For me,

Verstappen, Ricciardo & Leclerc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:46 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:
For me,

Verstappen, Ricciardo & Leclerc

Yup, these three.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:57 pm 

Max would have been number one, but it was a huge error of judgement in choosing to fight Ocon unlapping himself. Whether or not Ocon should have been doing it is irrelevant. Max had the race in the bag and instead chose to fight it, and ultimately it cost him what would have beem a spectacular victory. For that reason, he drops out of my top three, which instead I have given to Kimi, Danny and Leclerc.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:17 pm 

Ricciardo. Special mention to Kimi as well, he was clearly the better Ferrari driver today.

Verstappen messed his own race up. Hamilton did well to manage the Mercedes tyre wear but was a little fortuitous today, as well as the Verstappen incident he was also helped massively by Bottas holding up Kimi, Ricciardo and Vettel.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:18 pm 

Kimi, Daniel and wait for it Stoffel as he quietly did a number on Fernando today.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:27 pm 

Daniel, Charles and then it was tough between Lewis and Kimi. Picked Lewis as I feel his pace at the end of the race was crazy given the way that tire looked.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:30 pm 

I think Lewis' performance is probably going to be underrated here.

Max would win this easily but I do aportion some "Vettel-esque lack of common sense" blame to him for his incident, though it's mainly on Ocon.

Nonetheless he still deserves to be rated, along with Ricciardo, Hamilton, Leclerc and Raikkonen.

edit:

Well maybe not easily for Max as it's obvious that Red Bull had the best race pace and Ricciardo was too detached from Verstappen to get the clearest picture.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:37 pm 

Ricciardo and Leclerc

best and stupiest driver: Verstappen

disappointing: Ericsson, Vettel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:40 pm 

Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
Ricciardo and Leclerc

Some F1 fans never let you down with Vettel.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:48 pm 

Rockie wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
Ricciardo and Leclerc

Some F1 fans never let you down with Vettel.

So, you do not think he was disappointing today?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:49 pm 

Invade wrote:
I think Lewis' performance is probably going to be underrated here.

Max would win this easily but I do aportion some "Vettel-esque lack of common sense" blame to him for his incident, though it's mainly on Ocon.

Nonetheless he still deserves to be rated, along with Ricciardo, Hamilton, Leclerc and Raikkonen.

edit:

Well maybe not easily for Max as it's obvious that Red Bull had the best race pace and Ricciardo was too detached from Verstappen to get the clearest picture.

The Bottas train helped Hamilton out alot. The amount of laps Kimi, Ricciardo and even Vettel was stuck behind him was alot and losing time with that. Kimi was 4.7 behind Hamilton and Ricciardo 5.1 at the finish, I would like to know the amount of time they lost.

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:00 pm 

Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
Ricciardo and Leclerc

What was disappointing about Ericsson? He had a problem on his outlap. Car was mended by glue. Problems off the line then a lack of grip in the corners from what is sounded like. more and more bits kept falling off. Sauber were so strong this weekend that I don't really know what Leclerc did that race that was outstanding. They were no doubt the 4th best car. and as we didn't have Ericsson (who outqualified him) as a benchmark, that makes his race even more difficult to judge.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:04 pm 

Tough call but I went with Hamilton and both Red Bull drivers. Max was brilliant all race long and Daniel had a spirited charge himself. Lewis won in the third best car on the day IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:27 pm 

Only Max, for entertaining value.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:32 pm 

Went for the Podium in the end, tough call between Kimi and Dan but Kimi beating his team mate swung it in his favour for me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:40 pm 

Hamilton, Ricciardo and Le Clerc the latter is going to be real handful for Seb next year, unless they are all wet races!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:47 pm 

Leclerc was the one that impressed me the most.

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:51 pm 

Hamilton, Raikonnen, Ricciardo for me.
Honorable mentions to Vandoorne, finally beating Alonso on track, Leclerc for being best of the rest, and Verstappen for being so blindingly fast even with a damaged car.
But I couldn't give Max one of the votes because the ugly side of him showed itself at this race again and it was in full display even after the race, when he attacked Ocon with a flurry of shoves. There is so much talent in that guy, but I wonder if it will ever come together. His attitude is the worse I have ever seen among any athletes. Hard to root for a guy like that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:01 pm 

TheGiantHogweed wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
Ricciardo and Leclerc

What was disappointing about Ericsson? He had a problem on his outlap. Car was mended by glue. Problems off the line then a lack of grip in the corners from what is sounded like. more and more bits kept falling off. Sauber were so strong this weekend that I don't really know what Leclerc did that race that was outstanding. They were no doubt the 4th best car. and as we didn't have Ericsson (who outqualified him) as a benchmark, that makes his race even more difficult to judge.

