One race ban 31%  31%  [ 19 ]
Two race ban 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Season ban 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 61
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:37 pm 

-ZeroGravityToilet- wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
Asphalt_World wrote:
F1 gets it's first bit of proper driver attitude since the 1970s so F1 punishes it!

Guess that's the world we live in.

90's I'd say when Senna chinned Eddie or when Schumacher tried to get DC.

F1 has chosen to punish the inocent party, Ocon, waaaaaay more harshly than violent brat Max. Go figure the world we live in!

Well, in fairness these punishments are for different things. It would be fun to have Ocon doing garbage day as a penalty after the race though!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:59 pm 

kleefton wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
He didn't come close to breezing past on the straight into T1 and was too impatient to try again in the next DRS zone down into T4. Those were the sensible options if he's much faster anyway.

I wouldn't expect a lapped car to compete for the apex in T2 either, I'd barely expect it when racing for position, Bottas backed out after getting passed by Dan, its asking for trouble and also because you're both risking your exit of T3 if you fight there even if you both avoid contact during T2, and you can end up bleeding time down the straight because of it.

As soon as Max defended T1 Ocon should've just focused on getting the best exit of T3 to just breeze past with DRS on the run to T4 if he had the pace. Clean and simple and not aggressive.

Sorry I disagree. If you watch it again, you see that Ocon actually had his nose in front at turn one. Verstappen braked late and dove on the inside to inch out in front and then expected Ocon to get out of the way. He did the same when he was overtaking Vettel, he just does not have any respect for any car that he is fighting with, and that is why it is going to bite him every now and then. That is also the reason Hamilton gave him so much room at COTA; because he knows that is how Max drives. He never leaves space. IMO it was refreshing to see that someone didn't chicken out against him. Being a lap down or not does not matter. Once you are fighting on track, you must respect the rules of engagement, otherwise you have to expect things might go wrong.

Happy to agree to disagree. I think we're only really apart on the bolded as I don't think you should be that aggressive when trying to unlap yourself, that's all.

If it was racing for position then I'd be closer to your take on it I think, although I'd still think Ocon was choosing a poor place to make a move but I'd probably lean towards more a racing incident because Max didn't leave the space.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:39 pm 

Take a page from Douglas Adams and "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", dump him on a prehistoric planet and tell him to evolve into a more responsible life form.

Edit: While we are at it, dump his dad Jos on the prehistoric planet with him. Also needs to evolve.

Last edited by Mort Canard on Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:50 am 

Asphalt_World wrote:
F1 gets it's first bit of proper driver attitude since the 1970s so F1 punishes it!

Guess that's the world we live in.
Do I understand correctly that you side with Ocon? In that case, I agree.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi