planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:40 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic

Driver(s) of the day was / were:-
1. Lewis Hamilton 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
2. Valtteri Bottas 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
3. Sebastian Vettel 9%  9%  [ 13 ]
4. Kimi Raikkonen 18%  18%  [ 27 ]
5. Daniel Ricciardo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
6. Max Verstappen 25%  25%  [ 38 ]
7. Sergio Perez 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
8. Esteban Ocon 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
9. Sergey Sirotkin 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
10. Lance Stroll 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
11. Fernando Alonso 18%  18%  [ 27 ]
12. Stoffel Vandoorne 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
13. Pierre Gasly 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
14. Brandon Hartley 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
15. Romain Grosjean 14%  14%  [ 22 ]
16. Kevin Magnussen 4%  4%  [ 6 ]
17. Nico Hulkenberg 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
18. Carlos Sainz 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
19. Marcus Ericsson 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
20. Charles Leclerc 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 152
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 23703
davidheath461 wrote:
Just reporting facts to you Zoue. No need to attack the messenger ;)

Clearly the writers at autosport thought he did something to warrant an 8, so maybe you should accept that someone has a different opinion to you? 8)

They can if they want, no problem. Doesn't mean I can't still find it hilarious though


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:11 pm
Posts: 2000
mds wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
So Autosport rated Hamilton as an 8, and Vettel as a 7.


For the weekend or for the race?

British journo? :]


AMuS also gave him an 8.

Try again mds. :nod: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:11 pm
Posts: 2000
Zoue wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
Just reporting facts to you Zoue. No need to attack the messenger ;)

Clearly the writers at autosport thought he did something to warrant an 8, so maybe you should accept that someone has a different opinion to you? 8)

They can if they want, no problem. Doesn't mean I can't still find it hilarious though


Perhaps you can explain why though? The experts at AMuS and Autosport clearly disagree with you and felt Hamilton did enough to warrant an 8/10 rating. Clearly they didn't think he was terrible.

Please let us in on the hilarity of this joke Zoue. I feel like i'm missing out! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 23703
davidheath461 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
Just reporting facts to you Zoue. No need to attack the messenger ;)

Clearly the writers at autosport thought he did something to warrant an 8, so maybe you should accept that someone has a different opinion to you? 8)

They can if they want, no problem. Doesn't mean I can't still find it hilarious though


Perhaps you can explain why though? The experts at AMuS and Autosport clearly disagree with you and felt Hamilton did enough to warrant an 8/10 rating. Clearly they didn't think he was terrible.

Please let us in on the hilarity of this joke Zoue. I feel like i'm missing out! :lol:

I did actually explain it in the thread. It's not that hard to find


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:11 pm
Posts: 2000
Zoue wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
Just reporting facts to you Zoue. No need to attack the messenger ;)

Clearly the writers at autosport thought he did something to warrant an 8, so maybe you should accept that someone has a different opinion to you? 8)

They can if they want, no problem. Doesn't mean I can't still find it hilarious though


Perhaps you can explain why though? The experts at AMuS and Autosport clearly disagree with you and felt Hamilton did enough to warrant an 8/10 rating. Clearly they didn't think he was terrible.

Please let us in on the hilarity of this joke Zoue. I feel like i'm missing out! :lol:

I did actually explain it in the thread. It's not that hard to find


The idea that someone would voting for Hamilton as DOTD is "hilarious" would imply that he was one of the worst drivers on the day. Clearly the experts at AMuS and AS thought he was good enough to warrant an 8 though.

Perhaps you are letting your bias cloud your judgement? :thumbup: think about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 11411
davidheath461 wrote:
mds wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
So Autosport rated Hamilton as an 8, and Vettel as a 7.


For the weekend or for the race?

British journo? :]


AMuS also gave him an 8.

Try again mds. :nod: :lol:


You do realize that smiley meant a tongue in cheek comment right? However the first question was genuine - weekend or race? If weekend I can sort of understand rating Hamilton higher than Vettel, if race then not so much. And looking at AMuS points, they give Vettel an 8 as well.

