planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:56 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:56 pm 

F1 MERCENARY wrote:
Oyshe… Force is so overused since Force India was formed.
Mountie F1 sounds more appealing than that. Haha!

Personally I'd love to see Ford & Cosworth back in F1 and with his money and connections it would be cool if he was able to finagle a deal with both of them and field Ford-Cosworth F1 and feature a predominantly black livery OR… the ever iconic gulf livery the GT40's dawn in ALMS.

I rather it just be Stroll racing than to toss in ford and make it an american team by default.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:19 am 

Maple Back Racing?

Sorry Racing?

Eh? f1?

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:28 am 

Jezza13 wrote:
Maple Back Racing?

Sorry Racing?

Eh? f1?

Force Eh?

Sorry Force

Polite F1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:55 pm 

Checo has said that Force India's financial situation is critical at the moment & he needs to know the future of the team before he commits to the team for 2019.
https://www.crash.net/f1/news/901855/1/perez-force-india-f1-financial-situation-critical#comments

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:33 pm 

F1 MERCENARY wrote:
Should Stroll buy the team, I am VERY curious to see what engines he chooses to run being as he is a Ferrari aficionado of sorts. :wink:

I had the same thought. I've no idea when Force India's Mercedes engine deal runs until - the only information I can find about it is that it was last reported as extended for the 2014 season onwards. But as you mention, Lawrence Stroll has some links with Ferrari as a car company, and lets not forget that Lance was actually a Ferrari junior driver before switching to Williams. If he were to buy Force India, I could see them becoming a Ferrari customer team for 2021 (or perhaps even 2020). Probably too far down the development of next year's car for it to make a huge amount of sense to switch for then (although it wouldn't be impossible if they were that way inclined). Either way, Ferrari do now seem to be the engine to have, so that gives him even more justification should they do so.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:53 pm 

Jenson's Understeer wrote:
F1 MERCENARY wrote:
Should Stroll buy the team, I am VERY curious to see what engines he chooses to run being as he is a Ferrari aficionado of sorts. :wink:

I had the same thought. I've no idea when Force India's Mercedes engine deal runs until - the only information I can find about it is that it was last reported as extended for the 2014 season onwards. But as you mention, Lawrence Stroll has some links with Ferrari as a car company, and lets not forget that Lance was actually a Ferrari junior driver before switching to Williams. If he were to buy Force India, I could see them becoming a Ferrari customer team for 2021 (or perhaps even 2020). Probably too far down the development of next year's car for it to make a huge amount of sense to switch for then (although it wouldn't be impossible if they were that way inclined). Either way, Ferrari do now seem to be the engine to have, so that gives him even more justification should they do so.

What's that? There could soon be some Mercedes engines knocking about? I know an orange team in Woking that would only love to get their hands on them!

FA#14

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:02 pm 

F1 MERCENARY wrote:

Would Ferrari have the capacity to supply another team though?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:19 pm 

owenmahamilton wrote:
F1 MERCENARY wrote:

Is the limit 3 or 4 teams? If the talk of the team switching to Ferrari happened behind back doors, Ocon (Mercedes junior driver) leaving the team for Renault seems o have some starting point for the rumour.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:32 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:
owenmahamilton wrote:
F1 MERCENARY wrote:

Is the limit 3 or 4 teams? If the talk of the team switching to Ferrari happened behind back doors, Ocon (Mercedes junior driver) leaving the team for Renault seems o have some starting point for the rumour.

I know they brought in a rule whereby the FIA can force the engine manufacturer supplying the least teams (with the exception of a manufacturer that has recently entered F1) to supply a team that is without an engine deal, but I don't think there is an upper limit. Keep in mind that when the McLaren/Renault rumours began last year - and before the idea of Honda switching to Toro Rosso came up - Cyril Abiteboul was actually asked if Renault had the capacity to supply four teams and suggested they could; if there was a limit I assume he would've simply said they'd not be allowed to supply a fourth team.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:41 pm 

Siao7 wrote:
Jezza13 wrote:
F1 MERCENARY wrote:
Honestly, the car is pretty abysmal this year and the team not quite firing on all cylinders.

