would be even more exposed there)


Think 13 then doesn't take enough advantage of his distribution :D. It'll be interesting to see how he develops.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39528
Christ, I think I'm losing my mind. I was just finishing up some work and about to head off to go watch the Quins match at the Stoop.

Which is next week.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:39 pm
Posts: 1898
Location: London
:lol:
There's a gaping hole in my life when there are no Friday night games


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:49 am
Posts: 15531
It's a bit odd indeed. Don't know what exactly to watch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39528
I could watch some Super Rugby.








More work it is, then :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:39 pm
Posts: 1898
Location: London
JM2K6 wrote:
I could watch some Super Rugby.








More work it is, then :(

:nod:
I have the Canes vs Brumbies match on in the background... it's just not the same though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:22 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 37708
Location: No. 2 to Cyprus
I hate July. It's too hot, and there's no rugby on. Worst month of the year


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17245
I've really given up on Super Rugby these days too, the quality is just too poor across the board. it's a good thing SANZAAR locked in that bumper deal with Sky Sports pre-expansion because if it were negotiated now I doubt it would fetch much at all

I said it on another thread but I do reckon the rumours are true and BT will buy the rights to the NRL this year, and stick it on in the mornings to compete with Sky's Super Rugby coverage. great for the sports fan (myself included, would love to see more NRL) but worst possible thing for Sky if the decline in SR quality doesn't stop


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:39 pm
Posts: 1898
Location: London
openclashXX wrote:
I've really given up on Super Rugby these days too, the quality is just too poor across the board. it's a good thing SANZAAR locked in that bumper deal with Sky Sports pre-expansion because if it were negotiated now I doubt it would fetch much at all

I said it on another thread but I do reckon the rumours are true and BT will buy the rights to the NRL this year, and stick it on in the mornings to compete with Sky's Super Rugby coverage. great for the sports fan (myself included, would love to see more NRL) but worst possible thing for Sky if the decline in SR quality doesn't stop

The product which even a couple of years ago was decent, is now very poor- I only really tune in for the NZ derbies. I do wonder if they will just have some Aus/NZ tournament only and the SA teams latch onto a European league.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17245
plum-pudding wrote:
openclashXX wrote:
I've really given up on Super Rugby these days too, the quality is just too poor across the board. it's a good thing SANZAAR locked in that bumper deal with Sky Sports pre-expansion because if it were negotiated now I doubt it would fetch much at all

I said it on another thread but I do reckon the rumours are true and BT will buy the rights to the NRL this year, and stick it on in the mornings to compete with Sky's Super Rugby coverage. great for the sports fan (myself included, would love to see more NRL) but worst possible thing for Sky if the decline in SR quality doesn't stop

The product which even a couple of years ago was decent, is now very poor- I only really tune in for the NZ derbies. I do wonder if they will just have some Aus/NZ tournament only and the SA teams latch onto a European league.


yeah I can't bear to sit through 80 minutes of the Force and the Cheetahs try and out-spacker each other in some meaningless game for 12th place

it would be great fun to see some of the Saffer teams compete in the European Cup. I imagine it would be the ideal scenario for them as they'd bring the focus back onto the Currie Cup for most of the year and then could compete in a more timezone-friendly and significantly richer international competition


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7109
openclashXX wrote:
plum-pudding wrote:
openclashXX wrote:
I've really given up on Super Rugby these days too, the quality is just too poor across the board. it's a good thing SANZAAR locked in that bumper deal with Sky Sports pre-expansion because if it were negotiated now I doubt it would fetch much at all

I said it on another thread but I do reckon the rumours are true and BT will buy the rights to the NRL this year, and stick it on in the mornings to compete with Sky's Super Rugby coverage. great for the sports fan (myself included, would love to see more NRL) but worst possible thing for Sky if the decline in SR quality doesn't stop

The product which even a couple of years ago was decent, is now very poor- I only really tune in for the NZ derbies. I do wonder if they will just have some Aus/NZ tournament only and the SA teams latch onto a European league.


yeah I can't bear to sit through 80 minutes of the Force and the Cheetahs try and out-spacker each other in some meaningless game for 12th place

it would be great fun to see some of the Saffer teams compete in the European Cup. I imagine it would be the ideal scenario for them as they'd bring the focus back onto the Currie Cup for most of the year and then could compete in a more timezone-friendly and significantly richer international competition


Surely they'd be less Currie Cup if they played a 26 match regular season in the Pro14?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17245
Tim. wrote:
Surely they'd be less Currie Cup if they played a 26 match regular season in the Pro14?


I wasn't aware the idea was to have them literally join an existing league like the Pro12? :uhoh:

they have a perfectly good domestic league that is sitting around gradually wasting away, surely the sensible thing would be to bring it back into central focus as the main league (ahead of Super Rugby), perhaps expand it so that it fills a longer season, and have the top 4 teams qualify for the European Cup?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9269
B&I Cup Final if anyone is desperate.

Jersey sticking it to Munster A so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=y ... pp=desktop


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7109
openclashXX wrote:
Tim. wrote:
Surely they'd be less Currie Cup if they played a 26 match regular season in the Pro14?


I wasn't aware the idea was to have them literally join an existing league like the Pro12? :uhoh:

they have a perfectly good domestic league that is sitting around gradually wasting away, surely the sensible thing would be to bring it back into central focus as the main league (ahead of Super Rugby), perhaps expand it so that it fills a longer season, and have the top 4 teams qualify for the European Cup?


This is currently doing the rounds.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... o-12917771


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:33 pm
Posts: 1395
Rugby2023 wrote:
TopNacker wrote:

Quote:
‘My father’s a monster,’ said Ruskin. ‘He is 6ft 9in. He tells me stories of when Georgia played Russia. In the 1990s, the team were locked in the changing room before a match so my dad literally head butted down the metal door.'

Image

His dad was a known bonehead and a brute. It wouldn't surprise me if he had indeed head-butted down a door... in fact that's probably how he opened doors.

He was a good player though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17245
Tim. wrote:
openclashXX wrote:
Tim. wrote:
Surely they'd be less Currie Cup if they played a 26 match regular season in the Pro14?


I wasn't aware the idea was to have them literally join an existing league like the Pro12? :uhoh:

they have a perfectly good domestic league that is sitting around gradually wasting away, surely the sensible thing would be to bring it back into central focus as the main league (ahead of Super Rugby), perhaps expand it so that it fills a longer season, and have the top 4 teams qualify for the European Cup?


This is currently doing the rounds.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... o-12917771


mental. absolutely mental. rugby administrators in South Africa have fully gone off the deep end


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7109
openclashXX wrote:
Tim. wrote:
openclashXX wrote:
Tim. wrote:
Surely they'd be less Currie Cup if they played a 26 match regular season in the Pro14?


I wasn't aware the idea was to have them literally join an existing league like the Pro12? :uhoh:

they have a perfectly good domestic league that is sitting around gradually wasting away, surely the sensible thing would be to bring it back into central focus as the main league (ahead of Super Rugby), perhaps expand it so that it fills a longer season, and have the top 4 teams qualify for the European Cup?


This is currently doing the rounds.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... o-12917771


mental. absolutely mental. rugby administrators in South Africa have fully gone off the deep end


The basic premise of reducing the pro teams from 14 to 8 is sound. Then it all gets a bit mental for sure.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:05 pm
Posts: 7047
FullbackAce wrote:
His dad was a known bonehead and a brute. It wouldn't surprise me if he had indeed head-butted down a door... in fact that's probably how he opened doors.

He was a good player though.

I don't doubt that part FBA, it would probably accurately describe most Georgian forwards :P Are you disappointed Ruskin has not opted to play for the land of his father?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:33 pm
Posts: 1395
Rugby2023 wrote:
FullbackAce wrote:
His dad was a known bonehead and a brute. It wouldn't surprise me if he had indeed head-butted down a door... in fact that's probably how he opened doors.

He was a good player though.

I don't doubt that part FBA, it would probably accurately describe most Georgian forwards :P Are you disappointed Ruskin has not opted to play for the land of his father?

Well I know firsthand from his teammate (my father)

I'm only disappointed that a son of a former Georgian captain is a foreigner. If it was anyone else I wouldn't mind.

It is a logical, pragmatic decision on his part. Being a prop He would have as much competition starting for Georgia as he will for England yet the latter could be far more rewarding as far as silverware and fame goes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17245
anyone want to hazard a guess who Eddie is referring to?

Quote:
Eddie Jones is only just starting to get over England's Grand Slam failure in Dublin, five weeks on from the defeat by Ireland which ended their world-record winning run.

It's been more than a month since the Red Rose saw their series of consecutive victories stopped at 18 but Jones says the memories are still eating him up.

And the head coach concedes that part of the reason for that is the realisation that he was at fault for the 13-9 loss at the Aviva Stadium.