_________________
Go Vandoorne - Verstappen - Vettel!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 11411
davidheath461 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
Just reporting facts to you Zoue. No need to attack the messenger ;)

Clearly the writers at autosport thought he did something to warrant an 8, so maybe you should accept that someone has a different opinion to you? 8)

They can if they want, no problem. Doesn't mean I can't still find it hilarious though


Perhaps you can explain why though? The experts at AMuS and Autosport clearly disagree with you and felt Hamilton did enough to warrant an 8/10 rating. Clearly they didn't think he was terrible.

Please let us in on the hilarity of this joke Zoue. I feel like i'm missing out! :lol:

I did actually explain it in the thread. It's not that hard to find


The idea that someone would voting for Hamilton as DOTD is "hilarious" would imply that he was one of the worst drivers on the day. Clearly the experts at AMuS and AS thought he was good enough to warrant an 8 though.

Perhaps you are letting your bias cloud your judgement? :thumbup: think about it.


AMuS is giving other drivers a 10 - that doesn't really support the idea that Hamilton would realistically be in contention for DotD.

_________________
Go Vandoorne - Verstappen - Vettel!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:11 pm
Posts: 2000
Inappropriate post removed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 23703
davidheath461 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
Just reporting facts to you Zoue. No need to attack the messenger ;)

Clearly the writers at autosport thought he did something to warrant an 8, so maybe you should accept that someone has a different opinion to you? 8)

They can if they want, no problem. Doesn't mean I can't still find it hilarious though


Perhaps you can explain why though? The experts at AMuS and Autosport clearly disagree with you and felt Hamilton did enough to warrant an 8/10 rating. Clearly they didn't think he was terrible.

Please let us in on the hilarity of this joke Zoue. I feel like i'm missing out! :lol:

I did actually explain it in the thread. It's not that hard to find


The idea that someone would voting for Hamilton as DOTD is "hilarious" would imply that he was one of the worst drivers on the day. Clearly the experts at AMuS and AS thought he was good enough to warrant an 8 though.

Perhaps you are letting your bias cloud your judgement? :thumbup: think about it.

I do think there were a number of drivers with better performances than him. That's why I found it hilarious because it's pretty black and white. I don't need to think too much about it because it's clear to me that he had a poor race overall and I can only think of one thing that he did well - the initial start - but even then it was predicted before the race by someone on here - Johnson I think, apologies if I got that wrong - that 2nd on the grid gave a better than average chance of ending up first given the run to the first corner.

I do rather suspect that if any other driver than Hamilton had had an identical race, that he wouldn't have received an 8. Just saying


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:11 pm
Posts: 2000
mds wrote:

AMuS is giving other drivers a 10 - that doesn't really support the idea that Hamilton would realistically be in contention for DotD.


Same applies to Vettel. Yet i don't see Zoue saying it's "hilarious" that 11 people voted for Vettel. :lol: :lol: :lol:

try again mds. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 23703
davidheath461 wrote:
mds wrote:

AMuS is giving other drivers a 10 - that doesn't really support the idea that Hamilton would realistically be in contention for DotD.


Same applies to Vettel. Yet i don't see Zoue saying it's "hilarious" that 11 people voted for Vettel. :lol: :lol: :lol:

try again mds. ;)

Are you suggesting that we should all vote according to AMuS?

The difference is that Vettel didn't do anything wrong or lose any places. Hamilton did. Now whether that's enough to give him DotD is another story - personally I don't think so - but AMuS' scoring isn't really relevant.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:11 pm
Posts: 2000
Vettel lost plenty of places at turn 1 and turn 3 on the first lap.

AMuS rating isn't really relevant? But your opinion is? :uhoh: You can't make this stuff up! :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 11411
davidheath461 wrote:
mds wrote:

AMuS is giving other drivers a 10 - that doesn't really support the idea that Hamilton would realistically be in contention for DotD.


Same applies to Vettel. Yet i don't see Zoue saying it's "hilarious" that 11 people voted for Vettel. :lol: :lol: :lol:

try again mds. ;)


I'm not here to make a case for Vettel.