I think it was how close Leclerc managed to stay to the big three teams that was impressive. Marcus had a good day yesterday in changable conditions, but in normal conditions over a whole race Ericsson can't live with him and the points tally shows that.

And it's a points tally that flatters Marcus as Charles has been taken out of at least 4 races he was on to score some handy points in.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:05 am 

Lewis, Charles, & Kimi. Honorable mention to Daniel. Was kind of a toss up between Kimi and Daniel for me.

Max drove a great race up to and after lap 46 but I will not reward that kind of rampant entitlement and stupidity.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:33 am 

kleefton wrote:
Hamilton, Raikonnen, Ricciardo for me.
Honorable mentions to Vandoorne, finally beating Alonso on track, Leclerc for being best of the rest, and Verstappen for being so blindingly fast even with a damaged car.
But I couldn't give Max one of the votes because the ugly side of him showed itself at this race again and it was in full display even after the race, when he attacked Ocon with a flurry of shoves. There is so much talent in that guy, but I wonder if it will ever come together. His attitude is the worse I have ever seen among any athletes. Hard to root for a guy like that.

This +1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:43 am 

I went with Leclerc, Raikkonen (slight toss up between him and Ricciardo, so honorable mention to Ricciardo), and Verstappen. I don't at all like how Verstappen handled himself after the race, but I still feel that he drove particularly well, so I somewhat relucantly gate him a vote. :? Also an honorable mention to Vandoorne, who did have a pretty good race even if he didn't score any points.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:27 am 

Hamilton, Raikonnen and Ricciardo for me. Verstappen lost it with poor descision making and it cost him big.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:12 am 

BMWSauber84 wrote:
TheGiantHogweed wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
Ricciardo and Leclerc

I think it was how close Leclerc managed to stay to the big three teams that was impressive. Marcus had a good day yesterday in changable conditions, but in normal conditions over a whole race Ericsson can't live with him and the points tally shows that.

And it's a points tally that flatters Marcus as Charles has been taken out of at least 4 races he was on to score some handy points in.

Ericsson's car came apart on the formation lap and was being glued together on the grid.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:32 pm 

Riccardo and Hamilton for me.

Lewis was nursing an engine problem the team thought he wouldn't finish the race so had to dial everything down.

Amf riccardo because he's just such a class act.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:48 am 

How people can vote Ricciardo(far slower driver then Max) over him, Daniel struggled to get past Ferraris and Bottas, where Max owned all grid, including Hamilton.

It shows how biased you are.
Max this race operated at level that is unseen. Toto yes your statement about Lewis was nice, but you know it is really shocking to me, Max looks not slightly faster, but by some serious margin faster then Hamilton. Thanks to him it will be nice to watch F1 in future, unless he gets really good car, so it will be massive boring.
Ricciardo is damn good, and he looks average to Max, game over the guys is 21 year old, that is unseen.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:25 am 

Filip wrote:

The rest of your post makes this quite ironic.

Ricciardo started further back, but he also passed a Ferrari and a Mercedes and caught Raikkonen very quickly despite failing to pass him. Max has a little bit on Ricciardo, but there wasn't a night-and-day difference in their pace like you're suggesting.

That aside, the reason people voted for Ricciardo and not Max is that Ricciardo didn't throw the race win away with a dubious defending move.

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:43 am 

Rockie wrote:
Kimi, Daniel and wait for it Stoffel as he quietly did a number on Fernando today.
I agree with all three. I would love to know why all of a sudden Stoffel is capable of racing Alonso, but at least I know his troubled spell with McLaren wasn't because of lack of talent or speed.

Edit: I felt Ocon deserved a mention. It is great to see a driver attempting to unlap himself after all this time. If only Max were a sportsman.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:10 am 

Filip wrote:
How people can vote Ricciardo(far slower driver then Max) over him, Daniel struggled to get past Ferraris and Bottas, where Max owned all grid, including Hamilton.