'I've been filthy for four weeks. I'm probably just getting over it,' he told the Daily Express.

'I blame myself. I got the tactics wrong, I got selection wrong and I got the substitutions wrong and I'll never get that back so I'm still angry with myself.

'There were players who were absolutely outstanding for us early in the tournament who were poor in that game and I should have picked up the signs of that better.


'I should have made some changes after Scotland. I got a bit complacent after that win. I probably thought things were going better than they were.

'And at half-time I should have brought about five finishers on – or even before half-time.
Why I didn't I still can't work out. I've been really disappointed with myself.'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:39 pm
Posts: 1898
Location: London
openclashXX wrote:
anyone want to hazard a guess who Eddie is referring to?

Quote:
Eddie Jones is only just starting to get over England's Grand Slam failure in Dublin, five weeks on from the defeat by Ireland which ended their world-record winning run.

It's been more than a month since the Red Rose saw their series of consecutive victories stopped at 18 but Jones says the memories are still eating him up.

And the head coach concedes that part of the reason for that is the realisation that he was at fault for the 13-9 loss at the Aviva Stadium.

'I've been filthy for four weeks. I'm probably just getting over it,' he told the Daily Express.

'I blame myself. I got the tactics wrong, I got selection wrong and I got the substitutions wrong and I'll never get that back so I'm still angry with myself.

'There were players who were absolutely outstanding for us early in the tournament who were poor in that game and I should have picked up the signs of that better.


'I should have made some changes after Scotland. I got a bit complacent after that win. I probably thought things were going better than they were.

'And at half-time I should have brought about five finishers on – or even before half-time.
Why I didn't I still can't work out. I've been really disappointed with myself.'

Pretty much the whole team were poor.. though I struggle to think of many that were 'outstanding' earlier on.
Joseph, Faz, the locks?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:17 pm
Posts: 1615
plum-pudding wrote:
openclashXX wrote:
anyone want to hazard a guess who Eddie is referring to?

Quote:
Eddie Jones is only just starting to get over England's Grand Slam failure in Dublin, five weeks on from the defeat by Ireland which ended their world-record winning run.

It's been more than a month since the Red Rose saw their series of consecutive victories stopped at 18 but Jones says the memories are still eating him up.

And the head coach concedes that part of the reason for that is the realisation that he was at fault for the 13-9 loss at the Aviva Stadium.

'I've been filthy for four weeks. I'm probably just getting over it,' he told the Daily Express.

'I blame myself. I got the tactics wrong, I got selection wrong and I got the substitutions wrong and I'll never get that back so I'm still angry with myself.

'There were players who were absolutely outstanding for us early in the tournament who were poor in that game and I should have picked up the signs of that better.


'I should have made some changes after Scotland. I got a bit complacent after that win. I probably thought things were going better than they were.

'And at half-time I should have brought about five finishers on – or even before half-time.
Why I didn't I still can't work out. I've been really disappointed with myself.'

Pretty much the whole team were poor.. though I struggle to think of many that were 'outstanding' earlier on.
Joseph, Faz, the locks?


'I blame myself. I got the tactics wrong,
You didn't need to be Mystic Meg to know the Irish were going to swarm every breakdown , to slow up your possesion and that if your team contested breakdowns adequately , rather than panicking about being in a nice line all the way out to the wings, you might have done better on a wet day in Dublin !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:38 pm
Posts: 4496
Backwoodsman1 wrote:
plum-pudding wrote:
openclashXX wrote:
anyone want to hazard a guess who Eddie is referring to?

Quote:
Eddie Jones is only just starting to get over England's Grand Slam failure in Dublin, five weeks on from the defeat by Ireland which ended their world-record winning run.

It's been more than a month since the Red Rose saw their series of consecutive victories stopped at 18 but Jones says the memories are still eating him up.

And the head coach concedes that part of the reason for that is the realisation that he was at fault for the 13-9 loss at the Aviva Stadium.

'I've been filthy for four weeks. I'm probably just getting over it,' he told the Daily Express.

'I blame myself. I got the tactics wrong, I got selection wrong and I got the substitutions wrong and I'll never get that back so I'm still angry with myself.

'There were players who were absolutely outstanding for us early in the tournament who were poor in that game and I should have picked up the signs of that better.


'I should have made some changes after Scotland. I got a bit complacent after that win. I probably thought things were going better than they were.

'And at half-time I should have brought about five finishers on – or even before half-time.
Why I didn't I still can't work out. I've been really disappointed with myself.'