Try again davidheath461

_________________
Go Vandoorne - Verstappen - Vettel!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 11411
davidheath461 wrote:
Vettel lost plenty of places at turn 1 and turn 3 on the first lap.


Most of it because he got nudged by Grosjean though.

_________________
Go Vandoorne - Verstappen - Vettel!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 11411
davidheath461 wrote:
Ah, didn't realise you were such an emoticon expert. You always taught me that using too many emoticon's means that you are losing an argument. :nod: 8) :lol: .


Well, I didn't use too many of them. And you can just about stop deliberately antagonizing people.


Quote:
Why? he was outqualified by Bottas. :uhoh:


Beaten by the same car, while on Sunday overtaken by an inferior car on older tires.

_________________
Go Vandoorne - Verstappen - Vettel!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:11 pm
Posts: 2000
mds wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
Vettel lost plenty of places at turn 1 and turn 3 on the first lap.


Most of it because he got nudged by Grosjean though.


He lost the rear and ran wide at turn 3.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 2:04 pm
Posts: 2014
I do not think the Ferrari was inferior on race pace based on the long runs in FP and the actual race.

But apart from that, why not allow everyone her own opinion. Discussing reasoning behind that is of course what this is all about - but a discussion whose opinion has more value than others sounds strange to me. And why always the strong desire to convince everyone? That will never work ... ;-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 11411
davidheath461 wrote:
mds wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
Vettel lost plenty of places at turn 1 and turn 3 on the first lap.


Most of it because he got nudged by Grosjean though.


He lost the rear and ran wide at turn 3.


Which is not where he lost "plenty" of places.

_________________
Go Vandoorne - Verstappen - Vettel!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:11 pm
Posts: 2000
mds wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
Ah, didn't realise you were such an emoticon expert. You always taught me that using too many emoticon's means that you are losing an argument. :nod: 8) :lol: .


Well, I didn't use too many of them. And you can just about stop deliberately antagonizing people.


Quote:
Why? he was outqualified by Bottas. :uhoh:


Beaten by the same car, while on Sunday overtaken by an inferior car on older tires.


Ferrari was the best car on it's tyres.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:11 pm
Posts: 2000
mds wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
mds wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
Vettel lost plenty of places at turn 1 and turn 3 on the first lap.


Most of it because he got nudged by Grosjean though.


He lost the rear and ran wide at turn 3.


Which is not where he lost "plenty" of places.


He lost 2 places on that corner :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:11 pm
Posts: 2000
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
I do not think the Ferrari was inferior on race pace based on the long runs in FP and the actual race.

But apart from that, why not allow everyone her own opinion. Discussing reasoning behind that is of course what this is all about - but a discussion whose opinion has more value than others sounds strange to me. And why always the strong desire to convince everyone? That will never work ... ;-)


Agree :thumbup:

I don't think it's appropriate for someone to call out other posters for voting for Hamilton as DOTD. Everyone is free to vote for who they want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 11411
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
I do not think the Ferrari was inferior on race pace based on the long runs in FP and the actual race.


Ok, but even then it wasn't better either and given how in current F1 equal cars don't usually overtake that was still not a good showing. Sure he got impeded by Ricciardo but if he hadn't totally missed the T1 apex he probably wouldn't have been overtaken.

_________________
Go Vandoorne - Verstappen - Vettel!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 11411
davidheath461 wrote:
mds wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
Ah, didn't realise you were such an emoticon expert. You always taught me that using too many emoticon's means that you are losing an argument. :nod: 8) :lol: .


Well, I didn't use too many of them. And you can just about stop deliberately antagonizing people.


Quote:
Why? he was outqualified by Bottas. :uhoh:


Beaten by the same car, while on Sunday overtaken by an inferior car on older tires.


Ferrari was the best car on it's tyres.


Or the drivers did better on them. Verstappen could keep pace. Hamilton even still had plenty of pace after being overtaken.

_________________
Go Vandoorne - Verstappen - Vettel!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 11411
davidheath461 wrote:
mds wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
mds wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
Vettel lost plenty of places at turn 1 and turn 3 on the first lap.


