Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 776, 777, 778, 779, 780, 781, 782 ... 790  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:50 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
sewa wrote:
rfurlong wrote:
sewa wrote:
That is surely the most boring pic anyone has ever posted on PR. Congrats, its quite an achievement

stfu you useless cvnt - if you have nothing to contribute then go away, you insufferable bore.

:yawn:

You sure you're a STEM graduate ? :P

STEM is not a term I use but yes my primary degree is in chemistry. Now that they put all the diplomas to level 7 and call them degrees I have quite a collection of them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:51 pm 

What was the net population change in the same period

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:52 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
The CSO has published the housing stats from last years census.

http://www.cso.ie/en/csolatestnews/pres ... inireland/

They confirm that our current housing crisis is almost entirely supply led, with an increase in the housing stock between 2011 and 2016 of 8,800 (0.4%), compared with an increase of 225,292 between 2006 and 2011. This shows what happens when you put an entire industry to the sword, and also puts into perspective an awful of the shite that was spouted about 2011 about Ireland not needing another house built for 30 years.

As some of us pointed out at the time, demographics, dear boy, demographics.

Some of the other interesting stats include a 15% decrease in the number of vacant units; and that home ownership levels at 67.6% are at their lowest level since 1971.

Like Bertie Ahern par example

Duff Paddy wrote:

Up 400k

I can't believe we didn't trust Bertie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:53 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

Up 400k

They can all live in Longford

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:54 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:

The Property "Experts" who told the bored that the market had more to fall and NAMA put in a false floor have all melted.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:55 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

The Property "Experts" who told the bored that the market had more to fall and NAMA put in a false floor have all melted.

Yeah I'd put Bertie on a par with Fester

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:55 pm 

:lol:

He won't like that comparison one bit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:57 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

Up 400k

They can all live in Longford

f**k off, we have enough Dublin knackers already.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:21 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
:lol:

He won't like that comparison one bit.

Who?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:58 pm 

Has anyone noticed on the M50 junctions from the M4 to the M1 the signposts have yellow squares with black shapes in them. One is a circle another a square another a triangle. Not big mabye 100m x 100m. Anyone know what that's about? It's further out as well on the M2 - M3 connector. Have only seen it on that side of the city.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:04 pm 

paddyor wrote:
Has anyone noticed on the M50 junctions from the M4 to the M1 the signposts have yellow squares with black shapes in them. One is a circle another a square another a triangle. Not big mabye 100m x 100m. Anyone know what that's about? It's further out as well on the M2 - M3 connector. Have only seen it on that side of the city.

diversion routes innit

http://www.thejournal.ie/m50-emergency- ... 9-May2016/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:17 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

Up 400k

TBF, it'd have been less had more people followed Bertie's advice and topped themselves.

The man is an irredeemable shitstain.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:19 pm 

redderneck wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

Up 400k

TBF, it'd have been less had more people followed Bertie's advice and topped themselves.

And he's been proven correct so eat a dick :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:25 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
redderneck wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

Up 400k

And he's been proven correct so eat a dick :lol:

stopped clock mullet

the PS unions current antics and entitled behaviours are directly attributable to Bertie's buy-offs ..... the useless fvck got far more wrong (in terms of economic impact) than he ever got right

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:25 pm 

Now there's a refreshing surprise.

edit - to Mullet's post...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:56 pm 

rfurlong wrote:
paddyor wrote:

diversion routes innit

http://www.thejournal.ie/m50-emergency- ... 9-May2016/

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:45 pm 

rfurlong wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
How can they complain about unequal pay when they were the ones who voted for it?

It's shit for the ones on the lower grades, but surely they sound be having a fight with their union, rather than having the same union nothing off.

Technically, I think they looked the other way rather than vote for it.

ASTI is a basket case, plain and simple.

Their own head office staff are going on strike due to ASTI's failure to deal with issues of elected officials bullying and harassing staff.

If you think the irony of ASTI staff striking against their employer (the ASTI union) is a hoot, wait till you hear the best part .....

ASTI allow retired teachers to cast a ballot on strike action - meaning that of the slim majority of 52% that voted against Lansdowne Road and voted for walking out of the classrooms, there is a good portion that actually don't actually teach anymore!

Tbh, the teaching unions are all a disaster.

I've heard some pretty serious reservations expressed about the mooted new forms of teaching by various teachers I know. None of those complaints have been made out by the unions. It's actually worrying how little they seem to care about the impact on either children or the junior teachers who'll end up doing the most inane busywork of it all.

One of the big problems is that there seems to be a desire to adopt certain "innovations" from England that are absolutely fúcking useless. Largely it involves spending hours of time coming up with ancillary types of reporting to do about children that just duplicates what already exists.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:59 am 

Rumham wrote:
alliswell wrote:
I've not been to Cork for a few years but is this necessary? Have they filled the Elysian yet?

It is offices and a hotel, maybe some apartments.

Apartments are desperately needed in tandem with this. The Elysian is NAMA owned now and they should just sell it as they are making a pigs ear of trying to manage it.

No. It's been sold to Blackstone since.

Apartments are needed but not at this price point. At one stage, management fees were €4k annually.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:45 am 

I was just having a look at this article http://www.thejournal.ie/bikes-stolen-i ... 8-Apr2017/ regarding the Belfast Bikes Scheme, and how it's being jeopardised by vandalism and thefts, then I noticed a figure for bikes stolen in Dublin, 5,000 in 2014! Likely to be much higher now. That is epidemic stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:59 am 

Bullettyme wrote:
I was just having a look at this article http://www.thejournal.ie/bikes-stolen-i ... 8-Apr2017/ regarding the Belfast Bikes Scheme, and how it's being jeopardised by vandalism and thefts, then I noticed a figure for bikes stolen in Dublin, 5,000 in 2014! Likely to be much higher now. That is epidemic stuff.