Pretty much the whole team were poor.. though I struggle to think of many that were 'outstanding' earlier on.
Joseph, Faz, the locks?


'I blame myself. I got the tactics wrong,
You didn't need to be Mystic Meg to know the Irish were going to swarm every breakdown , to slow up your possesion and that if your team contested breakdowns adequately , rather than panicking about being in a nice line all the way out to the wings, you might have done better on a wet day in Dublin !


Continuously kicking away what little ball we got and waiting for the Irish to run out of steam was very negative rugby and got the result it deserved.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:03 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 37708
Location: No. 2 to Cyprus
Fair play, George Kruis has been bloody good against Munster. 18 tackles according to espn


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19039
Location: Gypsy Jack Nowell
Spencer has been an absolute horror show since coming on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:47 pm
Posts: 11410
Location: Westerlands
Kruis is a beast


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9269
Billy put up some stupid numbers there (pre revision)

15 tackles / 0 missed
72 metres
1 clean break
7 defenders beaten
3 offloads


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:47 pm
Posts: 11410
Location: Westerlands
Margin_Walker wrote:
Billy put up some stupid numbers there (pre revision)

15 tackles / 0 missed
72 metres
1 clean break
7 defenders beaten
3 offloads


Come to expect these kind of stats whenever he plays and is fit. He's the class 8 in the world, for me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:39 pm
Posts: 1898
Location: London
DragsterDriver wrote:
Spencer has been an absolute horror show since coming on.

The difference between him and Wigglesworth was summed up when they were rocked back in their 22m and needed a calm head to organise the forwards and put in a box kick. Wigglesworth calmed everyone down and got the forwards exactly where they needed to be- Spencer got caught with the ball out of the ruck and was turned over.
Shame.

Mind you, Wigglesworth would fetch a kings ransom for a French club- I can't believe one of them haven't tried to lure him over.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17245
plum-pudding wrote:
Mind you, Wigglesworth would fetch a kings ransom for a French club- I can't believe one of them haven't tried to lure him over.


Wiggy was interviewed in TRP saying various French clubs made him a sizeable offer back in January (ie bigger than what Sarries are offering him) and he turned them down as he wants to stay at a club challenging for trophies. he plans on retiring at Sarries

Spencer has really imploded the second half of this season, not at all convinced by his form


Last edited by openclashXX on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:10 am
Posts: 89
Vincent Koch made MOM. Lol

Jackson Ray making a huge name for himself at No.7. Eddie?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12997
Location: West of Londinium
Billy was absolutely immense today. He was resolutely targeted by Munster but he just swatted them off and got on his bike. It was a good a performance from a number 8 as I have seen all year - right up there with Picamoles. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2452
openclashXX wrote:
anyone want to hazard a guess who Eddie is referring to?

Quote:
Eddie Jones is only just starting to get over England's Grand Slam failure in Dublin, five weeks on from the defeat by Ireland which ended their world-record winning run.

It's been more than a month since the Red Rose saw their series of consecutive victories stopped at 18 but Jones says the memories are still eating him up.

And the head coach concedes that part of the reason for that is the realisation that he was at fault for the 13-9 loss at the Aviva Stadium.

'I've been filthy for four weeks. I'm probably just getting over it,' he told the Daily Express.

'I blame myself. I got the tactics wrong, I got selection wrong and I got the substitutions wrong and I'll never get that back so I'm still angry with myself.

'There were players who were absolutely outstanding for us early in the tournament who were poor in that game and I should have picked up the signs of that better.


'I should have made some changes after Scotland. I got a bit complacent after that win. I probably thought things were going better than they were.

'And at half-time I should have brought about five finishers on – or even before half-time.
Why I didn't I still can't work out. I've been really disappointed with myself.'


Youngs for me


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:47 pm
Posts: 11410
Location: Westerlands
polyallstar wrote:
openclashXX wrote:
anyone want to hazard a guess who Eddie is referring to?

Quote:
Eddie Jones is only just starting to get over England's Grand Slam failure in Dublin, five weeks on from the defeat by Ireland which ended their world-record winning run.

It's been more than a month since the Red Rose saw their series of consecutive victories stopped at 18 but Jones says the memories are still eating him up.

And the head coach concedes that part of the reason for that is the realisation that he was at fault for the 13-9 loss at the Aviva Stadium.

'I've been filthy for four weeks. I'm probably just getting over it,' he told the Daily Express.