Most of it because he got nudged by Grosjean though.


He lost the rear and ran wide at turn 3.


Which is not where he lost "plenty" of places.


He lost 2 places on that corner :lol:


1. Magnussen was ahead and on the inside while entering the braking zone.

_________________
Go Vandoorne - Verstappen - Vettel!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 2:04 pm
Posts: 2014
mds wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
I do not think the Ferrari was inferior on race pace based on the long runs in FP and the actual race.


Ok, but even then it wasn't better either and given how in current F1 equal cars don't usually overtake that was still not a good showing. Sure he got impeded by Ricciardo but if he hadn't totally missed the T1 apex he probably wouldn't have been overtaken.


Yes, I think Hamilton was distracted by still focusing too much on the strategy blunder in this period of the race. That's why I wrote earlier in the thread that I think it was not a good race by him (by his high standards, of course).
That said, I am not so sure whether a one-stop was available for Mercedes in hindsight, given the extent of the blistering issue. I think there is a considerable likelihood it would not have worked out without a second stop even without the VSC mistake.

I also think that Vettel's race was not overall great - despite the fine overtaking. He was unusually not inmpressive regarding his race pace vis-à-vis Räikkönen (again by his high standards) - who himself arguably could have done more to challenge Verstappen.

Ferrari really should have won this race.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:11 pm
Posts: 2000
mds wrote:
1. Magnussen was ahead and on the inside while entering the braking zone.


1. You're wrong

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:54 am
Posts: 2269
davidheath461 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
Just reporting facts to you Zoue. No need to attack the messenger ;)

Clearly the writers at autosport thought he did something to warrant an 8, so maybe you should accept that someone has a different opinion to you? 8)

They can if they want, no problem. Doesn't mean I can't still find it hilarious though


Perhaps you can explain why though? The experts at AMuS and Autosport clearly disagree with you and felt Hamilton did enough to warrant an 8/10 rating. Clearly they didn't think he was terrible.

Please let us in on the hilarity of this joke Zoue. I feel like i'm missing out! :lol:

Those expects rate Vettel as the best driver this season. :D

Vettel’s average rating this season on AMUS and Autosport is 8.33, which puts him above Hamilton and Alonso as the best performer this year.


But I guess that doesn’t count?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 11411
davidheath461 wrote:
mds wrote:
1. Magnussen was ahead and on the inside while entering the braking zone.


1. You're wrong

Image


Well if you're going to prove I'm wrong I expect to see a still of the drivers entering the braking zone instead of midway in the braking zone, especially when Vettel is going the long way around and automatically would carry more speed deeper into the corner.

Shall I post the still of just a fraction of time before yours?

(And why repeat that "1"? That was me correcting your statement that he lost two places on that corner)

_________________
Go Vandoorne - Verstappen - Vettel!


Last edited by mds on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 11411
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:

I also think that Vettel's race was not overall great - despite the fine overtaking. He was unusually not inmpressive regarding his race pace vis-à-vis Räikkönen (again by his high standards) - who himself arguably could have done more to challenge Verstappen.

Ferrari really should have won this race.


Agreed in that Ferrari should have won. Vettel lost it on Saturday, Raikkonen on lap 1

Not sure about Vettel's pace though, he did make inroads on Raikkonen but I don't know how realistic it was for one car to get within a second of an identical car on identical tires.

_________________
Go Vandoorne - Verstappen - Vettel!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:29 am
Posts: 244
davidheath461 wrote:
I don't think it's appropriate for someone to call out other posters for voting for Hamilton as DOTD. Everyone is free to vote for who they want.


Of course everyone is free to vote for who they want - the forum doesn't restrict anyone voting for any driver.

However, if everyone is free to vote how they want, shouldn't everyone also be free to discuss or question the way others voted? A forum is just a fancy word for a discussion after all.

