planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:46 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:51 pm 

Tyrell P34 with the Lotus 88 coming in a close 2nd.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:29 pm 

It would depend on what I intended to do with it. I love the scream from the V12 or 16, but there are not many of them about. Where could I replace a Vanwall? It would probably end up as a DFV engine I could race a couple of times a year and not have to loose sleep over keeping it going.

Probably an Arrows, Jorden or Tyrroll, possibly a Toleman Hart.

Cars are not for looking at, they are only any good if you use them. I could not destroy a car that was one of only 3 in the world and no spares, it would be like burning the library at Alexandria

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:25 pm 

This is a great question and very difficult to answer. I'll name 5 that I would really want to own personally (if I had the money to afford the maintenance).

1. 1993 Canon Williams FW15C-Arguably the most sophisticated racing car of all time and with one of my favorite liveries of all time to boot.
2. 2007 McLaren MP4-22-I just love the look of this design. In some ways those cars from 2007-2008 were the most beutiful F1 cars ever. They were not classy and understated but they were flashy and exotic and this one was the prettiest of them all IMO.
3. 1985 Lotus 97T-This is more of a sentimental favorite for me. The car Senna won his first race in and that Johnny Player Special livery that is just legendary.
4. 2005 McLaren MP4-20-One of my favorite F1 cars. Gorgeous design and livery with a beastly V10 engine. Have to get one of these!
5. 2004 Lucky Strike BAR Honda RA004E-Produces the most heavenly sound of any man-made device in history.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:19 pm 

sandman1347 wrote:
1. 1993 Canon Williams FW15C-Arguably the most sophisticated racing car of all time and with one of my favorite liveries of all time to boot.

The BIB has to be the greatest urban legend of F1. While the car was indeed quite sophisticated, and for the time had more technology packed into it for some time, after F1 got over the loss of active suspension, F1 cars have trump the amount of sophisticated technology by a significant margin. The only thing the cars from 1991 - 1993 had over all other eras was the active suspension and Williams' system was the best ever raced in F1, but that's it.