Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:52 pm 

waguser wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
MrBunhead wrote:
he was out on bail when he did it too

Surprise surprise

Lot's of prior convictions, out on bail when offence is committed and he nearly kills an 89 year old woman. If that doesn't deserve 20 years then we are well and truly f**k.

Agreed

He will likely get the shit kicked out of him in jail though

Could we organise a crowdfundme to make certain of it?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:36 pm 

Lads, I just cut myself not once but twice on a tea cup supplied by my workplace :shock: . My next post will be from my mansion in Dalkey

Raaaahhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:07 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
waguser wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
MrBunhead wrote:

Surprise surprise

Lot's of prior convictions, out on bail when offence is committed and he nearly kills an 89 year old woman. If that doesn't deserve 20 years then we are well and truly f**k.

Agreed

And promptly sue the Prison Service for not protecting him adequately.

Prison Service are a joke when it comes to protecting people. The current Kinahan/Hutch violence within the prisons is a disgrace. It's the most public drug feud in the country's history and nobody is keeping an eye on the lads in prison?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:10 pm 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
waguser wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
MrBunhead wrote:

Surprise surprise

Agreed

Could we organise a crowdfundme to make certain of it?

I'm sure I heard he was a big fecking Grass, & that was the reason why the courts went so light on him; it must have been something like that. Any of you guys hear that too ? ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:38 pm 

What's the story with that murder in Kerry? Two farmers have a disagreement and one of them killed the other one with a cherry picker or something?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:52 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
What's the story with that murder in Kerry? Two farmers have a disagreement and one of them killed the other one with a cherry picker or something?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:12 pm 

Probably been bubbling away for 30 years +.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:15 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
Probably been bubbling away for 30 years +.

Ferris from Tralee? Hardly related to the terrorist?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:16 pm 

Can somebody explain that cúnt Kerins has been given costs?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:19 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:

Because lawyers are worth it ?

Can't have them running out of decent Burgundy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:31 pm 

Can we crowdfund this one too

http://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0404/865107 ... ker-court/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:32 pm 

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/co ... 96478.html

Tiernan and co again. What a surprise!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:43 pm 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/pensioner-forced-to-give-up-cycling-after-sun-lounger-fall-awarded-13400-35596478.html

Tiernan and co again. What a surprise!

You can be damned sure that Argos has figured that it's cheaper to concede liability rather than to defend.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:53 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Because lawyers are worth it ?

Can't have them running out of decent Burgundy.

Damn straight.

Point of public importance most likely. Raised a novel point that had.had not yet been litigated

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:08 pm 

I have jury duty coming up so may see our glorious judiciary at work in the flesh.

I can't wait :|

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:15 pm 

danthefan wrote:
I have jury duty coming up so may see our glorious judiciary at work in the flesh.

Go once and you'll be called repeatedly apparently.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:35 pm 

paddyor wrote:
danthefan wrote:

Go once and you'll be called repeatedly apparently.

I've already been called in the past, so that ship has sailed.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:05 pm 

I did it once years ago and never got a call-back. Can't do it anymore, thankfully.

If you tell them you're a parish priest you don't have to do it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:13 pm 

danthefan wrote:

Wear a suit and tie and look uber southside.

Even if your name is called the defendants lawyers will object.

Most inefficient system known to mankind. It really shows the contempt the legal system has for peoples time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:14 pm 

I got called when I was about 18/19 for a case involving an old lad raping teenage boys. Unsurprisingly, the defence vetoed me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:20 pm 

Apparently for a more traditional rape case women are much less likely to convict than men.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:30 pm 

This really sums up everything that is wrong with our judiciary.

http://independent.ie/irish-news/courts ... 99997.html

She should be getting ten years.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:38 pm 

Flametop wrote:

For glassing someone? But if you smash someones head in with a hammer...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:43 pm 

paddyor wrote:
Flametop wrote:

For glassing someone? But if you smash someones head in with a hammer...

Don't see anything about blackmail/extortion, stalking and trying to ruin somebody's life. Repeatedly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:55 pm 

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/co ... 03094.html

Not a judiciary thing, but thought this was nuts and didn't know where else to put it:

Quote:
A man accused of murdering his former partner and mother of their two children has punched a prosecuting barrister in the face at the Central Criminal Court.
Vesel Jahiri (35), originally from Kosovo but of no fixed abode, has pleaded not guilty to murdering Anna Finnegan (25) at Allendale Glen, Clonsilla, Dublin 15 on September 21, 2012.
He has also pleaded not guilty to assaulting Karl Finnegan, causing him harm, at the same place on the same date.

Mr Jahiri previously dismissed his legal team and is now representing himself at the trial.
This morning, Mr Justice Paul Coffey told the jury that Mr Jahiri was not in a position to call any further witnesses in his trial.

