One race ban 31%  31%  [ 19 ]
Two race ban 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Season ban 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 61
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:27 am 

Jezza13 wrote:
Option or Prime wrote:
Quote:
That press release was about as forceful as being flogged with a wet lettuce leaf. It practically said "We're sorry Max. We really don't want to do this and upset you but we have to do something. Don't worry, we'll be gentle".

Agree, an example of the FIA showing pathetically weak leadership, however, realistically the FIA don't sanction drivers, teams occasionally, but very weak on drivers. This won't change him expect more belligerence. Great driver but horrible individual.

Depends on who the transgressor is it seems.

They had no such issues with weak leadership when they benched Grosjean for a race.

The FIA's history of inept and weak handling with the superstars of the sport is a long and storied tradition, and goes back at least as far as not disqualifying Senna from the championship after Suzuka 1990.

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:35 am 

The whole circus was concluded with Max giving an interview pointing how much he learned and how constructive it was for him.

PR talk and the fans should be now happy, job done...

I wonder what will be his second one? Isn't it supposed to be two days of "community service"? Oh god, please make it to be road cleaning...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:27 pm 

Siao7 wrote:
The whole circus was concluded with Max giving an interview pointing how much he learned and how constructive it was for him.

I wonder what will be his second one? Isn't it supposed to be two days of "community service"? Oh god, please make it to be road cleaning...

Given the the requirements about no "humiliation" I assume the second day will be serving carafes in a wine tasting tent at a go-cart race... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:19 pm 

MB-BOB wrote:
Siao7 wrote:

Given the the requirements about no "humiliation" I assume the second day will be serving carafes in a wine tasting tent at a go-cart race... :lol:

Hehe, I'd like to see that!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:12 am 

Part 2 of the farce is complete.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/47192578

"On Sunday, the 21-year-old attended the FIA's annual stewards programme, an educational event for race officials."

There you go Ladies & Gentlemen, we now have a new definition of "public service" courtesy of the jelly backs at the FIA.

Strange how both punishments were only made public AFTER he'd actually served his penance.

Non RB, Merc, Ferrari podiums won in Hybrid era - 309 spots available, 23 won

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:15 am 

Jezza13 wrote:
Part 2 of the farce is complete.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/47192578

"On Sunday, the 21-year-old attended the FIA's annual stewards programme, an educational event for race officials."

There you go Ladies & Gentlemen, we now have a new definition of "public service" courtesy of the jelly backs at the FIA.

Strange how both punishments were only made public AFTER he'd actually served his penance.

It is outrageous, isn't it?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:48 pm 

Bearing in mind we don't really know what form the educational event for stewards took, I think it may well have served its purpose. Not that I would classify it under "public service" as such, but it might just set young Max thinking about the rules.

I'm hopeful the education included a discussion on "drivers unnecessarily defending against unlapping manoeuvres, and how to judge the consequences"! :D
On a more serious note, I wish I could attend as an observer. I happen to think the rules and how to interpret them is crucial to keeping F1 a sport.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi