planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:38 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic

Appropriate penalty for Max's actions?
Poll ended at Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:31 pm
A good-for-the-show-character prize at the end of season 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
None 31%  31%  [ 19 ]
Some points in the license 20%  20%  [ 12 ]
One race ban 31%  31%  [ 19 ]
Two race ban 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Season ban 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 61
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 6745
Location: Michigan, USA
Jezza13 wrote:
Option or Prime wrote:
Quote:
That press release was about as forceful as being flogged with a wet lettuce leaf. It practically said "We're sorry Max. We really don't want to do this and upset you but we have to do something. Don't worry, we'll be gentle".


Agree, an example of the FIA showing pathetically weak leadership, however, realistically the FIA don't sanction drivers, teams occasionally, but very weak on drivers. This won't change him expect more belligerence. Great driver but horrible individual.

Depends on who the transgressor is it seems.

They had no such issues with weak leadership when they benched Grosjean for a race.

The FIA's history of inept and weak handling with the superstars of the sport is a long and storied tradition, and goes back at least as far as not disqualifying Senna from the championship after Suzuka 1990.

_________________
PICK 10 COMPETITION (4 wins, 15 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 7058
The whole circus was concluded with Max giving an interview pointing how much he learned and how constructive it was for him.

PR talk and the fans should be now happy, job done...

I wonder what will be his second one? Isn't it supposed to be two days of "community service"? Oh god, please make it to be road cleaning...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:05 pm
Posts: 323
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Siao7 wrote:
The whole circus was concluded with Max giving an interview pointing how much he learned and how constructive it was for him.

PR talk and the fans should be now happy, job done...

I wonder what will be his second one? Isn't it supposed to be two days of "community service"? Oh god, please make it to be road cleaning...

Given the the requirements about no "humiliation" I assume the second day will be serving carafes in a wine tasting tent at a go-cart race... :lol:

_________________
Life-Long F1 Fan from 1965 -- More than 575 Grand Prix recorded since 1982 (all but 3), and counting...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 7058
MB-BOB wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
The whole circus was concluded with Max giving an interview pointing how much he learned and how constructive it was for him.

PR talk and the fans should be now happy, job done...

I wonder what will be his second one? Isn't it supposed to be two days of "community service"? Oh god, please make it to be road cleaning...

Given the the requirements about no "humiliation" I assume the second day will be serving carafes in a wine tasting tent at a go-cart race... :lol:


Hehe, I'd like to see that!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:12 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:02 am
Posts: 1651
Location: Far side of Koozebane
Part 2 of the farce is complete.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/47192578

"On Sunday, the 21-year-old attended the FIA's annual stewards programme, an educational event for race officials."

There you go Ladies & Gentlemen, we now have a new definition of "public service" courtesy of the jelly backs at the FIA.

Strange how both punishments were only made public AFTER he'd actually served his penance.

_________________
Races since last non RB, Merc, Ferrari winner (After China - 19) - 121 & counting.

Non RB, Merc, Ferrari podiums won in Hybrid era - 309 spots available, 23 won

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 7058
Jezza13 wrote:
Part 2 of the farce is complete.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/47192578

"On Sunday, the 21-year-old attended the FIA's annual stewards programme, an educational event for race officials."

There you go Ladies & Gentlemen, we now have a new definition of "public service" courtesy of the jelly backs at the FIA.

Strange how both punishments were only made public AFTER he'd actually served his penance.

It is outrageous, isn't it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:06 am
Posts: 7531
Location: Belgium
Bearing in mind we don't really know what form the educational event for stewards took, I think it may well have served its purpose. Not that I would classify it under "public service" as such, but it might just set young Max thinking about the rules.

I'm hopeful the education included a discussion on "drivers unnecessarily defending against unlapping manoeuvres, and how to judge the consequences"! :D
On a more serious note, I wish I could attend as an observer. I happen to think the rules and how to interpret them is crucial to keeping F1 a sport.

_________________
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jezza13, lucifers, Mayox, mcdo, mikeyg123, pokerman, SteveW, UnlikeUday and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group