'I blame myself. I got the tactics wrong, I got selection wrong and I got the substitutions wrong and I'll never get that back so I'm still angry with myself.

'There were players who were absolutely outstanding for us early in the tournament who were poor in that game and I should have picked up the signs of that better.


'I should have made some changes after Scotland. I got a bit complacent after that win. I probably thought things were going better than they were.

'And at half-time I should have brought about five finishers on – or even before half-time.
Why I didn't I still can't work out. I've been really disappointed with myself.'


Youngs for me


and me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19039
Location: Gypsy Jack Nowell
plum-pudding wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Spencer has been an absolute horror show since coming on.

The difference between him and Wigglesworth was summed up when they were rocked back in their 22m and needed a calm head to organise the forwards and put in a box kick. Wigglesworth calmed everyone down and got the forwards exactly where they needed to be- Spencer got caught with the ball out of the ruck and was turned over.
Shame.

Mind you, Wigglesworth would fetch a kings ransom for a French club- I can't believe one of them haven't tried to lure him over.


Him and Robson have fallen apart- I'm not bigging up anymore 9s, it's turning into a commentators curse :blush:

I like Townsend though :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:00 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am
Posts: 37708
Location: No. 2 to Cyprus
Me 3


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4979
polyallstar wrote:
openclashXX wrote:
anyone want to hazard a guess who Eddie is referring to?

Quote:
Eddie Jones is only just starting to get over England's Grand Slam failure in Dublin, five weeks on from the defeat by Ireland which ended their world-record winning run.

It's been more than a month since the Red Rose saw their series of consecutive victories stopped at 18 but Jones says the memories are still eating him up.

And the head coach concedes that part of the reason for that is the realisation that he was at fault for the 13-9 loss at the Aviva Stadium.

'I've been filthy for four weeks. I'm probably just getting over it,' he told the Daily Express.

'I blame myself. I got the tactics wrong, I got selection wrong and I got the substitutions wrong and I'll never get that back so I'm still angry with myself.

'There were players who were absolutely outstanding for us early in the tournament who were poor in that game and I should have picked up the signs of that better.


'I should have made some changes after Scotland. I got a bit complacent after that win. I probably thought things were going better than they were.

'And at half-time I should have brought about five finishers on – or even before half-time.
Why I didn't I still can't work out. I've been really disappointed with myself.'


Youngs for me



It was the entirely passive effort at the line outs that got me. Wtf.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7716
terryfinch wrote:
polyallstar wrote:
openclashXX wrote:
anyone want to hazard a guess who Eddie is referring to?

Quote:
Eddie Jones is only just starting to get over England's Grand Slam failure in Dublin, five weeks on from the defeat by Ireland which ended their world-record winning run.

It's been more than a month since the Red Rose saw their series of consecutive victories stopped at 18 but Jones says the memories are still eating him up.

And the head coach concedes that part of the reason for that is the realisation that he was at fault for the 13-9 loss at the Aviva Stadium.

'I've been filthy for four weeks. I'm probably just getting over it,' he told the Daily Express.

'I blame myself. I got the tactics wrong, I got selection wrong and I got the substitutions wrong and I'll never get that back so I'm still angry with myself.

'There were players who were absolutely outstanding for us early in the tournament who were poor in that game and I should have picked up the signs of that better.


'I should have made some changes after Scotland. I got a bit complacent after that win. I probably thought things were going better than they were.

'And at half-time I should have brought about five finishers on – or even before half-time.
Why I didn't I still can't work out. I've been really disappointed with myself.'


Youngs for me



It was the entirely passive effort at the line outs that got me. Wtf.


It was very passive in most 'contested' areas - looked like we were planning on just absorbing pressure until they coughed it up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9828
Representation in both european finals.

If Ford and co can muster a result tomorrow... Bath vs Gloucester and Sarries vs Clermont/Leinster.

Not bad for average year. :proud:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1386, 1387, 1388, 1389, 1390  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Achahoish, backrow, Bing [Bot], Brumby_in_Vic, Chuckles1188, Clive Simms, DOB, dr dre2, eldanielfire, feckwanker, Google Adsense [Bot], Idle_Wild, KenSkehan, KnuckleDragger, Leinster in London, Man In Black, Mr Mike, Mullet 2, paneer, Red Revolution, Risteard, saffer13, Sandstorm, Stevus55, The Man Without Fear, unseenwork, waguser, Wilson's Toffee, Yourmother, ZappaMan and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group