The kid has put on a few excellent drives in his time at Williams so statements like that are quite unfair.
Even Kubica said the car is abysmal.

Yeah I sometimes think he gets a bad wrap on this forum. We all concede he's driving an absolute dog of a car, he generally stays out of trouble, he's out performing his team mate, which after all should be his main goal,he usually makes killer starts, his ego seems to be well & truly in check and he's copping a lot of flak with people saying he's only there because of his father, which lets face it, he probably is.

I've been a bit of a supporter of his, mainly due to his attitude, so if he does end up at FI or whatever it'll be called, I hope he silences a few critics.

Nice post. I agree

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:03 pm 

HOW F1 could still be a thing ?? :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:35 pm 

Situation keeps getting alarming! Toto Wolff and Szafnauer(the COO of Force India) have confirmed that Force India are in court today, working on what the future holds for the F1 team.
https://thesportsrush.com/force-india-in-court-today-confirm-wolff-and-szafnauer/

https://www.essentiallysports.com/force-india-begin-legal-proceedings/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:43 pm 

mcdo wrote:
F1 MERCENARY wrote:

What's that? There could soon be some Mercedes engines knocking about? I know an orange team in Woking that would only love to get their hands on them!

Interestingly, one of FI’s largest outstanding debts is Mercedes engine bill so Mercedes might just prefer to be done with them altogether and the possibility for McLaren once again running Mercedes power once again becomes a possibility.

As for Ferrari or any manufacturer being able to supply more teams... yes absolutely, with ease.

The difficult part is in the design, engineering and testing, all of which seems to be pretty under control by all manufacturers at this time, with only Renault trying to work out a few kinks with new parts. Outside of that, the blocks are cast in a couple of hours and all components machined in relatively little time and the assembly would just be depend on how fast techs can bang them out. Supplying a team with 6 complete units can be done in under 2 weeks and additional spare units are always ready and waiting, so they’d have no issue meeting the demand.

Ferrari of all teams has enough staff to do it efficiently.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:06 pm 

Seems like a sale is close.

https://www.motorsportweek.com/joeblogsf1/id/00280

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:05 pm 

https://twitter.com/rich_energy/status/ ... 73408?s=19

It appears Force India went into administration. Rich Energy isn't happy with the way this went down.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:16 pm 

Llotyhy wrote:
https://twitter.com/rich_energy/status/1022922604125073408?s=19

It appears Force India went into administration. Rich Energy isn't happy with the way this went down.

Wow blaming Sergio Perez is a bit harsh! I'd love to know where the £30 million they allegedly offered to Force India was meant to be coming from.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:21 pm 

Llotyhy wrote:

Doesn't look good. They may be gone very quickly from here.
I am skeptical that they can finish the season,

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:23 pm 

owenmahamilton wrote:
Llotyhy wrote:

Wow blaming Sergio Perez is a bit harsh! I'd love to know where the £30 million they allegedly offered to Force India was meant to be coming from.

Difficult to say without knowing why he is blamed. Brave new twitter world ...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:33 pm 

Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
owenmahamilton wrote:
Llotyhy wrote:

I just read on another website that Perez and his manager allegedly took legal action over an unpaid debt and tried to have the team wound up.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:40 pm 

Yeah, this looks really bad:

https://www.racefans.net/2018/07/27/per ... r-4m-debt/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:55 pm 

owenmahamilton wrote:
Llotyhy wrote:

Out of the fresh blue sky according to people who probably are in the know. Saward has a rod on for all things FI/Mallaya going down related and he is utterly convinced the whole Rich Energy thing is a sham. Personally, i've never come across the drink and I don't know anyone who has. The idea that they have £30m knocking about to just hand out is almost laughable, and tweeting that nonsense attacking a driver and the main sponsor just smacks of unprofressionalism.