Max this race operated at level that is unseen. Toto yes your statement about Lewis was nice, but you know it is really shocking to me, Max looks not slightly faster, but by some serious margin faster then Hamilton. Thanks to him it will be nice to watch F1 in future, unless he gets really good car, so it will be massive boring.
Ricciardo is damn good, and he looks average to Max, game over the guys is 21 year old, that is unseen.

Biased? You are funny.

Let's see, Max owned the grid; a tuned down engined Mercedes and the two Ferraris with wrong tire strategy and one of them with a fault that compromised it's race.

Max was also the only driver in the grid that made a mistake and crowded another driver off the track, ruining his own potential victory. He is fast, but also reckless, acts like an angry teenager, he needs to be taught some humility. Lewis tried to teach him something in that room, god knows if it was taken in.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:11 am 

Exediron wrote:
Filip wrote:

The rest of your post makes this quite ironic.

Ricciardo started further back, but he also passed a Ferrari and a Mercedes and caught Raikkonen very quickly despite failing to pass him. Max has a little bit on Ricciardo, but there wasn't a night-and-day difference in their pace like you're suggesting.

That aside, the reason people voted for Ricciardo and not Max is that Ricciardo didn't throw the race win away with a dubious defending move.

Both RB's were much nicer to their tires, made up for the lack of power. It was really evident in this race. Combine the problems that Mercedes and Ferrari experienced and you can see how the RB was the car to have on Sunday.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:53 pm 

Rockie wrote:
BMWSauber84 wrote:
TheGiantHogweed wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
Ricciardo and Leclerc

Ericsson's car came apart on the formation lap and was being glued together on the grid.

That's why I said 'In normal conditions'. Ericsson's performance in the race was entirely down to his broke car. But the evidence of the 2018 season suggests that Charles would have had his number in the race in dry conditions barring mishap.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:56 pm 

Filip wrote:

Hi Jos.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:03 pm 

BMWSauber84 wrote:
Filip wrote:

Hi Jos.

:lol:

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:08 pm 

BMWSauber84 wrote:
Rockie wrote:

That's why I said 'In normal conditions'. Ericsson's performance in the race was entirely down to his broke car. But the evidence of the 2018 season suggests that Charles would have had his number in the race in dry conditions barring mishap.

There was no mixed conditions in Q3 and Marcus out qualified Charles, if he had gone out in Q1 or was it Q2 you would argue Charles would have outqualified Marcus.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:25 pm 

Filip wrote:

Yeah but Max was owned by Ocon, though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:36 am 

f1madman wrote:
Filip wrote:

Yeah but Max was owned by Ocon, though.

And Ocon was owned by Merc..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:30 am 

Rockie wrote:
BMWSauber84 wrote:
Rockie wrote:

There was no mixed conditions in Q3 and Marcus out qualified Charles, if he had gone out in Q1 or was it Q2 you would argue Charles would have outqualified Marcus.

Yes, I just thought Ericsson looked very comfortable here this weekend. Although the points don't suggest it he's usually been closer on race pace to Leclerc than in qualyfying. He isn't usually nearly a second a lap slower in the races. And if he looked decent in a dry qualifying, I think he will have been good in the race too. But as we culdn't compare them, I think voting for Leclerc is a bit much really based on a race where there was no comparison that was fair to do.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:19 pm 

TheGiantHogweed wrote:
Rockie wrote:
BMWSauber84 wrote:
Rockie wrote:

Yes, I just thought Ericsson looked very comfortable here this weekend. Although the points don't suggest it he's usually been closer on race pace to Leclerc than in qualyfying. He isn't usually nearly a second a lap slower in the races. And if he looked decent in a dry qualifying, I think he will have been good in the race too. But as we culdn't compare them, I think voting for Leclerc is a bit much really based on a race where there was no comparison that was fair to do.

If Marcus has been closer on race pace, it has usually been down to Charles scrapping with cars further up the grid allowing Ericsson to join the back of the battle.

There have been a lot of races this season. The points table doesn't tell the whole story but it also doesn't lie. Leclerc has been significantly faster than his teammate and has also had more points taken away through factors outside of his control.