Ultimately, some drivers get voted for every race regardless of how they performed. Are you really suggesting people shouldn't question that?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:13 am
Posts: 1579
davidheath461 wrote:
Just reporting facts to you Zoue. No need to attack the messenger ;)

Clearly the writers at autosport thought he did something to warrant an 8, so maybe you should accept that someone has a different opinion to you? 8)


This looks like the disclaimer on WhatsApp broadcast messages where the sender then proceeds to add "forwarded as received" like that absolves you of sharing the same opinion with the message.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 6314
oz_karter wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
I don't think it's appropriate for someone to call out other posters for voting for Hamilton as DOTD. Everyone is free to vote for who they want.


Of course everyone is free to vote for who they want - the forum doesn't restrict anyone voting for any driver.

However, if everyone is free to vote how they want, shouldn't everyone also be free to discuss or question the way others voted? A forum is just a fancy word for a discussion after all.

Ultimately, some drivers get voted for every race regardless of how they performed. Are you really suggesting people shouldn't question that?

This. Very well said oz.

It is your opinion and no one can't "make you" change it. But this opinion is shared in public, so it will be scrutinised. Otherwise why bother making it public instead of keeping it for yourself?

It is also a darn certainty that some opinions will be questioned. If I put forward as DoD in my opinion was Spiderman, then I would be sure called out, right? (Just an extreme example, please don't take it that I'm saying that voting for Hamilton in this race is just as extreme. I hate that I even have to put this caveat to prevent people taking this the wrong way...)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 6314
KingVoid wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
Just reporting facts to you Zoue. No need to attack the messenger ;)

Clearly the writers at autosport thought he did something to warrant an 8, so maybe you should accept that someone has a different opinion to you? 8)

They can if they want, no problem. Doesn't mean I can't still find it hilarious though


Perhaps you can explain why though? The experts at AMuS and Autosport clearly disagree with you and felt Hamilton did enough to warrant an 8/10 rating. Clearly they didn't think he was terrible.

Please let us in on the hilarity of this joke Zoue. I feel like i'm missing out! :lol:

Those expects rate Vettel as the best driver this season. :D

Vettel’s average rating this season on AMUS and Autosport is 8.33, which puts him above Hamilton and Alonso as the best performer this year.


But I guess that doesn’t count?


Not if you want to pass your agenda!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:23 am
Posts: 2608
oz_karter wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
I don't think it's appropriate for someone to call out other posters for voting for Hamilton as DOTD. Everyone is free to vote for who they want.


Of course everyone is free to vote for who they want - the forum doesn't restrict anyone voting for any driver.

However, if everyone is free to vote how they want, shouldn't everyone also be free to discuss or question the way others voted? A forum is just a fancy word for a discussion after all.

Ultimately, some drivers get voted for every race regardless of how they performed. Are you really suggesting people shouldn't question that?



I think most posters know the difference between those who are genuinely interested in why someone voted the way they did, and those who come on here to rubbish the same drivers/posters as some sort of game. A quick glance at their posting history usually does the trick.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 6314
shoot999 wrote:
oz_karter wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
I don't think it's appropriate for someone to call out other posters for voting for Hamilton as DOTD. Everyone is free to vote for who they want.


Of course everyone is free to vote for who they want - the forum doesn't restrict anyone voting for any driver.

However, if everyone is free to vote how they want, shouldn't everyone also be free to discuss or question the way others voted? A forum is just a fancy word for a discussion after all.

Ultimately, some drivers get voted for every race regardless of how they performed. Are you really suggesting people shouldn't question that?



I think most posters know the difference between those who are genuinely interested in why someone voted the way they did, and those who come on here to rubbish the same drivers/posters as some sort of game. A quick glance at their posting history usually does the trick.


Very true, but calling out the silly voting may stop the people who do it. Maybe it will make them think again before they cast the vote for their favorite driver no matter what...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:23 am
Posts: 2608
Siao7 wrote:
shoot999 wrote:
oz_karter wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
I don't think it's appropriate for someone to call out other posters for voting for Hamilton as DOTD. Everyone is free to vote for who they want.


Of course everyone is free to vote for who they want - the forum doesn't restrict anyone voting for any driver.