I get the feeling that this is going to become a race to the bottom, who can pick up the team for the cheapest price, and attempting to drive that price down by playing hardball in the backrooms while talking nonsense in the media.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:40 am 

I said it way, way back when the first rumours that Rich Energy were going to make a takeover offer for Force India: it's nothing more than a means for them to gain free publicity.

For F1's sake, hopefully a deal for Force India gets sorted out in the coming days, or at the worst is all finalised by the end of the summer break. Because there is absolutely no way a team that finished 4th in the standings, and has consistently done well in recent years, which has a driver who brings significant sponsor backing *and* has done a good job of picking up other sponsors themselves, should be in any kind of financial mess. I know some of that stems from Mallya but the bottom line is F1 still needs to make significant changes on the financial side of this because honestly, having a solid midfield team in this situation looks ridiculous for the sport.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:34 am 

So Mazepin's dad may step in as well?

Are we going to end up with F1 full of kids with teams owned by daddy?

Maybe F1 does need to cut costs..

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:35 am 

An update on the situation:

https://www.motorsportweek.com/joesawar ... um=twitter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:32 am 

owenmahamilton wrote:

As per the link above, we could expect driver changes as early as the summer break!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:44 am 

Rich Energy's twwet regarding the $30m they invested in Force India:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:55 am 

UnlikeUday wrote:

Yeah quick look on companies house shows that as of 30/09/2017 they had £500 in the bank and net current assets of £468k.

They don't have the money. They're trying to scam everyone into googling them, they're just after the free marketing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:56 am 

UnlikeUday wrote:

The CEO of Rich Energy, William Storey

Books & covers & stuff I suppose.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/business/2018/03/30/TELEMMGLPICT000158957565_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwStM9Gy-RA9QoG-_5uIeKyI.jpeg?imwidth=450

A mock up of how a RE sponsored car might look

Not too bad actually

https://www.thisisf1.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Rich-Energy-F1-Racing-425x300.jpg

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:57 am 

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:

Yeah quick look on companies house shows that as of 30/09/2017 they had £500 in the bank and net current assets of £468k.

They don't have the money. They're trying to scam everyone into googling them, they're just after the free marketing.

Even shocked to hear about BWT that said their sponsorship was in loans!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:14 pm 

Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
owenmahamilton wrote:
Llotyhy wrote:

If Force India indeed owes Perez unpaid salaries, I can't really blame him for taking legal action. Professionally though, I think that he has potentially thrown himself under a bus as taking legal action against your own team doesn't really reinforce your brand as a racing driver or help you get a seat for next year. Since there are only a limited number of seats available for next year at this point, if this proves to be a career ending move for Perez, then justified move or not, I'm afraid he can only blame himself.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:20 pm 

froze wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
owenmahamilton wrote:
Llotyhy wrote:

If Force India indeed owes Perez unpaid salaries, I can't really blame him for taking legal action. Professionally though, I think that he has potentially thrown himself under a bus as taking legal action against your own team doesn't really reinforce your brand as a racing driver or help you get a seat for next year. Since there are only a limited number of seats available for next year at this point, if this proves to be a career ending move for Perez, then justified move or not, I'm afraid he can only blame himself.

It's not all it seems. Basically for FI to survive they have to go into administration so they can reprofile their debt (and probably have some written off). Perez's people were effectively asked by the higher ups at FI to start proceedings against them to allow this to happen.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:45 pm 

The administration procedure is a tricky one. The administrators will only accept a sustainable business plan. The question is whether this is possible in the current F1 environment and with the way money/income is distributed?

The same administrators let Manor die because of a lack of exactly this.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:31 pm 

Perez now saying that it had to be done to save the team and the 400 workers in it. Also he states that in a weeks time things should start making sense for everybody as information on the team finances is revealed.

Also the money owed to him is from 2017, so has been more than patient about it. If what he says is true, then he could be the hero in this. He is looking for a change in leadership in the team, I wonder what information he has that lead him to believe this was the right thing to do.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:44 pm 

PRFAN wrote:
Perez now saying that it had to be done to save the team and the 400 workers in it. Also he states that in a weeks time things should start making sense for everybody as information on the team finances is revealed.