Who the hell would be arsed robbing one of those bikes anyway?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:00 am 

Leinsterman wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

Beats me, I'd be interested to see how many go missing from Dublin Bikes too. Chop them up for scrap? The things are absolute tanks!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:09 am 

alliswell wrote:
I've not been to Cork for a few years but is this necessary? Have they filled the Elysian yet?

I was in one of the tower apartments there about two weeks ago and the complex seemed mostly occupied. Some set up, if I ever win the Euromillions I know what the first property I'll buy will be.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:31 am 

camroc1 wrote:
rfurlong wrote:
http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/skys-no-limit-for-new-cork-as-40-storey-towerproposed-for-port-site-786458.html

Great to see ambition of this nature returning to Ireland ..... visions of the future from entrepreneurs like this guy, are a far cry from the current political discourse

:thumbup:

Nice to see. I don't envy them their route through planning with Cork City Council though.

Also I can't see how they are going to develop this parcel of land for a tower that size. I'll be surprised if it makes it through anywhere close to it's current form.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:02 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

Beats me, I'd be interested to see how many go missing from Dublin Bikes too. Chop them up for scrap? The things are absolute tanks!

Amazingly Dublin Bikes suffer very little from theft or vandalism, largely due to the high utilisation rate combined with high profile station locations.

I'd have thought 5,000 was not an exceptionally high burglary rate given the number of bikes in Dublin. Assuming 100k bicycles (and I'm pretty sure the actual figure is higher) gives a percentage of 5%. And before anyone starts I'm aware that actual rates are probably much higher as in bike theft the Gardaí are only informed if an insurance claim is being made.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:04 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:

That is an insane level of theft, amazing there isn't more of an outcry about it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:05 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

Amazingly Dublin Bikes suffer very little from theft or vandalism, largely due to the high utilisation rate combined with high profile station locations.

I'd have thought 5,000 was not an exceptionally high burglary rate given the number of bikes in Dublin. Assuming 100k bicycles (and I'm pretty sure the actual figure is higher) gives a percentage of 5%. And before anyone starts I'm aware that actual rates are probably much higher as in bike theft the Gardaí are only informed if an insurance claim is being made.

Paris has major issues with it (Costs is very high) and it seems the original provider lost their bid to retain the market.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:15 pm 

Laurent wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

Paris has major issues with it (Costs is very high) and it seems the original provider lost their bid to retain the market.

Just doing some googling, and the Dublin Bikes scheme has about 1,500 bikes, and the highest n daily number of trips was about 18k meaning that on average each bike was used 12 times in the day. That's phenomenal.

http://www.dublinbikes.ie/Magazine/Repo ... st-figures

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:18 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

That's also 2014 figures, I would guess that's higher now. 5% is high enough.

Dublin Bikes are an excellent utility to have around the city, probably the best public transport system for the city centre. Wonder what accident rates are like?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:21 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

That's also 2014 figures, I would guess that's higher now. 5% is high enough.

Dublin Bikes are an excellent utility to have around the city, probably the best public transport system for the city centre. Wonder what accident rates are like?

The guys using them seem to be the worst road users ...

I use my own, before I got the folding bike I'd walk as the stops were invariably empty near my route

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:26 pm 

Agreed, they are terrible road users :lol:

I use them around town, because I'm reticent to leave my quite decent bike locked up anywhere in town for an extended period of time (also I don't like cycling when drinking). I hope they build more stations though, because there's a bit of an issue with stations in the centre being too full, with stations outlying the centre being empty.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:44 pm 

I used to get the Nitelink just beside the Embassy Grill in Ballsbridge and it seems there are many cyclists who have no (moral) problem drinking and cycling, f**k all over the place they were :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:14 pm 

I assume the teachers union anti-vax crap has been covered? The sooner teaching is automated over the inter web the better.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:18 pm 

Gavin Duffy wrote:
I assume the teachers union anti-vax crap has been covered? The sooner teaching is automated over the inter web the better.

Uh, no it hasn't been discussed. Please don't tell me they're on that bandwagon. If I ever find out a teacher of my kids is anti-vaxer... :uhoh:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:32 pm 

Gavin Duffy wrote:

Linky ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:37 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:

Linky ?

http://www.thejournal.ie/teachers-union ... 5-Apr2017/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:42 pm 

Flametop wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:

Linky ?

http://www.thejournal.ie/teachers-union ... 5-Apr2017/

Proof, as if it was needed, that the public sector unions are mental

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:43 pm 

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/p ... -1.3056911.

It stinks of a move to pressure Harris (the naive tit).

In reality, the sooner we start making appropriate decisions based on clinical outcomes the better, rather than quick fixes that chase votes, sates the commercial medicine millionaires etc...

Any idiot on the street knows that the entire civilised populace is adverse to any religious order getting within a statute mile of them when they're in anything but robust health...

Perception is reality...

Harris is a tit of the highest order. Mullets lot would be proud of him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:47 pm 

gokwe wrote:
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/planned-move-of-national-maternity-hospital-in-jeopardy-1.3056911.

It stinks of a move to pressure Harris (the naive tit).

In reality, the sooner we start making appropriate decisions based on clinical outcomes the better, rather than quick fixes that chase votes, sates the commercial medicine millionaires etc...

Any idiot on the street knows that the entire civilised populace is adverse to any religious order getting within a statute mile of them when they're in anything but robust health...

Perception is reality...

Harris is a tit of the highest order. Mullets lot would be proud of him.

It's proper order that the pressure is paying off.
The land (along with all the rest of it) should be confiscated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 776, 777, 778, 779, 780, 781, 782 ... 790  Next