However, if everyone is free to vote how they want, shouldn't everyone also be free to discuss or question the way others voted? A forum is just a fancy word for a discussion after all.

Ultimately, some drivers get voted for every race regardless of how they performed. Are you really suggesting people shouldn't question that?



I think most posters know the difference between those who are genuinely interested in why someone voted the way they did, and those who come on here to rubbish the same drivers/posters as some sort of game. A quick glance at their posting history usually does the trick.


Very true, but calling out the silly voting may stop the people who do it. Maybe it will make them think again before they cast the vote for their favorite driver no matter what...


I'd have more time for those calling out the silly voting as you call it, if they also called out those that rubbish the same driver every time they post on DotD. Although in a number of cases I suspect they are one and the same person.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 6314
shoot999 wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
shoot999 wrote:
oz_karter wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
I don't think it's appropriate for someone to call out other posters for voting for Hamilton as DOTD. Everyone is free to vote for who they want.


Of course everyone is free to vote for who they want - the forum doesn't restrict anyone voting for any driver.

However, if everyone is free to vote how they want, shouldn't everyone also be free to discuss or question the way others voted? A forum is just a fancy word for a discussion after all.

Ultimately, some drivers get voted for every race regardless of how they performed. Are you really suggesting people shouldn't question that?



I think most posters know the difference between those who are genuinely interested in why someone voted the way they did, and those who come on here to rubbish the same drivers/posters as some sort of game. A quick glance at their posting history usually does the trick.


Very true, but calling out the silly voting may stop the people who do it. Maybe it will make them think again before they cast the vote for their favorite driver no matter what...


I'd have more time for those calling out the silly voting as you call it, if they also called out those that rubbish the same driver every time they post on DotD. Although in a number of cases I suspect they are one and the same person.


Hmm, I'm not sure I'm following who you are talking about, but I think I get the gist of your message. And I fully agree, DotD is not for bashing or loving any specific driver.

The problem starts when you are afraid to make your opinion public because you are going to be labelled a hater or a fan boy. I am trying to be none of the two, my favorite driver has retired, so it is easy for me to try and be neutral and unbiased, I have an unfair advantage!

I do have soft spots for some drivers, but I will call them out if they do dodgy stuff. It is quite liberating NOT to have a favorite driver (and equally a driver that you dislike). I try to judge them on a race by race performance


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 23703
shoot999 wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
shoot999 wrote:
oz_karter wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
I don't think it's appropriate for someone to call out other posters for voting for Hamilton as DOTD. Everyone is free to vote for who they want.


Of course everyone is free to vote for who they want - the forum doesn't restrict anyone voting for any driver.

However, if everyone is free to vote how they want, shouldn't everyone also be free to discuss or question the way others voted? A forum is just a fancy word for a discussion after all.

Ultimately, some drivers get voted for every race regardless of how they performed. Are you really suggesting people shouldn't question that?



I think most posters know the difference between those who are genuinely interested in why someone voted the way they did, and those who come on here to rubbish the same drivers/posters as some sort of game. A quick glance at their posting history usually does the trick.


Very true, but calling out the silly voting may stop the people who do it. Maybe it will make them think again before they cast the vote for their favorite driver no matter what...


I'd have more time for those calling out the silly voting as you call it, if they also called out those that rubbish the same driver every time they post on DotD. Although in a number of cases I suspect they are one and the same person.

well given that I'm the one that originally disputed voting for Hamilton in this instance, I'm guessing you might be referring to me. But I don't believe I have rubbished Hamilton, other than to say that on this occasion he drove poorly - I'm wondering why that should be something that's not allowed -, while I have also expressed similar surprise for votes cast for Kimi in the past. Strangely, though, that never seems to attract the same (or indeed any) levels of righteous indignation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:00 pm
Posts: 4798
For some people anything other than praise for their favorite is the same as rubbishing them.

_________________
{Insert clever sig line here}


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 9257
Everyone in the top teams bar Verstappen were 'meh'.

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Bottas
Thank you Nico - You´re the champ!

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: inky38, j man and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group