Also the money owed to him is from 2017, so has been more than patient about it. If what he says is true, then he could be the hero in this. He is looking for a change in leadership in the team, I wonder what information he has that lead him to believe this was the right thing to do.

This can all be true and I hope for a happy ending. But it is not in their hands anymore. It is the administrators that decide - and they may have their own ideas.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:29 am 

Besides, if Perez doesn't have another team after him is he supposed to just keep driving for free indefinitely?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:51 am 

ALESI wrote:
Besides, if Perez doesn't have another team after him is he supposed to just keep driving for free indefinitely?

If he could afford to while he sought another drive for next season it would be a good choice if the initial stories were true, taking your team into administration would put off any prospective teams employing you.
If he did do it at their request to make sure it was done as much as possible on their terms then this question doesn't stand as the circumstances are different

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:00 am 

Toto Wolff has said that there are many potential buyers (with deep pockets) interested to buy Force India & they would (Mercedes) would be keeping a close eye on the proceedings.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/137712/many-interested-in-buying-force-india--wolff

It looks afterall the future is bright for Force India.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:46 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:
froze wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
owenmahamilton wrote:
Llotyhy wrote:

It's not all it seems. Basically for FI to survive they have to go into administration so they can reprofile their debt (and probably have some written off). Perez's people were effectively asked by the higher ups at FI to start proceedings against them to allow this to happen.

Yeah he’s saying other creditors wanted to put them into Liquidation, which would have wiped the team and staff out almost instantly. According to him, his process helped ensure they went into Administration, which means they can still operate under an Administrator.

Still, the Administrators job is to repay debts while the company is operating. If they see that cutting staff is the only way around it, they won’t hesitate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:20 pm 

As per Amus, Renault, Williams & McLaren have blocked any potential sale & takeover of Force India during the summer break.
Excerpts from the article below:

'With an eye on the fact that the Silverstone-based outfit might well change hands over the summer break, over the course of the Hungaroring weekend F1 boss Chase Carey sought agreement from all the teams that when changing hands, Force India could continue, albeit with a new name, and thereby still receive its share of the TV revenue and prize money.

However, Schmidt alleges that Renault, Williams and McLaren all refused to agree, which would mean that any new owner would need to register the outfit as a brand new team and would therefore not only be ineligible for Force India's prize money, estimated to be worth $150m, but would not be entitled to its own share of the prize pot for its first couple of seasons.

Such a move would be catastrophic, and according to Schmidt could stymie the sale of the team, leading to the 400 employees being made redundant and leaving the 2019 grid with only nine teams.'

https://www.pitpass.com/62569/Renault-McLaren-and-Williams-to-block-Force-India-deal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:35 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:
As per Amus, Renault, Williams & McLaren have blocked any potential sale & takeover of Force India during the summer break.
Excerpts from the article below:

'With an eye on the fact that the Silverstone-based outfit might well change hands over the summer break, over the course of the Hungaroring weekend F1 boss Chase Carey sought agreement from all the teams that when changing hands, Force India could continue, albeit with a new name, and thereby still receive its share of the TV revenue and prize money.

However, Schmidt alleges that Renault, Williams and McLaren all refused to agree, which would mean that any new owner would need to register the outfit as a brand new team and would therefore not only be ineligible for Force India's prize money, estimated to be worth $150m, but would not be entitled to its own share of the prize pot for its first couple of seasons.

Such a move would be catastrophic, and according to Schmidt could stymie the sale of the team, leading to the 400 employees being made redundant and leaving the 2019 grid with only nine teams.'

https://www.pitpass.com/62569/Renault-McLaren-and-Williams-to-block-Force-India-deal

Changing the name in the middle of the season would be rather unusual in modern F1. If a new investor cannot wait for season's end to change the name, how serious are its ambitions anyway?