planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:41 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:14 am 

I don't get the issue. Yes they may have tried to make the logo look like the Marlboro logo, but it isn't the Marlboro logo! Simple as that.

You would have to know they are (possibly) trying to subliminally market Marlboro to see the connection. It's like the bar code they used to have in 2009/10 (can't remember which), I had no idea there was a Marlboro connection until I read about it. Even then, as a smoker myself, I couldn't see it. The only way Marlboro gets any advertising from things like this is by people and the media mentioning it all the time, not by the logo on an f1 car.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:19 am 

minchy wrote:
I don't get the issue. Yes they may have tried to make the logo look like the Marlboro logo, but it isn't the Marlboro logo! Simple as that.

You would have to know they are (possibly) trying to subliminally market Marlboro to see the connection. It's like the bar code they used to have in 2009/10 (can't remember which), I had no idea there was a Marlboro connection until I read about it. Even then, as a smoker myself, I couldn't see it. The only way Marlboro gets any advertising from things like this is by people and the media mentioning it all the time, not by the logo on an f1 car.
You're right. Let's all try to ignore it and hopefully it will all go away. The angel of death (Phillip Morris) obviously doesn't care... they really don't, and never has.