The judge then said that Mr Jahiri would not be making a closing speech although he was given an opportunity to do so and for that reason prosecuting counsel, Mr Patrick Marrinan SC, would also not be making a closing speech.
At that point Mr Jahiri shouted: “The judge is refusing to call witnesses. This trial is not going ahead. You broke the law. This trial is going nowhere I’m stopping it now.”

The judge then told Mr Jahiri that he had given him an opportunity to call witnesses this morning. Mr Jahiri said he needed a phone to call potential witnesses saying: “I’m in Guantanamo jail.”
The accused was told by the judge that he has had the last seven weeks to telephone witnesses. Mr Jahiri started to shout: “My teeth are sick and everything.”

At this point Mr Marrinan stood up and was about to speak when Mr Jahiri reached across to him and punched him in the face. Blood could be seen coming from counsel’s nose.
Mr Jahiri then leapt across the benches before being wrestled to the ground by five prison officers who handcuffed him and took him from the courtroom.

The trial was adjourned for twenty minutes before resuming in front of the jury. Mr Justice Coffey addressed the jury saying: "The accused has been removed from court and we will proceed in his absence."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:05 pm 

Having read about that case, the guy is a complete psycho.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:43 pm 

What a nutjob. "I'm in Guantanamo". :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:03 pm 

Sounds nuts, though on the plus side he did hit a barrister.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:37 pm 

Flametop wrote:
Sounds nuts, though on the plus side he did hit a barrister.

Who does he sue though, the beak, the prison service, the nutter (who has nothing so not worth it ) !

Commiserations to the silk - should not happen in your working day.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:03 pm 

Don't know him, but he's meant to be a lovely fella. Will have ruined his end of term.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:53 am 

Another wonderful human interest story from the 4 Goldmines, this one features a pikey with a fractured knuckle.......how could that have happened I hear you all ask....read on.http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/co ... 05629.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:58 am 

From the report :

Quote:
The court heard Mr Stokes was involved in a road traffic accident the day before the jogging accident.

He was a passenger in a car that was hit from the rear on September 17, 2011, when he had suffered soft tissue injuries to his neck and back.
In cross examination it was put to Mr Stokes it was somewhat incredible he would decide to go jogging the day after the road accident.

He said he had done so to alleviate his symptoms.
Mr Justice Barr accepted the evidence of a medical witness that some people, in particular those engaged in sport, would try to "run off" a soft tissue injury.

He accepted "this as a credible explanation" for Mr Stokes going jogging the day after the car accident.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And the judge then had the gall to increase his damages because South Dublin Co. Co. contested his story.

How is he allowed to do that since contesting evidence is the very basis of our judicial system ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:24 am 

camroc1 wrote:
From the report :

Quote:
The court heard Mr Stokes was involved in a road traffic accident the day before the jogging accident.

He was a passenger in a car that was hit from the rear on September 17, 2011, when he had suffered soft tissue injuries to his neck and back.
In cross examination it was put to Mr Stokes it was somewhat incredible he would decide to go jogging the day after the road accident.

Mr Justice Barr accepted the evidence of a medical witness that some people, in particular those engaged in sport, would try to "run off" a soft tissue injury.

He accepted "this as a credible explanation" for Mr Stokes going jogging the day after the car accident.

And the judge then had the gall to increase his damages because South Dublin Co. Co. contested his story.

How is he allowed to do that since contesting evidence is the very basis of our judicial system ?

I am beginning to think that some of these old pricks are on a percentage of the award........Dublin CC is now over a barrell relating to any injuries in these 'no go' halting sites. Defies belief really.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:13 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
From the report :

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:17 pm 

Boobs not Moobs wrote:

Jesus.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:17 pm 

EverReady wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
From the report :

Quote:

Plus how do you break a knuckle in a fall? Most people's automatic reaction when falling is to put both hands out flat plam down leading to broken wrist etc. Not to make a fist and what the 60k for hardly lose of income.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:25 pm 

Soft fraud allegations in a defence aren't really allowed any more. You can deny a claim simpliciter or allege fraud and provide proof. A denial with a hint of fraud isn't kosher.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:31 pm 

anonymous_joe wrote:
Soft fraud allegations in a defence aren't really allowed any more. You can deny a claim simpliciter or allege fraud and provide proof. A denial with a hint of fraud isn't kosher.

pity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:55 pm 

anonymous_joe wrote:

Yet having, and worse, believing a medical "expert" who testifies that running the day after a car accident to alleviate pain from a soft tissue injury to the neck is a recognised treatment is kosher ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:03 pm 

waguser wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:

pity

It's not a formal concept, but it's meant to encourage insurers to give evidence of fraud. It used to be not uncommon to make an allegation of fraud and hope a judge is convinced there's something dodgy going on.

Cam - doctors are medical experts. The courts aren't in a position to gainsay their evidence. If there's an issue with engineers or doctors lying, the appropriate bodies should step in. Obviously we don't all have the benefit of your extensive amount of evidence, but I'm sure if you shared it with the appropriate bodies they'd take action.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next