planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:24 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

How will Ricciardo's move to Renault play out long-term?
Poll runs till Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:39 am
Successfully; Ricciardo will have more success at Renault than he would have had at Red Bull 42%  42%  [ 27 ]
Unsuccessfully; he would have had more success if he had stayed at Red Bull 58%  58%  [ 38 ]
Total votes : 65
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:58 am 

Interesting that there is no announcement you on the replacement at Red Bull.

I thought Sainz was under contract, and only on loan, so if Red Bull needed him he would be there. Clearly Red Bull released him. But releasing him without having the alternate secured sounds unwise, unless Sainz actually asked to be released because he simply did not want to be # 2 to max either. Even in that case, why release the alternative and give more contract bargaining to your driver before all is settled?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:06 am 

iano wrote:

I thought Sainz was under contract, and only on loan, so if Red Bull needed him he would be there. Clearly Red Bull released him. But releasing him without having the alternate secured sounds unwise, unless Sainz actually asked to be released because he simply did not want to be # 2 to max either. Even in that case, why release the alternative and give more contract bargaining to your driver before all is settled?

If they choose from within the Red Bull stable I don't think the drivers have any contract bargaining power. They're already under contract so Red Bull can slot them in whenever they please

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:13 am 

iano wrote:

Good point. I wonder if Red Bull were the team JEV was alluding to when he said he’s been approached